Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that is a government-administered program so their data on the computers. Would be up to the emissions shop to alert on it, I suspect, though. DM just wouldn't be able to get a plate sticker, but with so many other vehicles, I am sure he could take one from another vehicle.

That would depend on where are the truck ownership is located (municipality/county). Not all counties in Ontario have the emission testing. I have family members who live in a county that is not covered under the Drive Clean campaign....meaning, they do not have to waste their money on these no good for nothing tests!

DM doesn't seem to think long term....he just needed this truck to get to BAJA. JMO

He also could just take the old red truck for the testing and then put the sticker on the stolen one. A missing VIN in the windshield is easy to pass off as the result of an accident or something. As long as it's still stamped in other areas he could get the testing on the original truck and get a sticker.

But I do know what you're saying. He only thinks of what he needs in the moment and deals with the other problems as they arise.

MOO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
April 29, 2013. Texts between Millard and Kowalski about party being planned, 5 guys, 10 girls. (Jury has seen some of this before.)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s21 seconds ago
They begin on April 29, 2013. Exchange is with Kowalski. They are discussing a party (We saw some of these before in Michalski's testimony)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Millard: Wednesday evening, barbecue at maple gate, invites only

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
April 29 2013 Pillay revisiting a text conversation between Millard and Michalski where they were planning a barbecue with 5 girls, 10 guys

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Outgoing from Millard phone: "Wednesday evening. Barbecue at Maplegate. Invites only, bring Mel."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Michalski tells #Millard where to find chicken and salad in fridge. "Thanks honey great dinner, you'll make a great wife some day."

Still reading to catch up for today.....

I wonder which one of the gfs did DM invite to this party? Jenn, CN, LW, LW2, ????????

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
"Smich spoke highly of Dell," Sachak suggests. "Yes he did," she agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
"He needed help and I was willing to help him." Smich said he did odd jobs for Dell at airport. Spoke highly of Dell.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s28 seconds ago
#Smich told Meneses he would do odd jobs for #Millard. Paint, plaster at hangar. #Smich spoke highly of "Dell." Dell helps him when needed

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s10 seconds ago
"He didn't say 'I'm so depressed, bc Dell gives me these perks he's dominating me,'" Sachak says. She agrees he did not. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now3 seconds ago
#Smich never suggested to Elizabeth that he was "Dell's little puppy."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s56 seconds ago
Sachak: He didn't suggest he was Dell's "little puppy" or "little slave."
She agrees. #Bosma

Most people don't willingly admit when they are being someone's "little puppy" or "little slave" do they?

Judging by the text to DM from MB on the morning of the 9th, I'm guessing that DM was not at his mother's home that morning but was on a "breakfast" date with the ex. Did we hear that she may have been living in the Woodbridge condo? The phone pings from that morning show him as being somewhere between Woodbridge and Kleinburg IMO.

MOO

Still reading to catch up for today.....

I wonder which one of the gfs did DM invite to this party? Jenn, CN, LW, LW2, ????????

Well CN apparently didn't get the message in time for the food. But then the ratio was supposed to be 10 girls and 5 guys. Pretty sure DM wouldn't have wanted any of his known "girlfriends" there. He probably wanted to "mingle". ;)

MOO

forgive me for saying this ''out loud'' but paper shredder to me, in DM's situation, could have been wood chipper

Still don't understand the point of the wood chipper. Anyone care to enlighten me ?

Things I learned today: DM was more than super cash strapped- looks like his mom helped him out to get the Distillery condo closed...but, then he makes a reference to LW2 that had to pay high interest rates for the mortgage he finally obtained. Kind of leaves me wondering if he just pocketed MB's money and put a mortgage on the Condo? I can see why MB moved quickly to get the properties in her name and get them sold- she was probably watching her own equity and perhaps retirement flash in front of her eyes- and that was before DM was charged with WM's death.
Second interesting point was DM's continued relationship with JS and the fact that he still had some type of ownership over her car. Now her presence at Maple Gate when WM was found dead makes a bit more sense- they were still a number.
And the third most interesting point is how DM's gun purchase is nicely documented in a series of text messages with MWJ. DM's lingo of "clean or dirty" and referring to ammo as "grains" etc etc. Sure sounds like DM knew what he was talking about. MWJ should really screen his customers better.MOO

How do we know he still had some type of ownership on the car. I've missed this

What did Sachak achieve with any of those questions??

He is trying to establish that MM was a young girl in love and therefore her testimony will be favourable to MS when she takes the stand. He must be worried about what she'll have to say.

MOO

I'm confused about the Isho and gun testimony. If he bought a gun off of Isho, why does DM say that he will bring the Walther? Was there already a gun in the picture from before Feb 14th, 2012?

He was seeing him again the next day for ammo and instruction. He was saying he was bringing the gun he purchased the previous day with him.

He also could just take the old red truck for the testing and then put the sticker on the stolen one. A missing VIN in the windshield is easy to pass off as the result of an accident or something. As long as it's still stamped in other areas he could get the testing on the original truck and get a sticker.

But I do know what you're saying. He only thinks of what he needs in the moment and deals with the other problems as they arise.

MOO

Or he could just purchase a VIN from a wrecked or decommissioned dodge diesel truck. It is a thriving business, and some wrecking yards will sell them. Although all of them will deny it.

This mark smich guy is a real MAMAS BOY isn't he? Mummy does everything for him, then on the flip side he allegedly kills people. What a dumb child. It's like these kids have never actually lived a day in their lives. They certainly lack genuine life struggles / hardship that build character, that's for sure. what a bunch of dumb, bored idiots. Kids like this aren't supposed to be allowed to just roam free in this kind of state, doing whatever they feel. They should be forced into the military and get their asses handed to them by a drill sgt.

Yes pretty sad that there is an element of society that just exists by stealing, killing, drugs, guns and anything except an honest job and respect for fellow humans.

He is trying to establish that MM was a young girl in love and therefore her testimony will be favourable to MS when she takes the stand. He must be worried about what she'll have to say.

MOO

Should equal out with CN. Both can take equal responsibility for the murder. MOO

My heart sank reading those tweets! Can't imagine what the family the family felt. :-(

This is is the tweet that did it for me. No second guessing that message. They are both guilty of 1st degree. Jmo.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Two photos attached to this MMS message. No text or subject line. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
That extraction corresponds to the gun photos jury was just shown. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
First photo is the one we've seen many times now of Millard's hand holding the gun. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
The second is of the bottom (grip?) of a gun, with the "WALTHER" banner visible. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
That's it for Trehearne's questions. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Jury seeing how both gun photos were sent to "isho" Jackson between 3am and 4am on feb 14 2012 #Bosma

I guess I am getting confused. We are not the jury here, and as such, we talk about our prior knowledge that Isho has charges against him (as well as 2 others I believe) for selling DM the gun that killed his father, WM. So if this gun referred to in court today via emails between Isho and DM from back in February 2012 is for the purchase of a gun... and then it was used in November 2012 to murder his father (perhaps also used in June/July 2012 to murder LB, who knows??!!).. the police would have confiscated the gun as the then-proof that WM had committed 'suicide', correct? So how are they indicating now that the fun has relevance in *this* case, which happened in May 2013? There is no chance that police would have gone to check out the suicide of WM and said, 'ya, the victim shot himself causing a bleed to the brain, and there's the gun he used, sitting right there beside him, so let's just leave it with his son as a memento'? And.. there was also mention of 2 guns, that both DM and MS had guns. Are there other additional emails between Isho and either DM or MS about the purchase of another gun or two? How can the gun purch'd back in Feb 2012 which was apparently used in WM's murder, be the same gun that killed TB? What am I missing?

Should equal out with CN. Both can take equal responsibility for the murder. MOO

That's what I figure. Rather than having each defendant take the stand to point the finger at each other, the girlfriends will do it for them. MM will state that MS told her that DM shot TB and reiterate the story she was told about what happened that night while CN will state that DM told her that MS shot TB and will reiterate the story that she was told.

And we will be no further ahead. But it will negate the necessity of either defendant from having to take the stand to tell their side and be put on the hot seat. As would be expected from these two, let the girls handle the heat for them.

MOO

He was seeing him again the next day for ammo and instruction. He was saying he was bringing the gun he purchased the previous day with him.

I thought he "five fingered" the ammo? Or was that just "practice" ammo? He bought the good "grain" from Iisho? :waitasec:

I guess I am getting confused. We are not the jury here, and as such, we talk about our prior knowledge that Isho has charges against him (as well as 2 others I believe) for selling DM the gun that killed his father, WM. So if this gun referred to in court today via emails between Isho and DM from back in February 2012 is for the purchase of a gun... and then it was used in November 2012 to murder his father (perhaps also used in June/July 2012 to murder LB, who knows??!!).. the police would have confiscated the gun as the then-proof that WM had committed 'suicide', correct? So how are they indicating now that the fun has relevance in *this* case, which happened in May 2013? There is no chance that police would have gone to check out the suicide of WM and said, 'ya, the victim shot himself causing a bleed to the brain, and there's the gun he used, sitting right there beside him, so let's just leave it with his son as a memento'? And.. there was also mention of 2 guns, that both DM and MS had guns. Are there other additional emails between Isho and either DM or MS about the purchase of another gun or two? How can the gun purch'd back in Feb 2012 which was apparently used in WM's murder, be the same gun that killed TB? What am I missing?

I think you may be missing the fact that they found a lot more evidence for LB and WM while sifting through all this information for this trial. Remember, DM and MS were not charged with additional murders until LE were well into the TB murder investigation.

"Almost a year after they were charged with the death of Tim Bosma — whose remains were found at Millard's Waterloo Region farm — the two are now facing an additional first-degree murder charge in the death of 23-year-old Laura Babcock, who went missing in the summer of 2012"

MOO

MOO

What would have been the purpose of having SS remove the VIN from the red Ram then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste