Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Smich says he raps about lots of things he didn't do. Cars he didn't drive, gun he didn't have etc. "These are just rhymes," he says. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
"I rapped about a Cadillac, I never had one, don't even have a license. I don't have a gun, I never owned a gun." Smich about rap #Bosma

Sachak says again this is about killing someone. Smich says this is just a rhyme. Sachak asked if he's finished. #Bosma

"I'll kill you, and make what is yours mine. That's what you're saying," Sachak says. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 51s51 seconds ago
"It has nothing to do with reality," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 45s45 seconds ago
Smich says it has nothing to do with reality. It's just a rhyme. Sachak says "well it's not like give peace a chance." #Bosma

"It is just a rhyme, it all goes together, and it has nothing to do with reality." Smich about his rap lyrics. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"The rhyme means I kill you and make what is yours, mine. You wrote it, you sang it. Tell us." It's just a rhyme, Smich insists

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"Nothing to do with reality," Smich says. "It doesn't talk about peace," Sachak says. "Not that segment, no" Smich agrees.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"Well it's not like 'Give Peace a Chance,' is it?" Sachak says. "I'm sorry, is that a rap song?" Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich asks "is that a rap song?" #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich repeats, it's an art form. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He says this one was a freestyle. #Bosma

Smich says in hip hop as an art form, you can lyrically kill someone. Like in a battle. #Bosma

"Your brain generated the words which then came out of your mouth. Right sir." Millard's lawyer to Smich about his rap #Bosma @CTVNews

One line Sachak quotes again is "I'm a killer check my design." #Bosma

In part of the video, Smich raps "I'm a killer, check my design" #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Smich says this was a freestyle rap, not something previously written.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

"I've never owned or done any of those things, sir," Smich says about guns, money and violence.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

"What it means is it's a rap. The rhymes flow -- If any of you are familiar with rap, Eminem or other rappers, they have violent raps, but they haven't done them," Smich says, looking at the jury.
by Adam Carter 11:05 AM

"Well it's not like 'Give Peace a Chance,' is it?" Sachak says. "I'm sorry, is that a rap song," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

Not that it should, but that gave me a chuckle. He is a little too quick with the wit. He should save some for day 7.

MOO

I had to laugh, too. But I'm completely reassessing him now. He's way quicker than I first thought. His own ego might hurt him here - he's better off with the jury thinking he was DM's dumb lackey.

(Reading ahead in tweets, MS is continuing to protest a bit, speaking directly to the jury about the nature of rap lyrics. Seems like that's probably a bad idea, but of course I wouldn't know. (Not there, not a lawyer, etc.) It's interesting that this is a subject he's really pushing back on. Maybe the only thing that was/is really important to him?)

I feel like this cross-examination has just entered the magical forest in Crazytown. I really hope Sachak moves on soon. Thanks for the tweets, Tweeters! I hope the rest of your day isn't spent turning everything you read or think into a rap rhythm..

I had to laugh, too. But I'm completely reassessing him now. He's way quicker than I first thought. His own ego might hurt him here - he's better off with the jury thinking he was DM's dumb lackey.

Coming across like he is playing Sachak, and possibly the whole court. Not good for a guy who had a previous day of claiming amnesia.

MOO

Gotta love his comebacks

"Well it's not like 'Give Peace a Chance,' is it?" Sachak says.
"I'm sorry, is that a rap song?" Smich says.

I agree he needs to be careful! But at the same time, if the jury is as annoyed as I am with DM's defence team, then this "new" side to MS might work. Honestly, I'm finding it is making him a bit relatable.

"'Peace b****, you're deceased, b****.' Is that what you thought when you killed Mr. Bosma?" Sachak says. "I was not even in the vehicle when Dellen Millard shot Mr. Bosma," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

"You talk in your raps about killing people and you face a first degree murder charge, correct?" Sachak says. "That's correct," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

"There's a two fingered photo of you holding a 380 gun and you write about 380, right?" Sachak says. Smich says yes, but there's also a picture of Millard holding the same gun.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

I'm torn; this is all very standard gangsta rap posturing nonsense, but I can see it being very damaging to MS with the jury, especially if they're not familiar with this genre of music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta_rap

But I've said all along he was a wanna-be gangster.

I don't agree with it being damaging. If it is, then the jury is stereotyping IMO.
That's like saying all bikers are Hell's Angels. I have known "bad looking biker types", who have no association to bike gangs.

I agree he needs to be careful! But at the same time, if the jury is as annoyed as I am with DM's defence team, then this "new" side to MS might work. Honestly, I'm finding it is making him a bit relatable.

(I'm still reading slightly ahead of the tweet posters (but I'm leaving in a minute for lunch so these posts of mine will stop). MS is outright arguing with Sachak, it seems. Overall I think this MAY be a bad move for Smich, because now Sachak/DM knows what topic really gets under MS's skin: his rap.)

Sachak continues to try to dismantle the lyrics for their literal form. Smich maintains it was just a song. #Bosma #HamOnt

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
"Like I said, I rapped about Cadillacs and guns. I've never owned either of those things." Smich says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s45 seconds ago
Rhymes about "dangling you from a roof." Why? "It's a rap. The rhymes flow. Eminem, others, rap violent things they've never done before."

Smich turns to jury: "if anyone of you are familiar with rap...they have violent lyrics, they say things they've never done before." #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 58s59 seconds ago
Smich says just because Eminem says it in a rap, doesn't make it true. #Bosma

He says just because it's in a rap doesn't mean it's true. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich is now explaining to court "that just because it's said in a rap and it rhymes doesn't make it true." #Bosma

"Tell the cops anything and you die on the news." Smich lyrics. He says "just words that rhyme together." #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 58s58 seconds ago
Sachak continues quoting lyrics. Asks if this is what he thought when he killed Mr. #Bosma. "I did not kill Mr. Bosma," Smich says.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"Peace *****. You're deceased kid." Is that what you were thinking when you killed Mr. Bosma? asks Sachak. Smich says he didn't kill #Bosma

"I was not even in the truck when Dellen Millard shot and killed Mr. #Bosma for his truck," Smich fires back.

"...then parked his truck on his mother's property," Smich continues. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"F..k with me say10" is that what you said to Mr #Bosma before he died? Sachak asks Smich

Smich says Sachak asked yesterday about profiting from selling the gun. "Dell was profiting from Mr. #Bosma's truck. That's what happened."

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"I was not even in the vehicle when Dellen Millard shot Mr. Bosma," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks him again about what he was thinking when he killed Tim #Bosma. Smich says again he wasn't there

Sachak says he rapped about killing and is facing a first degree murder charge. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Sachak says he heard Brendan Daly testify that Smich referred to Arthur as his *****. Smich asks to see a transcript. #bosma

"Don't play games, don't try to be smart with me... ANSWER THE QUESTION!" Millard's lawyer to Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak raises his voices, 'answer the questions!' #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak repeatedly tells him to answer the question. Smich suggests he's misleading the jury. #Bosma

Sachak says the judge, the lawyers, would object if that's the case. Answer the question. #Bosma

Smich says Daly said Arthur "was LIKE Mark's *****." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 54s54 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak keeps interrupting Smich while he's speaking, paces as he cross examines. #Bosma #HamOnt #Smich

Back and forth. Back and forth. Millard's lawyer vs. Smich. Cross examination getting heated. #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich says yes, he writes lyrics about my 380. "Myself and Dell would write rhymes, and Dell did shoot Mr. Bosma with his 380."
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Smich says yes, he did refer to Marlena Meneses as his b****. Smich says yes, he was "very disrespectful to her."
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

"Do you write about drugs in your songs sir?" Sachak bellows. Smich says not really.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

MS vs Sachak .... MS is winning

"'Peace bitc*h, you're deceased, bitc*h.' Is that what you thought when you killed Mr. Bosma?" Sachak says.

"I was not even in the vehicle when Dellen Millard shot Mr. Bosma," Smich says.

Sachak points out how Smich never went to police, and in his lyrics he talks about avoiding the police.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

We're now taking the morning recess.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

Back in 20 mins.

by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

I too find him very quick today. The thing is, he is cleaned up now, most likely he can't or won't use dope where he is locked up. When people are stoned all the time, they way of thinking is completely different from how they would think or reason when they are clean.

Sachak asks if he wrote lyrics about a 380. Smich says yes--he also wrote about a 9. #Bosma

Sachak asks if #Bosma was killed with a 380. "Dellen did shoot Mr Bosma with his .380," Smich says.

Sachak: Do you write lyrics about a 380? Was Mr. Bosma killed by a 380? #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
"Dell did shoot Mr. #Bosma with his 380." Smich to Millard's lawyer @CTVNews

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak seems really aggravated. He's pacing and clenching his jaw. Smich is keeping his cool. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich repeats Millard shot Bosma with Millard's own gun. #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich remains calm on the stand, answers questions with 'sir' despite Millard's lawyer raising voice. #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak asks if Marlena testified that he referred to her in public as his "*****." Smich says yes he was disrespectful to her. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich says the .380 he wrote about wasn't same as gun that killed #Bosma. Meneses testified Smich called her "his *****" in public.

Millard's lawyer "Answer it now!" #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
"You write about *****es in your songs, you're a drug dealer, and write about drug dealing." Millard's lawyer yells at Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"Do you write about drugs in your songs sir?" Sachak bellows. Smich says not really. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak trying to get yes or no answers from Smich. He responds by trying to add context. #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak asks again. Smich says maybe yes. #Bosma

Sachak: You never went to the police sir, not once? Smich: That's correct. #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak suggests he never once went to police. Smich agrees. "And in your lyrics you write about avoiding the police," Sachak says. #Bosma

Smich agrees. "It's a rhyme sir," he says. #Bosma

Taking the morning recess. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Justice calls for morning break. #Bosma #HamOnt

(I'm still reading slightly ahead of the tweet posters (but I'm leaving in a minute for lunch so these posts of mine will stop). MS is outright arguing with Sachak, it seems. Overall I think this MAY be a bad move for Smich, because now Sachak/DM knows what topic really gets under MS's skin: his rap.)

Reporters have said that Sachak is clearly irritated and that MS seems to be keeping his cool very well. It has sounded like he has been direct with Sachak and in control to me. jmo

I agree but it also shows that MS has spunk and doesn't fear authority or have many qualms about challenging it. MS wants us to believe he couldn't go against DM and yet his confident posturing in court today makes me question even more that MS was so intimidated by DM after the murder that he couldn't speak up for himself and had to just go along.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member