Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also stole a concrete floor polisher from the back of a truck in a busy parking lot, Smich says. They didn't even know what it was when they stole it, Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

"Did he have a purpose for stealing these things?" Dungey asks. "Not that I knew, he just wanted them," Smich says.

Smich says the thefts weren't his idea.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
Dungey asks what they had in common. He says he already mentioned some. Video games, going out drinking etc. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 14m14 minutes ago
2011 "we started getting closer in our relationship." says #Smich of his friendship with #Millard. #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
2011 on had closer relationship with Millard. "Increased and would build from there." "Went out to drink, stuff like that. " #bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
"We had similar things that we liked to do," Smich says "Smoke weed, hang out." #Bosma

"Guy stuff you know," Smich says. "We both liked to smoke weed and you know hang out." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 14m14 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'Guy stuff. Smoke weed. Hang out.' Smich says of what they did together. #Bosma #HamOnt

Shannon Martin @ShannonMartinTV
Dungey: Did he have a purpose for stealing these things? Smich: Not that he would tell me. He just wanted it. #Bosma #HamOnt

For those who didn't see it last night, I made a post about Ted Bundy and how he really loved stealing, and the feeling of 'possessing' the things he had stolen. Could explain why DM tended not to fence the stolen items. They were trophies.

Whoever found this on here genius sorry I can't remember who "He had license plate covers." Installed on Yukon so you couldn't read plate. "It was very blurry, especially at night time."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
"We both liked to smoke week and, you know, hang out." Hung out with Michalski and Hagerman too.

Dungey says we've heard about criminal activity in this trial, through Michalski and Hagerman. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 14m14 minutes ago
They had similar interests. "Guy stuff, you know. We smoked weed and would hang out" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15m15 minutes ago
"yes, absolutely," Smich says of the thefts he was involved in with the other friends.

"yes, absolutely," Smich says of the thefts he was involved in with the other friends.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 15m15 minutes ago
Several thefts and criminal activities with #Smich and #Millard leading up to the date of #Bosma murder. @CTVNews

Millard called Smich, & when they met he found out what Millard wanted to do. Steal trees from a plant nursery

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Millard had called him to hang out. Then told him about something he wanted to do, and Smich was down. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15m15 minutes ago
In 2011 Millard called Smich and proposed stealing trees from a plant nursery. #Bosma

In 2011 Millard called Smich and proposed stealing trees from a plant nursery. #Bosma

"There was a trailer that we took from somebody's driveway," Smich adds. Just the two of them. He and Millard

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 14m14 minutes ago
Smich says they also stole a trailer from someone's driveway. #Bosma

I was right about the woodchipper , the exact one stolen from the city of Oakville and repainted dull grey

Credit goes to Lanman who first pointed it out in 2013.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 15m15 minutes ago
Smich says one day DM called him to "do things" steal trees. Trailer from a driveway. "I was ok with it" @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15m15 minutes ago
2012 Millard called him to hang out and he wanted to "get some trees from a plant nursery."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich often looks at the jury members directly as he speaks. #Bosma #HamOnt

Dungey asks about the trailer. It said "corvette" on the side of it. Smich says it was just he and Millard, no one else. #Bosma

"It was a big, enclosed trailer. Said Corvette on the side." It was backed up to house but hitch faced road. They hitched it up & drove off

"We didn't know what was inside. We just hitched it up and drove off," he says. #Bosma

"It was a big enclosed trailer that had corvette on the side of it." Smich says. "We just hitched it up and drove off." #Bosma

They stole "trees from a plant nursery", a trailer from someones driveway... and more. #Smich says the crimes were #Millard's ideas @CTVNews

"There was a trailer that we took from somebody's driveway." Said "Corvette" on side.

Dungey asks where they took it. First to Maplegate, where they opened it. It had corvette rims "or racing slicks" inside. #Bosma

It was Dell's idea, Smich says. He thinks they took it to the Maple Gate house at the time. When they opened the trailer there were rims

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 15m15 minutes ago
"We hitched it up and drove off. It was Dels idea". When they opened it. Had racing slicks inside for a corvette. @AM900CHML

Smich also worked for Millard doing work at his properties -- doing painting, ditch digging, etc.
by Adam Carter 10:55 AM

Smich stayed at Millard's Maplegate property in the basement with his girlfriend while doing some of the painting and landscaping.
by Adam Carter 10:56 AM

Smich says he and Marlena Meneses were "attached at the hip" at that time.
by Adam Carter 10:57 AM

Was JUST thinking that. You must be watching the live twitter feed.

Yup, someone here speculated that DM had something to obscure his plate and was bang on. SS did it and was aware of criminal activity, it's pretty clear to me.

"We didn't know what was inside of it so we just hitched it up and took off. I think we took it to Maplegate." Corvette rims inside.

He says he went home that night and doesn't know where it went from there. #Bosma

As the friendship grew, Smich says Millard asked him to help steal things. Trees, a trailer #Bosma #HamOnt

They opened up and found corvette rims inside. Smich says he doesn't know what happened to the trailer. #Bosma

"Racing slicks," I guess you could call them, Smich says of the Corvette rims.

Now Dungey asks about the plants. He says it was from a "place where you buy plants." Again just he and Dellen. #Bosma

Both thefts were just Smich and Millard. #Bosma

Smich says he thinks Millard had contacted Hagerman but he couldn't make it so Smich went with him. #Boama

Other time "a place where you buy plants." Just him and Dellen. "I knew he contacted one of his friends who couldn't make it." (Hagerman)

He says they took some trees, threw them over the fence, hauled them off in his trailer. #Bosma

Millard also wanted someone to go with him to steal trees. They threw them over a fence and loaded one of Millard's trailers. #Bosma

Smich says they took some trees, threw them over the fence, and put them in the trailer. #Bosma

Yup, someone here speculated that DM had something to obscure his plate and was bang on. SS did it and was aware of criminal activity, it's pretty clear to me.

He has them on his Yukon in the exhibit photos.

Smich says he was paid for the work he was doing there depending on the job and the time. "Sometimes he would buy us food, or if I needed something, he'd go get that instead of money. Weed even, sometimes."
by Adam Carter 10:58 AM

Smich says Millard was "supposedly engaged to a girl named Jen" in 2011, and they had a house in Oakville. He did some work there too.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

The work at Riverside was around 2012, Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

Threw trees over a fence into one of Millard's many trailers. "He said he's been there before. Like he already knew, kind of, the layout."

Dungey asks if they scoped it out. Smich says Millard had said he'd been there before. Knew the layout. "I just kind of went along," he says

"He already knew, kinda, the layout of it, so I kinda just, went along," Smich says.

From there, Smich believes they went to Millard's Riverside Dr property. #Bosma

"We put the plants and the trees in the back of the trailer and drove off." Dropped stuff off at Riverside. Smich says he was paid.

Smich says they left the trees at Millard's riverside property. #TimBosma

I'm already impressed with how much he's saying and how honest he's being. Keep it up Mark. The Bosmas deserve the truth.

They put the plants and trees in the trailer and drove off. They dropped the plants at Millard's residence at Riverside. Smich was paid

Dungey asks if Smich was paid to do this. He was but can't "recollect exactly the amount. But there was cash involved." #Bosma

#MarkSmich was paid by #Millard to do the thefts "there was cash involved." but he doesn't remember how much. #Bosma @CTVNews

Dungey: Would you have done this if you were not paid? Smich: At that time, I don't know what I would've been thinking #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich said he was paid cash for both. Can't recall the amount, or whether he would have done it for free. #TimBosma

Dungey asks if he would've done it if cash wasn't involved. Smich struggles to answer. #Bosma

I was right about the woodchipper , the exact one stolen from the city of Oakville and repainted dull grey

Credit goes to Lanman who first pointed it out in 2013.

Yes..I think MS's testimony will clarify a lot of things that we sleuthed in the last 3 years. ;)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member