Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a co accused, I certainly wouldn't want this dual trial. Did they have a choice? Seems unfair that MS essentially gets cross examined twice. Not fair IMO.

My theory for most of this trial has been Sachak should probably shut his mouth tight and sit down. I can't think of one useful cross exam this guy did. In fact today has been the worst of them all. Maybe he an tell Smich you appear nervous or was it out in the open. Funny his bullying techniques and trying to show he is the boss is not working at all.

I think TD has done a lot in his excellent cross examinations of witnesses to help convict DM. I also think DM's defence (I had to make a quick fix because auto-correct changed defence to dense! :) ) team has done quite a good job of putting MS and his story to the test. What I think both D sides have failed to do is disprove the Crown's case, so I do think both accused will be convicted. IMO, neither defence side defended their own client directly. The Crown will come out victorious in the end, and TB will have justice.

All MOO.

Funny, I don't think I've heard a single 'I don't remember' today. He has no problem improvising answers when it isn't about the carefully constructed story Dungey made. Maybe NS should go back to asking about the actual crime and see if he snaps his mouth shut tight again.

Well to be fair, I don't think I've heard a single QUESTION come out of NS mouth today. So there's nothing to "remember" or reference.

You will notice there are zero questions about the incinerator or anything that happened while at the hanger etc etc etc that to me is very telling in itself

Court now back in session. Waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 11:41 AM

Jury being recalled.
by Adam Carter 11:41 AM

I think DM defense know what they're doing/have a plan....letting Smich get more and more confident on the stand and show that he can indeed stand up for what he believes in (his rap music)...he's not a pushover, likes control over situations (like DM)...but show the jury that side of Smich, and it discredits his whole "I was so scared of Dellen ' story. Jury aren't seeing someone who would seem easily scared or intimidated (by lawyer OR Dellen... JMO

You will notice there are zero questions about the incinerator or anything that happened while at the hanger etc etc etc that to me is very telling in itself

Maybe they haven't "got there yet". Which could be an indication of how long the jury is going to have to sit through this cross exam. Right now it's all character profiling IMO.
Nothing about the actual events itself.
What have I learned in the past 2 days.
MS buried the gun, he doesn't remember where, and he was into rap music.
Enlightening. (sarcasm)

Sachak starts by saying Smich controlled Arthur. "You treated him like a slave." Smich says "No, sir."
by Adam Carter 11:43 AM

Smich says he was a neighbour, more than a friend.
by Adam Carter 11:44 AM

"You didn't respect Arthur for a moment," Sachak says. "Of course I did," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:44 AM

I think DM defense know what they're doing/have a plan....letting Smich get more and more confident on the stand and show that he can indeed stand up for what he believes in (his rap music)...he's not a pushover, likes control over situations (like DM)...but show the jury that side of Smich, and it discredits his whole "I was so scared of Dellen ' story. Jury aren't seeing someone who would seem easily scared or intimidated (by lawyer OR Dellen... JMO

MS is clean today, vs 3 years ago. When your in a drug induced haze 24/7 I would assume your way of thinking would be very different. JMO

Sachak says Brendan Daly testified that Smich "dominated" Arthur. Smich says Daly said different things under different cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM

"He said lots of different things to each counsel," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:46 AM

Sachak says he's going to play back Daly's testimony.
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Break over. #Bosma jury coming back.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich back in the witness box #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Back. Sachak suggests Smich controlled Arthur. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Back. Sachak suggests Smich controlled Arthur. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"You controlled Arthur. Treated him like a slave," Sachak puts to Smich, who says no. Smich "respected" Arthur with joints and smokes

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 56s56 seconds ago
"You didn't treat him like a friend," Sachak says. Smich says he didn't grow up in Oakville, so those people he considered "neighbours"

Smich disagrees. He'd give him stuff when he didn't have any. Says Arthur was a neighbour more than a friend. #Bosma

Sachak suggests he had no respect for Arthur. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Sachak again references the testimony of Brendan Daly. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s45 seconds ago
"You heard Brandon Daly say you dominated Arthur." Smich says he doesn't recall those words. Says Daly told different stories to diff lwyrs

Sachak: "you heard Brendan Daly say that you dominated Arthur. Very simple. He said that in court." #Bosma

Smich doesn't recall exact words, says BD's testimony differed lawyer to lawyer. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 40s41 seconds ago
Sachak again references Daly's testimony. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"Your other best friend testified you treated Arthur like your servant." Smich says he doesn't recall that.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Brendan Daly testified Smich treated Arthur like "a slave." And he "dominated" Arthur. Smich says he doesn't remember him saying that.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"Usually when they're getting cross examined by you or your friend there I don't pay too much attention," says Smich.

***Ouch LOL

I believe the reason DM's defense is not at all going over the events of May 6/7 is because he knows darn good and well DM is guilty. So avoid that, and pick and prod at MS in other ways. Except I don't think it's working the way he'd hoped (hence the bellowing, pacing, pounding the lectern, etc.)

In it, Daly agrees with Pillay saying that Smich treated Arthur "like a slave."
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

"Mark described Arthur as his b----," Pillay says on the tape. "Yeah," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

Sachak now playing the tape again so there's "no ambiguity."
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

Smich says he was here when Daly said those things.
by Adam Carter 11:50 AM

Smich says he "doesn't pay too much attention" when Sachak or Pillay are cross examining a witness.
by Adam Carter 11:50 AM

At one point before his arrest, Smich's sister showed up and told Smich to get rid of everything out of the house. Sachak asking about that now.
by Adam Carter 11:51 AM

Sachak asking if she was panicking. Smich says he doesn't remember, as he was panicking. She was there because the media called to ask about Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:52 AM

Smich's sister told him to get everything out of the house. "Were your eyes open?" Sachak says. "It's highly likely," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:53 AM

Smich says it has been three years, and he doesn't remember her exact reaction.
by Adam Carter 11:53 AM

Smich says his sister came over and said the media called asking about his relationship with Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says "usually when they're getting cross-examined by you or your friend there I don't pay too much attention." #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says he's going to play back Daly's testimony. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich argues that Brendan Daly said different things to different lawyers throughout his time on the stand. #Bosma

Sachak is playing back the cross-examination of Daly by Ravin Pillay. #Bosma

In it, Daly agrees with Pillay saying that Smich treated Arthur "like a slave." #TimBosma #Bosma

Pillay asks him if Mark treated him as a slave, servant etc. Daly says yes to every question. #Bosma

Sachak asks Smich if he heard that. Smich says he heard a lot of "yeahs and sures." #Bosma

Smich adds that he believes in the beginning Daly also said Mark treated him like a friend. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak wants to play the testimony again. #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak plays it back again. The question from Pillay is "Mark did not treat Arthur like a friend." And Daly says "yeah." #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
"You will play games any time you can sir." Millard's lawyer to Smich. Judge jumps in again and supports Smich. #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich says he was here when Daly said those things. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich says he "doesn't pay too much attention" when Sachak or Pillay are cross examining a witness. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak says he hopes the jury is, and moves on. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asks what his sister Andrea meant when she showed up at Elizabeth Meneses's apt and told him to get the stuff out of the house.

Smich says drugs, there would've been a smell of weed. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak suggests she was in a state of panic. Smich says he was. Can't recall what state she was in. #Bosma

He says CityTV had called their house that day and asked about his relationship with Dellen Millard. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says it was same day @citytvtoronto called his house about Millard. Sister was upset. Smich says he was "in state of panic." #bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer back to mocking Smich and his answers. #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"Usually when they're getting cross examined by you or your friend there I don't pay too much attention," says Smich.

Yikes. Okay, now he is getting too snippy and out of line!

"It smelled like marijuana, so she knew there were drugs there," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

Smich says there was a bag of weed there that was opened.
by Adam Carter 11:55 AM

Sachak now asking where the bag was. "Was it hanging off the chandelier?"
by Adam Carter 11:56 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads