Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporters have said that Sachak is clearly irritated and that MS seems to be keeping his cool very well. It has sounded like he has been direct with Sachak and in control to me. jmo

(Thanks. Right after I posted I saw tweets to that effect (MS's voice remaining under control), I think I was making incorrect assumptions based on the fact that he was "talking back" at all.)

"There's a two fingered photo of you holding a 380 gun and you write about 380, right?" Sachak says.

Smich says yes, but there's also a picture of Millard holding the same gun.

Smich says yes, he writes lyrics about my 380. "Myself and Dell would write rhymes, and Dell did shoot Mr. Bosma with his 380."

Sachak is making it worse for DM ... if he was hoping to trip up MS the exact opposite is happening .... those blurted out answers by MS will have a lot of sway with the jury.

I can see why Sachak is getting riled up, he really isn't doing his client any favours this morning. Hoping he pulls something else out of his sleeve after recess.

Anyone think that this is DM's defense plan? Or is it going off the rails?

IMO, Sachak's "strategy" at this point is to antagonize MS for as long as possible in the hopes of provoking MS to "snap" (scream / have an outburst, etc.). This can only benefit DM's case if the jury sees MS as a violent aggressor. It's a last ditch attempt at a defense... a "hail mary" play that will almost certainly fail, but could (albeit unlikely) change the dynamics of the case if it's successful.

We have to remember we are only getting snippets in these Tweets. With that said...I think this is highlighting very clearly that DM's Defense team really has nothing to work with. If convincing the jury that MS' rap lyrics reflect real life actions then they truly have nothing. After yesterday's marathon "where is the gun?" cross examination, the jury may very well be right onside with MS' quips back at Sachak. If it is true that MS is maintaining his composure and Sachak is getting frustrated...DM is done, done, done! (see what I did there?) MOO

I think poking at the lyrics is rediculous. So many songs that have hate, killings and guns. MS is correct, not all these rap artists have guns or have killed people. I think Country music portrays the artists lives more then a rap artists, specially a wanna be gangsta.

MS doesn't write about drugs but that's something he did and sold. That should say something right there.

If DM's defence believes that MS is lying about how TB was killed, why wouldn't they go through the time frame from when they left the Bosma residence until when they claim MS shot him? And make their suggestions as to what actually happened? They do not have to go through any of the aftermath. If they choose not to do this, I completely believe that DM shot TB.

Still not sure if it was planned and if both knew this would happen however.

MOO

<modsnip> I am having a hard time understanding how this is relevant, and yet DM's lawyer keeps going at it like there is something here that will shed poor light on MS or better light on DM. I just don't see it, so it seems ridiculous.

I think Sachak is turning it into a circus, and being disrespectful himself to the deceased Tim Bosma. No matter what the legal strategy, the way he brings this up (I don't obv have his tone through tweets) his verbage, seems rude in that sense. JMO.

I can see why Sachak is getting riled up, he really isn't doing his client any favours this morning. Hoping he pulls something else out of his sleeve after recess.

Anyone think that this is DM's defense plan? Or is it going off the rails?

Cross is supposed to be yes and no answers I believe. That is not happening. So I guess for DM's defense, it is going off the rails?

MOO

IMO, Sachak's "strategy" at this point is to antagonize MS for as long as possible in the hopes of provoking MS to "snap" (scream / have an outburst, etc.). This can only benefit DM's case if the jury sees MS as a violent aggressor. It's a last ditch attempt at a defense... a "hail mary" play that will almost certainly fail, but could (albeit unlikely) change the dynamics of the case if it's successful.

and the very opposite could happen if MS continues to keep his cool, take shots at DM and get Sachak to snap. MS must understand that he can't expect good results if he continues to be a wise guy sprinter in this marathon.

MOO

If DM's defence believes that MS is lying about how TB was killed, why wouldn't they go through the time frame from when they left the Bosma residence until when they claim MS shot him? And make their suggestions as to what actually happened? They do not have to go through any of the aftermath. If they choose not to do this, I completely believe that DM shot TB.

Still not sure if it was planned and if both knew this would happen however.

MOO

Excellent. Yes, this. Interesting to note where they are focussing - trying to put holes in his character, not in the events he has testified to have transpired.

"There's a two fingered photo of you holding a 380 gun and you write about 380, right?" Sachak says.

Smich says yes, but there's also a picture of Millard holding the same gun.

Smich says yes, he writes lyrics about my 380. "Myself and Dell would write rhymes, and Dell did shoot Mr. Bosma with his 380."

Sachak is making it worse for DM ... if he was hoping to trip up MS the exact opposite is happening .... those blurted out answers by MS will have a lot of sway with the jury.

I agree, Smich is acting like someone that is innocent and is stressing that at every point. He's well prepared, but the key word there is "Acting".

The newspaper article titles should read today. Day 2 low life criminal making high priced lawyer look even more foolish than usual. Sorry Sachak your questioning is making your client look even worse and your annoying. Time to cut your loses and end this now.

The newspaper article titles should read today. Day 2 low life criminal making high priced lawyer look even more foolish than usual. Sorry Sachak your questioning is making your client look even worse and your annoying. Time to cut your loses and end this now.

Or Sachak outfoxed by a convincing coyote.

MOO

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says he heard Brendan Daly testify that Smich referred to Arthur as his *****. Smich asks to see a transcript. #bosma

Peter Akman &#8207;@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
"Don't play games, don't try to be smart with me... ANSWER THE QUESTION!" Millard's lawyer to Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak raises his voices, 'answer the questions!' #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak repeatedly tells him to answer the question. Smich suggests he's misleading the jury. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says the judge, the lawyers, would object if that's the case. Answer the question. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Smich says Daly said Arthur "was LIKE Mark's *****." #Bosma

RSBM
I find it speaks volumes that TD is NOT stepping in at all. It sends a silent message saying "you're doing well".
As well, MS asked to reference a transcript and he was denied. So he's going from "memory". I'm not even sure of the exact wording BD used and I was
following the trial quite closely. Therefore in this case, whatever MS says he remembers for this question will now likely be taken as truth.
I don't get the defense here. MS is answering the questions, and at the same time, sticking it to DM.

Funny, I don't think I've heard a single 'I don't remember' today. He has no problem improvising answers when it isn't about the carefully constructed story Dungey made. Maybe NS should go back to asking about the actual crime and see if he snaps his mouth shut tight again.

What if MS' rap lyrics talked about being caught up in a big mistake, or hinted at his friend killing someone and him not having anything to do with it? Would people think they were relevant then?

MS' rap lyrics by themselves are proof of nothing. But, they are another small piece of the puzzle that shouldn't be completely disregarded.

I agree but it also shows that MS has spunk and doesn't fear authority or have many qualms about challenging it. MS wants us to believe he couldn't go against DM and yet his confident posturing in court today makes me question even more that MS was so intimidated by DM after the murder that he couldn't speak up for himself and had to just go along.

All MOO.

I'm not a drug user but to my limited knowledge, drug use makes you paranoid, and jumpy etc etc etc
Not that it's an excuse, but now that he's off the narcotics and weed, that could be the reason why his responses are how they are today.

Well if that's his goal, it's rediculous as well. Who doesn't snap? I just had my daughter at the hospital all night. The doc asked her the same question 10 times when she finally snapped and told him off. She did it out of frustration. I snapped on the stand when defense asked me about the ground I was standing on...20 friggin times! IMO, When a defense has to dwell on one thing, that means they have really nothing much to deflect their clients guilt.

What if MS' rap lyrics talked about being caught up in a big mistake, or hinted at his friend killing someone and him not having anything to do with it? Would people think they were relevant then?

MS' rap lyrics by themselves are proof of nothing. But, they are another small piece of the puzzle that shouldn't be completely disregarded.

One possible narrative I've gone back and forth with is that MS DID consider himself to be a real gangster, including murder if necessary, right up until TB was killed--and then he realized he couldn't actually handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog