Bosma Murder Trial 04.21.16 - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree.....the question is how did MS know about DM's arrest only a couple of hours after it happened on Friday? He was calling AM to make arrangements to get the drugs at 9:20 pm and DM was only arrested around 7:30pm. Most MSM reported the arrest on Saturday. But this seems to have been answered that some outlets must have reported this Friday night. Considering AM's arrest was never made public (to my knowledge) this still seems fast.....hoping we hear more about this.....MOO

I wonder how soon after DM's arrest MB learned of her dear son's arrest? Was she one of the first people DM contacted right after his arrest? Perhaps it was MB who then made contact with others CN or SS and then it just spread like wildfire from there? They are all connected in one way or another. No doubt news of DM's arrest spread fast amongst those "friends" of DM. MOO.

I know everyone thinks in a perfect world everyone goes and talks to the police as soon as they know something. After talking to a family friend who was formerly a Crown and now Judge he said in most cases people do not talk in these serious crimes until the perps are behind bars. After the arrests witnesses have a feeling of safety to tell their story and most admit they should've came forward sooner. However, fear takes over. This is the case for young and old.

I agree. How many people have to essentially behave the same way in this case before we start to consider that this is simply human nature? Obviously there are many pressures and forces of inertia at play in real time that can't be fully appreciated from this distance.

I wonder how soon after DM's arrest MB learned of her dear son's arrest? Was she one of the first people DM contacted right after his arrest? Perhaps it was MB who then made contact with others CN or SS and then it just spread like wildfire from there? They are all connected in one way or another. No doubt news of DM's arrest spread fast amongst those "friends" of DM. MOO.

This makes sense to me.....but that would require MM to be mis-remembering how they found out about the arrest.....she testified she saw it on the news on Friday. Don't know why this is a sticking point for me.....MOO

This makes sense to me.....but that would require MM to be mis-remembering how they found out about the arrest.....she testified she saw it on the news on Friday. Don't know why this is a sticking point for me.....MOO

Was it actually May 11? What day was the call to get the drugs out of the house?

Sharlene had it right from the beginning.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]The devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway, and it smiled at me before taking Tim away from me.[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We now not only understand how that vilest form of evil could smile before taking Tim away, but also can believe 'it' wanted to celebrate afterwards.

My thoughts are with the Bosma family. Stay Strong!

MOO
[/FONT]

Was it actually May 11? What day was the call to get the drugs out of the house?

May 10th at night. AM arranged to meet the next day with MH to get rid of their DM possessions. They dropped of the toolbox and sack on the 11th.

not from any of the testimony and phone records presented as evidence. Calls between MS and AM started around 9:20 Friday May 10th about getting drugs out of Maplegate.

From the tweets today (Molly Hayes):

• Now going to May 10. That eve, she and Smich were both at her sister's place. She found out about Millard's arrest while watching the news.
  • When she saw the news story, she did know the name #Bosma. "I freaked out. Why is your friend on the news and why is he arrested for that."
  • Smich, she says, was like "I don't know I wasn't really around him. He did everything, he did everything."
  • She says Smich was also like "oh ****" and grabbed her phone and started calling people.
  • She says he told her "there were drugs in Dellen's house and he (Mark) wanted to get them out."

Was MS telling MM that he wasn't in or near the truck when DM shot TB? That's what I'm taking away from this. MS was driving the Yukon when TB was shot? MOO.

The most important things that MM had to say today came across as credible, IMO. Credibility is pretty important in this trial, where witnesses are not always to be believed.

I hate to lower the bar, but for someone who was so young at the time that this crime took place, I think that MM redeemed herself today. I hope her future shines better than her past.

Was MS telling MM that he wasn't in or near the truck when DM shot TB? That's what I'm taking away from this. MS was driving the Yukon when TB was shot? MOO.

That's the impression I get from her statements. That would mean that TB was alive when they pulled out of the vacant lot. Taping his hands behind the seat before that occurred would be my guess. DM did mention tape as one of the mission items.

It still bothers me about the shooting in the truck. Especially now that I believe material things were just, if not more important to DM than a human life. We know that DM was planning an all nighter, but we have also heard this mission took a lot longer than even the great mission planner anticipated.

MOO

Yup. It's understandable that Smich would downplay his involvement to Meneses since he wouldn't want her to get upset with him. And he wouldn't want her to think he was a murderer. Once the news came out, he blamed it all on Millard.

Nothing can change the fact that he was celebrating "mission complete" in the truck on the morning of May 7. Everything he said about Millard shooting Bosma, and basically just claiming that Millard did everything, is all an attempt to downplay his own involvement IMO. I would not take any of it as true. IMO he was there when TB was murdered and it was all part of the plan that he knew about. "Fireworks", in his words.

Unless CN also gets up and says Dell said Dell did it I plan to give 0% weight to MS's claim of who pulled the trigger. It is long past mattering anyway, but this is just such a horrific crime I can't help wondering about the details - about the when and the where and the how and the who. Maybe the best thing for Tim and family at this point though is to preserve his dignity and the privacy of those last ugly moments.

I wouldn't be inclined to believe him exactly.

I'd believe DM was the shooter, sure. We've heard over and over how DM was calm and cool when one might expect him to be emotional. MS, when you expect him to get emotional, gets really emotional. He freaks out. It may have taken all of his courage to follow his hero along on this mission, but he did it. He don't wanna be Juice no more, he wanna be Say-10. Anyway, I'm not convinced he had the steel to fire a gun at someone.

Some people might argue that there must be a more equal distribution of actions among the two for both to get first degree. But if DM did do everything (the shooting) and did take the spoils...he had MS's total buy-in, and he honestly needed the help and couldn't do the mission without him. IMO.

I wouldn't be inclined to believe him exactly.

I'd believe DM was the shooter, sure. We've heard over and over how DM was calm and cool when one might expect him to be emotional. MS, when you expect him to get emotional, gets really emotional. He freaks out. It may have taken all of his courage to follow his hero along on this mission, but he did it. He don't wanna be Juice no more, he wanna be Say-10. Anyway, I'm not convinced he had the steel to fire a gun at someone.

Some people might argue that there must be a more equal distribution of actions among the two for both to get first degree. But if DM did do everything (the shooting) and did take the spoils...he had MS's total buy-in, and he honestly needed the help and couldn't do the mission without him. IMO.

Very good point. While some of us are still struggling with MS's involvement after all the evidence presented so far, I believe both are guilty or premeditated murder, no matter if MS was trailing in the Yukon behind when the shot was fired. MOO

Huh? So she knew MS was involved with Tim's murder before MS's sister's wedding, and yet she still happily texted her sister that "we're next", meaning to get married? This seems off....

I took it that MS sent the text to MM.

Sharlene had it right from the beginning.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]The devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway, and it smiled at me before taking Tim away from me.[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We now not only understand how that vilest form of evil could smile before taking Tim away, but also can believe 'it' wanted to celebrate afterwards.

My thoughts are with the Bosma family. Stay Strong!

MOO
[/FONT]

And it's still smiling from the courtroom as witnesses and evidence continue to reveal how vile it actually is.

I'm about four days behind on the comment threads, but have been trying to follow a couple of the reporter's tweets. Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

In MM's testimony, she stated:

Susan ClairmontVerified account
‏@susanclairmont
No contact with him since his arrest, May 22, 2013. "The day he got arrested I just figured why bother still being with him."

I wonder if these charges are still pending or have been dropped:

A new charge has been laid against one of Tim Bosma's accused killers for allegedly breaching a court order not to have contact with his girlfriend.

Mark Smich was charged Monday by Det. Mark Carbone of the Toronto police homicide unit. Documents filed with the courthouse in Etobicoke say the alleged breach of recognizance happened between April 10 and July 31 of last year while Smich was in custody at the Toronto West Detention Centre.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5262706-co-accused-in-bosma-murder-case-faces-new-charge/

Maybe we'll find out during cross by the defense.

JMO

I think Marlena is still lying or not telling the whole story. She says she didn't ask more questions about the murder, yet discussed it every day, and says he wouldn't tell me where he burried the gun? That tells me that was asking questions.

Perhaps. And she does still consider AM her friend, so there's no telling if they matched their stories up. If I believe her, which I mostly do, I still have a question of whether what MS apparently said to her about who murdered TB was the truth or if MS lied to her to cover his behind. a) for legal protection b) so she wouldn't rag on him or break up or run to police IMO

From the tweets today (Molly Hayes):

• Now going to May 10. That eve, she and Smich were both at her sister's place. She found out about Millard's arrest while watching the news.
  • When she saw the news story, she did know the name #Bosma. "I freaked out. Why is your friend on the news and why is he arrested for that."
  • Smich, she says, was like "I don't know I wasn't really around him. He did everything, he did everything."
  • She says Smich was also like "oh ****" and grabbed her phone and started calling people.
  • She says he told her "there were drugs in Dellen's house and he (Mark) wanted to get them out."
it seems interesting/odd that she distances herself by calling DM your friend to MS at this point and at other times calling him Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes