Bosma Murder Trial 04.21.16 - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? So she knew MS was involved with Tim's murder before MS's sister's wedding, and yet she still happily texted her sister that "we're next", meaning to get married? This seems off....

I took it that MS sent the text to MM.

No, it was MM who sent the text to her sister.

Four days before his arrest, Meneses was planning her wedding with Smich, her sister said.

That day, Smich’s sister was getting married and Meneses attended the wedding with Smich. While there she sent her sister a text about herself and Smich, court heard.

It said: “We’re next.”

She said she wanted her sister, who is eight years her senior, to be her bridesmaid.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/woman-who-planned-to-wed-mark-smich-to-testify-at-bosma-murder-trial

it seems interesting/odd that she distances herself by calling DM your friend to MS at this point and at other times calling him Dell.

Actually, she called him Dellen consistently. I think the only time she said "Dell" was when the Crown referred to him as Dell in his question(s). It stood out to me that she used "Dellen" while almost everyone else has called him Dell most of the time.

I agree, she was a thorn, and is very lucky to get away clean or worse.

This, IMO, is worth digging into: Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7h7 hours ago

She lived there for a year. "We were pretty close but he wasn't always the greatest to me."

Wondering what he might done to make her say this. Makes me wonder if she was scared of him a little. She broke up as soon as he was arrested, so I think was already parting ways with him emotionally. IMO

A big takeaway today was that MS couldn't be dissuaded from this mission. MM asked him repeatedly to reconsider. He still went. After, he celebrated. It was a thrill to him too.

Actually, she called him Dellen consistently. I think the only time she said "Dell" was when the Crown referred to him as Dell in his question(s). It stood out to me that she used "Dellen" while almost everyone else has called him Dell most of the time.
Yes i see, but at this point she said "why is your friend ....___?"

Recall the.... "I f'd up, I f'd up," testimony evidence presented earlier... not "Dell f'd up"

Also where did the "he's gone, gone, gone" come from? Why did we not hear about this statement?

OK, I saw the gone, gone, gone comment....just trying to catch up......slow down WS'ers!!!!

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont Apr 20
Marlena was never arrested. Christina Noudga was arrested. Never assume anything.

That is incorrect. Both MS and MM were arrested, but only MS was charged. CN was both arrested AND charged.

I grabbed Mr. Smich, placed him on the ground, put him under arrest for first-degree murder," he testified. Smich's girlfriend, Marlena Meneses, was also placed under arrest.

Source:
Sgt. Stuart Oxley Testimony - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-arrest-of-accused-mark-smich-detailed-for-jury-1.3461958

Also where did the "he's gone, gone, gone" come from? Why did we not hear about this statement?

We did hear that today. It was presented shortly after the testimony about picking up the toolbox. It wasn't clear from the tweets precisely when Smich said this, but I think it was sometime after he picked up the backpack and the toolbox.

That is incorrect. Both MS and MM were arrested, but only MS was charged. CN was both arrested AND charged.

Source: [/FONT][/COLOR]Sgt. Stuart Oxley Testimony - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-arrest-of-accused-mark-smich-detailed-for-jury-1.3461958

So who are you going to believe, SC or AC?

ETA: I think if the question is, does MM now have an arrest on her criminal record and I think the answer is no.

Yes i see, but at this point she said "why is your friend ....___?"

Both 'your friend' and not using the short form imply a sense of distance. Lots of reason for it. There didn't seem to be particular closeness with DM, or with his girlfriend. MM didn't feel respected by him and probably with cause ("Marlena's a child"..) There may have even been a sense of jealousy or discomfort with the closeness of the relationship between MS and DM given the way she described MS being in love with him.

OK, I saw the gone, gone, gone comment....just trying to catch up......slow down WS'ers!!!!
page 16 WS testimony starting around 12:15 pm or so...#239

But MS told MM that DM had committed the murder, and LE already had DM.

Why would then MS say to MM "don't tell em anything babe" at the time of his arrest. If MS was not involved in the murder, he had plenty of time to go to the LE.

But I still think she had more knowledge of what he did tell her that she chose not to share with LE because it would make her look bad.

Was DM's arrest and picture on the news Friday May 10th? And what news comes on at around 9pm? Because that's when MS first started to call AM.

MOO

I'm going to suggest that any number of mix ups might be happening regarding timing, but there was an arrest announcement May 10 at 12:09 pm. And the bit about the tattoo had already been on prior newscasts. So MS could easily have pieced together the info. All the calls line up with the spreadsheet report.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

Why would then MS say to MM "don't tell em anything babe" at the time of his arrest. If MS was not involved in the murder, he had plenty of time to go to the LE.

I'm just saying MM took MS's word at face value.

If I was 18 and my GF killed someone, she wouldn't be sleeping in my bed every night, thats for sure. Most GFs would kick a guy out for lying, cheating, or just being a dick. Smich was a dick and then he kills someone and she still doesn't throw him out?

But she was a homeless pot smoking high-school dropout. Likely very confused.Even AJ took time to figure out what to do and was so disturbed he threw up. She should point out her condition, how she was processing it, perhaps. IMO

So who are you going to believe, SC or AC?

ETA: I think if the question is, does MM now have an arrest on her criminal record and I think the answer is no.

Respectfully, you seem to be confusing an arrest with a charge and conviction. An arrest is simply the act of detaining a person. They may or may not be charged. If charged, they may or may not be convicted.
A criminal record results only following conviction (or guilty plea) but an arrest never results in a criminal record without a charge and conviction. There is no such thing as a criminal record for being arrested.

Without knowing all the details, MS still knew MM knew he was there.

What is confusing is she said she tried to convince him to go to LE. She even knew about TB and his truck around the time DM was arrested. But between the 10th-22nd, she must of known LE was looking for a 2nd suspect that fit MS's description. Why this didn't come up?

"Police have described the second suspect as white, in his early 20s, around 5-foot-9 with a small-to-medium build and dark hair. They say he was seen wearing a red-hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head."

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Arrest+made+case+Hamilton+missing+after+pickup+truck+test+drive/8372777/story.html

Respectfully, you seem to be confusing an arrest with a charge and conviction. An arrest is simply the act of detaining a person. They may or may not be charged. If charged, they may or may not be convicted.
A criminal record results only following conviction (or guilty plea) but an arrest never results in a criminal record without a charge or conviction. There is no such thing as a criminal record for being arrested.

I am thinking of an arrest being detention, photograph, fingerprints (may not move to a charge) e.g., AM.

An arrest appears on your criminal record as a police contact, but then again, so does being a witness.

Arrests on people's records have prevented them from travel, even though they have never been charged. There's a lot of discussion on that on pardons services sites.

Absolutely, arrests are part of your police record anyway - it would be silly if they were not.

http://www.johnhoward.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/On-the-Record-1-FINAL.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member