Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
Marlena was getting drivers' licenses wanted to have Millard's Cadillac. That never happened....at barn had to move hay.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17m17 minutes ago
Millard's next idea was to turn his farm into community. Houses for friends/family Bought an excavator. Nothing more happened.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
Dungey asks what their relationship was like at this time. Smich says "as time went on our bond was stronger...he was like a brother to me."

"I treated him like family...like a bigger brother," Smich says. #Bosma

"Our bond was stronger. He was like a brother to me. He was like family. I treated him like family like a bigger brother."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 17m17 minutes ago
"He was like a brother to me, like family, like a bigger brother." #MarkSmich about #DellenMillard #Bosma @CTVNews

Work is interfering with my WS/Bosma trial fix! I'm so behind. At work. And follow the live feeds. I knew I should have stayed home today

Certainly not a good day for Team Millard- they've probably taken DM to a quiet place right now and having a little chit chat with him. MOO

IMO DM thought he was invincible - I bet he had trouble sleeping last night wondering if MS would take the stand/what he would say.

Meh. Dont kid yourself, Dungey has always had only his clients interests at heart. The fact that discrediting prosecution witnesses gave the appearance of defending the Bosmas was just an added bonus.

.......... I'm not sure you understood my post. That's exactly my stance.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 18m18 minutes ago
"He was like a brother to me, he was like family," Smich says he invited Millard for Christmas dinner after his dad died. Noudga too.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17m17 minutes ago
"He was like a brother to me" Smich said of Millard. "I treated him like family" he even invited him over to Christmas dinner. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'As time went on, our bond was stronger. He was like a brother to me. Family' Smich says of Millard #Bosma #HamOnt

After Millard's dad passed, Smich invited Millard and Noudga over for Christmas dinner with his family. #Bosma

After Millard's father died, Smich invited him to his own family home for Christmas dinner.

"As time went on, we had this strong bond, I felt." Millard would have parties at Maple Gate. Big parties and get togethers

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13m13 minutes ago
Also did jobs under the table. Reno companies-painting. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
After high school he did more "under the table" jobs for cash. Worked for a painting company, motorcycle company. #Bosma In Oakville.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
He did renos for the motorcycle shop.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
He did painting for a company called JC painters. Did construction/Reno work for a motorcycle company. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13m13 minutes ago
After highschool Smich says he worked under the table doing painting, construction and renovatio. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12m12 minutes ago
That was last job "before I started working for Dell."

UH OH...there it is...the dangers of taking the stand. He's just pissed of the CRA! If he thought he was in trouble up until now...just wait!

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 17m17 minutes ago
"He was like a brother to me. I treated him like family. I invited him to xmas dinner after his dad passed." Smich @AM900CHML

Parties at Maplegate? There were big ones and small get togethes. Smich went to smaller ones. One time there was band playing in basement.

And Smich would get invited to parties at Maplegate. He says Millard had big parties and get togethers. He went to the smaller ones. #Bosma

Smich would go to the smaller parties. Once at one where a band played in the basement. Mostly the "get-togethers, I call them."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 18m18 minutes ago
Millard had big parties and small parties, but Smich usually only went to the small ones. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18m18 minutes ago
Dungey says we saw in texts that Millard was trying to help him with his drinking. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 18m18 minutes ago
Smich says they often brought tools and a change of clothes for these thefts. #Bosma

Do we really believe this? Or are these small details (lies) that will be thrown in to cover for some of the obvious damning evidence of premeditation? It's not like DM can refute this.

MOO

CB was the only one that said tools. Everyone else said, gloves, paint and clothes. Only thing new on the list for TB'S "mission" is the duct tape. I'm sure we'll hear about that later.

I don't think he's lying about that at all. Like I said, he has nothing to lose at this point. He'd midas well tell all. Both their gooses are cooked already.

I think Dungey has been a terrific lawyer and has shown sympathy for the Bosma's throughout the trial. I'm not surprised that Dungey took this route for MS. IMO, MS told he truth from the go when he lawyer'd up. Maybe why DM said "Mark got himself charged by trying to pin it on me" in his jailhouse letter.

Meh. Dont kid yourself, Dungey has always had only his clients interests at heart. The fact that discrediting prosecution witnesses gave the appearance of defending the Bosmas was just an added bonus.

I wouldn't quite go that far. For TD to have zero concern about the Bosma family, it'd place him in the same category as the one who shot and incinerated him. Obviously his primary concern is his own client, but I suppose his defense of doing the right thing for the Bosma family was legitimate.

moo.

Millard would give Smich advice about drinking and smoking cigarettes. Both were into smoking weed. #TimBosma

Dell trying to advise him against drinking and smoking cigarettes. "We were both pretty into smoking weed."

Millard was also giving him@advice on his drinking and tobacco smoking habits. #TimBosma

They both were "pretty into" smoking weed so this was more re: cigarettes and booze. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 18m18 minutes ago
Smich said he was selective w who he let in his life. Says DM was helping him stop smoking/drinking. @AM900CHML

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 18m18 minutes ago
#Smich says #Millard gave him advice about cutting back on drinking... not on weed, they both liked that. #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich says Millard was also giving him advice about his shoulder injury, to see a doctor etc. #Bosma

Millard was also advising him on his shoulder problem. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18m18 minutes ago
Shoulder problem? "That's absolutely correct. Advice to go see a doctor and try to stretch it out and get it better."

#Smich had a shoulder problem. Would get advice from Millard, to see a doctor. "It was an ongoing problem for many many years," Smich says

Smich says the shoulder problem was ongoing for many many years and never got fixed. #Bosma

"It dislocates from time to time...it's painful," he says. #Bosma

Smich says it was ongoing for many years and never got fixed. "It dislocates from time to time" he says. #TimBosma

"It was an ongoing problem for many, many years and it never got fixed. What happens is it dislocates from time to time."

"It dislocates from time to time. It's painful," Smich says.

He says a couple years before May 2013 he went to a dr, but it had popped back into place so nothing they could do. #Bosma

Smich says he had a left shoulder injury. DM was giving advice. Ongoing issue. Never got fixed. "It dislocates. It"s painful."@AM900CHML

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 18m18 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich talking about an ongoing shoulder issue. It dislocates from time to time, started a couple of years 'before the event' #Bosma #HamOnt

UH OH...there it is...the dangers of taking the stand. He's just pissed of the CRA! If he thought he was in trouble up until now...just wait!

Meh, he's got bigger problems then a few "under the table" payouts. I'm sure it wasn't enough for the CRA to even do paperwork over.

Keeps referring to #Bosma murder as "the events that happened."...saw doctor about his shoulder "before the events that happened."

Closer to the alleged events Smich was thinking of getting surgery on his shoulder because it hurt. #TimBosma

"Closer to the events," Smich says he went to see a doctor about surgery. He got an xray but then was arrested. #TimBosma

closer to "events" smich was looking into surgery. Instead he was arrested. @AM900CHML

Court takes a break. #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 18m18 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
We're taking a brief morning recess. Back shortly. #Bosma #HamOnt

Was supposed to go for an MRI but then was arrested. #Bosma Jury taking morning recess now.

He never got the medical care he needed because he was arrested. #TimBosma

Smich says "closer to the events," he did go to a dr to get a referral. Got X-rays. Was to go for an MRI but then was arrested. #Bosma

Morning recess.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19m19 minutes ago
We're going to take the morning recess. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 18m18 minutes ago
Morning break. #MarkSmich stands as Jury leaves the court #Bosma @CTVNews

Not making any judgement until the testimony is complete. But I do like how it is progressing. Anything WSers are questioning will most likely be challenged during cross. MS's story will be tested thoroughly while on the stand!

MOO

He hasn't really said much yet regarding this crime, so he's seeming honest. His listing his job experience is irrelevant IMO. The volunteer work is mandatory in high schools around here. And so he's got his grade 12 and plans to go to college, good for him but it will be interesting to see if he follows through with that. All this stuff is just like Smich's sharp new haircut, its lipstick on a pig, meant to show the jury how this guy has turned it around. Nearly every defendant thats gone in front of a jury has done the exact same thing. I want to start a pool as to what time MS will drop his first "whopper" on us. I'll take 12:15.

Currently 265 users browsing this thread. Not at all surprised. It's kind of a huge day in this case.

Dungey's defence strategy so far?

Victim of divorce
No father figure
Tight family ties
Moved back just to care for Mum
Little lost boy when he met DM
DM groomed him for 'missions'
DM used him ...

Who I now believe is the girl in the photo with the toolbox in Millard's house, that was in evidence. Not 100% sure, but strong resemblance.

I think it's been established already, that the girl in that photo was actually MS's friend.. the one that was crying in the news when he was first arrested...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member