Bosma Murder Trial 05.16.16 - Day 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the conversation between CN and MS that MS alleges never happened: if it could be proven that CN was lying under oath, what is the penalty for that?

It would have an impact on her bigger charge she will be facing in November.

MOO

Sachak asks what Meneses' day of birth is. Smich says he knows the date, but not the year. Sachak laughs, and there is a murmur in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

Smich agrees he tried to help Marlena out as best as he could when Meneses moved out of her mother's home.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

"This girl who you don't know her date of birth, she end up staying with you for a year?" Sachak says. Smich says about that time.
by Adam Carter 12:55 PM

My ex husband doesn't remember my birthdate and we were together 10 years. He also forgets our kids birthday every year. Some people just suck.

I'm behind in the tweets, just want to mention that I hope Sachak took some time on break to go for a walk outside. Perhaps spending some more time outside of his condo would help take the 'magic' out of the outdoors, and also dispel some myths he is carrying around about the intricacies of riding a bike!

I do maybe see where he was trying to go, I just think his style is so off-putting. Does he actually have a good reputation as a lawyer?

My ex husband doesn't remember my birthdate and we were together 10 years. He also forgets our kids birthday every year. Some people just suck.

I agree, he remembered her birthday, just not the year. I can't remember my wife's or kids years either. I always have to do the math when I fill out insurance forms.

My ex husband doesn't remember my birthdate and we were together 10 years. He also forgets our kids birthday every year.

My dad still gets my birthday and my sister's birthday mixed up and she and I are in our early fifties. Hers is Nov 3 (2 years after mine) and mine is Nov 9. It wouldn't feel like my birthday these days if he didn't mix them up. Haha!!

I agree, he remembered her birthday, just not the year. I can't remember my wife's or kids years either. I always have to do the math when I fill out insurance forms.

I've had to ask my own kids what year they were born when filling out field trip forms. They laugh at me. I'm getting better at it, so by the time they all move out, I'll have it memorized. And I was there when they were born!

I think I posted that link a few days ago :) I have a family member who used to smoke pot daily from his teens until his late 20's and it's had a horrific affect on his memory. Now in his 50's it's something he struggles with all the time, and wishes he could go back & change :(

Oh sorry I missed it! :) My 21 year old son is a "big fan" and it is probably my biggest worry about him long term. :(

Let's see what MS says about AM's statement when Sachak gets to the conversation at Millard's house at around 5:00 p.m. on the 5th.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17s17 seconds ago
Their excuse for not stealing the truck on Saturday: "Mark was sick." Meaning #Smich

MS claims it was only a scoping mission, but DM tells AM they didn't steal IT's not because it was only scoping and waiting until dark. The excuse shows that the mission was to steal it if the opportunity presented itself.

If Sachak doesn't want to go there, I hope the crown does.

MOO

I'm behind in the tweets, just want to mention that I hope Sachak took some time on break to go for a walk outside. Perhaps spending some more time outside of his condo would help take the 'magic' out of the outdoors, and also dispel some myths he is carrying around about the intricacies of riding a bike!

I do maybe see where he was trying to go, I just think his style is so off-putting. Does he actually have a good reputation as a lawyer?

He doesn't seem like a great one to me but he's doing enough. Smich is just being stupid. Why not say "I rode my bike to the entrance of the wood then started walking for maybe 45 minutes. It was dark so I really don't know what direction I was headed. Sorry, I can't help you any more than that".

I've had to ask my own kids what year they were born when filling out field trip forms. They laugh at me. I'm getting better at it, so by the time they all move out, I'll have it memorized. And I was there when they were born!

I still mix up my boy's names when I'm talking to them. Sometimes they get addressed as .... who ever you are. LOL

Is it just me, or was that COMPLETELY out of line?

I'm way behind....but I don't think Sachak is doing himself any favours with the jury.....I'm annoyed with his badgering of the witness.....he's been stuck on the same question for hours.....not going to debate the veracity of MS's testimony, but MS seems to be maintaining his composure and is at least consistent with his answers. Can we move on? (they likely have moved on....I realize I'm many pages behind...)

all MOO

Oh sorry I missed it! :) My 21 year old son is a "big fan" and it is probably my biggest worry about him long term. :(

I hope he doesn't regret it years down the road. I'd be worried too though. Young people do such dumb things. :(

Not alone at all. I would hide it either way.

I do think, however, that MS is hiding something here, and that he pulled the trigger. I mean, why is he saying he forgets where he hid the gun? To protect DM?

I think we all know the answer to that question. He's already thrown DM under the bus.

I am sticking with the fact that I think his sister got rid of the gun when she came across it at his mother's house and he is covering for her by saying he buried it. I think he is telling the truth when he say he has any idea where it is. JMO

He doesn't seem like a great one to me but he's doing enough. Smich is just being stupid. Why not say "I rode my bike to the entrance of the wood then started walking for maybe 45 minutes. It was dark so I really don't know what direction I was headed. Sorry, I can't help you any more than that".
Well because then he wouldn't have been able to find his way back to his bike if he said that

I have to step away for the afternoon so thanks for those who were posting tweets and who will be this afternoon. It really saves a ton of time catching up. You folks rock. :)

This is the daily trial discussion thread. Please stop the back and forth bickering over CN's social media account.

:tyou:

Not sure if anyone's still around, here's a recap of Adam Carter since lunch.

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 2:20 PM

Sachak says Smich told Meneses that Millard shot Bosma and burned the body, and that he "is in essence, innocent." "I am innocent," Smich says.

Sachak says it's very clear Smich was shocked about what happened. Smich says he was "absolutely terrified."

Smich says on May 6 he "absolutely scared. I felt that I had no choice and I felt threatened.

Sachak says according to Smich's evidence, he wanted to move away from Millard after May 6. Smich says he was trying to stay away, but not show him that because he was afraid.

Sachak says according to Smich's evidence, the only thing he did wrong was to go there to scope out a truck. "That was the plan," Smich says.

Smich agrees that Meneses wasn't involved in Bosma's death at all.

Smich agrees he's absolutely certain that he was innocent and it's Millard's fault that Bosma died.

"My involvement was emptying out and cleaning out the truck," Smich says.

"May 10, in your mind, Dell is where he should be - in jail for killing an innocent human being," Sachak says. Smich agrees.

Smich says he was relieved that Millard was around, and says Meneses didn't want Millard around either way.

"She would tell me not to hang out with him," Smich says.

Smich was arrested on May 22, alongside Meneses.

"You yell to her, 'don't tell them anything,'" Sachak says. Smich says he also told her to speak to a lawyer first. "I said both those things," Smich says.

If DM testified, few people, if any, would give DM any excuse for memory loss if he answered questions like CN and MS, IMO. All the psychology stuff would be used against DM and not considered for how he could legitimately be forgetful, IMO.

All MOO.
I would have no issue looking at his statements the same way I look at MS statements. Perhaps others would struggle to but I don't think I'd have an issue. But if it were DM (judging by how he's acted during the trial so far) I wouldn't be surprised if he was smug like CN IMO. I'm sure MS was told to stay calm and don't act out.

Sachak points out Smich can remember what he said to Meneses on May 22. #TimBosma #Bosma

(Oops)

Don't tell them anything because I f--ked up is what you're communicating to her, isn't it?" Sachak says. Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 2:38 PM

"I was just very taken back by everything," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 2:38 PM

"When you say don't tell them anything, you weren't trying to protect Dellen Millard, were you?" Sachak says. "At the time, I was," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 2:39 PM

"You're trying to protect Dell, the guy who killed an innocent human being? The guy I'm scared of?" Sachak asks. "It was also because of my involvement after the fact," Smich says.

"The way that I was feeling, I was just confused and trying to seek legal advice at that time," Smich says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties