DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
Now recalling the theft of a concrete floor buffer. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
He chuckles a bit. They didn't even know that it was a floor polisher. Saw it while going in for wings and beer. Decided to take it.

He says they spotted it in a parking lot on way into a bar for beer/chicken wings. They decided to take it. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16m16 minutes ago
"At first we didn't really know what it was" Smich says and they decided to steal it after chicken wings and beer. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17m17 minutes ago
They saw it while having wings and beer. Millard wanted to take it, slid it from one vehicle to another. Turned out to be floor buffer

Dungey asks why he wanted these things. Smich doesn't know. #Bosma

"As time went on, our bond was stronger, and I felt ... he was like a brother to me. He was like family, like a bigger brother," Smich says about Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

At one point he invited Millard for Christmas dinner with his family after his father died.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

"he would have parties that were like bigger parties, and get together parties," Smich says - he says he'd go to the smaller ones.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

He was at one big party where a band played in the basement, Smich says.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16m16 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Dungey: Did he have a purpose for stealing these things? Smich: Not that he would tell me. He just wanted it. #Bosma #HamOnt

Purpose for stealing these things? "Nothing that he would tell me. He wanted it and that's about it." Says it was Millard's idea to steal.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says he never kept any of the items he helped steal. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
"I take it it wasn't your idea--because you never retained any of these items," Dungey says. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17m17 minutes ago
Why did he steal this? Dungey asks Smich. "He wanted it." #TimBosma

"He wanted it, that's about it," Smich says he never retained any of the things stolen. Eventually they came to a financial agreement

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 14m14 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard wasn't a 'regular' - this was back in 2008. They lost touch for awhile. #Bosma #HamOnt

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13m13 minutes ago
Smich says they developed a friendship couple of yrs later. @AM900CHML #timbosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13m13 minutes ago
He says Millard was dating a girl named Erin at the time. They hung out and smoked weed together, but still not that regularly. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
They were hanging out "not that regularly" but "we actually started to hang out" before that it was just (drug) business. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Hanging out with Dell "not that regularly." When first met it was "strictly business" until they "reconnected" and started to hang out.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
Their relationship originally was "just business." That was it. But when they reconnected they started hanging out once in a while. #Bosma

I wonder if this lull in friendship/business between DM and MS 2008-2010 was when DM was with his fiancee - maybe MB noticed where DM was headed by 2008 and - no pun intended - tried to head him off at the pass and get him a steadying influence of a fiancee. But it didn't work and along came CN and the life of crime...

I'm trying to be careful about assuming that since he comes off as being open and honest re: the thefts, drug dealing, other criminal activity that he'll be telling the truth about what happened May 6th. Because if I'm Dungey I'm reminding my client that he's not on trial for any of those things so he can spill all and establish credibility for later in his testimony. It's working if that was the plan.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 17m17 minutes ago
Stole concrete polisher off someone vehicle in parking lot. Off one vehicle to theirs."DM wanted it." smich says wasn't his idea.@AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
Millard kept all the items they stole. He did under the table work for Dell at his properties.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 17m17 minutes ago
"It wasn't my idea to steal." #MarkSmich #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18m18 minutes ago
Eventually pay (cash under the table) became more regular, both bc of illegal activity and also work he did for him at properties. #Bosma

Smich helped with chores, other illegal activities, and had a verbal agreement with Millard for payment.

Smich says he did work at Maplegate, did pretty much all the exterior painting there. #Bosma

MS has already testified that they also brought change of clothes to other "missions". That testimony deflects the "pre-planning" portion of first degree. Seems like some truth coming out, which is good, but TD's primary job is to clear his client. This is defense of MS first and foremost.

Millard was giving Smich advice about his drinking and smoking cigarettes, but not pot, he says.

Millard was also giving Smich advice about a shoulder problem he had, he says.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

"it was an ongoing problem for many many years, and it never got fixed," Smich says. "It dislocated from time to time. It's painful."
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

Smich painted at Maple Gate, "He wanted to get it ready for sale," Smich says.

Smich says Millard was getting ready to sell the property so they were freshening up. #Bosma

Smich said Millard was now paying him regularly for illegal activities and odd jobs such as painting at Millard's properties. #Bosma

Did exterior painting, Maplegate. "He wanted to get it ready for sale. You know where the roof is? Underneath of that? I painted it white."

He painted the patio, the driveway, part of the roof--"the underneath of it." #Bosma

"I also did work digging a ditch," Smich says there were flooding problems when it rained -- puddling. He fixed it.

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 18m18 minutes ago
Smich says they often brought tools and a change of clothes for these thefts. #Bosma

Do we really believe this? Or are these small details (lies) that will be thrown in to cover for some of the obvious damning evidence of premeditation? It's not like DM can refute this.

MOO

Smich also dug a ditch to help offset flooding at Millard's maple get property. #Bosma

Also did driveway. "I painted it black." #bosma Dug trench to fix driveway flooding.

"That was a full day's work," Smich says. He stayed at Maple Gate for extended periods. "I wouldn't call it living there."

Dungey asks if he stayed at Maplegate while working there. He says he stayed for "extended periods" but wouldn't call it "living." #Bosma

He would stay at Maplegate. "I wouldn't call it living there but I had my stuff there...in the basement." Marlena Meneses stayed with him.

Marlena Meneses was there too. Smich says they were "attached at the hip...with me 24 hours a day." #Bosma

"As time went on, closer to the events, I did go see a doctor," Smich says. He made the appointment, had a referral and an x-ray, and was supposed to get an MRI, but he was arrested.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Now taking the morning recess. Back in 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Marlena Meneses would stay with him. They were attached at the hip. "24 hours a day," Smich says with little laugh and head shake

"She was with me 24 hours a day." She kept Maplegate tidy. There was a cleaning lady too.

Meneses was with him all the time. She helped clean. Odd jobs. @AM900CHML

He says Meneses would keep the place clean downstairs. A cleaning lady dealt with the upstairs. #Bosma

Smich now taking about Meneses "we were attached at the hip 24 hours a day." #Bosma

She would clean Millard's house. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 18m18 minutes ago
Smich says they often brought tools and a change of clothes for these thefts. #Bosma

Do we really believe this? Or are these small details (lies) that will be thrown in to cover for some of the obvious damning evidence of premeditation? It's not like DM can refute this.

MOO

I'm staying skeptical for now. I think Dungey is an excellent lawyer and has prepped his client very, very well.

Smich says he was paid depending on what they did. Sometimes Millard would instead get them food or buy them shoes. Weed sometimes. #Bosma

This was while Wayne Millard was alive. Other cleaner was also caregiver to Wayne. Smich got paid money or Dell would buy them food, shoes.

Millard would pay cash or buy Smich drugs, clothing and food. #TimBosma

They would clean up after guests, etc. Smich says he was paid. "Depending on the job and the time it would take." occ paid in food or shoes

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'We were attached at the hip' Smich says of his girlfriend at the time, Marlena Meneses. #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 17m17 minutes ago
#MarkSmich was paid with money, or food, or shoes, or weed sometimes for odd jobs and thefts by #Millard #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich recalls that in 2011 Millard was "supposedly engaged" to a girl named Jenn. They had a house in Oakville. #Bosma

"He was supposedly engaged to a girl named Jenn," Smich remembers, at the beginning of their friendship. Millard & Jenn had home in Oakville

2011 Dell was "supposedly engaged to a girl named Jen. They were supposed to get married. They had a house in Oakville.

He says they called it off and they were preparing to sell that house. Millard had already moved out. She was still there. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
Smich would mow their lawn. "There was also Riverside." It would have been more into our relationship, when we hung out more frequently.

They ended up not going through with the marriage." So they emptied out house. Spring 2012, he began hanging out with Millard more.

Certainly not a good day for Team Millard- they've probably taken DM to a quiet place right now and having a little chit chat with him. MOO

Smich says he also did work at Riverside in 2012. There was a plan for him to move into a basement unit there. #Bosma

Says DM wld somtimes pay $. Or drugs. Explains DM was gettting married in 2012. Engagement called off. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
"There was an intention of me moving in there, the basement," Smich says he did construction in bsmt of Millard's Riverside Apts

Millard was supposed to get married to a woman named Jen, which he never went through with. Its why he was selling the Oakville house.#Bosma

Smich says the house was a "multi-plex" building so he had to move a storage facility from one side of basement to the other.

Going to build his own apartment at Riverside, in basement. I was a multiplex. Moved storage area in basement to build a room.

First the good boy cleaned up, got high school (irrelevant to the case), then the "we would often bring a change of clothes" testimony (deflect preplanning), now the bad shoulder (he couldn't have lifted TB).
I'd love to think MS would come clean, but make no mistake. This is all about MS getting a lesser charge or acquittal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019