Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17m17 minutes ago
"It's a multiplex kind of building," Smich explains. He moved storage facilities from one side of basement to other. Prepared to build room

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
He recalls using a jackhammer on the concrete floor for the first time. "It was actually quite interesting," he says. #Bosma

"First time I'd ever used a jackhammer. It was actually quite interesting," Smich says.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
At one point, Smich was going to move into one of Millard's properties. He was renovating the space. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
"It was first time I used a jackhammer. It was actually quite interesting." Worked with Javier, who showed him how to use jackhammer.

Javier Villada and co were also there. They showed him what to do, how to use the tools. #Bosma

Certainly not a good day for Team Millard- they've probably taken DM to a quiet place right now and having a little chit chat with him. MOO

Oh I would LOVE to see the smirk wiped off DM's stupidface! It's only going to get better as MS goes on. I am on the fence re: MS now. He certainly was involved and could have come clean 3 years ago. Is he only doing so now to save his arse or has he really had remorse? I guess we will see. i am just so glad he is up on the stand. I shouted a big "YES" outloud..lol..

Javier Villada's team helped teach him how to use the jackhammer. Smich was building a unit for himself. Bedroom & washroom

Basically he was building an apartment unit for himself. A bedroom and a bathroom. Would've shared facilities upstairs with Dell. #Bosma

He says he was also working on the upstairs unit (which was the one Millard was going to live in). #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17m17 minutes ago
Smich talking about renos he did at riverside with the understanding he would one day move in. #Bosma

Millard would leave them money if he left on vacation.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
IF he needed anything he could go into Millard's unit. He was painting Millard's unit. Could use his barbecue.

Certainly not a good day for Team Millard- they've probably taken DM to a quiet place right now and having a little chit chat with him. MOO

I'd love to see what he's writting on that paper

Smich and his gf lived there during that time. Says Millard was on vacation and left them some $. #Bosma

Smich was paid by Millard for some of the work, but not all of it. #Bosma

He says they (he and Marlena) stayed there about a month during the painting work. Basement reno was earlier. #Bosma

"He left us some money before he left on vacation." Basement construction first, painting after. Stayed there with Marlena for a month.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
Now onto work at the hangar. He says he did lots there. "Refurbished" old machinery from Pearson hangar. Sanded, painted. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
Smich also helped at the hangar. "I don't know what the exact right word is, refurbish? his old machinery." Marlena would clean washrooms

First the good boy cleaned up, got high school (irrelevant to the case), then the "we would often bring a change of clothes" testimony (deflect preplanning), now the bad shoulder (he couldn't have lifted TB).
I'd love to think MS would come clean, but make no mistake. This is all about MS getting a lesser charge or acquittal.

It's also possible he's being 100% honest. I know, that sounds crazy. But it is possible.

Smich was also paid to work at the hangar, refurbishing machinery. Marlena would clean the washrooms. #Bosma

He says Marlena cleaned the bathroom. Lots to be done as they prepared to open hangar, Smich recalls. #Bosma

At airport hangar Smich "refurbished" his old machinery. Marlena cleaned the washrooms. Cleaned up during construction.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16m16 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich now going through odd jobs he did at Millard's hanger. Refurbishing old machinery. His gf cleaned the washrooms. #Bosma #HamOnt

"Moving stuff around, helping them put walls up," Smich says there was lots to do, lots of people working. Smich was paid.

"There was a whole bunch of people there at that time working," he says. He was paid. #Bosma

For those who didn't see it last night, I made a post about Ted Bundy and how he really loved stealing, and the feeling of 'possessing' the things he had stolen. Could explain why DM tended not to fence the stolen items. They were trophies.

"Possession" was a motive Ted gave for the murders as well. He wanted to fully possess his victims and felt taking their lives was the ultimate expression of that.

First the good boy cleaned up, got high school (irrelevant to the case), then the "we would often bring a change of clothes" testimony (deflect preplanning), now the bad shoulder (he couldn't have lifted TB).
I'd love to think MS would come clean, but make no mistake. This is all about MS getting a lesser charge or acquittal.

Well I would be asking why you need a change of clothes to hook up a trailer? I agree this is deflection but not very effective IMO. It would be better not to mention it and pull a CN ( I don't remember) when Pillay cross examines him - if he does. Pillay has to be careful not to incriminate DM.

Dellen Millard is taking notes while Smich testifies.

Helped Javier, Shane, Spencer. Millard paid Smich for this. "It wasn't an every day thing." Millard would pick him up.

Smich says the work wasn't an everyday kind of thing. Just went when called. He never went without Millard. Didn't have a driver's license.

Smich doesn't have a drivers' license, didn't ever go to the hangar without Millard. #TimBosma

Smich did't have a drivers' license....He says "absolutely" a lot. #Bosma

Smich didn't have a license and wasn't driving at the time. #TimBosma

Dungey did an excellent job through cross examinations of portraying himself as a defender of sorts for TB -- "you didn't care, you didn't go to police!" etc. I really think it's working for him now. People are more inclined to view him as someone seeking truth for the Bosma family. And that helps with people believing his client is telling the truth. He's very good, IMO.

Smich says they often brought tools and a change of clothes for these thefts. #Bosma

"So if any business cameras were to see it, they wouldn't see the logo." Smich says. "Precautions." It was "late at night."

"Precautions I guess you could say," Smich says (re: removing logo). This was late at night. #Bosma

Dungey asks what else. Smich says there were other trailers that they stole. #Bosma

"There was other trailers that we stole. Same thing. Parked in more empty parking lots, just sitting there." #TimBosma

Did it late at night. "There was other trailers that we stole."

OK, I'm not buying this change of clothes thing just yet!

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 17m17 minutes ago
Smich says he never went to hangar without DM. @AM900CHML

Dungey asks him about the rap music. Asks if he and Millard ever discussed projects. #Bosma

He says one idea was that when they both moved into Riverside, they'd turn the garage into a studio. Never happened. #Bosma

Rap music? "That was another thing what was discussed that never happened." Talked of building studio in Riverside garage. Never happened.

"Rap projects" were another thing discussed that never happened. There was a garage at Riverside that could be their studio.

Smich says Millard told him he would put a studio into the riverside property, but it never happened. #TimBosma

Not making any judgement until the testimony is complete. But I do like how it is progressing. Anything WSers are questioning will most likely be challenged during cross. MS's story will be tested thoroughly while on the stand!

MOO

Smich says the plan then changed to put the studio at the farm. But that also never happened. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 17m17 minutes ago
Setting the stage for the night of #Bosma's murder - #MarkSmich saying he was at #Millard's beck and call. 24/7 @CTVNews

"It never happened." Nothing every came to fruition. "More just dreams, if you want to call it that."

"It was more just a dream if you want to call it that," Smich says. #Bosma

"It was more just a dream, if you want to call it that. I was the one that wanted to do it and he was the one who had the place to do it."

"It was more of a dream" Smich said. #TimBosma

Explaining one idea at DM riverside address and building a studio for rap music. "More like a dream" MS wanted to do it. DM had the place.

Dungey asks whose idea it was. He says it was what he wanted to do, and Millard had the places to do it. #Bosma

Smich dreamed of becoming a rap artist. Millard offered to build a studio - never did. #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich was the one who wanted to start a rap career, Millard would say he had a place to do it. Nothing concrete would ever take place

Smich thought it would happen, but it never did. #Bosma

"I never really spoke to him much about it, but I'd speak to Marlena. It felt kind of odd," Smich says.

But Smich was under the impression these things were going to happen. When they didn't, he says he felt odd. #Bosma

'I was pissed off it never happened, but what can you do?' Smich says of the recording studio. #Bosma #HamOnt

Disappointment? Smich says he never talked to Millard about it, but he talked to Marlena. "I was kind of pissed off that it didn't happen."

Smich said he talked about with Marlena. It was odd and he "was kinda pissed off, but what can you do?" #Bosma

"Anything more than odd?" Dungey asks. He says kind of strange, pissed off. "Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to."

"Strange, I don't know the word to use, pissed off that things didn't work out." Smich tries to describe feelings about unfulfilled dreams

Dungey did an excellent job through cross examinations of portraying himself as a defender of sorts for TB -- "you didn't care, you didn't go to police!" etc. I really think it's working for him now. People are more inclined to view him as someone seeking truth for the Bosma family. He's very good, IMO.

Meh. Dont kid yourself, Dungey has always had only his clients interests at heart. The fact that discrediting prosecution witnesses gave the appearance of defending the Bosmas was just an added bonus.

"I thought it was odd. Strange. I was kind of pissed off it didn't happen." Smich about DM building a studio. @AM900CHML

Dungey asks them about the Cadillac Millard had. Marlena was working on getting her license to drive it. Again, it never happened. #Bosma

"But what can you do. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to," says Smich.

Millard also said he would give Meneses and Smich a Cadillac but it never happened either. #Bosma

There was a Cadillac Millard promised too, for Marlena to drive. "That never happened." #TimBosma

Dungey asks if there was work done at he barn for a studio. He says no. Hay had to be moved. An excavator was purchased. But never happened.

Javier Villada's team helped teach him how to use the jackhammer. Smich was building a unit for himself. Bedroom & washroom

Basically he was building an apartment unit for himself. A bedroom and a bathroom. Would've shared facilities upstairs with Dell. #Bosma

He says he was also working on the upstairs unit (which was the one Millard was going to live in). #Bosma

Smich talking about renos he did at riverside with the understanding he would one day move in. #Bosma

Millard would leave them money if he left on vacation.

IF he needed anything he could go into Millard's unit. He was painting Millard's unit. Could use his barbecue.

I thought JV said MS only worked for about a half day and left? That he was a bad worker. How did MS do all this work on Riverside and Maplegate and JV knew nothing about any of it. When JV also says he worked on both properties? :waitasec:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member