Dungey's defence strategy so far?

Victim of divorce
No father figure
Tight family ties
Moved back just to care for Mum
Little lost boy when he met DM
DM groomed him for 'missions'
DM used him ...

And it will all be a minor note once he starts discussing the sequence of events on the 6th and 7th.

MOO

Court is now resuming. Jury being recalled.
by Adam Carter 11:41 AM

I know that they are separate trials and this info will not be relevant in the LB murder trial but I wonder how this strategy will affect his approach to the next trial. I wonder if TD will provide counsel or if he will engage another lawyer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still blown away and full of anxiety since they first mentioned MS going on the stand 90 mins ago. I pray for the Bosma family right now. If this is making me feel ill, I cannot imagine how they're feeling.

My curiosity is aroused why they bring up MS dislocated shoulder .... are they leading up to a "reason" for maybe an "accidental discharge" of a weapon ... hmmmmm

I think it's been established already, that the girl in that photo was actually MS's friend.. the one that was crying in the news when he was first arrested...

I thought it had been said that ISN'T who that girl is? I know there are some here who know exactly who that girl is, but I'm not one of them.

I know that they are separate trials and this info will not be relevant in the LB murder trial but I wonder how this strategy will affect his approach to the next trial. I wonder if TD will provide counsel or if he will engage another lawyer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see what evidence they've got against MS.. So far, IMO they've just got him in posession of SL's Ipad that he lent to LB.. IMO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
There has been some discussion among reporters about how to describe Mark Smich's button-down shirt. Reddish. Gingham? Plaid/check mix? TBD

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Jury is back. Mark smich back on stand. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Dungey asks Smich about his gf. Smich says he met Marlena Meneses while hanging out with a mutual friend. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 58s58 seconds ago
Back to being joined at hip with Marlena Meneses. He knew a friend of hers, they were hanging at Tim Hortons. "I met her there."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Jury back. Smich now talking about how he met Marlena Meneses. #TimBosma

He was at Tim Hortons where her friends hung out. Met her there. "Just kind of seen her and just like wow you know?" He says. #Bosma

They're going to say he couldn't lift his arm, IMO. But here's the kicker, I call baloney on that. I dislocated my left shoulder 15 years ago and recently it's been in bad shape, keeps popping out, etc. Docs talking about doing an mri, etc Yet I could still lift clients up (I work in nursing) and I'm a female!

Be interesting to see what evidence they've got against MS.. So far, IMO they've just got him in posession of SL's Ipad that he lent to LB.. IMO

Wait. What? Has it been established the iPad in MS's possession is in fact the same iPad SL loaned to LB?

He says they were seeing each other (dealing, they call it) for the first while. He says her friend was pushing for them to make it official

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"I seen her, and it was just like, wow, you know?" They were "not-really" dating for months. Eventually made it official. #TimBosma

She was in high school and living at home. Smich says she was having problems at school, and at home with stepdad. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Met Meneses at Tim Hortons. "I said wow, you know." She was in high school, having problems at school and home with step-dad.

Meneses was having problems at school with an ex, at home with her step dad. She would lie about going to school & go home late

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 51s52 seconds ago
On relationship w Marlena. Met at Tim Hortons. That she was having issues at home. W an ex. She was lying about school. He helped.

Dungey now asking about Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses. "I was hanging out with a friend of hers ... I was at Tim Hortons ... I met her there. I just kind of seen here and it was like 'wow,' you know?"
by Adam Carter 11:44 AM

Smich says Meneses was having problems at home and at school. "She would lie and say she went to school and sometimes she would get home late," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM

One time her stepfather ripped the phone out of the wall when she was talking to Smich, he says. She called back and said she wanted to move in with him. "I told her I didn't know that was a good idea, but she told me her things were packed and she was going to be outside."
by Adam Carter 11:46 AM

Smich says his mother wasn't thrilled with Meneses moving in.
by Adam Carter 11:46 AM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Meneses was having problems at school with an ex boyfriend and at home with her step dad. #TimBosma

She was lying about going to school and getting home late. Says one time she came home late and her stepdad got mad. #Bosma

"There was one time she came home late, she called me, he ripped the phone out of the wall," Smich says Marlena wanted to leave

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"There was one time she got home a few minutes late." She was on phone with Smich and step-dad ripped phone out of wall.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
She was on the phone with Smich and he ripped the phone out of the wall. she called him back and said she was leaving. #Bosma

She moved out after a fight with her step dad ended with him ripping a phone out of the wall. #TimBosma

He hasn't really said much yet regarding this crime, so he's seeming honest. His listing his job experience is irrelevant IMO. The volunteer work is mandatory in high schools around here. And so he's got his grade 12 and plans to go to college, good for him but it will be interesting to see if he follows through with that. All this stuff is just like Smich's sharp new haircut, its lipstick on a pig, meant to show the jury how this guy has turned it around. Nearly every defendant thats gone in front of a jury has done the exact same thing. I want to start a pool as to what time MS will drop his first "whopper" on us. I'll take 12:15.

BBM

I think it'll be tomorrow. I'm sure there will be some legal arguments thrown into the mix. Dungey will want the Jury to have lots to think about over the weekend.

Of course Dungey will ask what MS has been up to, before and after. This, in his mind, that will help the Jury's decision on sentencing. He's bettering himself after a life of dismay. What's DM done? Besides write jailhouse letters, doodle, read and workout. DM could have taken the stand and told what happened...he Did not! Tells me that DM has a lot more to hid.
MOO

ETA: looks like I lost by 24hrs! 11:58, the truck theft plan mentioned

He said don't do that, but she said she was packed up and waiting outside. So he walked over to meet her. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
#MarkSmich back on stand. Talking about his ex-GF Meneses and how she moved in with him. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he didn't think it was a good idea but he walked to her house to meet Meneses, grabbed a bunch of bags of her stuff, walked back

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He recalls his mom was "not too thrilled." He told her she was just going to be there a few days while she found a place. #Bosma

Smich says his mom wasn't thrilled by her sudden appearance in her house with "all these bags" #TimBosma

He says he didn't know what to do but wanted to help her. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members