Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree - plus he was clearly an addict and is now clean "trying to do the right thing" by putting himself up on the stand and admitting to being part of this.

Everyone knows he was part of it. He is putting himself on the stand to pin it all on Millard and save his own *advertiser censored*.

Big difference from getting a conscience.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 28s29 seconds ago
You want to look at your disclosure and tailor your answer, Sachak says, when Smich asks to see documents to refresh memory

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he doesn't know how much he had. He had mixed it before without getting sick. This time he got sick. Took it due to shoulder.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak says Smich is 'tailoring the evidence' in his own advantage. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 45s46 seconds ago
Smich says he doesn't want to make any mistakes, and asks to see the documents to refresh his memory. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"You are very clever sir," Sachak says. "You won't answer a question unless you have a document to rely on.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s41 seconds ago
"You're not a witness, you're an advocate on this stand," Sachak says. "You're giving any answer to get yourself out of this situation."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer "You are very clever sir, you refuse to answer a question unless there is a document to rely upon." #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says he wants to see them so he can "tailor his evidence precisely to those documents." #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says just like he freestyles raps, he is freestyling testimony here. "That's absolutely incorrect sir," Smich says. #Bosma

"Just like you freestyle rap, you're freestyle testifying," Sachak says Smich is trying to distract any accountability

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s53 seconds ago
Sachak has no document to show when Smich took the oxy. When was it? "Before the events that took place." Where were you? "With Dell."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak suggests he is "clever" and says he'll say anything to get out of this. #Bosma

Again Smich disagrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s59 seconds ago
Sachak asks where he was when he mixed oxy and booze. He says he was with Dellen Millard. #Bosma

"When I ask a simple question, you just have to throw Dell's name in," Sachak says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s32 seconds ago
"If you don't like the answers, sir, don't ask the question," Smich says. Sachak says he is fabricating a story and deflecting blame.

Millard's lawyer frustrated again "You just have to throw in Dell's name..." #Bosma @CTVNews

Sachak says he "had to throw in Dellen's name" even though he didn't ask who else was there. #Bosma

"I'm answering your questions. If you don't like the answers, I'm sorry," he says. #Bosma

Sachak says he is fabricating a story and using every opportunity he gets to deflect blame. #Bosma

Sachak: Every opportunity you have, you deflect blame. Smich: That is not correct. #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says he understands what he's getting at and that this is not true. #Bosma

"You are contriving, concocting and creating a story where every chance you deflect blame from yourself." Millard's lawyer #Bosma @CTVNews

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak: The only person who is never at fault, is YOU on the stand? Smich: No, that's not true. #Bosma #HamOnt

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"Daly is at fault, Marlena is at fault, Mr. Dell is at fault, the only person not at fault is you on the stand."

"So lets get to the truth. Where were you when you took oxy?" Smich says it was at Maple Gate. How many? Probably one each.

"It's an orange one," Smich says he recalls Dell popping a pill in his mouth. Doesn't know how many they took.

Sachak asks again where they were. Smich says they were at Maplegate. Sachak asks if Dell took oxy. He says yes. #Bosma

IMO: If he doesn't know who owned the car, you can conclude that it was stolen. And therefore MS stole cars before meeting DM. And therefore there's potentially some doubt who orchestrated this Bosma theft.
I read about this incident a long time ago in some background research on MS -- can't recall the exact details but I believe it made reference to LE having enough evidence to charge him with DUI but not for car theft. Will try to find this....

but he was only convicted of drunk driving - so its simply a reach to say the vehicle was stolen if he wasn't convicted

Smich says he thinks he and Millard took one pill of Oxycodone each -- I believe this was on May 4.
by Adam Carter 12:06 PM

Smich says he has taken drugs with Millard before.
by Adam Carter 12:07 PM

"I'll keep it as drugs," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:08 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
"I may not be the greatest questioner, I may not ask the greatest questions...," says Sachak.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
But Smich is "contriving, concocting, fabricating a story," says Sachak. Sachak trying to get details on Smich and Millard taking oxy.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak wants to know what they talked about while taking oxy. Smich says he doesn't know.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Smich can recall Dell popping an oxy, but no other details. Smich says he'd done drugs with Dell before.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak asks what social engagement they were involved in when this happened. Smich says they hung out a lot, he's not sure.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he had done drugs with Dellen Millard before. #Bosma

Pierce Lang ‏@piercelang_tv 4m4 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Smich denies Sachak's suggestion that he is the only one not at fault. #Bosma #HamOnt @CogecotvHalton

Sachak says when Millard was arrested, Smich was "troubled" he was no longer going to get his Cadillac. Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Sachak alleges that car was supposed to be payment to Smich for helping Millard steal a truck. Smich again denies that.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

Smich agrees he has rapped about a Cadillac Escalade. His sister owned one at one point.
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

From CJPRINCESS...

attachment.php

I think we need another pic (sorry)! Perhaps one where you let your neck, shoulders, everything, just go completely limp? If TB was dead, and had no muscle tone, wouldn't his neck have been limp, and not supporting his head? And if no neck muscles, and with the head resting on the front of the dash, wouldn't his head slide down? But then again, with TB being much taller than CJP, his head could have been more supported by the dash... and depending on how far ahead the seat was pulled up to the front (which it likely would NOT have been, to allow room enough for TB's legs, being something like 6'1" tall?)

"You had to throw in Dell's name, without me asking you who else was there," Sachak says about Smich mentioning Millard had also taken Oxycodone.
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

"If you don't like the answers sir, don't ask the questions," Smich says. Sachak says Smich is "concocting a story" where he can "deflect blame."
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

"The only person who never seems to be at any fault here is you," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:05 PM

BBM
Wow, wow wow. That's a ballsy statement by MS
BUT NS has a point, we've all noticed MS is never at fault and is blaming everyone else except himself

Sachak now back talking about Smich's rapping, and writing about an Acura.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

Sachak now talking about Smich doing work on Millard's Cadillac and getting paint on a hoodie he owned.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

Well where were all of those darn Millardair coveralls that DM was allegedly peeved about an employee buying? :P

Sachak says that in Smich's mother's statement, she said: "he's never going to get the car."
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

Sachak suggests that when Dell was arrested Smich was "troubled" that he wasn't going to get the Cadillac. #Bosma

Smich disagrees. #Bosma

The payment for helping Dell steal was supposed to be the Cadillac, Sachak says. Worth several thousands. Millard didn't like it, Smich says

Sachak suggests it would've been worth $6-8k. Smich doesn't know. #Bosma

***SS put it up for sale for $18,000 after the murder

Sachak moving on to Millard's arrest - once again we've skipped past the events of May 6, 2013 #Bosma #HamOnt

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak alleges that car was supposed to be payment to Smich for helping Millard steal a truck. Smich again denies that. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests Smich loved that car. Smich says he liked it, but liked lots of cars. Sachak says he rapped about it--he raps about reality.

Again Smich disagrees. He says he raps about lots of cars. "I've never done any of those things or owned any of those things." #Bosma

"I've never rapped about Dell's Cadillac if you want to put it that way," Smich says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"I rap about Cadillac Escalades, all kinds of stuff, sir," Smich says "You rap about reality, don't you?" Sachak says

Smich's sister had a Cadillac Escalade, he agrees. But it doesn't mean the other things in his raps are true, Smich says.

Sachak suggests he's also rapped about (and driven) an Acura. Smich says he/ his family never owned an Acura either.

"I did use Acura before, so that's a cheaper version of a Cadillac."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25s26 seconds ago
Smich has reviewed statements to police, he agrees. When news broke about Dellen's arrest, Smich told mom he would never get the Cadillac.

Back to rap. "Your raps reflect your reality as close as it gets." Millard's lawyer #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
Smich, Marlena, Shane worked on Caddy. Painted it. Smich reviewed his mother's statement to police. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 50s50 seconds ago
Sachak says that in Smich's mother's statement, she said: "he's never going to get the car." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s50 seconds ago
She said when news broke about Dell's arrest, Mark said he was never going to get his Cadillac, according to Sachak. Showing it to Smich.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
Millard's lawyer "Did you tell you mom once Dell got arrested you will never get your #cadillac" #Bosma @CTVNews

So far this whole cross-examination has more of a feel of "my guy is going down for this and you sure as hell are going down with him" as opposed to a "my guy didn't do it...you did" feel. MOO

For me, it's more a case of "my guy is going down for this, and I have to find a way to show this court that you are nowhere near the innocent dupe and reformed character in all this you claim to be, and you absolutely deserve to go down with him."

I'm surprised at the continued criticism of Sachak if I'm honest. He is doing his best in very difficult circumstances. He's got to erode Smich's credibility but at the same time not incriminate his own client any further and that is a very, very difficult path indeed to tread. He's doing his best to eat away at Smich's character and well rehearsed performance on the stand, and in some respects I think he's hitting home.

Sachak is right. MS is far more clever than he professes to be. He's tailored his evidence to everything he's heard thus far in court, and where he parts company with the testimony of others he claims they are either liars, or mistaken or he can't remember.

Up until his complete and total amnesia in regard to his disposal of the gun, I found him very credible, but not any more. He's a liar and a slick one at that, and he's far more culpable in all this than his current testimony, appearance and demeanour suggest, in my opinion.

I just hope the Crown (unrestricted by the same constraints as DM's defence) are able to go after him in a more direct way.

Sachak gives Smich the statement to review. #Bosma

Smich now reading about what he told his mother, as she told police in a 2013 interview.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 28s28 seconds ago
Smich reading to refresh his memory. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
Sachak asks if this refreshes his memory. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
Smich says "this is written very confusing." #Bosma

:notgood:

Smich now reviewing his mother Mary's statement.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Smich says the typed statement is "very confusing."
by Adam Carter 12:17 PM

"Let's not worry about punctuation and grammar, these are officers working a homicide case," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:18 PM

"Did you tell your mom, that when Dell got arrested, you wouldn't get the car?" Sachak says. Smich says he wouldn't have said those words. Sachak asks if that changes after seeing the statement. Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

Smich says the conversation about the car would've been a "long time ago" and Meneses would have been the one to drive the car.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

Sachak again says that the Cadillac was going to be a payment for Smich. He says no, if anything, Meneses would be the one to drive it.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

For me, it's more a case of "my guy is going down for this, and I have to find a way to show this court that you are nowhere near the innocent dupe and reformed character in all this you claim to be, and you absolutely deserve to go down with him."

I'm surprised at the continued criticism of Sachak if I'm honest. He is doing his best in very difficult circumstances. He's got to erode Smich's credibility but at the same time not incriminate his own client any further and that is a very, very difficult path indeed to tread. He's doing his best to eat away at Smich's character and well rehearsed performance on the stand, and in some respects I think he's hitting home.

Sachak is right. MS is far more clever than he professes to be. He's tailored his evidence to everything he's heard thus far in court, and where he parts company with the testimony of others he claims they are either liars, or mistaken or he can't remember.

Up until his complete and total amnesia in regard to his disposal of the gun, I found him very credible, but not any more. He's a liar and a slick one at that, and he's far more culpable in all this than his current testimony, appearance and demeanour suggest, in my opinion.

I just hope the Crown (unrestricted by the same constraints as DM's defence) are able to go after him in a more direct way.

BBM In my opinion, a lot of the criticism is driven by the absolutely ridiculous statements he is making such as "did you tape the spade to your forehead?" "Did you wake up at the Bosma's house?" He certainly has a difficult job but his level of professionalism is really what is irking me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member