Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We smoked a joint together and he was with one of his girlfriends at the time," Smich says. "A girl named Erin, a very pretty girl."
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Smich says after he and Millard reconnected, they started hanging out instead of things being just business.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

"After he breaks up with that girl, he does call me and we were hanging out a little bit more at that time ... he introduced me to some of his friends ... I also introduced him to a couple of my friends."
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Interesting that Smich goes directly from Erin to Nougda. What about the fiancée?

Smich says the next girlfriend of Millard's he remembers is Christina Noudga.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

Smich says he and Millard came from different circles. "It wasn't like we were hanging out every day ... but he'd call me to go to the bar and get chicken wings ... or play video games."
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

Smich says he and Millard got closer from 2011 on.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

Re: foggy memory - smoking a lot of pot can actually do that. Sure it can be used as an excuse but it can also be quite legit.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12m12 minutes ago
He did it for 3 or 4 years. Says it would've been before high school. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
He was a preteen. Next job was .... he's having trouble remembering. "It's so long ago."

Dungey asks him what the second job he had was...he's having trouble remembering. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13m13 minutes ago
Started out as a paper boy. And croissant tree. And did charity for heart and stroke. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
A store at Square One. "I also did charity for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Door to door kinda stuff."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
He worked at a business in Square One and did charity "door to door kind of stuff" for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. #Bosma

Interesting that Smich goes directly from Erin to Nougda. What about the fiancée?

If he met up with DM about 2 years after he first sold him some pot in 2008, then DM was already with his ex-fiancee during that time he was with Erin.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Trying to think of 2nd job. Croissant Tree in Square One. Did "charity" for the Heart and Stroke Foundation, "door to door kind of stuff."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13m13 minutes ago
He also worked at the croissant tree in Square One and charity work, going door to door for the Heart and Stroke foundation. #TimBosma

That's what he did for his community service hours for school.

He says he needed the volunteer hours to graduate high school. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13m13 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says he did door to door charity work for Heart and Stroke, part of high school community service. #Bosma #HamOnt

He says the volunteer work was required by his highschool. #TimBosma

Guess Im not going to get any work done today. :thinking:

If he met up with DM about 2 years after he first sold him some pot in 2008, then DM was already with his ex-fiancee during that time he was with Erin.

We need billandrew to whip us up a separate 'girlfriend' timeline/table.

(Kidding. Mostly.)

The Square One biz was "the croissant tree." He was a cashier basically, he says. #Bosma

He did that for his high school community service hours. Thinks he completed his 30 hours...Croissant Tree he did food prep, cash. #Bosma

A family friend had opened it, and had given him the job. He worked there for maybe 2 years. Struggles to remember exactly when. #Bosma

Croissant Tree was his job at Square One. Smich did food prep & cash, the owner was a family friend. Worked there 2yrs. ish.

He would've been in high school. "So 14ish I guess." #Bosma

Worked at Croissant Tree for two years at age 13, 14. Friend owned it...He worked at Woody Woodchuck's restaurant too. Dishwashing.

He says they had similar things in common like tastes in video games and movies, and they'd drink together. "Guy stuff, you know? We both liked to smoke weed and hang out."
by Adam Carter 10:39 AM

Smich says he was "absolutely involved in criminal activity with Millard. "Around 2011 when we started hanging out a bit more ... he called me on day and said he wanted to hang out. When we met up I found out what he wanted to do and I was okay with it and went along with it."
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

"He wanted to get some trees from a plant nursery, but there was also an event that took place that happened first ... there was a trailer that we took from somebody's driveway," Smich says. It was just him and Millard.
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

"It was a big enclosed trailer that said 'Corvette' on the side of it."

Dungey asks if he ever worked in a restaurant. He says he did work at a Woody Woodchucks (like a Chuck E Cheez) for about a year. #Bosma

Smich believes he was 13-14 at the time. Also worked at Woody Woodchucks. It's like Chucky Cheese, he says. Washed dishes

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12m12 minutes ago
Millard taking notes, looking down at table.

Smich once worked at Woody Woodchucks "kinda like a Chuck E Cheeses" he says. He was a dishwasher. #TimBosma

Next job? Dungey asks.
Smich says "it's kind of difficult to think back and remember exactly in order." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 13m13 minutes ago
Dungey keeps asking Smich about what jobs he's had, but he's having difficulty remembering them in order. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich has no handcuffs, no leg irons. Normal security in courtroom. #Bosma

"It's kinda difficult to think back on this, remember it in order," Smich's head is down as he thinks

Smich seems to have trouble remembering his own work history. #TimBosma

Dungey says just tell us what jobs you had. Smich says after moving to Oakville he did more of "under the table kind of jobs, cash jobs."

Dungee going through work exp. Smich doesn't remember all. Woody wood chucks. Dishwasher. @AM900CHML

After HS he moved to Oakville and did "under the table" jobs. Painting, construction, renovation work.

Also did jobs under the table. Reno companies-painting. @AM900CHML

After high school he did more "under the table" jobs for cash. Worked for a painting company, motorcycle company. #Bosma In Oakville.

He did renos for the motorcycle shop.

He did painting for a company called JC painters. Did construction/Reno work for a motorcycle company. #Bosma

After highschool Smich says he worked under the table doing painting, construction and renovatio. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12m12 minutes ago
That was last job "before I started working for Dell."

"We didn't know what was inside, we just hitched it up and drove off, Smich says. He says it was Millard's idea.

There were Corvette rims inside, Smich says. He doesn't know what happened to them.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

He says the theft at a plant nursery was just he and Millard. Matt Hagerman was supposed to be involved, but couldn't make it. "We took some trees and things like that an just threw it over the fence."
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

Smich has a new haircut this week. Still talking about odd jobs he did up to 2010/11 #Bosma

He says that was probably 2008/2010--most recent thing before he started working "for Dell." #Bosma

"It was the most recent work before I started working with Dell," Smich says. #TimBosma

Dungey asks what he was doing when he was introduced to Dell. "Uh selling drugs," Smich says. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 12m12 minutes ago
Smich says he was "selling drugs" before he was introduced to Millard and started working for him. #TimBosma #Bosma

He also worked as a drug dealer and that's how he met Dellen Millard. #TimBosma

At time he met Dell what was his job? "Selling drugs." Hobbies? "I liked playing sports. I liked music. Everybody knows about that."

Dungey says "well come back to that." He asks if he had hobbies. Smich said he liked sports, music. "Everyone knows about that." #Bosma

What was he doing when he was introduced to Dell? "Uh, selling drugs." Smich also liked sports and music "everybody knows about that."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 13m13 minutes ago
#MarkSmich was selling drugs when he met #DellenMillard who was buying drugs. #Bosma @CTVNews

He says he got into video games, was a big movie guy. #Bosma

Also liked video games and movies. "I like old music. I grew up on hip hop and rap...I like any good music."

Dungey asks about music. He says he likes old music but grew up on hip hop and rap. "I like any good music," he says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13m13 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
After months of hearing so much about Smich, it's almost surreal hearing him on the stand. Can't imagine how the Bosmas feel #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says he's a big movie person, likes video games and is a music fan. He likes old music and hip hop and rap. #TimBosma

He also likes video games and movies. "I like old music but I grew up on hip hop and rap. Any good music, that's how I like ta.."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
Re: rap he says it was a hobby at first. Later thought about pursuing a rap career when friends were doing so. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
At first rap was just a hobby. Later he thought about pursuing a rap career. "I did think that was something I'd like to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member