Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Treacherous Mark" is doing fairly well on the stand. I'm sure he knew the toolbox contained the gun. I'm not convinced it's his gun or if he shot TB with it though. JMO

Also, where is the photo of DM holding the gun that Smich mentioned today?

He's refering to the "fingerprint" picture of DM holding the gun. The one where only his finger(s) show and the fingerprint expert was able to determine that it was him with the gun.

MOO

I had forgotten about the hose! Another loose end.

After lunch - Sachak ponders the meaning of life, the big bang theory and a brief history of unicorns. I wonder if he is getting paid by the word?

The hose will never be explained but its not hard to figure out as there are only two likely scenarios.

1) TBs ashes were brought home in the flat sided trash can. They were dumped behind the unit but Millard realized he didn't have a hose long enough to wash away the area. He couldn't tell JV exactly what he wanted washed so he made up the BS excuse to flood the entire area.

2) Same as above except that Millard brings home the seat assembly from the RAM and attempts to wash the blood stains out.

Take your pick, I'm pretty certain one of them is what happened.

Think about that question Mr. Sachack. Could it be you client is a big mouthed psychopath that likes to keep everything in the open? Maybe there just isn't any incriminating evidence on Smich's phones. You don't think the crown wouldn't have presented it if it was there? Your client is just a dumb *advertiser censored* sir!

And takes pictures of EVERTHING. Like who takes a picture of an Invoice they made. Ya think one would just save it to file? That's just one of the many I recall at the moment.

I had forgotten about the hose! Another loose end.

After lunch - Sachak ponders the meaning of life, the big bang theory and a brief history of unicorns. I wonder if he is getting paid by the word?

I still think this will be part of CN'S trial. I hope!

Can someone take over Adam's feed at 2:30, I'll be away from the computer. But I can pick it back up if need be at 3.

I keep visualizing DM's smugshot at time of his arrest, compared to MS crying and curled up in a fetal position under a blanket during interrogation, and still managing to call Kavanagh "Sir". Quite a contrast.

And for the most part, things haven't changed. Sure, MS seems a bit more in control of himself now, but DM could pose for the same arrogant shot today, without missing a beat. While MS is up there on the stand calling Tim not only by name but "Mr. Bosma".

No question the jury is seeing the same things.

Well, I'd say that was a more effect cross b DM s lawyer. Getting a truer picture of MS. Drug dealer, Rap artist, graffiti artist, thief, alcoholic, treats his girlfriend like crap. Doesn't sound like he was the kind of guy who would never participate in such evil. Hmmm. Starting to look more guilty in my mind.

IMO its quite the opposite, I think MS is making DMs attorney look bad. It seems he keeps damaging his own client more than MS. Yeah sure MS was not a choir boy but it does not mean he is a murderer. To me it keeps showing it was DMs gun, it was DMs idea it was DMs desire to have the truck, it was DMs incinerator, it was DMs crew, DM played Halo, DM wrote rap lyrics too, DM DM DM all over the place. It is entirely plausible IMO it happened the way MS says it did. Is he guilty of AATF? likely, or maybe 2nd degree due to knowledge of the crime (which still has not been proven that MS knew of the entire plan ahead of time IMO, it is weak at best) I do, and I suspect at least a few jurors would have to think similarly. Every day IMO DM looks MORE guilty with NS questioning MS. The ONLY thing I am left troubled with is that stupid gun!!!

MOO

I haven't followed this trial as closely as I would have liked. My first instinct was that DM was using MS and that MS was not that bright. But when MS took the stand I felt like it was just to bring focus to the evidence that looked worst for DM and made himself look like a young kid riding a bike or skateboard that was scared out of his wits. I absolutely know that I'm biased because of LB and just can't seem to separate the two, so there's that. And I really am surprised that MS is holding up so well. I've felt like Sachak was trying to get MS angry to show that side of him but it doesn't seem to be working.

I keep forgetting that Sachak has to be careful because of his client but feels the need to show that MS was a bad guy and DM had no record. Is he trying to make it look like MS was the one that corrupted DM? I think that ship has sailed and DM cooked his own goose with the letters.

I'm really on the fence again and I hope the Crown can put this away. I don't think MS is scoring points by being a smart aleck but if he can keep his temper in tack he may be OK. He's much more composed and much less scatter brained than I originally thought. JMO

Wow! An where did his client ever work? Sounds like MS actually had more "legal" jobs then DM lol

I'm happy he didn't go much further on the Halo games...Geesh, I'd hate to think all my Halo and Call of Duty friends and family are potential murders.

No kidding, I'd have to put a lock on my 15 yr old (honor roll) son's bedroom door. :facepalm:

MS has maintained his composure well during the cross-examine by Sachak. However, his cool confidence and snappy responses are not consistent with the "scared, innocent dupe" or "thief but not a killer" image that he has tried to portray to the jury. He's showing that he's not easily swayed by authority, and likewise I doubt that he would have been a pushover for DM either. His version of the events of May 6, 2013 lacks any credibility IMO because he has had the advantage of fitting a story to the admissible evidence. It's more likely IMO that MS was a willing co-participant in the murder of TB, and his testimony is a last-ditch effort to weasel his way out of it.

I don't know. Still on the fence about MS. Gets up on the stand in his own defense and so far other then "being there" I'm not sure what other solid evidence there is on him?
Nothing on his phones. Some shotty testimony from a few people of he said she said. He points out CN is a liar which most of us have concluded. So to me that discredits her. I really feel he may end up with AATF at this point. Characterizing doesn't make someone guilty, I'm sure the jury is seriously questioning his testimony at this point which is what his defense needs. I think TD was counting on this. Jmo

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

DM's defence team were likely not expecting that MS would take the stand and then when MS decided to they had to scramble and try to destroy his credibility in any possible way. They want to grill MS on the stand for as long as they can while hoping to trip him up. They have to grasp at straws and try to draw things out with MS because otherwise it would appear to the jury that DM is conceding defeat. DM has nothing to add his his own defence and nothing left to lose.

DM likely informed RP and NS about all MS's known vulnerabilities i.e. MS's pride in his rap songs; MS's protective, loving and loyal feelings for MM and his family, the phones maybe because DM knows what MS did with the SIM cards, etc. I think DM and his defence team likely believe that DM will be convicted and DM is determined to have his D expose MS as a lying, thieving murderer too because DM will not accept that he's going down for the crime without taking MS down with him. DM's defence in this trial is in his own mind the ultimate mission...."Yet To Be Realized".

All MOO.

I think DM's defence is bringing up the age gaps and domination topic because TD always tries to suggest that the older and more dominant DM had great influence over his younger friends which lead them to follow him blindly into crime. Now NS is countering TD's assertion to suggest that MS was dominating the much younger MM, thereby trying to destroy any assumption that MS was being mislead by the slightly older and more dominant DM. I'm not saying this tactic will work, but I think that's the point.

All MOO.

I find Sachak a rather clumsy lawyer, but IMO he is making points to the jury - of more benefit to the Crown's case than his own, that's for sure. Whether that was his intention or not, he is showing here the 'predator food chain'. DM with control over MS: MS with control over Arthur, and on it goes. I think he has proved today that MS is no 'weak little amateur drug dealing follower'. One would expect being on the stand for 1st degree murder to be 'shocking, scary and confusing'. Seems MS isn't phased by it one little bit.

What questions do you all think the crown will throw at Smitch? Let's not forget there's still going to be that to destroy him. I think if anyone takes him down it may be the crown. Not DM's defense

MS has maintained his composure well during the cross-examine by Sachak. However, his cool confidence and snappy responses are not consistent with the "scared, innocent dupe" or "thief but not a killer" image that he has tried to portray to the jury. He's showing that he's not easily swayed by authority, and likewise I doubt that he would have been a pushover for DM either. His version of the events of May 6, 2013 lacks any credibility IMO because he has had the advantage of fitting a story to the admissible evidence. It's more likely IMO that MS was a willing co-participant in the murder of TB, and his testimony is a last-ditch effort to weasel his way out of it.

At the same time, he's been sitting in court for the last 3.5 months listening to all this evidence and if what he is saying is true, I can see how he would be upset and frustrated and snippy with Sachak. If someone was talking to me the way Sachak is talking to MS, I would likely be throwing back some quick remarks as well. He's had a long time to listen to DM's team try and throw him under the bus. He's doing very well on keeping himself together and whether he was trained well by Dungey or he's just genuinely telling the truth, I can't say for sure. But I do enjoy the snap backs to Sachak IMO He's had it coming tbh

I don't know. Still on the fence about MS. Gets up on the stand in his own defense and so far other then "being there" I'm not sure what other solid evidence there is on him?
Nothing on his phones. Some shotty testimony from a few people of he said she said. He points out CN is a liar which most of us have concluded. So to me that discredits her. I really feel he may end up with AATF at this point. Characterizing doesn't make someone guilty, I'm sure the jury is seriously questioning his testimony at this point which is what his defense needs. I think TD was counting on this. Jmo

Exactly my thoughts. I think there is sufficient reasonable doubt that the evidence has not/cannot dismiss.

I posted before I read yours, billandrew. You said it so well, I needn't have bothered :winko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes