Bosma Murder Trial 05.16.16 - Day 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no expereince with an arrest but I would think there is a window of time to allow a "phone call". ie: so many hours after being taken in for questioning. I would suspect that LE tried to extend allowing his call to the maximum allowable time before a lawyer can argue he was wrongfully treated while being questioned.

AM could have used "Find My iPhone" to see that Millard's phone was at a police station after Millard failed to return home or answer his phone. I also wonder why Millard would exit the QEW at Cawthra if he was en route to any of his known residences. Could he have been on the phone with someone and noticed he was being followed? So he exits to make sure and the person on the phone hears the arrest?

Court now resuming, and the jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 3:48 PM

AM could have used "Find My iPhone" to see that Millard's phone was at a police station after Millard failed to return home or answer his phone. I also wonder why Millard would exit the QEW at Cawthra if he was en route to any of his known residences. Could he have been on the phone with someone and noticed he was being followed? So he exits to make sure and the person on the phone hears the arrest?

Wouldn't DM being on his phone at time of arrest show in evidence? Unless it was argued out.... He was going somewhere when arrested and MS knows where he was with MS before arrest.... Or at least at MM apt

Smich says he called his friend Arthur to pick up the drugs and the toolbox after MIchalski and Hagerman had dropped it in Oakville in a maintenance stairway.
by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

At this point Smich was under a court order not to contact Arthur, and he knew that.
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM

Smich says Arthur got there, he asked him to meet up with Andrew to pick up the drugs. He used a bike to get there.
by Adam Carter 3:53 PM

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich recalling his conversation with Michalski about delivering the drugs. He wanted them delivered. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer getting frustrated by Smich's lack of answers and memory loss. #Bosma @CTVNews

****LOL...know he knows how TD felt questioning CN.

On May 11, via MM's phone, MS texted the following to AM:

2:22 pmSmich (Meneses phone) texts Michalski: "Tell him were [sic] its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing."

Why didn't NS show this text to MS, because after reading the latest batch of tweets, MS seems to be saying that he didn't say "the other thing" to AM ... That AM said it to him???

MOO and confused ...

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
#Bosma jury coming back now.

Jury back. Smich back to not remembering. Millard's lawyer back to asking peculiar questions. #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asks how he got ahold of him. Smich says he called his house phone (only way to reach him). #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich doesn't think Elizabeth Meneses had a land line so believes he used a cell phone. Not sure if Marlena's or someone else's. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says he called his friend Arthur to pick up the drugs and the toolbox after MIchalski and Hagerman had dropped it in Oakville #Bosma

Smich agrees at this point he knew there was a no-contact order between him and Arthur. He violated that. #Bosma

Smich says Arthur would've arrived at some point after Marlena left. "I asked him to go meet up with Andrew." #Bosma

Cawthra is the easiest, most direct, route to Maplegate? Next two exits are either West Mall or 427...each of those involve backtracking.

Smich says he got directions from Michalski, and he passed on the location of the drop to Arthur.
by Adam Carter 3:54 PM

Sachak asked why Arthur did this. "He didn't have anything to do, he doesn't really have any friends," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

He says he doesn't think he paid him anything.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

He says Arthur had a bike. He directed him where to go, based on where Andrew had told him the stuff was. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He says Arthur was going to get something else for him, but he can't remember what. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he got directions from Michalski, and he passed on the location of the drop to Arthur. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
Smich says he tried to call Brendan Daly first but he didn't pick up. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich says he told Arthur where to go to pick up the weed. Dungey on his feet, objects to Sachak interrupting Smich's testimony.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now3 seconds ago
Arthur couldn't find it. Smich talked to Andrew again. Arthur went out again and found it. Smich says he didn't pay Arthur.

Smich's lawyer stands up and in legal terms tells Millard's Lawyer to back off. #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich adds he believes his name is spelled Arturo not Arthur. #Bosma

Sachak asks why Arthur agreed to this. Smich says he didn't have anything to do, didn't really have any friends. #Bosma

Sachak says Daly referred to Arthur as Smich's "b...h." Smich says he also said everyone was like that to Arthur. #Bosma

Sachak says not everyone is on trial. #Bosma

Smich says Daly testified Arthur would so stuff for anyone. He was bored and didn't have anything to do. #Bosma

Can anyone break this down for me?

@AdamCarterCBC
At this point Smich was under a court order not to contact Arthur, and he knew that. #TimBosma #Bosma

What? Isn't this before he was even arrested?

Sachak asks if Smich referred to Arthur as his "*****," as Daly testified. Smich says he hasn't referred to him that way.
by Adam Carter 3:58 PM

"So Daly is wrong and testified to that?" Sachak says. "No, because it's his opinion," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 3:58 PM

Smich says he would have told Arthur he was picking up drugs.
by Adam Carter 4:00 PM

@AdamCarterCBC
At this point Smich was under a court order not to contact Arthur, and he knew that. #TimBosma #Bosma

Yes for their graffiti charge earlier.

MOO

Sachak asks "did you or did you not refer to Arthur as your b...h." Smich says he did not. #Bosma

Sachak asks then if he's saying Daly lied under oath. Smich says Daly said Arthur was "like Smich's b...h." #Bosma

Smich says Daly's not lying. It was his opinion. #Bosma

Sachak asks then how he got Arthur to go get the drugs. He says he called him and told him to come over. #Bosma

Smich says at first he wasn't sure what it was, he said he thought it was just a bag of weed. #Bosma

Sachak asks if he told Arthur it was drugs he was going to get. Smich says yes. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Smich says he essentially told Arthur to go pick up drugs. When he comes back without it, he sends him out again. Gave him smokes.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Sachak suggests "he was prepared to work free for you Mark Smich." Smich says "I wouldn't say work and I wouldn't say free." #Bosma

Smich says they probably hung out, and he might have given him a couple of smokes. "He was prepared to do illegal errands for you," Sachak says. "If I asked him to go get me a pick of cigarettes he'd go do that too," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 4:01 PM

Smich says Arthur was a "good kid" without many friends, so he let him hang around. "You did him a favour to bring drugs to you?" Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 4:02 PM

Sachak says Smich must have said he was surprised to get the toolbox. Smich says that wasn't his reaction.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

Millard would usually keep his narcotics in the toolbox, and in his fridge among other places, Smich says. "He would have lots of different hiding spots where he would keep drugs," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 4:04 PM

That's why, Smich says, he wasn't surprised to see the toolbox at the outset. He was surprised when he opened it and found a gun.
by Adam Carter 4:05 PM

"Dell usually keeps drugs in his toolbox. He keeps it in other places in his house -- different kinds of drugs in different places," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 4:06 PM

Smich says they probably hung out, and he might have given him a couple of smokes. "He was prepared to do illegal errands for you," Sachak says. "If I asked him to go get me a pick of cigarettes he'd go do that too," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 4:01 PM

Smich says Arthur was a "good kid" without many friends, so he let him hang around. "You did him a favour to bring drugs to you?" Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 4:02 PM

Sachak says Smich must have said he was surprised to get the toolbox. Smich says that wasn't his reaction.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

<rbbm>

Two Oakville men are facing charges in connection with a Nov. 13 incident that saw a 23-year-old Oakville man beaten and robbed in the area of Maidstone Crescent.

http://images.halinet.on.ca/OakvilleImages/Images/OI002474502pf_0003.pdf

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak suggests these were illegal errands. Smich says if he asked him to go get him cigarettes, a beer, he'd do that too. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Arthur was prepared to do illegal errands for you for a couple of cigarettes?

"Like i said he was just bored," Smich says. #Bosma

"You felt so bad for Arthur that you directed him to transport drugs for you?" Sachak asks. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
"If I asked him to go get me a pack of cigarettes, he'd go do that too," says Smich.

"He was a good kid, he didn't really have too many friends. So I let him hang around."

"He respected that I gave him respect," says Smich. Sachak says it was Smich manipulating "vulnerable boy" to deliver drugs.

Smich says he showed Arthur respect and let him hang around, and he respected that respect. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He assumed there would be other kinds of drugs in the toolbox, he says. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Millard would usually keep his narcotics in the toolbox, and in his fridge among other places, Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

***That's why the toolbox didn't surprise him..."bring me all the drugs". Even DM said in his letters that MS said that to AM.

@AdamCarterCBC

Sorry I don't have a link for this, but, IIRC, Arthur and Smich had been charged together earlier for spray painting graffiti, and had a no contact order because of this charge.

"When I opened it, then I was surprised," Smich says. Sachak asks him who gave him the permission to break the lock and open it.
by Adam Carter 4:07 PM

"What gave you the authority to open a toolbox that belongs to Dellen Millard, according to your evidence?" Sachak asks. Smich says it's usually not locked, and he expected to find drugs.
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM

Sachak says the lock suggests it was not to be opened.
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member