Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it is definitely a reference to Winnie the Pooh. And more of a Pooh has got himself into another mess and now I have to make the best of the mess he has left me with.
Gist of the story she's referencing Pooh ate too much honey and couldn't leave rabbits house, so Rabbit tried to make the best of a bad situation by decorating Pooh's butt with antlers so it looked more homey. I also think she may have been drunk when she sent it.

I have said this time and time again but as we get more into the evidence I cant see a scenario where one or both of them does not want to testify to try and save them self a possible life sentence.

I have said this time and time again but as we get more into the evidence I cant see a scenario where one or both of them does not want to testify to try and save them self a possible life sentence.

Ratting on the other is the only chance one of them has IMO.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Jury waiting for legal arguments to finish before Greg Harrison's cross examination begins. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
To be here for the verdict you will have to camp out at the courthouse.

I assume you mean, "does want"?

She was out picking up his dog with CN on the 11th. MB would have to have known by then that he was arrested. Yet she still said nothing about the trailer.

why did LE not immediately go question his mother? if they had they would have seen the trailer in her driveway.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
If I'm not answering your Twitter question it's because 1) it would be illegal for me to do so due to pub ban/presumption of innocence 1/2

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s48 seconds ago
2/2 or it's because you are being rude or disrespectful. All the rest, I do my best to respond to.

Well, rat and lie, because there is already enough evidence for both to go down.

LOL - I kind of assumed that the ratting would entail a pack of lies. I should have added that I don't think it will help either of them one little tiny bit.

Maybe SS was licensed to preform emissions? Maybe he payed someone else off ?

You can't just pay someone off. The vehicle is hooked up to a computer and all the info needs to match the VIN. Photos of the VIN & Licence plates need to be submitted while the vehicle is tested. TBs truck with DMs tag wouldn't work because it would be expecting a gas engine, not a diesel.

LOL - I kind of assumed that the ratting would entail a pack of lies. I should have added that I don't think it will help either of them one little tiny bit.

The defence still has to stand up and make a speech on how these guys are not guilty - both S&P and TD. That should be an entertaining fairytale (theme of the day?)

I text from what appears to be Smich on May 3: "I thought it was fireworks tonight, but its not yet."

What do you think he meant by fireworks? Seems MS knew exactly what was going to happen and was actually looking forward to it.

Could be, but I'm betting TD will spin this (and the sausage pics etc.) as references to a planned "BBQ" of the usual kind. The trouble with references like these is that in this context they are sickening in the extreme, but they are also open to other, more innocent, interpretation. They are ambiguous.

However, the testimony of MM may clarify a lot of what MS knew or expected: provided he actually told her very much. I'm not certain he did.

You can't just pay someone off. The vehicle is hooked up to a computer and all the info needs to match the VIN. Photos of the VIN & Licence plates need to be submitted while the vehicle is tested. TBs truck with DMs tag wouldn't work because it would be expecting a gas engine, not a diesel.

I guess that is a government-administered program so their data on the computers. Would be up to the emissions shop to alert on it, I suspect, though. DM just wouldn't be able to get a plate sticker, but with so many other vehicles, I am sure he could take one from another vehicle.

Could be, but I'm betting TD will spin this (and the sausage pics etc.) as references to a planned "BBQ" of the usual kind. The trouble with references like these is that in this context they are sickening in the extreme, but they are also open to other, more innocent, interpretation. They are ambiguous.

Except that we've already read the last chapter. We know how it ends.

You're not wrong, but you're thinking of U.S. criminal law, which makes any death that occurs during the commission of a felony a first-degree murder.

Our Criminal Code does not have such a proviso. First-degree murder is defined as "planned and deliberate " though there are exceptions such as hijackings, assaults on prison guards etc. If you Google "first degree murder Canada" you can see the full list. This case seems to be going for planned and deliberate. There may be a case for MS not knowing in advance that the plan included homicide but the testimony still to come should shed light on this.

The original first degree murder charge was laid because of the forcible confinement component, but it seems that since then they're been able to make a case for planned and deliberate. So the justification for the first degree charge seems to have evolved a little, though they may still intend to argue forcible confinement as well. That might be the best thing - first degree convictions indicated both on planning and execution.

Dream on. If either of these guys gets on the stand they are going to have to answer for every single text text message that we've heard. They would rip these guys to pieces.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5s5 seconds ago
Jury is back. Harrison is back on the stand for cross-examination. Pillay up first. #Bosma

I think it's just an example of what Newfoundland writer Jessica Grant calls "secret family language." Many families, or even close circle of friends, will have "insider"jokes, sayings, allusions and so forth that are meaningless or silly to outsiders and out of context. I would infer rabbits and Winnie the Pooh figure in MB/DM's "secret family language " somehow but wouldn't have a clue beyond that. It isn't likely sinister, just intimate.

Rabbit is a character in the fictional world of the book series and cartoons Winnie–the–Pooh. He is a friend of Winnie–the–Pooh, regards himself as practical and tends to take the lead, though not always with the results that he intends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_(Winnie-the-Pooh)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s21 seconds ago
Pillay has compiled a list of text messages from the Millard phone that he will be referencing. Hands a copy to the witness and the judge

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14s14 seconds ago
Jury is back. Judge explains we were delayed due to technical issue. Officer Harrison now under cross by Pillay, Millard's lawyer. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
Also seeing that list up on the courtroom screens. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7s7 seconds ago
#Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining Det. Cst. Harrison. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 21s21 seconds ago
Jury back. Harrison still in the witness box. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
Pillay suggests that many of the messages presented were chosen by the crown. That there were others on there that weren't selected. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
Harrison agrees many messages were left out. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
Pillay establishing that texts Harrison has introduced were chosen by Crown. Lots of texts that weren't included.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 29s30 seconds ago
Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay cross examining #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 54s55 seconds ago
Establishes that lots of messages on #Millard's phone were not included in presentation of crown's evidence

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s55 seconds ago
Harrison is going to read incoming messages to the phone and Pillay is reading the outgoing messages. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
Now Harrison is reading messages about a party at #Millard house. 5 guys, 10 girls. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo