Bosma Murder Trial 04.21.16 - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When exactly was it announced on the news that Millard was arrested? We've heard that he was arrested around 7:35pm on May 10. Meneses testified today that she saw it on the news later that evening. She said to Smich, "Why is your friend on the news and why is he getting arrested for that?" And then Smich grabbed her phone and started making calls. This must have been just after 9pm according to the call logs. I don't recall the arrest being announced so quickly.

Another peculiar thing is that Millard stopped by Speers Rd for about 50 minutes -- from about 6:30pm to 7:20pm -- shortly before he got arrested in Mississauga. We didn't hear anything from Meneses about this visit. Perhaps she wasn't home at that time, but Smich was?

Something is funky with the timing. This news is dated May 10 12:09 reporting "a suspect's" arrest http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797 unless the updated date has something to do with it.

From billandrew's timeline:
"May 10 7:19 pm After staying 50 min at Speers Rd property, Millard drives to Trafalgar Rd, then to Cawthra Rd, Mississauga. Day 17: Higgins testimony
May 10 7:35 pm Approx. time Millard's vehicle boxed in by police on Cawthra Rd, Mississauga. He is arrested at gunpoint. Day 8: Oxley testimony"

As for what Smich saw on the news, the tattoo and Bosma thing had already been on the news and when they said "an arrest" that might have been enough for MS to make the connection and get all riled. So maybe didn't actually see DM on the screen but when MM asked what he was screaming about he said, it's DM....I don't really know. IMO

We did hear that today. It was presented shortly after the testimony about picking up the toolbox. It wasn't clear from the tweets precisely when Smich said this, but I think it was sometime after he picked up the backpack and the toolbox.

A day or 2 after DMs arrest.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Fraser: A day or so after the arrest of Millard, she's told #Bosma is "gone gone." What do you do?
Meneses: "nothing. I regret it."

Noooooooo! No morning recess. No recessing, snacking, sipping, smoking or extra breathing allowed today.

I'm sure this is human nature with something that is "gripping" when you are following along. But let's remember that this is not a TV show going to commercial break. This is OUR real lives. While some of us are not family, we are Tim and the Bosma's community of friends, who pray with them daily and attend court as often as our own lives (and hearts) allow. We NEED these breaks. As the hours and days continue and things get harder, imagine if you yourself were sitting there, connected or not to a case like this (or any other for that matter) and you heard these horrid things and wanted to burst out crying, run to a private space to cry, scream, be held or even vomit and you were stuck. Stuck both sitting, because you are there to support your friends and our community and you are there for THEM and sitting, because physically, you feel so heart broken and weak, you don't even know if you could move.

So while this is "gripping", please remember that not only us, but the jury, the reporters and the bystanders (and the judge/lawyers/crown, witness) I'm sure, all need these breaks. I think that the judge is very smart in these break allowances and I imagine, if I was the jury, I would want time to let the testimonies sink in, without getting overwhelmed with any human emotion I might have and shouldn't show as well.

I sat in today and I don't have much to add but I don't think the reporters mentioned this - when MM testified about MS talking about DM doing the killing, DM was GLARING at MS for a few minutes. Additionally, when a surveillance photograph of MM and MS was shown, MS looked to have slummed a bit and put his head in hands.

DM made my friend and me super uncomfortable. Before the day began he was sitting and laughing with his lawyers. When we were dismissed for the afternoon recess, he stood up, turned to watch the spectators and smiles. I don't know how the friends and family do it everyday.

I am thinking of an arrest being detention, photograph, fingerprints (may not move to a charge) e.g., AM.

An arrest appears on your criminal record as a police contact, but then again, so does being a witness.

Arrests on people's records have prevented them from travel, even though they have never been charged. There's a lot of discussion on that on pardons services sites.

Absolutely, arrests are part of your police record anyway - it would be silly if they were not.

http://www.johnhoward.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/On-the-Record-1-FINAL.pdf

Absolutely that arrest would be on a police record somewhere, but she will not have a criminal record without a charge or conviction. The police contact on file isn't a big deal, since arrests of innocent people are quite common, it affords the police the ability to sort out who has broken the law, then lay charges where appropriate and release others. In the case of MM and MS, the police would not have known how MM might respond to MS arrest, so they arrested both. (MM testified she saw sky then pavement)

I still maintain, MM was quite forthcoming to police, but not until her arrest (and MS arrest). He being quite a bit older then her, her just a teenager.. I wondered if perhaps she was afraid of MS, and still think that could be part of why she didn't turn him in sooner. .
Thankfully she expressed remorse for that today, that will hopefully be helpful in her healing and dealing with the guilt of not calling police sooner.

Something is funky with the timing. This news is dated May 10 12:09 reporting "a suspect's" arrest http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797 unless the updated date has something to do with it.

From billandrew's timeline:
"May 10 7:19 pm After staying 50 min at Speers Rd property, Millard drives to Trafalgar Rd, then to Cawthra Rd, Mississauga. Day 17: Higgins testimony
May 10 7:35 pm Approx. time Millard's vehicle boxed in by police on Cawthra Rd, Mississauga. He is arrested at gunpoint. Day 8: Oxley testimony"

As for what Smich saw on the news, the tattoo and Bosma thing had already been on the news and when they said "an arrest" that might have been enough for MS to make the connection and get all riled. So maybe didn't actually see DM on the screen but when MM asked what he was screaming about he said, it's DM....I don't really know. IMO

Especially since MS assisted DM with loading the truck on the trailer the evening of the 9th. DM most likely made him aware that AJ called CS.
MOO

I'm going to suggest that any number of mix ups might be happening regarding timing, but there was an arrest announcement May 10 at 12:09 pm. And the bit about the tattoo had already been on prior newscasts. So MS could easily have pieced together the info. All the calls line up with the spreadsheet report.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

There was no arrest announcement until the press conference on May 11th. The article that you have posted was updated on the 11th at 11:59am with the arrest information. The name of the suspect was released at the 1pm press conference that the article refers to.

Therefore I do not believe that MM saw something on the news on the Friday evening that stated anyone had been arrested, and definitely not the name of the suspect.

So I personally think she is lying about this. She likely found out from CN calling MS but for whatever reason, did not want to tell LE that at the time of her statement.

MOO

ETA: If RP is sharp, he will likely point this out. Just to show deception in her statement.

I sat in today and I don't have much to add but I don't think the reporters mentioned this - when MM testified about MS talking about DM doing the killing, DM was GLARING at MS for a few minutes. Additionally, when a surveillance photograph of MM and MS was shown, MS looked to have slummed a bit and put his head in hands.

DM made my friend and me super uncomfortable. Before the day began he was sitting and laughing with his lawyers. When we were dismissed for the afternoon recess, he stood up, turned to watch the spectators and smiles. I don't know how the friends and family do it everyday.

I certainly hope he is not bothering the family.

I wouldn't be inclined to believe him exactly.

I'd believe DM was the shooter, sure. We've heard over and over how DM was calm and cool when one might expect him to be emotional. MS, when you expect him to get emotional, gets really emotional. He freaks out. It may have taken all of his courage to follow his hero along on this mission, but he did it. He don't wanna be Juice no more, he wanna be Say-10. Anyway, I'm not convinced he had the steel to fire a gun at someone.

Some people might argue that there must be a more equal distribution of actions among the two for both to get first degree. But if DM did do everything (the shooting) and did take the spoils...he had MS's total buy-in, and he honestly needed the help and couldn't do the mission without him. IMO.

No I'm not taking MM's testimony as the gospel but DM seemed to like to take and have the control and I'm not so sure he would have trusted MS with the gun. I think DM realized MS wasn't the brightest crayon in the box and wouldn't have put the gun in his hands. DM liked to be the one in the thick of things, do the actual hands on stuff. When they stole the Bobcat, it's apparent DM was the ring leader and then supplied the equipment to carry his prize off in. His buddies, the ones I figured he would have wanted right there helping with the physical work, DM commissioned them only as look outs.

Being as MS hasn't been charged with WM's murder, LE figure DM must have acted alone. So DM felt nothing about putting a gun barrel to his father's head and pulling the trigger, that to me suggests DM wanted "that feeling/thrill" again of shooting someone. And the fact there was no blood found in the Yukon is an indication MS was not sitting in the back when TB was shot. If MS had been, he would have been covered in blood/matter and would have transferred some of that evidence into the Yukon. IMO DM could have left MS behind sitting and waiting in the Yukon while he went to the Bosma's, but he didn't. DM wanted someone else identified to point the finger at if they ended up getting caught.
Maybe LB's trial will give us a clearer picture of who was trigger happy, wanting the thrill (if she was shot). That IMO would be a good indication of who likely shot TB, IF we don't get the truth/evidence from this trial. MOO.

There was no arrest announcement until the press conference on May 11th. The article that you have posted was update on the 11th at 11:59am with the arrest information. The name of the suspect was released at the 1pm press conference that the article refers to.

Therefore I do not believe that MM saw something on the news on the Friday evening that stated anyone had been arrested, and definitely not the name of the suspect.

So I personally think she is lying about this. She likely found out from CN calling MS but for whatever reason, did not want to tell LE that at the time of her statement.

MOO

I see this in MSM articles all the time when following a case. NEW information is added at the beginning of the article, the title changes and the previous info drops down a paragraph or two. In this particular case with this article, I'm guessing the original article had a different title and started with what is now the 3rd paragraph. DM wasn't even arrested until evening, so there's no way CTV Kitchener was announcing it at noon.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 46m46 minutes ago
Today was first day press photographed Mark Smich's mother and sister arriving at the #TimBosma trial. No photos of his GF Marlena Meneses

I'm going to suggest that any number of mix ups might be happening regarding timing, but there was an arrest announcement May 10 at 12:09 pm. And the bit about the tattoo had already been on prior newscasts. So MS could easily have pieced together the info. All the calls line up with the spreadsheet report.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

There was no arrest announcement on Friday May 10th at 12:09 pm because he wasn't even arrested until late afternoon or early evening on Friday. The above article was updated Saturday May 11 at 11:59 am. so I believe the media got a one hour heads up on the arrest prior to the conference scheduled 1:00 p.m. Saturday when his arrest was announced to the public.

They didn't arrest him until evening, so why does this news report say there was an arrest earlier unless they arrested the wrong person first?http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

Online media articles get updated constantly with new information. Eventually, the end story sometimes doesn't even closely resemble the original one. So you can't rely on the original posted time and date for accuracy regarding the content. I really wish they wouldn't do this as it makes sleuthing very difficult but it must be a cost effective method of putting out online news.

MOO

Absolutely that arrest would be on a police record somewhere, but she will not have a criminal record without a charge or conviction. The police contact on file isn't a big deal, since arrests of innocent people are quite common, it affords the police the ability to sort out who has broken the law, then lay charges where appropriate and release others. In the case of MM and MS, the police would not have known how MM might respond to MS arrest, so they arrested both. (MM testified she saw sky then pavement)

I still maintain, MM was quite forthcoming to police, but not until her arrest (and MS arrest). He being quite a bit older then her, her just a teenager.. I wondered if perhaps she was afraid of MS, and still think that could be part of why she didn't turn him in sooner. .
Thankfully she expressed remorse for that today, that will hopefully be helpful in her healing and dealing with the guilt of not calling police sooner.

I don't think MM was arrested. I believe SC's recent, direct, clear post over a passing word AC's article.

Sharlene had it right from the beginning.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]The devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway, and it smiled at me before taking Tim away from me.[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We now not only understand how that vilest form of evil could smile before taking Tim away, but also can believe 'it' wanted to celebrate afterwards.

My thoughts are with the Bosma family. Stay Strong!

MOO
[/FONT]

I hope the Bosma family feel a sense of closure once the Devil Dellen the Melon is led away from society!!!!

No I'm not taking MM's testimony as the gospel but DM seemed to like to take and have the control and I'm not so sure he would have trusted MS with the gun. I think DM realized MS wasn't the brightest crayon in the box and wouldn't have put the gun in his hands. DM liked to be the one in the thick of things, do the actual hands on stuff. When they stole the Bobcat, it's apparent DM was the ring leader and then supplied the equipment to carry his prize off in. His buddies, the ones I figured he would have wanted right there helping with the physical work, DM commissioned them only as look outs.

Being as MS hasn't been charged with WM's murder, LE figure DM must have acted alone. So DM felt nothing about putting a gun barrel to his father's head and pulling the trigger, that to me suggests DM wanted "that feeling/thrill" again of shooting someone. And the fact there was no blood found in the Yukon is an indication MS was not sitting in the back when TB was shot. If MS had been, he would have been covered in blood/matter and would have transferred some of that evidence into the Yukon. IMO DM could have left MS behind sitting and waiting in the Yukon while he went to the Bosma's, but he didn't. DM wanted someone else identified to point the finger at if they ended up getting caught.
Maybe LB's trial will give us a clearer picture of who was trigger happy, wanting the thrill (if she was shot). That IMO would be a good indication of who likely shot TB, IF we don't get the truth/evidence from this trial. MOO.

BBM

Very good point that we keep overlooking. Where is the evidence in the Yukon? We now know that MS was driving it very early on as per MM and did not appear to transfer any blood into it. So...where did they change? At the farm? After the body of TB was put in the incinerator?

Makes sense, just in case they were pulled over. I'm sure both were covered in blood by the time they completed this task. Probably threw their clothes in there too for the ride back to the hangar.

MOO

I don't think MM was arrested. I believe SC's recent, direct, clear post over a passing word AC's article.

I agree. Handcuffs don't necessarily equate to arrest. They can be utilized as a brief detention tool until LE knows exactly how their taking down of a suspected murderer is going to pan out. I think she was probably briefly detained as a safety precaution and then free to leave without arrest once they established (or already knew?) her involvement or lack of involvement.

IMO these two reporters are both fantastic. I am in awe of the work they have done on this case. But when you tweet live it is inevitable there will be the occasional mistake. Meneses was arrested. Here are my notes:
Officer: they were both under arrest...

Crown: when you arrrest two people you keep them separate?

Officer: they were controlled and there was no need to keep them ...

I can't find that tweet from SC. Was it from today? Perhaps she has retracted it? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member