Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smich was around 16 when he worked at a "Woody Woodchucks," he says.
by Adam Carter 12:15 PM

Smich says he was working there for about a year.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Sachak seems to be picking apart Smich's entire employment history from about a decade ago.
by Adam Carter 12:18 PM

Yah..don't tell my wife! She will be even more shocked and appalled with me than she already is...seeing as I am 5 years older than her!

5 years isn't a big difference per se, but college age kids do tend to start flinging pedo (no relation) accusations around if you decide to date a high school age person, so there is some stigma, whether it's really warranted or not.

MS is clean today, vs 3 years ago. When your in a drug induced haze 24/7 I would assume your way of thinking would be very different. JMO

I keep visualizing DM's smugshot at time of his arrest, compared to MS crying and curled up in a fetal position under a blanket during interrogation, and still managing to call Kavanagh "Sir". Quite a contrast.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks where it was. Smich says it was on Dundas between Dixie and Tompkin (sp?) road. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He asks who his boss was. Smich says he can't remember but for this job he was getting a T4. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"Woody Woodchucks" was a restaurant like "Chucky Cheese" where Smich washed dishes etc. He doesn't know how old he was, lived Mississauga

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
He figures he was approximately 16 years. Restaurant was on Dundas near Dixie

Smich worked part time, got minimum wage, got regular cheque and T4 slip. Not sure if that was the case at Croissant Tree.

From here, Smich worked at JC painters for roughly a year. Sachak asks him about how many jobs he did. He can't recall. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak seems to be picking apart Smich's entire employment history from about a decade ago. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He says it was more houses and stuff than commercial job sites. Sachak asks about $. He says it would've depended on size of place.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s43 seconds ago
Sachak asks if he got cheques through that. Smich can't remember. Says this was a very good friend of his at the time who started company

Also worked with J C Painter (Jay and Chris). Off and on when they needed help for about a year.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
"When did you do that job? How many houses did you paint? What were you paid? How many hours did you work? Smich "Not sure" #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Next job Sachak asks about is the motorcycle company. Smich says he worked there maybe a bit over a year. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Smich worked at Stunner's Motorcycle in Oakville in his 20s, under the table, for about a year.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 30s31 seconds ago
"It was originally called Mondo's," Smich said he helped renovate when the company rebranded. Paid cash.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Worked for Stunner's Motorcycle Company in Oakville when he was in his 20s. There for a year or so. Helped renovate it. Paid cash, $100/day.

Sachak asks about other employment. Smich says he worked for Dell. "No I'm talking about legitimate employment," Sachak says. #Bosma

:floorlaugh:

So his big business CEO client doesn't offer legitimate employment?

He's also asking about under the table work at a motorcycle place from when Smich was about 20.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

Sachak says he's talking about "legitimate employment" where you get a T4. Smich says he also worked for Millard and stole things with him.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

"I want your last legitimate job where you worked for a legitimate company," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

Wow! An where did his client ever work? Sounds like MS actually had more "legal" jobs then DM lol

I'm happy he didn't go much further on the Halo games...Geesh, I'd hate to think all my Halo and Call of Duty friends and family are potential murders.

5 years isn't a big difference per se, but college age kids do tend to start flinging pedo (no relation) accusations around if you decide to date a high school age person, so there is some stigma, whether it's really warranted or not.
She was 19 or 20. Lots of younger girls date older guys around that age. I know I did and they didn't control me. I hate to reference this but don't guys generally say... "power of the p?". Lol
It adds no value IMO

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says when he worked with Dell doing "thievery" no gun was ever used. #Bosma

Smich answer to jobs "When Dell and I would go and steal stuff together and no gun was ever used and no one ever got hurt." #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich says he doesn't recall all the jobs he's done. He said he may have worked at Tim Hortons briefly. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachack asking Smich to provide any details on his last 'legitimate' job #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says the last one he can recall is Tims but he only worked there a couple days. Doesn't remember how old he was. Btwn 20/25. #Bosma

***Again...what is the last legitmate job your client ever held Mr Sachak. Not one? Ever?

Smich says he was close to 20 when he started selling drugs.
by Adam Carter 12:24 PM

Sachak now pointing out Smich was "engaged in criminality" (ie selling drugs) before he met Millard.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

Sachak asks if Smich was "working a legitimate job" when he was also selling drugs. Smich says he can't recall.
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

5 yrs is a significant age gap for a relationship???? Ummm?

I think DM's defence is bringing up the age gaps and domination topic because TD always tries to suggest that the older and more dominant DM had great influence over his younger friends which lead them to follow him blindly into crime. Now NS is countering TD's assertion to suggest that MS was dominating the much younger MM, thereby trying to destroy any assumption that MS was being mislead by the slightly older and more dominant DM. I'm not saying this tactic will work, but I think that's the point.

All MOO.

Sachak says he's talking about "legitimate employment" where you get a T4. Smich says he also worked for Millard and stole things with him.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Had a good chuckle at that one as well. MS seems to be on the ball today and Mr S? well not so much, I think he fell off of his.

Smich says he has sold drugs at different periods of time. Started when he was close to 20 years old. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he was close to 20 when he started selling drugs. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests it was well before meeting Dellen. Smich says that's not true. #Bosma

"How old were you when you started selling drugs?" Millard's lawyer. Smich "Around 20 years old in high school." #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he was close to 20 when he started selling drugs. Around the time he met Dell. #Bosma

Sachak says he was engaged in criminality before he met Dell. "In selling drugs, yeah," Smich says. #Bosma

Sachak asks again about legitimate jobs Smich has worked. #Bosma

So he was involved in criminality before Millard. "Um, selling drugs." Sachak says that is considered a crime.

He says there would've been a couple legitimate jobs (that overlapped with drug dealing) but he can't remember.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s33 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Smich has testified he used multiple cell phones. He agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 57s58 seconds ago
He says sometimes he'd switch through phones. #Bosma

"When you were selling drugs as a full time job, were you also working at Tim Hortons or other legitimate job?" Smich isn't sure.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich can't remember all his jobs. Many were under the table, he says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Started using multiple phones "around the time I started selling drugs."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Smich says he would've had 3 phones on and off since meeting Dellen Millard. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Smich had different phones to use for drug dealing.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15s16 seconds ago
Smich usually had about three phones. May 6, 2013, had "probably more than" four phones, some were not connected.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 59s60 seconds ago
Sachak trying to establish when Smich started using multiple phones. Unclear. Smich says he usually had 3 phones.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Sachak asks how many he had in May 2013. Says we saw a photo of 4 seized from Meneses apartment. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s31 seconds ago
Sachak asks why he needed 4 phones there. #Bosma

"There would have been a couple, but I can't recall," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

Sachak now asking when Smich started having several phones. Smich says around when he started selling drugs.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

Smich says he'd have three phones "on and off" since he met Millard.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM

"Why did you need four phones at Marlena's house?" Sachak asks. Smich says in one a track ball was broken, another had a busted screen, and another was an old phone.
by Adam Carter 12:31 PM

Sachak asking why take a broken phone along with him. Smich says he would swap out the sim cards in different phones.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

"Why do you need four phones for nine days?" Sachak says. "Im not sure how to answer that question," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:33 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s31 seconds ago
Sachak asks why he needed 4 phones there. #Bosma

Where is going with this? DM, better known as Evan, was the one using the burner phone.

MOO

Sachak now pointing out Smich was "engaged in criminality" (ie selling drugs) before he met Millard.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

That was never denied Mr S! That's how your client met MS.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
May 6, 2013 he had at least 4 phones. Not all activated. One Dell bought for him.

Smich says one was out of use-had a broken track ball. #Bosma

Another one Marlena's sister gave him and battery died, one Dell got for him as a work phone but screen was broke, and 3rd was an old phone

Sachak asks why he took them all there. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49s49 seconds ago
"Why take a phone that's not working and cancelled to Marlena's sister's place?" Sachak asks. #Bosma

Smich says he would swap out the SIM cards.

Four devices seized from 30 Speers belonged to Smich. Most didn't work -- bad battery, broken screen, etc. So why does he need four?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
Sachak asks again why he needed 4 phones for 9 days. Smich says he's not sure he can answer that. Sachak says it just seems odd. #Bosma

***So does your entire line of questioning so far Mr Sachak. :waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member