Bosma Murder Trial 05.16.16 - Day 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think maybe she lied about that? These people all found out from someone. Looks like MM lied about seeing it on the news as well? But I think we already knew that.

MOO

Going back to that old debate, I wonder what purpose it would serve her to lie about it? She doesn't like CN, so it's not like she would be protecting her?

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich recalling his conversation with Michalski about delivering the drugs. He wanted them delivered. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer getting frustrated by Smich's lack of answers and memory loss. #Bosma @CTVNews

****LOL...know he knows how TD felt questioning CN.

For people who are smarter than I am--why DID those people lie about when they found out DM had been arrested?

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Now onto May 11. Marlena had to be at work that afternoon. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Marlena goes to work on May 11. She testified she had to work at 4 p.m. May 10 Smich called Michalski about drugs.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak now asking about Smich being in Meneses' sister's apartment on May 11. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asks if he asked her for her key that afternoon. He says only Elizabeth Meneses had the key. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
"Come on sir... you remember!" Millard's lawyer to the constant stream of "I don't knows..." Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he didn't have the key because their dog wasn't there in the apartment. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s44 seconds ago
As of May 10 Smich and Marlena were staying at Elizabeth's. Meneses family had dog named Dakota which also stayed at Elizabeth's sometimes.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He didn't have a key so was stuck in that apartment. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"I didn't step out of the unit. I stayed there," says Smich. Eventually he gets friend Arthur to help.

Sachak is asking several more similar questions about who had a key for the apartment and when Smich could leave the apartment and get back in.
by Adam Carter 3:23 PM

Now taking the afternoon recess. Back in 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 3:24 PM

(Need someone else to pick up Adam Carter's blog if there's any more of this riveting testimony today. Link here: http://live.cbc.ca/Event/The_Tim_Bosma_trial_May_16 )

Think maybe she lied about that? These people all found out from someone. Looks like MM lied about seeing it on the news as well? But I think we already knew that.

MOO

Lots of people lying. Its making this cross examination less effective. When Smich is asked "Is everybody else lying?" i seriously had to chuckle.

For people who are smarter than I am--why DID those people lie about when they found out DM had been arrested?

Well considering all the "tampering" MB and CN did after finding out about the arrest, maybe they were protecting MB, CN and their own actions? I don't think we've heard everything that was said and done once that information was out.

MOO

I am not smarter than you but....I think there is some shady things going on with how quickly ppl knew of the arrest (I have always thought someone had to see it go down....he was boxed in in his Yukon on a busy street at gun point)....someone had to notify someone while it was going down....essentially this group was a few hours ahead of LE and had time to do what they did....move things wipe things ect. I think the tip off re arrest could be obstruction???

He and Marlena had roughly stayed there from May 10-19. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak asking several similar questions about who had a key for the apartment and when Smich could leave the apartment and get back. #Bosma

We're now taking the afternoon recess. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich interrupted his own testimony: "I have a question. I'm supposed to go off of my own memory not..." he hesitates. Judge orders break.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Jury out for break.

I am not smarter than you but....I think there is so shady thing going on with how quickly ppl knew of the arrest....essentially this group was a few hours ahead of LE and had time to do what they did....move things wipe things ect. I think the tip off re arrest could be obstruction???

Yeah! But who?

CN?
MB?
MM?
local news?

MOO

IMHO, it's a fantasy to be thinking that everyone can remember everything to exacting standards- especially when the s$#@ is hitting the fan. I think adrenaline, confusion and a good dose of fear can get things really messed up. During the course of this trial, we've seen witnesses making additional statements right before they're testifying. I honestly believe that none of them remember things as clearly as they think- that's why if you witness something they always tell you to write it down immediately. I somehow don't think that any of these people wrote anything down- so there's inaccuracies and memory lapses right across the board. Just human nature. MOO

I am not smarter than you but....I think there is some shady things going on with how quickly ppl knew of the arrest (I have always thought someone had to see it go down....he was boxed in in his Yukon on a busy street at gun point)....someone had to notify someone while it was going down....essentially this group was a few hours ahead of LE and had time to do what they did....move things wipe things ect. I think the tip off re arrest could be obstruction???

I guess part of it is I don't know how arrests work there. We haven't heard reports that anyone was with DM when he was arrested (unlike MS), so presumably he was processed and then got to make a phone call? Or calls? I'm assuming first call(s) would be to MB/CN.

IMHO, it's a fantasy to be thinking that everyone can remember everything to exacting standards- especially when the s$#@ is hitting the fan. I think adrenaline, confusion and a good dose of fear can get things really messed up. During the course of this trial, we've seen witnesses making additional statements right before they're testifying. I honestly believe that none of them remember things as clearly as they think- that's why if you witness something they always tell you to write it down immediately. I somehow don't think that any of these people wrote anything down- so there's inaccuracies and memory lapses right across the board. Just human nature. MOO

But you would think at least one event would line up?

MOO

My guess is there is at least as much false memory as lying. Memory is waaaay less reliable than we think it is. It's kind of fascinating really, and we're all vulnerable to it.

I guess part of it is I don't know how arrests work there. We haven't heard reports that anyone was with DM when he was arrested (unlike MS), so presumably he was processed and then got to make a phone call? Or calls? I'm assuming first call(s) would be to MB/CN.

We get arrested, and then they ask us if we want Tim Hortons and if we'd like a hockey puck to play with while we wait. Then a few people come by to say sorry for stuff. Sometimes there's maple syrup involved as well. Swear to god. :p

I have no expereince with an arrest but I would think there is a window of time to allow a "phone call". ie: so many hours after being taken in for questioning. I would suspect that LE tried to extend allowing his call to the maximum allowable time before a lawyer can argue he was wrongfully treated while being questioned.

Well considering all the "tampering" MB and CN did after finding out about the arrest, maybe they were protecting MB, CN and their own actions? I don't think we've heard everything that was said and done once that information was out.

MOO

Common them in this trial has been for witnesses to deny any knowledge of anything illegal. Simple fact is that I believe ever single one of them knew by the 7th that Millard and Smich had killed TB. However they found out, My guess is that none of them want to be associated withe the person that called or they don't want to implicate that person. My guess is that CN did indeed call and that she knew that Millard had been arrested and exactly what for long before she went to MB's house. But for CN to know that, she must have had prior knowledge of the crime, which is a whole other kettle of fish. My guess is AM figured it out and called CN who then got in touch with MB (who may have already been informed). I think JV and MM hearing it on the news was just a mistake of memory. I think they were aware of Millards arrest for theft on the 10th but the real shock was when he was charged with murder the next day, Thats what they remember because that was the more important event.

We get arrested, and then they ask us if we want Tim Hortons and if we'd like a hockey puck to play with while we wait. Then a few people come by to say sorry for stuff. Sometimes there's maple syrup involved as well. Swear to god. :p

You forgot about cutting snowflakes out of folded white paper so we can hang them up in between good cop/bad cop switches.

I have no expereince with an arrest but I would think there is a window of time to allow a "phone call". ie: so many hours after being taken in for questioning. I would suspect that LE tried to extend allowing his call to the maximum allowable time before a lawyer can argue he was wrongfully treated while being questioned.

The way you are arrested and the conditions set by LE depends on the crime involved. Don't ask me how I know this.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aburke