Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, just likely means the main mission was getting the truck, and "mission digestion" is doing what is necessary to get the truck painted, swapped with the other red Ram's VIN, and getting it in working order again.

See, I still don't buy the whole swapping VIN idea. In Ontario every vehicle needs to have an emissions test every 2 years. During that test the VIN is recorded and photographed. So if they swap VINs, its going to lead back to Bosma within 2 years. For the swap to work they would need a third salvage truck with a Cummins Diesel.

It strikes me as telling that when DM said "mission digestion", CN simply replied "lol mission digestion" as if she knew exactly what he was talking about.

Any ideas on what was with the "nvm" when she made that joke about the paper shredder? Didn't seem like it was a joke that went over well.

Seems like he changed his mind.

See, I still don't buy the whole swapping VIN idea. In Ontario every vehicle needs to have an emissions test every 2 years. During that test the VIN is recorded and photographed. So if they swap VINs, its going to lead back to Bosma within 2 years. For the swap to work they would need a third salvage truck with a Cummins Diesel.

Not saying they wouldn't, but it seems that what's they were planning on doing regardless.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
At 8am [May 9] Rabbit texts: "hi Dellen...what's new? Mutty"

Interesting to note that DM was in Kleinburg just before this text was sent. It's like he dropped in to grab something and then left without saying hi to his mom.

I think committing murder while in the process of another crime is first degree as well? correct me if im wrong. Anyway i'm not too concerned about the technicalities of the sentencing, i'm just trying to understand the mindset.

You're not wrong, but you're thinking of U.S. criminal law, which makes any death that occurs during the commission of a felony a first-degree murder.

Our Criminal Code does not have such a proviso. First-degree murder is defined as "planned and deliberate " though there are exceptions such as hijackings, assaults on prison guards etc. If you Google "first degree murder Canada" you can see the full list. This case seems to be going for planned and deliberate. There may be a case for MS not knowing in advance that the plan included homicide but the testimony still to come should shed light on this.

Only Dellen Millard could ruin Winnie the Pooh :tantrum:

I thought of this too, however, I doubt that all of the different vehicles in DM's "car collection" would have had insurance or annual license plate stickers, just to be driven a few times per year. I just can't see DM being meticulous about these things. MOO the TB truck was headed to Mexico permanently.

DM
That's not how I read it, but that's just MO. I think she's just a naive, star-struck, youngun, who in this case is just laughing at the term "mission digestion" for how stupid/silly it sounds. I think DM likely made it sound vague, so that she'd laugh it off and just dismiss it as "typical Dellen".

I think we'll find out very soon she knew exactly what he was talking about. And that's why she's been charged whereas others who helped them in various ways afterwards haven't...

Emissions testing is just on seven yr old and older vehicles.

I thought of this too, however, I doubt that all of the different vehicles in DM's "car collection" would have had insurance or annual license plate stickers, just to be driven a few times per year. I just can't see DM being meticulous about these things. MOO the TB truck was headed to Mexico permanently.

True, but as we have seen... DM isn't that smart!

DM alluded to heroin use. “I’m either going to sleep or doing heroin,” the friend quoted Mr. Millard as saying a year ago. (http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says)

You can be sure that DM was likely a hard drug user, he fits a certain profile, and at least trying hard drugs is usually near top of the hobby list for those people.

I dont think citing hard drug use would help the crowns case one bit.

You can be sure I've been around a lot of hard drug users, which is why I don't think DM was one of them.

Trying hard drugs is one thing. Having drugs like MDMA at your parties is one thing.

Being addicted to something that will actually give you amphetamine psychosis? At that point you are not taking all those naps in between cleaning up your murder.

Seriously addicted to heroin? You are not motivated enough to go out and kill a guy for his truck. All you care about is getting more heroin.

And with either of those--when you're arrested, the cops find your personal stash.

CN like many young girls was "in love" with DM. In her messages, it's like she's doing everything to hang on to him and overlooking the obvious. She knew about the theft but I don't think the murder until she met up with DM later on. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say on the stand. Hopefully she has done a lot of growing up since then.

I have an 07 and a 2013 that both need emissions! Antiques do not need emission testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not wrong, but you're thinking of U.S. criminal law, which makes any death that occurs during the commission of a felony a first-degree murder.

Our Criminal Code does not have such a proviso. First-degree murder is defined as "planned and deliberate " though there are exceptions such as hijackings, assaults on prison guards etc. If you Google "first degree murder Canada" you can see the full list. This case seems to be going for planned and deliberate. There may be a case for MS not knowing in advance that the plan included homicide but the testimony still to come should shed light on this.

I text from what appears to be Smich on May 3: "I thought it was fireworks tonight, but its not yet."

What do you think he meant by fireworks? Seems MS knew exactly what was going to happen and was actually looking forward to it.

You can be sure I've been around a lot of hard drug users, which is why I don't think DM was one of them.

Trying hard drugs is one thing. Having drugs like MDMA at your parties is one thing.

Being addicted to something that will actually give you amphetamine psychosis? At that point you are not taking all those naps in between cleaning up your murder.

Seriously addicted to heroin? You are not motivated enough to go out and kill a guy for his truck. All you care about is getting more heroin.

And with either of those--when you're arrested, the cops find your personal stash.

Smoking weed every day isn't good for some people's minds, either.

Emissions testing is just on seven yr old and older vehicles.

TBs truck was 6 years old in 2013, so it would be due for inspection within a year. And I believe that number changed at some point. Used to be either 3rd or 5th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo