Bosma Murder Trial 05.16.16 - Day 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Picture taken Aug. 3, 2012. Gun is a Walther PPK .380. Smich says it is gun used to shoot #Bosma.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
He says he doesn't recall exactly where the photo was taken. Agrees it was a Walther PPK--the gun that was used to kill Tim #Bosma.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13m13 minutes ago
Smich agrees it's the gun he alleges Millard used to shoot #TimBosma.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
It's a Walther PPK 380, Smich agrees. The gun used to shoot #TimBosma, according to Smich. He's had 3 years to think about that, Sachak says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Smich says he hasn't been thinking about holding this gun for past three years. "It wasn't a big thought in my mind. It was so long ago."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 13m13 minutes ago
"I wasn't thinking about holding the gun over last 3yrs, i was trying to get my education." Smich about murder weapon #Bosma @CTVNews

Can someone email this <modsnip> lawyer and tell him he isn't doing himself any favours with this stupid way of questioning someone.
He makes himself sound very petulant.
According to media he's a great lawyer.

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
"I wasn't thinking about that, Smich says, I was thinking about getting my education." Sachak is incredulous. Smich says it was long ago

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
Sachak asks if he's thought over the last three years that he held the gun that was used to shoot Tim #Bosma. He says no it was so long ago.

Colin Butler &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC 13m13 minutes ago
Smich says he didn't think much of the fact that he held the weapon that killed #TimBosma over the past three years.

Alex Pierson &#8207;@AlexpiersonAMP 13m13 minutes ago
Sachak; " u had 3 yrs to thk about holding this gun used to shoot #timbosma.MS' "it wasn't a big thought in my mind" @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Sachak incredulous: "It was not important for you that you were holding the very gun that was used to shoot Mr. #Bosma, was it Mr. Smich?"

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
"It's not important to you that you were holding the very gun used to kill Mr Bosma, was it Mr. Smich?"

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
Smich again says he has not been thinking about this photo. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
"This gun was used to kill a human being," says Sachak. "It was a long time before the events took place," says Smich.

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 14m14 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard lawyer: You held the very firearm used to kill Mr. Bosma, it wasn't significant to you? #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
It wasn't significant to you that you held a gun that killed a human being, Sachak says. Or the details of where that gun buried.

Sachak suggests, just like it wasn't important to remember the details of where it was buried. #Bosma

Colin Butler &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC 14m14 minutes ago
Sachak gleefully asking the same question over and over: "it wasn't important to you that you held the very gun that killed #TimBosma?"

Smich says he doesn't know where photo was taken or who took it.

Smich says that was a different scenario. #Bosma

"That's a different scenario altogether," Smich protests. Who took the picture? "I'm not sure, it was four years ago."

Smich doesn't remember where the picture was taken, or who took it. #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Sachak being ridiculous again: did your mother take that picture, did the dog take that picture? #TImBosma

Can't remember if Marlena took it. Says it wouldn't be his mother or Elizabeth. Pedo the dog? "That would be more likely than my mother."

Smich says he trusted Daly "to an extent." Sachak says he trusted Daly enough to have him sell drugs for him.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

"To a certain extent, you told Mr. Daly, I f--ked up, I f--ked up," Sachak says. "Yes, because I went with Dell that night," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:44 PM

"He didn't say Mr. Smich told me, I f--ked up because Mr. Smich told me he went with Dell," Sachak says. Smich says that's what he told him.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

"He said the first part and left out the last part," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

Peter Akman &#8207;@PeterAkmanCTV 14m14 minutes ago
"Did Peto the dog take the picture of you with gun." Millard Lawyer. "That would be more likely than my mother." Smich. #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak asks who took the photo. He doesn't recall. Sachak asks if it was his mother. He says no. #Bosma

More likely that Pedo the dog took the photo than his mother. Laughs in court. Justice Goodman says the editorializing is not helping.

Alex Pierson &#8207;@AlexpiersonAMP 14m14 minutes ago
Doesn't know who took the picture. Suggests pedo the dog took it. MS says more likely than his mother taking photo. @AM900CHML

Doesn't know who took the picture. Suggests pedo the dog took it. MS says more likely than his mother taking photo. @AM900CHML

Judge chides Sachak again after he jokes "I knew we should subpoena Pedo the dog" #TImBosma

Millard lawyer: That's YOUR gun. The one YOU used to kill Mr. Bosma? Smich: That is incorrect Sir #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

"Is there any reason why you would want to hold onto the gun?" asks Sachak.

Any reason Smich would want to hold the gun? He's not sure. Did he take it home? Come on, that's your gun, Sachak says.

Peter Akman &#8207;@PeterAkmanCTV 14m14 minutes ago
"That is your gun. That is the same gun used to shoot Mr. #Bosma." Millard's lawyer to Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak asks why he wanted to hold onto the gun. He suggests this was Smich's gun that HE used to kill Tim #Bosma. Smich disagrees.

Sachak suggests the gun is Smich's. "The gun you used to shoot Mr #Bosma isn't it?" Smich disagrees. #TImBosma

Sachak" that's your gun. That"s your gun used to kill #TimBosma?" MS "that's not my gun" @AM900CHML

"That's the gun you used to kill Mr. Bosma," Sachak says Smich disagrees. Now looking at another gun photo, from Smich's blackberry

"You took it home? That's your gun. The gun you used to shoot Mr. Bosma with," Sachak says. "Absolutely not," says Smich.

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
We're now seeing another photo of a gun, taken from Smich's blackberry, showing a gun #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Seeing another gun photo now. The one taken on Smich's blackberry. This one:

Cil3n4JU4AAwAee.jpg

Smich says Millard purchased the gun. "that is his gun." #Bosma

Sachak says Smich talked with Christina Noudga on May 10, that's what she testified. Smich says that didn't happen.
by Adam Carter 12:48 PM

"She spoke to Marlena that day," Smich says. Noudga testified she talked with Smich, and he was in a panic.
by Adam Carter 12:49 PM

"What I'm saying is Christina is a liar," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:49 PM

"It's possible that Dell wrote her in the letters to say that," Smich says about Noudga's testimony.
by Adam Carter 12:50 PM

"I never spoke to her," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:50 PM

Boy would it have been fascinating to see how DM would react to cross. Why do I have a feeling he'd be laughing or something with a grin on his face.

My guess is that he would be a mix of CN's arrogance, NS's grand statements and a dose of slick and slimey used car salesman. Perhaps we will see him take the stand in his upcoming trials...isn't he representing himself in those ones?

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 15m15 minutes ago
Smich says he took the pic on his Blackberry. Sachak says Millard bought the gun and gave it to Smich, that's why he took the picture.

Smich admits he took a picture of the gun after Millard bought it. Sachak suggests Millard bought it for Smich. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Sachak suggests Millard purchased the gun and gave it to Smich. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 15m15 minutes ago
Court seeing another photo of gun found on Smich's Blackberry. Smich says he took it after Dell bought gun.

Colin Butler &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC 15m15 minutes ago
Smich says they both took pictures of the gun. #Bosma

Smich disagrees. Both of them took pictures of the gun. "I don't understand the importance of taking a picture." #TimBosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
Sachak asks why he took the photo and saved it on his phone. Smich says "I don't know." #Bosma

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says he doesn't know why he took the photo of the gun, and kept it on his phone #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Alex Pierson &#8207;@AlexpiersonAMP 15m15 minutes ago
Smich insists it's DM gun. "Del took pics of the gun. I took pics of the gun. I don't get the importance of taking a pic w a gun."

Who did he show the picture to? He doesn't recall. It's the same Walther PPK in both photos. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
"I don't know what was going through my mind at that time," says Smich. He says Dell also took pics of gun.

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 16m16 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says it's the same gun, from the other photo where we partially see his face. #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

"So you're saying she lied under oath about talking to you?" Sachak asks. Smich again says he didn't talk to her on May 10.
by Adam Carter 12:51 PM

Smich again says Noudga was lying.
by Adam Carter 12:51 PM

He says Marlena Meneses spoke with Noudga, and he told her to say he wasn't around.
by Adam Carter 12:52 PM

He can't recall who he showed the photo to. Agrees it's the same Walther PPK as in the other photo. #Bosma

Smich says it's also the same gun as the one in the photo with Millard's fingerprint. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
No secret that it's a real gun, Smich agrees. #TimBosma

"It's the same one Millard's fingerprint was matched to," Smich adds #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Smich agrees it was a real gun. #Bosma

Same gun was on Dell's phone, Smich says. Did I ask you that? Sachak

He is doing it on purpose because he knows MS will not tell the truth where the gun is.

And the questioning is not designed to find the gun , it is designed to ruin MS credibility as a witness , and that is exactly how it is working out.

The questions may sound stupid but they are clever .... for example ....

Sachak asks if Smich camped out in the forest that night and roasted Marshmallows. "No I didn't bring any marshmallows with me," Smich says.

Notice how easily MS can recall he did not bring marshmallows to the forest .... yet he keeps saying he doesn't remember anything because he was stoned and drunk. This is a good lawyer and he is just getting stared. If he can undermine MS credibility it undermines MS testimony that DM did everything. That is the whole purpose.
I don't agree. If you said to me "where were you May 1 and who were you with and what did you have for breakfast that day. Etc", I would not remember ANY of it.
If you asked me if I went to a campfire and roasted marshmallows on May 1st I know I wasn't at a campfire that night. Doesn't mean I recall the events that day though.

So things are getting hot now. I remember when CN testified about talking with MS that night that she went into a bit of elaboration that struck me as an outright lie. IMHO, MS is doing a good job on the stand- and I may be amongst the minority, but I do believe him. MOO

Smich says it's same gun from "two finger photo." Says it is a real Walther PPK and it was used to shoot #Bosma.

Peter Akman &#8207;@PeterAkmanCTV 16m16 minutes ago
The gun in the blackberry, the gun with your fingers on it, is the same gun that killed Mr. #Bosma. Smich "correct." @CTVNews

Alex Pierson &#8207;@AlexpiersonAMP 16m16 minutes ago
Smich says the gun we've seen in all pics is same gun. @AM900CHML

Smich's lawyer has an objection.

Colin Butler &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC 16m16 minutes ago
Smich says the gun in the photo is real. It's the same gun in all the photos, including the one where police got Millard's fingerprint.

Also same gun in photo from Dell's phone, volunteers Smich without being asked...Dungey on feet to object.

So things are getting hot now. I remember when CN testified about talking with MS that night that she went into a bit of elaboration that struck me as an outright lie. IMHO, MS is doing a good job on the stand- and I may be amongst the minority, but I do believe him. MOO

Anything CN remembered struck us as an outright lie.

MOO

Sachak asks what Meneses' day of birth is. Smich says he knows the date, but not the year. Sachak laughs, and there is a murmur in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

Smich agrees he tried to help Marlena out as best as he could when Meneses moved out of her mother's home.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

"This girl who you don't know her date of birth, she end up staying with you for a year?" Sachak says. Smich says about that time.
by Adam Carter 12:55 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member