Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next witness is Jim Falconer from the OPP. He has already testified once, and now is back to complete it:
OPP officer returns to stand in Tim Bosma trial
Jim Falconer from the OPP will be back in court Wednesday to give the bulk of his evidence as to what he found on the electronic devices seized in the case.
by Adam Carter 3:22 PM

Goodman tells the jury on occasion in a criminal trial, witnesses can be recalled to give further evidence and that it isn't unusual.
by Adam Carter 3:22 PM

Not sure about Ontario regulations but in many areas trucks over 1 ton (3500 and up) do not need emission testing ... big trucks are designed to gulp fuel to produce raw horsepower in order to deliver heavy products .

RE Emission test on the TB truck, I suspect DM had a 'guy' for that too, he has a whole collection of folks that would turn a blind eye, why not here too...JMO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 23s24 seconds ago
Another officer now recalled -- Jim Falconer. He's testified in this trial already. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s21 seconds ago
Falconer is retired from the OPP's technical crime unit (where he worked at the time of the investigation). #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now3 seconds ago
Falconer was up before. Recalled. He's a computer forensics expert. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7s7 seconds ago
Jury told not to make anything of the fact the computer forensics expert has been called back to give more testimony. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
Judge explains to the jury this happens sometime in a trial, that witnesses will be called back to provide additional testimony. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC now5 seconds ago
Judge explains to the jury that they've seen Falconer before and sometimes witnesses are called back in trials #Bosma

The defence still has to stand up and make a speech on how these guys are not guilty - both S&P and TD. That should be an entertaining fairytale (theme of the day?)

They don't have to argue that their clients did not commit the crime (though it's possible one or the other will do that and present some framing hypothesis, who knows). What the defense lawyer generally does in a case like this is attack the perceived weak links in the Crown's case or its evidence; for example, John Rosen did not attempt to present Bernardo as an innocent, but he attacked, quite effectively, the testimony and validity of the evidence given by Karla Homolka. Her testimony was not, in the end, necessary for convicting Bernardo, who admitted to the rapes and kidnapping and therefore was automatically guilty of the deaths of the two girls, regardless of whether he did it himself or she did.

If either or both have any "smoking gun " evidence to present, it will certainly be interesting. The defense does not have to disclose evidence to the Crown, it's the other way around. But I will be surprised if such an eventuality occurs. And I don't expect any fairy tales. Criminal lawyers are under few illusions about their clients in most cases. They usually draw attention to such flaws in the evidence that they can find (there usually are some) and suggest these raise reasonable doubt.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now5 seconds ago
Falconer found more #Millard messages on a computer backup that weren't on the phone. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s27 seconds ago
Today he's going to testify about messages from Millard's iPhone that were found on a computer backup (rather than the actual phone). #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s11 seconds ago
He has since found Millard text messages that were backed up from iPhone onto another device.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6s6 seconds ago
This time Falconer is here to talk about private text messages found on the main floor office of Dellen Millard's Etobicoke home #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5s5 seconds ago
Seeing a photo of the computer tower found in the home office at 5 Maplegate, that this data was found on. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
"Dellen's PC" it was registered as. User was "Dellen." #Bosma

Falconer is an expert in computer data recovery. He's here to talk about messages from Millard's iPhone found on a computer backup.
by Adam Carter 3:23 PM

The messages were found on a tower in Millard's home registered as "Dellen's PC."
by Adam Carter 3:24 PM

We're seeing a powerpoint, saying these are communications between Millard and Matt Ward Jackson. He's also known as Isho.
by Adam Carter 3:26 PM

It strikes me as telling that when DM said "mission digestion", CN simply replied "lol mission digestion" as if she knew exactly what he was talking about.

Any ideas on what was with the "nvm" when she made that joke about the paper shredder? Didn't seem like it was a joke that went over well.

I am a few pages behind so sorry if this answer is way off. IMO, the "paper shredder" she was referring to in her text was the incinerator. She said something like "oh your fancy paper shredder". One thing he has never directly referenced on text is using the incinerator in any way. He has mentioned it but not "using" it. So I think that was the never mind comment.

I am probably really wrong but that was the thought I had with that text.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s23 seconds ago
Found on device registered as "Dellen's PC."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now5 seconds ago
presentation of comms between #Millard and Matt Ward Jackson

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now
The conversations in question are between Dellen Millard's phone and Matt Ward-Jackson. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s13 seconds ago
Texts between Dellen Millard and Matt Ward Jackson.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4s5 seconds ago
Dell's iPhone was last backed up to the computer on Feb 16, 2012. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s6 seconds ago
Matt Ward goes by "Isho."

I think nothing. I have family members that had nicknames like "Rabbit" that they made up with their siblings when younger. They still reference each other as this and all their kids and nieces and nephews call them these nicknames more than their birth name.

Too much is being read into her nickname IMO.

I agree. My youngest son calls me Kirby or Snorlax on occasion. Mostly Kirby. My oldest will call me MommyDearest when he wants something. For the record they are 31 and 25. I sometimes call them Eejitt (oldest) and Nancy (youngest). Those are not their real names. I also get called Momma and Motheeeeeer. When they are serious it's Mom. LOL!

You can't just pay someone off. The vehicle is hooked up to a computer and all the info needs to match the VIN. Photos of the VIN & Licence plates need to be submitted while the vehicle is tested. TBs truck with DMs tag wouldn't work because it would be expecting a gas engine, not a diesel.

Maybe he had some other way to avoid testing
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourcei...v=2&ie=UTF-8#q=light duty commercial vehicles

[h=2]Light Passenger Vehicle Exemptions to the Emissions Test[/h]-Vehicles exempt from Drive Clean testing requirements:
* All hybrid vehicles (those powered by a combination of internal combustion engines and electric motors)
* Vehicles of the 1987 model year and older
* Vehicles currently designated as “Historic” under the Highway Traffic Act
* Light-duty commercial farm vehicles
* Kit cars
* Motorcycles

Jury now looking at text messages between Dellen Millard and Matt Ward Jackson taken from backups of Millard's iPhone on his computer #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
In Millard's phone, "Isho" is listed as the contact name with "Matt ward" listed as the organization. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 19s20 seconds ago
Matt Ward contact file on #Millard phone has name "isho"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15s16 seconds ago
Jackson also goes by "Matt ward" or "isho" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 40s41 seconds ago
There are 5 different phone numbers connected to this contact, it looks like. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Interesting point out Jackson had five different phone numbers listed in Millard's contacts #Bosma

I am a few pages behind so sorry if this answer is way off. IMO, the "paper shredder" she was referring to in her text was the incinerator. She said something like "oh your fancy paper shredder". One thing he has never directly referenced on text is using the incinerator in any way. He has mentioned it but not "using" it. So I think that was the never mind comment.

I am probably really wrong but that was the thought I had with that text.

I thought the same thing about the paper shredder.

RE Emission test on the TB truck, I suspect DM had a 'guy' for that too, he has a whole collection of folks that would turn a blind eye, why not here too...JMO

Its not that simple. And don't forget, JV would be driving around in that truck with TBs VIN. One accident would be all it took for the cops to be all over them. I do like the previous suggestion of only using the Diesel for the Baja trips and just switching VIN & plates for that period of time.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s37 seconds ago
On feb 5, 2012 from MW to DM: "what's up bro it's ish can you send me marks new number"
DM sends it to him. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 29s30 seconds ago
"what's up bro its iish can ya send me marks new number."
Millard "Jackson? that your last name?" Yeah

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s10 seconds ago
Then DM to MW: "Jackson? That your last name?"
Now MW to DM:
Yea
Walther pk 9mill tomorrow 2200?
Proper one

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s7 seconds ago
Millard sends Ish Mark's new number. M to Ish on Feb. 9, 2012: Jackson? That your last name? I to M: Walther PPK 9mill tomorrow 2200?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7s7 seconds ago
Feb 10, 2012, 7:32 am
"Walther pk 9mill tomorow 2200?"
"Proper one"

Feb 9 2012 Millard: Jackson? That your last name?
Jackson: yea
Jackson: Walther pk 9mil tommorrow? 2200? Proper one

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s21 seconds ago
Then DM to MW:
The Walther. Can't do a little better on the price? Come why any amo?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 20s21 seconds ago
Millard "can't do better on the price? Come with amo"
#TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4s5 seconds ago
MW then writes that a Walther is I. Demand. (Missed a few in between here)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
They are negotiating price. Ish: I can get him to bring me it now would u like it foreal? Millard: let's do it. Pick it up tonight?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13s13 seconds ago
#Millard tries to talk him down on price of gun.
Jackson - I can get him to bring me it now would u like it foreal?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now6 seconds ago
Ish: 22 cash plz I'm doing ya a big favour trust. I'm not making a penny

A message from Jackson on Feb 10 2012: "Walther pk 9mill tomorrow 2200? proper one." Millard responds: "the walther. can't do a little better on the price? come with any amo?" Jackson responds: "Na walther is a really proper wanted one. And yes I can give y grains. I talked the guy down from 25 cuz I thought ya wouldn't wwanna spent tht."
by Adam Carter 3:29 PM

Jackson asks" would u like it for real?" Millard responds: "lets do it. pick it up tonight?"
by Adam Carter 3:30 PM

Jackson says "22 cash plz, I'm doing you a big favour, trust. Im not making a penny."
by Adam Carter 3:31 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13s14 seconds ago
Jackson "22 cash plz I'm doing ya a big favor trust. I'm not making a penny."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13s14 seconds ago
Texts suggest they met on feb 10 at jackson's house, with Jackson asking for "cash please" insisting its a "big favour" #TimBosma

Millard to MW: let's do it. Pick it up tonight? MW sends address. MW: "22 cash plz I'm doing ya a big favour. Trust. I'm not making a penny"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18s19 seconds ago
Ish: My guys comn from Niagara so plz be on time

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s11 seconds ago
"My guys comn from niagara so plz be on time. I don't wanna look stoopid." #Millard: I'll be there. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6s7 seconds ago
Jackson also tells Millard "plz be on time" and "I don't wanna look stoopid " #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s15 seconds ago
This is feb 10, 2012. MW stresses he needs to be on time. Millard phone says he'll be there by 6. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5s6 seconds ago
Jackson then offers Millard "lessons" saying he's free tomorrow "we can go over every piece" he says #TimBosma

MW: "...it's legit U won't have problems if u need lessons tomorrow I'm free and we can go over every piece ok?" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Ish to Millard: if u need lessons tomorrow I'm free and we can go over every piece ok?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s9 seconds ago
From Millard phone: "yea going over it tomorrow sometime after 2pm is good." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5s5 seconds ago
Feb 10, 2012, Jackson- Millard. So just have it counted I gotta run. And its legit u won't have problems if u need lessons tomorow I'm free

The two then message back and forth about the time and location for the sale.
by Adam Carter 3:32 PM

Another message from Jackson reads: "It's legit u won't have problems if u need lessons tomorrow I'm free and we can go over every piece, ok?" Millard answers: "ya going over it tomorrow sometime after 2pm is good."
by Adam Carter 3:33 PM

Millard texts" "kk so you're bringing it my car?" Jackson answers: "yea, looks good Im comin now." Millard then says "btw is it clean or dirty?" Jackson responds "Clean."
by Adam Carter 3:35 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members