Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to know what the judge's demeanor is towards Sachak, if there is anything to perceive at all, from someone who is in the courtroom today.

I am planning on attending tomorrow or Thursday. If Sachak is still up then I will take note of how the judge is reacting. Although from the tweets so far, he has shut Sachak down multiple times and backed up Smich so I have a feeling he's annoyed with Sachak by now.

I'm torn; this is all very standard gangsta rap posturing nonsense, but I can see it being very damaging to MS with the jury, especially if they're not familiar with this genre of music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta_rap

But I've said all along he was a wanna-be gangster.

I was thinking the same thing. I could separate the two because if every hip hop lyric or heavy metal lyric were based on reality there would be a lot of people behind bars. That said, I do know a lot of people who would feel like it was a reflection on his character. His cockiness is showing today. I wonder if NS is drawing the real MS out?? I think that the jurors may find the banter between the 2 distracting and disrespectful to the process. This is a murder trial and court of law; not Judge Judy or Maury Povich.

Don't get me wrong - I don't like Sachak. But....

Someone tweeted:
@susanclairmont I understand Sachak is trying to make a point but to me he is also making a mockery of this trial and what we're here for..

Response:
‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont
Not true. His style is different, but he is eliciting info/reactions from Smich.

Someone else tweeted:
@susanclairmont I don't see why the judge allows this garbage to continue. It's only hurting DM's case.

Susan's response:
You may not like Sachak's style but it is legally sound and, one can argue, effective.

Sure it can be effective, as I stated in my comment - but not even Susan or any of us know if it's truly effective with the jury until a verdict is reached. It really is an individual thing how someone perceives his style. Obviously he wants to poke holes in Smich's courtroom image/testimony to create reasonable doubt but nothing he's doing so far is going to save his own client DM IMO. I still think they both get first-degree.

I hope the Crown goes hard on MS in their cross. IMO that will be the final test for MS and the Crown's last chance to remove any reasonable doubts the jury may be struggling with.

All MOO.

Sure it can be effective, as I stated in my comment - but not even Susan or any of us know if it's truly effective with the jury until a verdict is reached. It really is an individual thing how someone perceives his style. Obviously he wants to poke holes in Smich's courtroom image/testimony to create reasonable doubt but nothing he's doing so far is going to save his own client DM IMO. I still think they both get first-degree.

Is there anything he can do to save his client?

I agree but it also shows that MS has spunk and doesn't fear authority or have many qualms about challenging it. MS wants us to believe he couldn't go against DM and yet his confident posturing in court today makes me question even more that MS was so intimidated by DM after the murder that he couldn't speak up for himself and had to just go along.

All MOO.

After all DM had a deadly weapon, Saschak has not. In court it is much easier to be courageous, I would imagine.
I now do not suffer from boredom today, that's "absolutely" :D clear.

I was thinking the same thing. I could separate the two because if every hip hop lyric or heavy metal lyric were based on reality there would be a lot of people behind bars. That said, I do know a lot of people who would feel like it was a reflection on his character. His cockiness is showing today. I wonder if NS is drawing the real MS out?? I think that the jurors may find the banter between the 2 distracting and disrespectful to the process. This is a murder trial and court of law; not Judge Judy or Maury Povich.

I don't like MS or his crappy attempt at rapping but if you take everything he wrote as literal, you'll have to do the same for every other artist out there who likes to write in character, storytelling, roles, etc. As you said, if you're not familiar with the genre then you might take it literal. Or even people who like to write short stories, fanfic, and stuff like that. Like...you wouldn't take PJ Harvey's Down by the Water literal and believe she drowned her daughter. Eminem didn't actually kill his mother.

I hope the Crown goes hard on MS in their cross. IMO that will be the final test for MS and the Crown's last chance to remove any reasonable doubts the jury may be struggling with.

All MOO.

I agree. NS's cross has done nothing to add clarity to the situation for me. MOO

Sachak is doing his best. Just remember, he can't use any evidence of things that Smich and Millard did together because he would be making his client look just as guilty as Smich, as they were basically joined at the hip. So Sachak is sticking to things Smich did on his own like hiding the gun, his rap lyrics, his relationship with MM, his residences and employment record, etc. The *advertiser censored* will hit the fan for Smich when the Crown gets up to bat.

Court now resuming, with the jury being recalled.
by Adam Carter 2:00 PM

Sachak is doing his best. Just remember, he can't use any evidence of things that Smich and Millard did together because he would be making his client look just as guilty as Smich, as they were basically joined at the hip. So Sachak is sticking to things Smich did on his own like hiding the gun, his rap lyrics, his relationship with MM, his residences and employment record, etc. The *advertiser censored* will hit the fan for Smich when the Crown gets up to bat.

... or it won't (hit the fan that is)

I don't like MS or his crappy attempt at rapping but if you take everything he wrote as literal, you'll have to do the same for every other artist out there who likes to write in character, storytelling, roles, etc. As you said, if you're not familiar with the genre then you might take it literal. Or even people who like to write short stories, fanfic, and stuff like that. Like...you wouldn't take PJ Harvey's Down by the Water literal and believe she drowned her daughter. Eminem didn't actually kill his mother.

I agree with what you're saying, to a point...but what if MS rapped about his friend killing someone and him being caught up in it even though he was innocent? Would those lyrics be relevant? Would we point at them and say, "Hey, this isn't indisputable truth, but maybe MS really isn't guilty of 1st degree murder"? I asked this question earlier.

Sachak now starting back in asking about the phones Smich had.
by Adam Carter 2:03 PM

The last text sent on the blackberry found at Smich's place was in January 2013, Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 2:03 PM

Sachak says now he wants to explore the relationship between Smich and Millard.
by Adam Carter 2:04 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"Usually when they're getting cross examined by you or your friend there I don't pay too much attention," says Smich.

Yikes. Okay, now he is getting too snippy and out of line!

Yep, we are seeing the MS who allegedly physically abused MM and wanted her to be a stripper...so that he could financially benefit from her earnings. I don't know if he pulled the trigger in this case but we shouldn't forget that he isn't some lovable scamp dodging big bad DM's lawyers. IMO.

Smich agrees that around the time Bosma died, Millard was like family to him.
by Adam Carter 2:05 PM

Smich says they were generous to each other.

Smich agrees Millard was kind, polite and helpful "for the most part."

"Some things he said he would help me with never ended up happening," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

Smich says Millard would assault his Dog, "Pedo" if he peed or pooped in his bed. There is a murmur in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 2:07 PM

Goodman tells the jury to disregard that question. Sachak had asked if Millard ever assaulted Smich.
by Adam Carter 2:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member