DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
#Smich walking to stand now

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 4m4 minutes ago
#MarkSmich will testify. His leg shackles will be removed to do so. He want to show exactly what really happened." #Bosma @CTVNews

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Dungey calls Mark Smich as his first witness. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Smich gets up from his table, walks directly in front of jury top witness stand. Says his name quietly. Swears on bible. #Bosma

Jurors follow his progress. His voice is low, soft as he spells his name

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Smich swearing on bible. Takes stand. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Smich spells his name for the record. He swears on the bible to tell the truth. #Bosma

#MarkSmich being sworn in to tell the whole truth. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
In a criminal trial the presumption of innocence stays with an accused through the trial, crown has to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich wears a red plaid shirt, a new hair cut, and spells his name for the court. It's the first time we've heard him speak. #Bosma

Smich has a fresh hair cut. #TimBosma

Wearing khaki pants, red checked shirt. Sitting in witness box. Born Aug. 13, 1987, Mississauga. 28 now. 24 at time of #Bosma murder.

I'm going to juxtapose what Smich says with what Millard's old lawyer said back in 2013
Millard’s lawyer Deepak Paradkar insisted there was more to the story, that his client was innocent and the truth would become clear once his co-accused was under arrest.

I hope Smich is honest for the sake of the Bosma family.

"We are all very close ... my family means the world to me," Smich says. "We've always been close."
by Adam Carter 10:18 AM

Smich says before his arrest he had a grade 10 education. Since he was jailed, he's completed his GED.
by Adam Carter 10:18 AM

Smich now talking about getting his education in jail.
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich is 28 years old. He was 24 at 'the time of the event.' #Bosma #HamOnt

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Smich is 28 now and and was 24 during the alleged event. #TimBosma

Smich is 28 years old. He thinks he was 24 at "time of event" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Dungey asks Smich how old he is. He is 28. He was he believes 24 at the time of the offence. #Bosma

"My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer recently," Smich says

Dungey asks him about his mother. He says she was diagnosed with breast cancer a year or two prior to the events. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
"My mother was, uh, diagnosed with breast cancer...it might have been a year or two prior. I was taking care of her."

"I was taking care of her, you could put it that way." CSO moves mike closer

Smich says he was taking care of her because his sisters were busy with their own lives. #Bosma

Smich tells the court his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and was taking care of her 'before the event.' #Bosma #HamOnt

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
"My mother was diagnosed w breas tcancer. I was taking care of her." @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 5m5 minutes ago
Getting BG on #MarkSmich - his mother diagnosed with breast cancer before May 6, 2013, he was taking care of her. #Bosma @CTVNews

I figured he would and that DM wouldn't. Now hopefully we hear the whole truth and not a bunch of BS spew from hs mouth!

Even with the article rumors yesterday, I thought this was all wishful thinking on the part of people who wanted to hear what really happened, or at least some version of it.

I still expect him to be less than truthful, but not in a Nougda way. In an MM way.

Smich is talking about his mother's recent breast cancer diagnosis and he was talking care of her because is sisters were busy. #Bosma

Smich's mother is 68. His dad wasn't really in his life, he says. He was 2 when they divorced. #Bosma

"My sisters were busy at that time with their own lives." His mother is 68. Father? "He wasn't really in my life." Divorced when he was 2.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Father was not in his life. @AM900CHML

His father wasn't in his life, they were divorced when he was a little kid. #Bomsa #HamOnt

Smich's mom is 68 years old. His father "wasn't really in my life. My parents got divorced when I was two years old." He has 2 older sisters

He's been in jail for three years. He was in the Metro East Detention Centre.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

Dungey is reading out Smich's confirmation of passing his high school equivalency.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

In it, Smich is called "dedicated" and that he plans to carry on his studies at the post-secondary level.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6m6 minutes ago
His parents were divorced when he was 3 and his father was never really in his life. #TimBosma

...and a half sister. Mother worked for Honeywell until she retired because of breast cancer, and age.

HE has 2 older sisters and a half sister from his father. Mother worked for HOneywell, working on airplane parts. #Bosma

He says he's seen his dad once in a while but that's it. His mother never remarried. She worked on airplane parts before retiring. #Bosma

His mother worked in aerospace and retired once she got her cancer diagnosis. #TimBosma

He has 2 sisters, and a half-sister (on dads side). #Bosma

He says his family is very close. "My family means the world to me," he says. #Bosma

"She moved up in the company, she did different things over time," Smich says of his mother. "We are all very close. "

'My family means the world' Smich tells the jury, his voice breaking. #Bosma #HamOnt

Family? "We are all very close. My family means the world to me. We've always been close...Very tight knit." #bosma

Smich says his mom and two sisters and he were all very close. Though they had their ups and downs. #TimBosma

He says every family has ups and downs but at the end of the day "we are very tight knit." #Bosma

Smich says he plans to continue with Seneca College courses.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

Smich says his health is "a lot better than it was three years ago. "I wasn't taking very good care of myself before I was arrested ... smoking, drinking, all that stuff. That has absolutely changed."
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

Smich says he used to drink beer daily.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

I still expect him to be less than truthful, but not in a Nougda way. In an MM way.

I think we're all thinking that. I'd love for us all to be wrong and him tell the entire truth about the events that night, no matter how awful it makes him look.

Dungey asks about his education. #Bosma

"We have ups and downs but we are very tight knit, if you want to use that word."

Smich got his high school diploma while in jail

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Smich tells about tight family. His grade 10 education. Got his diploma in jail. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Smich only had grade 10 before his arrest. He has completed his GED since being in jail. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 6m6 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Before his arrest, Smich only had Grade 10. Finished high school in jail. #Bosma #HamOnt

Up until his arrest Smich had only grade 10 and jail let him earn his GED. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Education? "I only had Gr. 10 education. While I was incarcerated I completed my education diploma." #bosma Smich's voice very low and soft.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 6m6 minutes ago
#MarkSmich only has grade 10 education. In jail he completed his General Education Diploma. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Smich was looking at the jury and getting emotional while talking about his family

Dungey asks Smich to read a page in front of him. "It says the 'Look At My Life project' by Amadeus," he reads. #Bosma

"There's a few teachers that go around in the Toronto area in jails...for a general education diploma." In jail for 3 years. #bosma

Smich spells his name for the record. He swears on the bible to tell the truth. #Bosma

#MarkSmich being sworn in to tell the whole truth. #Bosma @CTVNews

In a criminal trial the presumption of innocence stays with an accused through the trial, crown has to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich wears a red plaid shirt, a new hair cut, and spells his name for the court. It's the first time we've heard him speak. #Bosma

Smich has a fresh hair cut. #TimBosma

Wearing khaki pants, red checked shirt. Sitting in witness box. Born Aug. 13, 1987, Mississauga. 28 now. 24 at time of #Bosma murder.
Not that it matters I thought his shirt was purple?

I just want him to tell the truth, even if it's going to seal his own fate. I so badly want him to take down DM.

Smich says he also used to smoke a lot of weed. Agrees all acquaintances of he and Millard smoked.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

He says his first job was delivering newspapers in elementary school.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Smich struggles to remember his second job, says he did charity for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

Smich participated in the "look at my life" project after his arrest as part of his education. #Bosma

Smich has been in jail for three years. Took courses at Metro East Detention centre. He's explaining how. #Bosma

Members of the jury have turned their bodies to the witness stand, leaning in to listen to Smich #Bosma #HamOnt

He took courses while at the Toronto East detention centre. He's describing that process. Booklets, a teacher, a test at the end. #Bosma

Took courses at Metro East Detention Centre. Smich turns to look directly at jury when he speaks. Explaining about test he took for diploma.

He now ha the equivalent of a high school education. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members