Bosma Murder Trial 05.16.16 - Day 49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You had the opportunity to bring some peace to the Bosma family," Sachak says about the gun.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

Great drama question, but the fact that according to MS, DM wiped the phone down. And when he received the gun (according to his story), it was wrapped in a cloth. 99% chance it was wiped down. Only thing it would show is MS did bury it, and it was the gun that fired the spent casing.

MOO

Or there were two guns and the one that MS has was not the one with the spent casing.

Had to step away this afternoon to actually work, so just catching up now. ^^^^^^^^^ Totally agree with this take in things, Kamille and I'm glad you had the energy to write it! I'm too tired to say much after reading all the tweets and comments. I wonder how much longer DM's defence counsel will drag out their cross?

One thing I will say about MS, whatever the truth is about his involvement in this crime, I do get the impression that he deeply regrets it now. It's too bad he didn't serve any time before in jail (that I know of) for his other more minor crimes because had he spent some time behind bars he may have had second thoughts about risking his freedom again.

All MOO.

One thing I've been wondering, would it be possible that MS tried to make a deal with the crown, but they refused, as they felt they had enough to get him for first degree? Would the public have been made aware of this, or is it possible it's being covered up by legal arguments til the jury is sequestered?

Because he enjoys seeing people suffer? Just a guess. He's a vile human being.

His legal counsel would advise him against improvisation. He would be coached to stick to his original statements. The only thing that this cross is showing is that he is every bit as selective an unreliable as SS and CN.

Maybe he's buying time because the legal team took the weekend off and aren't ready yet with their questions. IMO

He's just trying to establish to the jury that MS and DM were close like brothers and that MS looked up to DM like a big brother. So of course DM had to help him out with his mess. It's like a mother telling a child, "tell your father what you did today" when they have done something wrong. LOL Or trying to make the jury think that an appeal from DM means that he is disappointed in MS for not telling the truth.

MOO

He is implying that it wasn't DM who buried the gun. It wasn't DM who had the opportunity to come clean to the Bosmas. He is basically saying ....It is you MS.....just confess to the shooting.

Well MH and AM had a falling out because of "lies that were told". I think one of them knew the gun was in the toolbox before giving it to Smitch.

Especially since it was dropped at MH house in the middle of the night. When you've just committed murder or been a part of it the first reaction from DM is to get rid of the drugs? Not buying it.

Personally I think a toolbox full of drugs and a toolbox with a gun would feel very different. And the question was asked. What's in here, a gun?

Then the paranoia sets in. Why did no one want to meet up or GO to MS if it was just some weed? The cowards left it in a stairwell which wasn't even where MS said to leave it. If it's just weed, what's the big deal?

Jmo

Very good points. So many details to try and remember and keep straight.

Or there were two guns and the one that MS has was not the one with the spent casing.

Agree! Could be, and that is my point, he has no reason to put on the amnesia routine if there was not something fishy about the story. Did it have something else buried with it? Was it even buried, and not disposed of some other way?

I would be trying really really hard if I knew it could help me check out of the crowbar hotel several years early. He doesn't show that attempt.

MOO

‏@ShannonMartinTV [video=twitter;732224054493630464]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/732224054493630464[/video] Toronto, Ontario Millard's lawyer raises voice as he says 'you had the chance to bring peace to the Bosma family' Smich says nothing #Bosma #HamOnt

Well...so did DM and perhaps even CN IMO. But here we are. Sadly.

IMO This is DM's lawyer's way of saying.....you did it MS...you had the chance to bring peace to the Bosma family and you are lying about everything. In other words MS stating that it was DM that shot TB is a lie and DM's lawyer is backhandedly calling MS a liar by saying he does not believe that MS does not remember where he buried the gun. Implying that the reason MS won't say or cannot remember where he buried the gun is because it will blow holes all through his story that DM did it.

I'm curious to how many people would remember. If one was to go out into a forest and bury something if they'd really know where exactly they buried it. Be in the frame MS claimed to be in (scared, frantic etc). Don't look for special trees, rocks or anything iconic to where you bury your item and in the dark. Go back in 3 days and see if you can find your item. I'm going to say, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't find my item or even be able to tell you where its location is. Other then, in a forest somewhere and which forest.

It shows that there was a reason why DM didn't give it to MS, and why MS reuses to allow it to be discovered. There is obviously something about that gun that makes it clear that MS used the gun, and they both know it, in my opinion.

That is exactly where I think this is going. I wonder if there is two guns and the one he buried is not the gun with his prints on it. Or the gun that would match the casing in the truck. And MS knows it.

If his lawyer believed in his story 3 years ago, he would have recommended that he co-operate with and speak with LE, including the truth about the gun, to avoid the 1st degree charge and try to plea out to a lesser charge.

MOO

But, LE would not have finished the investigation and the lawyer wouldn't know how much they had on him at that point. Even DM assumed they didn't have much. "he was just a normal guy who shopped at Costco." IMO

I just watched the press conference that was held after DM's arrest was announced with DP, DM's original lawyer. Kamille reminded me about it tonight. DP said he couldn't get into the framing aspect and that multiple suspects were being sought. Can you imagine what MS must have thought if he saw and heard DM's lawyer speaking about the case? I'd think it likely that MS would assume DM had been talking to his lawyer and maybe even to the police, or that police knew about others involved and that could have caused MS to become paranoid and think DM was going to blab about MS and set him up as the fall guy.

I think that both DM and MS were only interested in saving their own hide and both were prepared to deny any involvement in TB's murder and to place all the blame on the other at all costs to avoid prison, but IMO both were in on everything involved with the crime together all along until they each got arrested. That's when the bond between them began to break, IMO. The only reason either of them had to try and frame the other is because they didn't really trust each other enough to stay silent for long, so both tried to spin a credible story to save themselves and to take the other one down. Neither of them was prepared to sacrifice their own freedom for the sake of the other and everything they did after their arrest was all about self- preservation. Now it may be hard for the jury to know which one to believe and that just may result in a conviction for 1st degree murder for them both.

All MOO.

I'm curious to how many people would remember. If one was to go out into a forest and bury something if they'd really know where exactly they buried it. Be in the frame MS claimed to be in (scared, frantic etc). Don't look for special trees, rocks or anything iconic to where you bury your item and in the dark. Go back in 3 days and see if you can find your item. I'm going to say, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't find my item or even be able to tell you where its location is. Other then, in a forest somewhere and which forest.

He knew how to get back. Not buying he didn't know. He was a BMXer, and they know every bike trail behind their house.

I hear what you are saying, but it was familiar terrain to him, and he most likely gave some thought to where it would be safe from LE search technology.

MOO

Regardless of which one of these creeps shot Tim, knowing where the gun is or even having it tested to prove DNA/prints either way, how in the world would that bring peace to the Bosma family when nothing could bring Tim back?

If it was a family member of mine that was murdered I would want to find out who, what, when and why. I would want to know that everything that could be done was done in order to get the answers to these questions and that the criminals faced the courts.

His story would have much more credibility if it had been told to LE 3 years ago and not after all discovery, evidence and testimony has been presented. Just saying.

MOO

That is so true, no matter what side of the fence you are sitting on..

I just watched the press conference that was held after DM's arrest was announced with DP, DM's original lawyer. Kamille reminded me about it tonight. DP said he couldn't get into the framing aspect and that multiple suspects were being sought. Can you imagine what MS must have thought if he saw and heard DM's lawyer speaking about the case? I'd think it likely that MS would assume DM had been talking to his lawyer and maybe even to the police, or that police knew about others involved and that could have caused MS to become paranoid and think DM was going to blab about MS and set him up as the fall guy.

I think that both DM and MS were only interested in saving their own hide and both were prepared to deny any involvement in TB's murder and to place all the blame on the other at all costs to avoid prison, but IMO both were in on everything involved with the crime together all along until they each got arrested. That's when the bond between them began to break, IMO. The only reason either of them had to try and frame the other is because they didn't really trust each other enough to stay silent for long, so both tried to spin a credible story to save themselves and to take the other one down. Neither of them was prepared to sacrifice their own freedom for the sake of the other and everything they did after their arrest was all about self- preservation. Now it may be hard for the jury to know which one to believe and that just may result in a conviction for 1st degree murder for them both.

All MOO.
I always found it interesting how right away the "framing aspect" was mentioned.

What wasn't funny was the marshmallows and sleeping at the Bosma's IMO. Very poor taste and unnecessary

I think the Bosma reference was odd, but in a sly way he reminded MS of what it was all about. IMO

IMO Smich knows where the gun is. At the very least the general area. But obviously it's in his benefit to say otherwise. It's too bad because the fingerprints and experts may be able to determine a lot from that. It would be interesting to see if there would be any conclusive evidence as to who killed Tim because there could be all sorts of fingerprints on that gun IMO.

I don't think Pillay has much to fall back on. And obviously he knows he his team has to be careful not to implicate DM further.

How could DM be implicated any further than he already is? It would take a whole team of lawyers to do that.

Hard to imagine that if they only wind up getting MS on a AATF conviction, he could be on the street almost immediately, given the three years he's already served and the typical parole schedule.

He is implying that it wasn't DM who buried the gun. It wasn't DM who had the opportunity to come clean to the Bosmas. He is basically saying ....It is you MS.....just confess to the shooting.

And while implying it was all on MS, neglects to mention it was DM's tool box, DM's gun, DM who put the gun in the tool box and locked it and made darn sure it wasn't in his possession. In other words, doing exactly the same thing MS did: getting rid of the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4