Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17 2016 3:55 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says the Cadillac emblem used to be on Smich's facebook page. Smich agrees that was a car he had worked on.

May 17 2016 3:56 PM Adam Carter
"it was a nice old car, I like old cars. I guess I liked it, ok?" Smich says about Millard's Cadillac.

May 17 2016 3:56 PM Adam Carter
Smich couldn't drive because of a previous drinking and driving charge.

May 17 2016 3:58 PM Adam Carter
So if Millard gave him the car, Smich couldn't legally drive it. "I wasn't necessarily doing everything legal at that time," Smich says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"I was supposed to be moving to Calgary with my sister," Smich says in police interview we are watching.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 54s54 seconds ago
The plan was soon. Within a month or two of his outstanding mischief charges. His sister already had a job lined up for him in Calgary.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Seeing that police intvu again. "I'm supposed to be moving to Calgary with my sister Andrea...soon...after my court," he says. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"I was supposed to be moving to Calgary with my sister," Smich says in the video. #TimBosma #Bosma

"She says she already has a job opportunity waiting for me there," he tells Kavanagh in the video. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Now questions about Smich's plans to move to Calgary.
#Bosma @CTVNews

(When he says "after court," he says that was in relation to the outstanding mischief charge). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich agrees with Sachak it would've been the near future that he had plans to move. #Bosma

Sachak asks about Smich's Facebook profile. He had the Cadillac emblem as his photo, he agrees. #Bosma

He'd done work on the Cadillac, he agrees. So had Marlena. #Bosma

Sachak says the Cadillac emblem used to be on Smich's facebook page. Smich agrees that was a car he had worked on. #TimBosma #Bosma

There'd been some discussion about him getting the Cadillac, he says. (Marlena was going to drive it when she got her license). #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Millard had a Cadillac that Smich and Marlena would work on. There was some discussion that Smich would get the caddy.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Smich had a drinking & driving charge so he couldn't get a license. Meneses had a G1 in May 2013 - first step in process

Marlena was going to get the car because Smich couldn't get his licence. "It was a nice old car. I like old cars. I guess I liked it."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 3m3 minutes ago
Now on to Smich's love of Cadillacs and the work he did on one. Ppl in court very impatient about where this is going #Bosma @CTVNews

He did not have a license in May 2013 because of a previous drinking driving charge. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich had been charged with impaired and lost license. #Bosma

May 17 2016 3:58 PM Adam Carter
Smich's girlfriend had her G1 licence at the time.

May 17 2016 4:00 PM Adam Carter
"You were going to get that Caddy once you helped Dell steal a truck, right?" Sachak says. "No, that wasn't it," Smich says.

May 17 2016 4:00 PM Adam Carter
Smich says his understanding was he'd get the car for all the legal and illegal work he'd done with Millard.

May 17 2016 4:01 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says that Millard said he would give him the car for helping him pull of a truck theft. Smich says that conversation didn't happen.

May 17 2016 4:02 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he was expected to get a "couple of hundred bucks" for helping with the truck theft.

Smich couldn't drive legally, lost his license because of impaired driving charge. #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak suggests he wouldn't have been able to legally drive it. Marlena (who had G1) similarly couldn't drive it, he agrees. #Bosma

If Millard gave him the car, Smich couldn't legally drive it. "I wasn't necessarily doing everything legal at that time" Smich says #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak: "He was going to give you the Caddy." Smich: "So he says."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Smich, Marlena, Shane all worked on Caddy. Sachak says deal was Smich would get Caddy once he helped Dell steal truck. Smich says no.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak suggests he was going to get the Cadillac once he helped Dellen Millard steal a truck. He says that wasn't the deal. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 56s56 seconds ago
What work was he going to use the Caddy for? Just the work Smich has already talked about. Legal and Illegal.

Smich said he had done lots of work for Dellen Millard, both legal and illegal. #Bosma

"Sometimes he wouldn't pay me cash...it was weird, we had an understanding," he says. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich says his understanding was he'd get the car for all the legal and illegal work he'd done with Millard. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests again it was going to be his payment for helping steal the truck. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Sachak says that Millard said he would give him the car for helping him pull of a truck theft. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says that conversation didn't happen. #TImBosma #Bosma

Smich says he was expected to get a "couple of hundred bucks" for helping with the truck theft. #TImBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks how much he expected to be paid for helping to steal the truck. Smich says "couple of hundred bucks." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s22 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Smich didn't have a lot of other income. Asks again what he was going to get for stealing the truck. "What is this worth."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Smich says he has told him. #Bosma

Smich says he would get money, a couple hundred bucks, for helping Millard steal the truck. He didn't get anything for the scoping work.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Smich says wasn't promised Caddy for stealing truck. Smich says he was supposed to get paid "a couple of hundred bucks" for stealing truck.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says $200. Sachak says that's less than a couple of dollars an hour. While out scoping for truck, Millard might buy him food.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
What did Smich get in return for stealing things... #Bosma truck didn't have a specific amount. "I got nothing." @CTVNews

***Hmmm...didn't MM already testify that he'd received $300 and was expecting more?

May 17 2016 4:01 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says that Millard said he would give him the car for helping him pull of a truck theft. Smich says that conversation didn't happen.

DM promised a lot of folks a lot of things.

JV a contractor business
SS, a home at the new farm property
MB, the same as SS
CC, he promised her a sailboat ride around the world

Didn't matter if the convo didn't happen, DM rarely delivered except for himself.

MOO

May 17 2016 4:06 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he got a few hundred dollars for work he had done before, and weed after the Bosma incident. Smich said he was owed more money, but didn't get it.

May 17 2016 4:07 PM Adam Carter
"Why don't you tell the truth, you messed up Dell's plan to steal a Dodge 3500 plan when you put a bullet in Mr. Bosma's head ... that's why you didn't get paid," Sachak says. Smich says that's not the truth.

May 17 2016 4:07 PM Adam Carter
"Why accept the weed of a killer if you're so scared of him?" Sachak says. "I was scared and trying to play along with everything," Smich says.

"Why would you accept his weed?" Sachak says. "Is it magical weed from a magical forest?"

Is it just me or is Sachak's "magical forest" routine getting old? MOO

May 17 2016 4:08 PM Adam Carter
Smich says Millard dropped off a couple of ounces of weed worth a couple hundred bucks on the 7th or 8th, after Bosma was killed.

May 17 2016 4:09 PM Adam Carter
"He was giving me that as payment for going with him," Smich says.

May 17 2016 4:10 PM Adam Carter
"Sometimes he would pay me in weed, or money, or different things," Smich said. "He wanted me to continue to help him."

May 17 2016 4:11 PM Adam Carter
"Why would you accept his weed?" Sachak says. "Is it magical weed from a magical forest?"
"That's how he would pay me sometimes sir," Smich says.

I think this is the third time now Sachak has referenced a "magical forest."

May 17 2016 4:12 PM Adam Carter
Sachak again suggests the "payday" was supposed to be the Cadillac and money for pulling off the truck theft. Smich again says that's not true.

May 17 2016 3:53 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now showing part of Smich's statement to police. "I was supposed to be moving to Calgary with my sister," Smich says in the video.

May 17 2016 3:53 PM Adam Carter
"She says she already has a job opportunity waiting there for me."

Too bad he didn't get away sooner...before TB murder.

I'm behind but is NS going to try to suggest now that MS wanted to steal the truck so he could go out west?!?!?! So he was so desperate he murdered TB and just TOOK the truck???

I know I'm behind but....

Millard's lawyer now using a southern accent when talking to Smich. Trying to get his evidence on stealing the truck. #Bosma @CTVNews

...What is that??!

Sachak asks how much money he got upon completion of the theft of #Bosma's truck.

After #bosma truck stolen, Millard gave him weed and "a few hundred dollars for work I'd done before."

Smich says Millard gave him some weed and a few hundred dollars--but says that was for other work he'd done. #Bosma

Smich in return for thefts, including #Bosma truck "He gave me weed, a few hun dollars, he was going to give me more money after." @CTVNews

Smich says he was scared of Millard at that point. #Bosma

Millard's Lawyer "Why don't you tell the truth, you messed up plan to steal the truck when you put a bullet in Mr. #Bosma's head." @CTVNews

Smich says that is "absolutely incorrect." #Bosma

"Why don't you tell the truth, you messed up Dell's plan to steal a Dodge 3500 plan when you put a bullet in Mr. Bosma's head ..." #Bosma

He says he didn't ask for money because he was scared of him. #Bosma

"... that's why you didn't get paid," Sachak says. Smich says that's not the truth. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says Millard dropped off weed to him either on May 7 or 9. A couple ounces. #Bosma

Smich says Millard dropped off a couple of ounces of weed worth a couple hundred bucks on the 7th or 8th, after Bosma was killed. #Bosma

Smich "He got me into this mess." #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak says that's why Millard didn't give him any money, Smich messed up. Why would Smich take weed from a killer he was afraid of?

Smich says he wanted Millard to think everything was fine.

"He got me into this mess," Smich says of Millard. Did he ask for the weed? "He gave me the weed."

"He was giving me that as payment. For going with him," Smich says. Did he ask for money as per the arrangement?

The weed was payment for going with him, Smich says. "He got me into this mess." #Bosma

Sachak asks if he said "excuse me things got really messed up I want more weed." Smich says no he was scared. #Bosma

Millard's lawyer pushing the story line that Smich shot #Bosma during test drive. Smich sticking to his story @CTVNews

Sachak asks why he'd accept the weed. "Is it magical weed from a magical forest?" #Bosma

Smich says that is how Millard would pay him sometimes. #Bosma

Sachak asks how much he sold/how much he smoked. He says he smoked a lot. #Bosma

I think this is the third time now Sachak has referenced a "magical forest." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich says that's how Dell would pay him sometimes. He smoked some of it, so did Marlena. He sold some. #Bosma

Sachak suggests again the Cadillac and a "big pay day" would be his reward for participating in the truck theft. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Sachak asks what Millard paid him for the bobcat theft. He says a bit of money--can't remember, says it was a long time ago. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49s50 seconds ago
Sachak suggests his reward was not very high. "He paid me pennies basically," Smich says. #Bosma

Millard's lawyer theory "You are content with some weed" because Smich screwed up the theft of #Bosma truck @CTVNews

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 48s49 seconds ago
"It appears your reward for all this hard work was not particularly high?" Sachak says. "It was pennies basically," Smich says. #Bosma

Sachak points out he continued to go along with it. Smich says again that he had "a lot of people under his thumb." #Bosma

You've got to get more, for stealing a truck, than pennies and some weed, Sachak says. "Nope," Smich

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s40 seconds ago
Smich did not try to talk Millard out of stealing the truck. "I've stolen things with him before." #TimBosma

I'm behind but is NS going to try to suggest now that MS wanted to steal the truck so he could go out west?!?!?! So he was so desperate he murdered TB and just TOOK the truck???

No. He's saying Smich wanted the Cadillac.

May 17 2016 4:13 PM Adam Carter
"It appears your reward for all this hard work was not particularly high?" Sachak says. "It was pennies basically," Smich says.

May 17 2016 4:14 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says Smich's payoff for stealing the truck had to be more, but he again says no.

May 17 2016 4:15 PM Adam Carter
"Did you say it's wrong to steal a truck to him?" Sachak says. "Me? No," Smich says.

May 17 2016 4:15 PM Adam Carter
"So you were in it for the couple hundred bucks?" Sachak says. "And like I said, or relationship," Smich says.

May 17 2016 4:16 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now asking about the test drive with Igor Tumanenko that happened on May 5.

May 17 2016 4:17 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he didn't react when Igor mentioned being in the Israeli army. Igor previously said "you don't want to know what I did there."

Smich says Millard dropped off a couple of ounces of weed worth a couple hundred bucks on the 7th or 8th, after Bosma was killed.

"Sometimes he would pay me in weed, or money, or different things," Smich said. "He wanted me to continue to help him."

Sachak again suggests the "payday" was supposed to be the Cadillac and money for pulling off the truck theft. Smich again says that's not true.

bbm

Say what you will but IMO this admission that MS accepted any kind of payment from DM after TB was murdered is incredibly damaging and speaks to MS's lack of character.

All MOO.

Sorry Sachak, but MS only has magic mushrooms. Not magical weed from a magical forest.

May 17 2016 4:18 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says that Millard didn't try to conceal his tattoo on that test drive.

NO he just doodled on it to disguise it! Lol

Sachak asks if Smich told Millard it was wrong to steal a truck. "No," Smich says. "I stole things with him before." #Bosma

"Did you say it's wrong to steal a truck to him?" Sachak says. "Me? No," Smich says. #TimBosma #BOsma

He says stealing a truck was supposed to be the plan. "I wasn't really against that," he says. #Bosma

Sachak suggests again because of the big payday. Smich says no. #Bosma

"So you were in it for the couple hundred bucks?" Sachak says. "And like I said, or relationship," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak says Smich would have been able to take Caddy to Calgary. Smich says no, it was because of their relationship. #Bosma

Sachak now asking about the test drive with Igor Tumanenko that happened on May 5. #TimBosma #Bosma

Millard's lawyer asking for more time today to continue cross. #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak asks again about Igor Tumenenko test drive. Smich didn't react to his comments about Israeli army. Can't recall if Dell did. #Bosma

"I might've asked him a question in the car, I don't remember the words," Smich says. #Bosma

Smich remembers few details about the test drive with Igor Tumanenko. They didn't cover their faces. "Or his tattoo, that's how he was ID'd"

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 57s58 seconds ago
Sachak agrees. Suggests they both greeted and spoke to Igor. Smich agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Sachak says Igor tells them he's happy to hold the truck for them, but Millard tells him they had others to scope. #Bosma

May 17 2016 4:20 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he believes Tumanenko had an Onstar tracking device in his truck, so they were going to look at other vehicles.

Figured as much but don't think it would have been Onstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse