Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MS vs Sachak .... MS is winning

"'Peace bitc*h, you're deceased, bitc*h.' Is that what you thought when you killed Mr. Bosma?" Sachak says.

"I was not even in the vehicle when Dellen Millard shot Mr. Bosma," Smich says.

This one made me actually snicker .....................

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
"I was not even in the truck when Dellen Millard shot and killed Mr. #Bosma for his truck," Smich fires back.

"...then parked his truck on his mother's property," Smich continues. #Bosma

‏@susanclairmont [video=twitter;732600874468581376]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/732600874468581376[/video] Sachak's questions drip with sarcasm and absurdity: Was the bag of weed hanging from the chandelier? #Bosma

It would be nice if Sachak took this trial seriously all the way through. I'm all for humor but sometimes he's a bit unnecessary with his comments IMO. Let's not forget a man died here.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asks if his eyes were open when he was looking at his sister and she said get everything out of the house. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich insists he can't remember his sister's state at that time. "It's not clear in my head." #bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He suggests again she was in a panic. Smich says it was 3 years ago, says exact conversations or how people looked is not clear in his head.

"You can't tell honestly anybody in this courtroom what her state was? Whether she was in a state of panic?" Sachak asks.

Smich says he can't.

Smich says she would've come over, told him about the phone call from media, and told her to get everything out of the house.

He says it smelled like marijuana so she knew there were drugs there. He says he had it in one of the rooms he was using at the time.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 46s46 seconds ago
Sachak asks how much he had there. Smich says it was an open unsealed bag. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich says it was an open bag of weed. Sometimes in a brief case, a night table. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Sachak's questions drip with sarcasm and absurdity: Was the bag of weed hanging from the chandelier? #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks where the bag was. was it on a curtain, on the bed, hanging from a chandelier?...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
Sachak asks where he went to get rid of the drugs. He says he sold it to a couple of people. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 52s53 seconds ago
Smich says he sold the weed "to a couple of people." #bosma He smoked "quite a lot" and Marlena smoked some too.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
He says he smoked quite a lot and Marlena would've smoked some too. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Smich didn't get rid of all the weed, he says. He sold some. "I couldn't give you an exact anything."

He says he smoked quite a lot and Marlena would've smoked some too. #Bosma

Smich says some of the drugs was stashed at his mom's, some was at Elizabeth Meneses's.

Smich again says he doesn't know how much money he made off of that weed, or how much of it they had smoked.
by Adam Carter 11:57 AM

Sachak now asking about if anyone else other than Marlena Meneses or Brendan Daly made suggestions about getting rid of the gun.
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

"Ultimately you obeyed a suggestion made by someone else," Sachak says. Smich agrees.
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

Sachak is now back to the gun, and who told him to get rid of it. Marlena, Brendan Daly. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Sachak suggests ultimately Smich obeyed a suggestion from someone else and buried it. He agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Marlena suggested he get rid of gun. Took Daly's suggestion and went out and buried it, says Smich.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 58s58 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak now going back to the gun - who's idea was it to bury the gun? Where is it? #Bosma #HamOnt

***And...we've come full circle. I guess they don't want to talk about when their client shot the victim?

Smich says he was "very foolish at the time" for burying the gun.
by Adam Carter 12:00 PM

Smich was 25 on May 6, 2013, when Bosma disappeared. Meneses was 19 at the time, Sachak points out.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

Smich says he believes she was 20. "A gap of five years ... wasn't that significant to you an age gap with your girlfriend?" Sachak says. Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 12:02 PM

"Were you trying to control and influence somebody who was five years younger than you?" Sachak says? Smich again says no.
by Adam Carter 12:03 PM

The age gap between Smich and Millard is two years, Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

"The fact that he was two years older did not matter to you, what mattered is a friendship," Sachak says. "I guess that's fair," Smich replies.
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 3m3 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer asking if Smich's friends and gf are at fault for him getting rid of the murder weapon? "I was foolish" #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says that'd be correct. Adds he was "foolish" then. #Bosma

Mark Smich was 25 at the time. #Bosma

Marlena was only 19, Sachak says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak once again says to Smich 'you're playing games' #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich was 25, Marlena was 19 or 20 when #Bosma was killed. Sachak asking if that age gap was significant. Did he dominate her?

Sachak now talking about the age gap between Smich and his gf. She was 19-20. He was 25. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"No, when I seen her at the Tim Hortons, I don't know, I fell in love with her right there," says Smich. #Bosma

Sachak suggests Smich was trying to manipulate/dominate someone so much younger. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 3m3 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer "were you trying to manipulate, control... dominate Meneses with 5-yr age gap?" Smich "no, I fell in love with her." #Bosma

***Again...bigger age gap between their client and his girlfriend. SMH

Sachak now talking about video games Smich played with Millard online. Smich agrees that they can be violent.
by Adam Carter 12:05 PM

Sachak now asking about Halo and Halo Wars. Halo is a first person shooter, Halo Wars is a strategy came.
by Adam Carter 12:07 PM

Sachak pointing out that on May 6, 2013, Smich only had a grade 10 education. "I got suspended and then I left and then I started selling drugs," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:08 PM

MS is clean today, vs 3 years ago. When your in a drug induced haze 24/7 I would assume your way of thinking would be very different. JMO

A person's underlying character is ingrained by adulthood IMO and I do think DM's defence team has to attack MS's character and credibility on the stand. Their style is not popular and may be the most tedious method for observers, but I do think there is method to their madness. MS can't use being stoned or drunk as an excuse for his behaviour at the time when he and DM planned to steal a truck, and then the owner was murdered. I highly doubt that either DM or MS were under the influence when the theft and murder and subsequent incineration of TB's body was being done. From all the videos, neither had any trouble driving the trucks or operating equipment, burning evidence, stripping TB's truck and then ending their mission in a celebratory mood. MS has a strong yet selective memory, IMO, but when he can't recall details he blames it on drug use and/or drinking or stress or paranoia or fear. It's all just too convenient and that does hurt his credibility, IMO.

I'm not convinced that MS had a good character or credibility at the time of the murder, and that's all that really matters. If MS is making positive changes in his life now, good for him, but TB will never have a chance to live up to his potential or demonstrate his fine character again, and that must never be forgotten. MS was not have thinking or acting straight back in 2013, but he chose to go on a very dangerous mission with DM, and he accepted the challenge and knew the risks involved, IMO and now he has to face the consequences for that very bad decision.

All MOO.

‏@susanclairmont [video=twitter;732600874468581376]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/732600874468581376[/video] Sachak's questions drip with sarcasm and absurdity: Was the bag of weed hanging from the chandelier? #Bosma

It would be nice if Sachak took this trial seriously all the way through. I'm all for humor but sometimes he's a bit unnecessary with his comments IMO. Let's not forget a man died here.

I'm quite happy the media in the courtroom are noticing this from NS. The last time it was brought up about the defense, we were led to believe by media members they were all good lawyers and none of them were bad. Which may be true, however in reference to this specific case, we can clearly see how DM's "defense" team are very disrespectful to the Bosma family.
I suppose like anything else we all have different opinions on the topic, IMO I prefer to follow someone like Susan Clairmont and Adam Carter who have been in the courtroom daily since day 1 and with the Bosma's. If they can see it's absurd, surely members of the jury and others are feeling the same. Goodman himself seems irritated at times, or that may be just my armchair perception.

Smich says he believes she was 20. "A gap of five years ... wasn't that significant to you an age gap with your girlfriend?" Sachak says. Smich says no.

Was it for DM and CN?
Was it for DM when he was hitting on Marlena?

MOO

Sachak now talking about video games Smich played with Millard online. Smich agrees that they can be violent.
by Adam Carter 12:05 PM

Are we really going there? Did you know 100% of murderers are found to have high concentrations of hydrogen hydroxide in their bloodstream?

"What led me to stop is I didn't want to go back to school," Smich says. Sachak says his last suspension was for having mushrooms at school.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Smich says he was close to 20 when he stopped going to school.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

Sachak now asking about Smich's employment at a croissant place. He says he was there for about a year.
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

The age gap between Mark Smich and Dellen Millard is 2 years. #Bosma

He suggests it's an irrelevant age gap. Smich says he doesn't understand. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The age gap between Smich and Millard is two years, Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
He says he treated Dellen Millard like family. #Bosma

eter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer back to mocking Smich about "being in love" and his friendship with Dell. Smich unsure what to answer. #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak suggests he played with video games with Dellen. Smich says that's correct. #Bosma

Sachak suggests the games can be violent. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Sachak says he played them, Marlena played them, Dellen, Michalski etc. Smich says lots of people played. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich: "Not all of them are violent. Same as raps." #bosma

Sachak now moving on from Smich's 'violent' rap lyrics, to violent video games he played. #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich is now explaining Halo and Halo Wars. Building bases, conquering etc. #Bosma

Sachak says Smich has a grade 10 education. He says he has a GED now. Agrees that's all he had back in May 2013. #Bosma

Sachak asks why. He says he got suspended, then stopped going, started selling drugs. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak pointing out that on May 6, 2013, Smich only had a grade 10 education. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich admits he had 'lots of suspensions.' #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak asks why he got suspended. Smich says he had lots of suspensions. #Bosma

Sachak says he wants to know what led to him stopping his education. He says what stopped him was not wanting to go to school. #Bosma

Smich says he was "very foolish at the time" for burying the gun.
by Adam Carter 12:00 PM

Smich was 25 on May 6, 2013, when Bosma disappeared. Meneses was 19 at the time, Sachak points out.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

5 yrs is a significant age gap for a relationship???? Ummm?

Smich says he was around 16 years old at the time.
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

Now saying he was around 14.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

Smich says he doesn't recall how many hours a week he'd work because it was so long ago.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

Rap lyrics and video games. So much for the defense and proof that Millard is 100% innocent like DM's old lawyer said after his arrest. I get where his team is going but to me Sachak is *really* reaching at times. idk why I'm even bothering following this cross.

Smich says he can't remember if he was paid under the table or not.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

Sachak now asking about Smich's high school curriculum mandated community service with the heart and stroke foundation.
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

Sachak now asking Smich about some of his other employment history, looking for specifics on when he worked there.
by Adam Carter 12:15 PM

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
"What led me to stop was I didn't want to go back to school." Smich. Millard's lawyer "because of the mushroom issue." #Bosma @CTVNews

The last suspension was having mushrooms at school. (Magic mushrooms, he clarifies). #Bosma

Smich talks about moving from Mississauga to Oakville, transition between schools, then the mushrooms incident... #Bosma

He says he was close to 20 when he stopped going. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Smich sold mushrooms at his school when he was in grade 10. Then he was suspended. #Bosma @CTVNews

He worked at the Croissant Tree, a family friend's biz at Square One, for about a year. Would've been in high school then. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak now asking about Smich's employment at a croissant place. He says he was there for about a year. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 55s56 seconds ago
Sachak asks how many days a week he worked there. Asks who is boss was. A family friend named Barbara, he says. #Bosma

Sachak asks him again his age. Smich doesn't remember. Says around 14 or that. #Bosma

Both he and his sister worked there. They'd go around the mall handing out coupons to store employees. #Bosma

Sachak asks how they were paid if it was a legitimate job with a T4 or cash job. Smich can't recall, says it was so long ago. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak now asking Smich about his job doing food prep at Square One shopping mall in Mississauga. #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak now asks about Smich's 30 hours of volunteering with the Heart and Stroke foundation. It was for high school requirements, he says.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak now asking about Smich's high school curriculum mandated community service with the heart and stroke foundation. #TimBosma #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
Millard's lawyer now digging into Smich's jobs, volunteering, community service. #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak asks now about Woody Woodchucks. Smich says he worked there a long time ago as well. Sachak asks how long. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Smich says around the same time...he says he lived in Mississauga at the time so it was a long time ago. Can't recall exact year. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s18 seconds ago
Sachak asks how old he would've been. He says approximately 16 or so. "I'm sorry I'm trying to remember if it was before or after," he says

***What on earth is the point of all this?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95