Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 15m15 minutes ago
Telling jury about all the plants. Things they stole. Smich was paid cash for these jobs. Says he would have done it paid/unpaid.@AM900CHML

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'There was no verbal agreement' about getting paid, Smich says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15m15 minutes ago
Millard paid him. "There would have been cash involved." Can't remember how much. Would he do it if he wasn't paid?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
He says there was no verbal agreement, he just gave him $ and that's how it was. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15m15 minutes ago
"There would have been cash involved," Smich says he didn't know what he would have been thinking at the time, or if he'd have worked free

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
"There were some other things that we stole," Smich says. "There was a wood chipper." #Bosma

are you serious? :facepalm:
Dungey, being as professional as he is, making a mockery of Bosma?
Hell he's the only defence lawyer thus far who's had the gonads to truly show up the players involved
for their pathetic and shameful roles in this whole tragic affair....
sure his guiding modus operandi is to do the best for his own client, however.....

Smich's testimony only showing further just how odious these guys were
ie., schlatman covering up licence plates, removing the gps from the bobcat...or in their stealing a floor cleaner/polisher but having no idea what it was for.
''...he (millard) just wanted them''. that piece of equipment, whether it be a chipper, floor polisher, motorbike or bobcat came from someone's livelihood, their hard earned dollars being ripped off....all eventually just escalating to even bigger thrills and a needless and tragic death of an innocent man, tim bosma
schlatman had better move after this trial is all over....perhaps change his name even...he's toast.

PURPLE????? That's Tim's Tribute colour. Better not be another mockery.

There was an intention for him to move into the basement there, he says, so he was going to do construction there.
by Adam Carter 11:00 AM

Smich used a jackhammer while doing that construction, which he called "quite interesting."
by Adam Carter 11:01 AM

He says Millard's employee Javier Villada was there and he showed him how to use it.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15m15 minutes ago
Smich said they stole a woodchipper in Oakville. #TimBosma

A wood chipper was also stolen. From @townofoakville property. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15m15 minutes ago
It was taken from a city storage depot in Oakville, he says. #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 15m15 minutes ago
"There was no verbal agreement. He just kind of gave me $" now saying he scoped out and stole a wood chipper. @AM900CHML

They took it from the City of Oakville's equipment storage. It was locked up w cameras. They went once to look around. Check out security.

"I can't remember what I was thinking." Also stole wood chipper. City of Oakville storage. "It was locked up, cameras, stuff like that."

I'm already impressed with how much he's saying and how honest he's being. Keep it up Mark. The Bosmas deserve the truth.

So far he's giving up some details that he doesn't even need to. Wouldn't it be rich if his was the most honest testimony we'll hear this entire trial? :thinking:

"It was locked up, cameras, stuff like that." They saw it from the fence when they checked out security. Went back with bolt cutters

Another day they came back w bolt cutters. Drove in, hooked up the wood chipper to the Yukon and drove off. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
"We chopped the lock, drove right in there. Hooked up the wood chipper to the Yukon and drove off. Just me and Dellen, that was it." #bosma

Hooked up the woodchipper to the Yukon and drove off, Smich says it was just he and Millard. #TimBosma

Again this was just Smich and Millard. No one else, no walkie talkies. #Bosma

"He had licence plate covers," Smich says of Millard

I'm already impressed with how much he's saying and how honest he's being. Keep it up Mark. The Bosmas deserve the truth.

SAME. My heart is like constricted with hope that he takes this right to the end. I want to know what his tone and presence is like.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16m16 minutes ago
They scouted the site, then came back with bolt cutters, clipped the lock and broke in and took the woodchipper.#Bosma

Smich says Millard had license plate covers installed onto the Yukon by Shane. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16m16 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich speaks nonchalantly about all of the thefts. Trees, a trailer, a wood chipper. #Bosma #HamOnt

"He had license plate covers." Installed on Yukon so you couldn't read plate. "It was very blurry, especially at night time."

Schlatman installed the license plate cover. Made it blurry & hard to see.

Smich says Millard had license plate covers on his Yukon to make the number blurry. #Bosma

So far he's giving up some details that he doesn't even need to. Wouldn't it be rich if his was the most honest testimony we'll hear this entire trial? :thinking:

It is in line with what Dungey says this testimony is all about, the whole story.

MOO

Smich says he was going to build a unit for himself - a bedroom and a washroom.

He also painted Millard's unit with Meneses at Riverside, Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

Smich says he and Meneses were there for about a month. He also worked at the MillardAir hangar "refurbishing machinery" from the old hangar at Pearson.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

Dungey asks what happened to the wood chipper. Smich says they sanded off the City logo/spray painted it. Then drove off. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 16m16 minutes ago
Shane schlatman wld put licence covers so it wld blur plates from stolen vehicles. Sand them down. Spray them. Drive away. @AM900CHML

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 16m16 minutes ago
They used license plate covers to make sure no one could take down the number. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
They pulled over after taking the woodchipper, sanded off the @townofoakville sign, repainted it quickly, and drove off again.

He says when they'd do these things they'd bring paint, gloves, a change of clothes. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
Schlatman installed cover. Sanded off City of Oakvilled logo. Would take gloves, paint, change of clothes.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17m17 minutes ago
Smich says they often brought tools and a change of clothes for these thefts. #Bosma

"So if any business cameras were to see it, they wouldn't see the logo." Smich says. "Precautions." It was "late at night."

"Precautions I guess you could say," Smich says (re: removing logo). This was late at night. #Bosma

Dungey asks what else. Smich says there were other trailers that they stole. #Bosma

"There was other trailers that we stole. Same thing. Parked in more empty parking lots, just sitting there." #TimBosma

Did it late at night. "There was other trailers that we stole."

Smich says he was paid for that, and helping to put up walls at the hangar.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

Smich says work at the hangar wasn't an "everyday thing," but Millard would call when he needed him.
by Adam Carter 11:05 AM

Smich says he and Millard discussed putting a music studio at Riverside, but that never happened.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

Smich says they stole other trailers as well, sometimes in empty parking lots. They would just drive off with them. #TimBosma

Dungey asks what Dellen did with them all. He says he'd use them, or had other people who'd use them. He saw most at the hangar. #Bosma

Smich says Millard used all the stolen equipment. "Eventually I seen most of them at the hangar. From time to time Riverside."

Most of the trailers were either left at the hangar and riverside. #TimBosma

Would see trailers at Riverside. Bobcat theft? "I was not part of scoping it out so I didn't know too much information about it."

Smich was also involved in the Bobcat theft. He wasn't part of scoping it out so didn't know a lot beforehand, he says. #Bosma

Stole many trailers. Bob cat. Ended up at hangar. Or other DM properties. Smich says DM wld use them. @AM900CHML

Smich is now talking about the bobcat theft. #TimBosma

Smich was also involved in Bobcat theft jury has heard of. Wasn't part of surveillance team. Millard parked truck & trailer behind school

Says Millard had called some friends as lookouts bc they had parked behind a school and didn't want to attract police. #Bosma

The Bobcat ended up back at the hangar. Smich says there was a problem. There was a GPS tracker on it. #Bosma

Kenny, Michalski, Hagerman and Smich were all involved. Bobcat ended up at hangar. There was a problem. It had GPS tracking.

Yep. I have to say that his deamenor in court and the behaviour in prison (getting his GED) and seeming honesty so far has me reevaluating my previous assessment of him. Don't get me wrong......he was there....but depending on what he has to say about the night TB was killed, maybe MS doesn't deserve 1st degree. I reserve my right to make a final decision until all evidence and testimony are in, but if i'm thinking it, it's possible some members of the jury are too.....MOO

Totally agree. While I am not there, from the tweets, it seems like he is being forthcoming and humble (not sure if that is the right word I am looking for!) on the stand.

Smich says they needed the lookouts because Millard's truck was parked behind a school and would look suspicious. #Bosma

Michalski, Hagerman involved with Bobcat too. Took it to hangar. "There was a GPS tracking device on it. It was late at night."

It was late at night and had taken a long time. He said in the am Millard texted him about the tracker. Said Millard had removed it. #Bosma

Shane found GPS tracker and removed it, he was told in morning in text from Dell. "Dell told me not to mention there was a GPS on it."

It took a lot longer than Smich expected. Millard texted that Schlatman had to remove the GPS, "Dell told me to not mention it"

After the theft they found a GPS tracker and Millard told Smich to keep it quiet. #Bosma

Millard told Smich not to mention the GPS to anyone. #Bosma

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 16m16 minutes ago
Clean-cut and unshackled, co-accused Mark Smich takes the stand at the Tim #Bosma trial: http://bit.ly/27dHFC1 Early quick file. #HamOnt

Also theft of concrete floor polisher. "That was taken from the back of somebody's truck...Right in the middle of a busy parking lot."

They also stole a floor buffer from the back of a truck in a busy parking lot. #Bosma

Bob cat had a GPS on it. Shane didn't remove it. DM tried to fix problem. Cops showed up.

Right in the middle of a busy parking lot they took a machine off a truck and put in in their vehicle. They didn't know what it was

Smich says he found it "kind of strange" and he was a "little pissed off" it never happened. "Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to."
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

Smich was working on a Cadillac of Millard's. Smich doesn't have a licence, but there was hopes that Meneses would drive it.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

That also didn't happen, Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads