Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I follow that link it opens in a browser window, and I use the browser's 'find' feature, and it finds zero. If I put the cursor on the actual line that has the word 'sim', it then finds it, but only that one. I guess I have a defunct browser!

Anyway.. what I am wondering is.. say you have 4 phones sitting there in front of you, and one sim card. You can put that one sim card into any of the 4 phones. If LE examines all 4 devices, each with the same sim card in it at the time of examination, would it show different things from each of the 4 phones, or would it show the same thing over and over on each phone? Doesn't the information contained in a phone relate to the sim card? So if he was swapping out the sim card to use in each phone, would the info be different? I don't know if I'm wording this properly.

Im not sure about all the Sim card saving stuff. My own phone is set up where most of everything goes to the SD card or the phones internal memory. The only thing saved to my Sim is my contacts list. Beyond that, I have no clue where the data trail is saved (SD, internal or Sim)
My daughter goes between 2 or 3 phones (one Sim) because she likes features in each. One has a cracked screen, 2nd has poor battery life and 3rd one, well she just isn't a fan. So MS going between different phones didn't shock me at all.

The other thing, if he had 4 working phones and only one working Sim. Four working Sim cards would mean he was paying for 4 accounts. Would the other Sim cards really be any help to him or LE (If his info was stored to SD or internal)? Like I said, beyond my own phone and they way I have it set up I have no clue.

Im not sure about all the Sim card saving stuff. My own phone is set up where most of everything goes to the SD card or the phones internal memory. The only thing saved to my Sim is my contacts list. Beyond that, I have no clue where the data trail is saved (SD, internal or Sim)
My daughter goes between 2 or 3 phones (one Sim) because she likes features in each. One has a cracked screen, 2nd has poor battery life and 3rd one, well she just isn't a fan. So MS going between different phones didn't shock me at all.

The other thing, if he had 4 working phones and only one working Sim. Four working Sim cards would mean he was paying for 4 accounts. Would the other Sim cards really be any help to him or LE (If his info was stored to SD or internal)? Like I said, beyond my own phone and they way I have it set up I have no clue.
Well I found the comment odd about only having one SIM found because I thought the experts were saying they needed the actual phones as well to recover deleted texts etc. Well they had the phones so I'm not sure why there wasn't any info pulled from them. I need to go back and read testimony from LE experts on this.

Hang on .... I have some more cudos for you .... I had a faint recollection that back in May 2013 someone speculated they stopped where TB's phone was found to change plates on the stolen vehicle .... I had been trying to dig it up and turns out it was you .... another BINGO ... and I reproduce your post below ... you nailed it except the phone was tossed and not fallen out.

Amazing ... I dont believe in ESP but I Do Believe you have it .... haaaa.

May 19 2013 slowsluethy posted ....
my opinion/theory about the phone is this:
one person, either DM or suspect 2, had both phones (batteries pulled) on them, where TB's phone was found is where i believe they stopped the vehicle and got out to do a plate change on TB's truck, DM's plate from his red pickup would have worked perfect, however... during the plate change, they dropped TB's phone by accident, it just fell out their pocket, then they headed to the farm... just a theory i had in my head.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...6-May-2013-7-**ARREST**&p=9458097#post9458097

lol, i do remember that too!

IMO the reason nothing makes sense is because everything MS has said is a lie. He is likely hoping the lawyers will make sense of it in a manner that will fit their agenda's while somehow getting him a lesser sentence. I believe MS was in the truck with DM and he is saying he was not because this is his only way out. He thinks. What he is actually doing is going to make his stay in prison much more unpleasant. From what I understand in the prison inmates who have lied and ratted out people to get themselves off don't fair well inside. Even if the people they are ratting out are guilty. But maybe Smich will be an exception.

I disagree. I think Smitch has kept his story as close as possible to the actual events, just eliminating himself from any wrongdoing. If in fact they had actually gone on a test drive past Supersucker before going to the field, why wouldn't Smich just say that Millard got the text then and they doubled back to the field. The important part of his story is that he leaves TB alone with DM in the truck. What does it matter if it was right after leaving TB's house or 10 minutes later? I would think that it would be better for Smich to stay as close to what actually happened so as not to get tripped up by physical evidence.

So I was in court on Wednesday. It was my first and only time there. First thing that struck me , was how different Mark looked. He looks nothing like his pictures, he looks like a nice clean cut guy. Dellon looks exactly like his pictures.

As the questioning went on, I have decided I will never ever hire NS to be my lawyer. The repeating and repeating of the same question, in a slow almost whinny voice just put me off. I don;t think I was the only one as people seemed to get frustrated with him. He made a bunch of mistakes as well and had to correct himself.

As for the Stephen king thing. What Mark said was people often write about things that are not true just like Stephen king and Dr suess

After siting there all day, all I see is a man who is calm and trying to answer the questions put to him in a way that makes sense to him and everyone else. In the beggining I believed he was so guilty, now not so much. Yes he messed up as a kid and young man. but I don;t think he is a murderer

Not sure how long after the test drive that the neighbor called LE to tell them about the vehicles pulling out of his dad's property. But in the Williams case when someone reported seeing a vehicle parked off the road, LE were able to get tire treads. IIRC, this was a major breakthrough in solving the case.

I know it was mentioned that LE searched the empty property, but I wonder if there were multiple tracks that matched both TB and the Yukon found? It seems the two pulling out versus the U-turn MS story is important at this point.

Hopefully the neighbor didn't start his own investigation and destroyed evidence by driving in there before LE were on the scene.

I would assume that if LE did photo vehicle tracks, it would have been entered as evidence.

MOO

As someone who works in this industry sim cards about 95% of the time contain no information. They CAN hold contacts and text messages but very very few and like I said almost no one ever has it to do so because it holds so little it quickly becomes full and causes other issues. In terms of finding said sim cards beyond looking on them for info they would in fact be useful because someone like MS probably used Pay as you go burner phones and if you have the sim card you can see the serial number written on it and the carrier and then from there LE can go to said carrier with their warrant or what have you and then pull records for this account.

First thing that struck me , was how different Mark looked. He looks nothing like his pictures, he looks like a nice clean cut guy.

Maybe that is why we've been hearing that DM has been staring at MS quite a lot through the trial.

So I was in court on Wednesday. It was my first and only time there. First thing that struck me , was how different Mark looked. He looks nothing like his pictures, he looks like a nice clean cut guy. Dellon looks exactly like his pictures.

As the questioning went on, I have decided I will never ever hire NS to be my lawyer. The repeating and repeating of the same question, in a slow almost whinny voice just put me off. I don;t think I was the only one as people seemed to get frustrated with him. He made a bunch of mistakes as well and had to correct himself.

As for the Stephen king thing. What Mark said was people often write about things that are not true just like Stephen king and Dr suess

After siting there all day, all I see is a man who is calm and trying to answer the questions put to him in a way that makes sense to him and everyone else. In the beggining I believed he was so guilty, now not so much. Yes he messed up as a kid and young man. but I don;t think he is a murderer

Thank you for your observation. Judge Goodman did instruct the Jury in day #1 that these accused are to be judged on evidence and not sympathy. MS has cleaned up his looks, but evidence shows both there and responsible. MS has not provided anything new that can be verified, he only has a story that removes himself from all the most serious charges. Of course it lines up with evidence, he sat through months of listening to it.

It is the prosecutions responsibility to prove guilt, and not the accused to prove innocence. There are many questions I have that I know are not going to be explored by DM's team. The crown will not have those restrictions.

MOO

Maybe I am missing something but why are some convinced there is dead time unaccounted for between the Super Sucker video and when they arrived at TB's house? The times seem to line up almost perfectly.

8:46 Yukon passes Super Sucker

8:48 or : 49 The ****s drive by Bosma house to check it out

8:50 - 8:52 turn around and look for place to park; decide on laneway on Book Rd at Bullmann property

Until maybe 8:55 Now that they have seen layout of Bosma property, remote area, low lighting, they take two or three minutes to confirm how it will go down, make sure they have gun hidden, etc...

9:02 complete seven minute walk to TB house. Maybe they saunter a little and it takes them eight minutes.

9:03 or so, start walking up TB's very long driveway. Call TB at 9:05 to they are there and TB comes out of garage.

What am I missing?

Isn't it just a small section of carpet removed from behind the passenger seat of the Yukon? The jeeps were race vehicles so removing the carpet makes sense, but I'll bet the carpet was still in the Caddy and every other street vehicle Millard owned.

Nope, the front carpets were out of the Yukon. The Jeep yes, is a given. I don't have too many fellow "jeepers" that still have carpets in their rigs. I however was one that did leave my carpets in my TJ as I didn't do water crossings or mud bogging. But my plan was to remove them and Rhino line the floors (I sold that TJ)

As for the Caddy, I'd assume the carpets were still intact. He didn't drive that car. The green Jeep probably had its carpets out but I guess only AM could confirm that as he drove it the most. The blue Nova, not a clue but my guess would be yes, carpets out. His reason for pulling carpets out of his vehicles was, mold allergies.

Point being, he drove the TJ, the Ram and the Yukon the most or daily. They all had the carpets out. The yellow jeep was on the road, not just an offroad vehicle. I live in the area and had seen that rig a few times. I thought he was a dick cuz he didn't "jeep wave" to a fellow modified Jeep lol

Hopefully this works! Pic was on google images.
bosma1.jpg
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...tim-bosmas-truck-found-in-suspects-suv-police

Maybe that is why we've been hearing that DM has been staring at MS quite a lot through the trial.

Maybe he looked because of that and maybe he looked for the bond they have had and which got lost.

Looks to me like someone stopped very unexpectedly!

Speaking of the prison psychiatrist, I was wondering if it is one of the traits of a psychopath to have that ability to handle stress and remain calm? I was thinking that it must be a trait since otherwise, how would they live with themselves and just act like everything is normal even after their crimes. I was wondering if that might be a bit of a giveaway as to what the psych was writing down in his notes in regard to DM. jmo

I believe it's typical. Just look at the way Jodi Arias behaved after murdering Travis.

Thank you for your observation. Judge Goodman did instruct the Jury in day #1 that these accused are to be judged on evidence and not sympathy. MS has cleaned up his looks, but evidence shows both there and responsible. MS has not provided anything new that can be verified, he only has a story that removes himself from all the most serious charges. Of course it lines up with evidence, he sat through months of listening to it.

It is the prosecutions responsibility to prove guilt, and not the accused to prove innocence. There are many questions I have that I know are not going to be explored by DM's team. The crown will not have those restrictions.

MOO
In my mind MS defense team have done a good job creating reasonable doubt

It's average to have a drawer full of old phones at home.

It's not so average to go away for a few days and take four phones along with you -- and, whoops, not one of them has a SIM card.

it probably is for a thief and drug dealer who is trying to 'lay low'. Probably also typical for a murderering thief and drug dealer, so I'm not sure that it helps distinguish between the two.

Nosey Parker
That indicates shot from the rear, doesn't it? no not really. It wasn't said he was directly forward as shown in the image. He could have been slanted. Sorry if this has been addressed already

Serious question, if MS is telling the truth and has no recollection of where he hid the gun, the date he hid it, the place he hid it, the depth he hid it, his route to the forest, his entry or exit into the forest, the size of the spade, how he got home or where he woke up etc., is it then possible that if MS pulled the trigger and shot TB that he could also have forgotten all the details about that?

All MOO.

Back to Jodi Arias again. Didn't work for her.

the gun that MS did not know about? it's his testimony. Let him tell the court that he didn't care about how TB felt then!? ... more thoughts?

under MS's story it is still plausible that he was confused about what DM was doing and inadvertently dropped the ruse that he was traveling with other people. He could have done this without thinking in theory (call it a minor f-up)

... Not that I believe MS but I don't think it disproves his story in itself. Great thinking by slow sleuthy and MassassaugaRattler for pointing it out though.

When I follow that link it opens in a browser window, and I use the browser's 'find' feature, and it finds zero. If I put the cursor on the actual line that has the word 'sim', it then finds it, but only that one. I guess I have a defunct browser!

Anyway.. what I am wondering is.. say you have 4 phones sitting there in front of you, and one sim card. You can put that one sim card into any of the 4 phones. If LE examines all 4 devices, each with the same sim card in it at the time of examination, would it show different things from each of the 4 phones, or would it show the same thing over and over on each phone? Doesn't the information contained in a phone relate to the sim card? So if he was swapping out the sim card to use in each phone, would the info be different? I don't know if I'm wording this properly.

The browser "find" doesn't work in that document. Use the document search - "control F" on a PC, not sure what that is on a Mac. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13