Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smich says Meneses wasn't working, and she didn't want to go back to school because of a situation with her ex boyfriend. "I told her to go back to school," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

"She didn't want to go back."
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

Smich says Meneses would help out at the hangar and Millard would give her some cash or buy her food.
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Smich says she moved in to his place very fast. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich went to her place, grabbed bags of her stuff, walked her to his house. She was going to stay with him a few days, he told his mom.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says his mother was not impressed. Told her that Meneses would only be staying a few days. Says he just wanted to help Meneses

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
She was only supposed to stay temporarily at first, but it ended up being longer than that. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
In reality she stayed with him there long-term (or when they crashed other places). #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
They ended up living together from then on, at his mother's house and crashing at other places, like Millard homes. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Also stayed at his sister's place in Toronto. "Crashed there." Smich and his mom paid for everything at first.

Dungey asks who was paying for them. Smich says it was mostly him. His mom didn't have an income at the time. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
We're back. Smich talks about gf Marlena Meneses. This photo was taken shortly after Tim Bosma disappeared. #Bosma

At the start Smich paid her bills because she had no income. #TimBosma

Re: school, she didn't want to go back because her ex boyfriend was there. "That's what she told me anyway," he said. #Bosma

In the beginning Smich paid for things, Meneses had not income. She didn't want to go back to school because of ex."That's what she told me"

Snooper, you're caught up! Well done! Thanks for all the tweets from both you and meterclicks.

He told her to go back because he didn't have his own diploma. "I understood you know it's something she should do." #Bosma

He told her to go back because he didn't have his own diploma. "I understood you know it's something she should do." #Bosma

He encouraged her to go back to school. "She didn't want to go back." #bosma

Smich says he encouraged Meneses to finish school, even though he hadn't

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
But she didn't go back. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
She didn't go back though. #TimBosma

Smich says "unfortunately" the fact that they were together all the time created some problems.
by Adam Carter 11:50 AM

Smich says Meneses wasn't too fond of Millard. "In front of his face she would be his friend, because he was my friend. She didn't really like him when he wasn't around."
by Adam Carter 11:51 AM

Smich says Meneses said Millard "gave her the creeps."
by Adam Carter 11:52 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Her stepdad had been paying her cell phone bill in exchange for chores. So Smich let her use his. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
"Her step-father was paying her cell phone bill." Smich had more than one cell phone and let her use them. She did work at hangar.

He says then when he started doing work for Dell, she would tag along and work too and make some $ for her phone or herself. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Meneses needed money for her cell phone. She would help Millard with Smich to "get a little money for herself," Smich says

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich would also get Meneses work with Millard too. #TimBosma

She got a "real" job roughly 3 months before "this incident," he agrees with Dungey. #Bosma

He would buy her food or give her 20 bucks for her cell phone. #TimBosma

Smich agrees that "unfortunately" being together constantly caused some problems. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
"Unfortunately," Smich says, bowing his head, it caused problems that he and Meneses were joined at the hip. Meneses didn't like Millard

Dungey asks about the relationship between Meneses and Millard. Smich says she didn't like him much but didn't say much to him. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Menese got a "real job" three months before the "incident," says Dungey. Marlena and Dell?

Smich says Meneses didn't really like Millard, but since Millard and Smich were friends she didn't say anything. #TimBosma

Smich says he has a criminal record.
by Adam Carter 11:52 AM

The first one is from Sept. 26 2003 in Brampton with the Youth Justice Court. He was around 16. The charge was for break, enter and theft. He got probation.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

The next is from 2004. It's theft and failing to comply with a recognizance.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says he and MM were joined at hip. caused issues. She didn't like DM. Didn't want smich around him either. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
"She didn't really like him, but, you know, since he was my friend she couldn't really say too much around him."

"In front of his face she'd be his friend because he was my friend. He didn't really like him when he wasn't around " he says. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 3m3 minutes ago
"Meneses didn't like #Millard but since he was my friend..." Smich on stand. #Bosma @CTVNews

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'She didn't really like him' Smich says Meneses didn't want him to hang around with Millard. #Bosma #HamOnt

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"In front of his face she would be his friend because he was my friend." She would tell Smich otherwise when they were alone. Caused probs

She only ever said she didn't like Millard to Smich in private and it would cause some problems, Smich said. #TimBosma

"It caused problems with me and Marlena," says Smich. #Bosma

Dungey asks if it caused problems btwn him and Dell.

No, it caused problems btwn him and Marlena, he says. #Bosma

He says she didn't want him hanging around Millard because she thought he was "no good." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Didn't cause issues w DM. But "it created problems for me and Marlena" he gave her the creeps. Millard grimaces. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
"She wasn't too fond of him, gave her the creeps, she didn't want me hanging around him." Smich now looking at his criminal record

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'He gave her the creeps' Smich says of Millard #Bosma #HamOnt

Millard gave her the creeps and she thought he was no good, Smich said. #TimBosma

Smich has a criminal record, the jury hears. #Bosma

"She wasn't too fond of him. She didn't really like him. He gave her the creeps. She didn't like me hanging around with him."

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Dungee going through smich crim record. @AM900CHML

Smich's criminal record is now being looked at by the court. #TimBosma

We all said TD was good and now we see just how good.
You can bet they have been working on this word for word for a month.
I like the "show them a poor memory stuff. He'll need that later.

The next is from 2007 in Milton for possession for a scheduled substance. He was fined $1,500. "It was cocaine, but originally they thought it was crack because it was in a solid form."
by Adam Carter 11:55 AM

The last one is from April 15, 2009 for impaired driving. There was a $1,000 fine and a 12-month driving prohibition.
by Adam Carter 11:56 AM

There's also an outstanding charge of failing to comply and mischief for graffiti.
by Adam Carter 11:57 AM

Smich says Millard knew about his adult record.
by Adam Carter 11:57 AM

MS is certainly laying it all on the line here- doesn't seem that he's suffering from the same type of amnesia-itis that's been making its rounds. MOO

Now going through Smich's criminal record. @@HamiltonPolice got it in May 2013 from @rcmpgrcpolice. #Bosma

Starts Sept. 26, 2003 in Brampton. Peel region. He was 16. Theft. 2004, theft, breach of recog, age 17. #Bosma

Smich is going through convictions in youth justice court

Dungey goes through the record. First listing is Sept 26 2003. Age 16. Break enter and theft.

Smich has been convicted for break and enter theft in 2003. #TimBosma

2007, Jan. 17, Milton, possession of scheduled substance (cocaine), fine $1,500.

Then breach of recognizance and possession of a scheduled substance, which Smich says was cocaine. #TimBosma

Next another theft at 17. Then a possession of cocaine charge. #Bosma

Dungey asked what the possession charge was for. Cocaine. Police initially thought crack because it was in solid form. Fined $500. was 19yrs

"They thought it was crack at first," Smich says but the court confirmed it was cocaine. #TimBosma

Impaired driving, another charge. $1000 fine plus driving prohibition.

Fail to comply. Fined $500. Was 19 or 20. 2009, April 15 impaired driving. $1,000 fine, 12 month driving prohibition.

BBM

I think it'll be tomorrow. I'm sure there will be some legal arguments thrown into the mix. Dungey will want the Jury to have lots to think about over the weekend.

Of course Dungey will ask what MS has been up to, before and after. This, in his mind, that will help the Jury's decision on sentencing. He's bettering himself after a life of dismay. What's DM done? Besides write jailhouse letters, doodle, read and workout. DM could have taken the stand and told what happened...he Did not! Tells me that DM has a lot more to hid.
MOO

I don't think the jury decides/recommends on sentencing? They can convict of a lesser charge for which sentencing could be presumed to be less, but I don't think they have any direct say. Maybe somebody else can confirm.

Smich says it was Millard's idea to steal a truck. "He wanted one that was similar to the one he already had, expect diesel fuel."
by Adam Carter 11:58 AM

"It was a plan for quite some time ... well over a year."
by Adam Carter 11:58 AM

Smich says there were plans, and they would go "scope things out."
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors