Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Sachak is just doing his job and trying to take down Smich but I still roll my eyes at the way he talks about MS not doing the right thing when at this point his own client DM is a monster IMO. So much so that while I think he's doing an okay job at poking holes in MS story, nothing he has asked/sad helps DM. He has very little to help save DM IMO.

Ok I'm sorry but since when is MS a dog whisperer and knows how the dog was feeling? When he says stuff like this is when I start believing him less and less....

The way you are feeling could very well be justified, but I also believe that 'dog people' can 'read' dogs. I know I can, and especially if MS has been around Pedo with DM before, which he had. Dogs have pretty good senses. moo

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
Sachak talking about the hangar now. Smich agrees he has been there many times. Dell leaves for gas, Smich alone at hangar.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Sachak asks if he picked up any of the phones at the hangar to call 911. Smich says he was scared, did what he was told to do. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
Smich has been to the hangar many times, he agrees. Did he dial 9-1-1 when he was at hangar and Millard left to buy gas? No.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
"Did you pick up any of the phones at the hangar and dial the magic number, 911?" Sachak asks. #TimBosma #Bosma

Did you call 911? Smich says no. "I just did what he told me to do." #bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak says Millard left to get gas, and he could've called then. Smich says he didn't know when he was coming back. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Smich says he was scared, and he did what he was told. #TimBosma #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Sachak continues to question why smich didn't run away. Call 911. DM cldnt catch him pulling eliminator. @AM900CHML

Sachak asks if it occurred to him to just leave. Smich says he didn't have the keys to the vehicle. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Did it occur you to take off from the hangar? No, Smich didn't have keys. "I did what he told me to do." #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Smich says when Dell left for gas, hangar still wasn't open and he didn't have keys for the vehicle. "I did what he told me to do."

Smich says he couldn't take off because he didn't have the keys to the vehicle when Millard went for gas, #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks if he left on foot, if he thought Millard would chase him in a game of "tag." Smich says he doesn't understand the Q.

Sachak: "Walk, run, you've seen a person killed for no reason and a person placed in the incinerator." Smich says he didn't see Bosma...

"Walk, run, you've seen a person according to you killed for no reason," Sachak says. Smich says he didn't think about running. #Bosma

Sachak suggests this would've occurred to him as a good time to leave.

I know Sachak is just doing his job and trying to take down Smich but I still roll my eyes at the way he talks about MS not doing the right thing when at this point his own client DM is a monster IMO. So much so that while I think he's doing an okay job at poking holes in MS story, nothing he has asked/sad helps DM. He has very little to help save DM IMO.

I keep thinking to myself "Okay, DM must have told his lawyers screw it, just take MS down with him," but rationally I guess what Sachak is doing is still technically a viable defense method--planting reasonable doubt that DM was the shooter. Or trying to.

"May 19 2016 2:36 PM Adam Carter
Smich says Millard told him to hook up the incinerator to Bosma's truck. Sachak says incredulously that Smich did this while in a state of shock."

I am very curious as to the details in hooking up the incinerator to the truck. The incinerator has a lunette ring that requires a pintle hook, and it's highly unlikely Tim Bosma had one of those on the truck. They either had one at the farm, or brought it with them in the Yukon.

May 19 2016 3:00 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asking the qustions in this summary out of order. Smich says he doesn't want to say something incorrectly because he's being asked out of order.

May 19 2016 3:01 PM Adam Carter
"You did all of that even though you had a sore shoulder," Sachak says. "Yes sir," Smich says.

May 19 2016 3:02 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he used his other side. Sachak says, "You'd agree with me that pulling the trigger requires one finger," Sachak says.

I disagree. The driver wouldn't have had any idea that his truck had been caught on video. He had zero involvement in any of this. He may have gone to Tim's to pick up a coffee, or whatever, bag of milk, takeout at Wendy's (if it was there at the time), whatever. If it were me, I wouldn't have thought anything of it, other than perhaps, wow, I was out right around then, I may have SEEN these guys, but I didn't.. so I have zero reason to contact police. moo

Not even if you are driving almost the same truck, on the same street, at the same time, on the same night? Really? And when you found out a few days later that the local man, maybe even a neighbour, had been murdered, incinerated, for a truck almost like yours, you don't think that is something the police might be interesting in knowing about?I (ie. because of video cameras on businesses, for instance)

If that were me, personally, I can assure you the first call I would be making is to the police.

And yet Bullmann called police when someone knocked on his door with a Missing poster, because he saw two trucks coming out of his dad's driveway. MOO

Oh I agree 100% as I didn't see what she did. Just that the clip she posted looked like a parking lot. So that clip Claroon posted was indeed that side of road stop at the bobcat dealer? And not in an actual parking lot? That she just edited that video?

ETA: so if this is an edited version of the road side at bobcat, there should be people as MS testified that that's where they got out of the trucks and changed the plates?

No need to argue. As Abro says, there is no way to prove my theory in court. I accept that.

The video I light enhanced on my own home equipment is the same everyone saw [video=youtube;e20Ib-wZtmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20Ib-wZtmQ&list=PLhn5mdcBuBd4YSTd84K1qV0avhzWu6Wz7&index=34&spfreload=5[/video]

They pulled over on the road, the camera zoomed in somewhat. I snipped the section I thought I saw shadows which included part of the bobcat property so that is probably what you mean by parking lot.

Wish my theory could be proven, but it obviously can't. So that leaves it as my personal speculation.

From what I can see all NS is doing is trying to ensure MS goes down for this too at this point. Exactly as the letters indicated. Except one major thing he didn't consider is that he'd be going down too. The way NS is spinning right now is that DM's fate is decided and MS is up in the air, so let's make sure MS is going down. So far I haven't seen anything to disprove the evidence for DM's part in all this. Jmo

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says he never saw bosma placed in eliminator. @AM900CHML

Smich says he did not see the body being put into the incinerator, and says it didn't occur to him to run. #Bosma

Smich agrees that he started cutting the carpets and seats out of the truck because "Millard told him to." #TimBosma #Bosma

...placed in the incinerator. While Dell was gone, Smich started cutting carpet, seatbelts with knife. #Bosma

Smich began cutting the carpets and seat belts out of the truck. He says Pedo would've been there with him. #Bosma

Smich says Pedo was afraid of Millard that night too, and didn't want to be around him. #Bosma

Where's Pedo? "Pedo was probably there with me. Pedo was afraid of him too that night."

Smich says Pedo the dog was afraid of Millard that night too. "He was with me pretty much the whole time, following me around."

Sachak asks where the dog was. Smich says he the dog was "afraid of [Millard] that night too and didn't want to be around him." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 10m10 minutes ago
Smich says Pedo is also afraid of Millard that night too. He was w him the whole time. " DM shakes his head. @AM900CHML

Sachak asks "why your brain didn't send signals to your legs saying time to run." #Bosma

Why did you cut the carpets, seatbelts? Why not run? Smich: "It didn't go through my mind at that time. I did what he told me to do."

Smich cut out the carpets and seatbelts of #TimBosma truck while Millard left to get gas, he says. Doesn't occur to him to call 911

"I did what he told me to do, that's it," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says it didn't cross his mind to call 911, but he doesn't think the hangar was even open until Millard got back.

Then Millard gets back. Smich can't recall how long that was. #Bosma

How long was Dell gone getting gas? Smich doesn't recall.

After Millard came back from getting gas (Smich doesn't know how long he was gone) they washed #TimBosma's truck

Sachak asks Smich how long Millard was gone for gas. Smich repeatedly says he doesn't know, Sachak keeps asking anyway. #TimBosma #Bosma

And they did pass cameras, none of which had the resolution to resolve license plates. Nor was that resolution needed to enter these videos into evidence.

I think it was all about them thinking his family would report him missing and they didn't want police stopping them just because it was a black RAM.

May 19 2016 3:04 PM Adam Carter
Sachak makes a mistake about who owned which truck, Smich points it out and looks at the jury. "Go ahead, look at the jury, I know you're trying to communicate something," Sachak says.

May 19 2016 3:05 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says the plan was if the scoping mission went well, Smich, Millard and other would come back later with other people and steal the truck with a trailer. Smich says no.

May 19 2016 3:06 PM Adam Carter
Smich says Millard was happy he got the truck on the way home at the end of the night.

Smich then washes the #Bosma truck. Sachak asks for how long. He says for a while until Millard turned it around (hose wasn't long enough).

They washed it "for a little while" then Millard turns it around because the hose wasn't long enough

"You wash Mr. Bosma's vehicle?" Smich says yes. Had to turn vehicle around because hose wasn't long enough. Takes a while, horrible scene.

Sachak suggests the washing took a long time. "it's a horrible scene. the truck he wanted so bad is covered in blood." Smich agrees.

"It's a horrible scene. It's a truck he wanted so badly and it's covered in blood," Sachak says. How long to remove the seats? Smich: dunno

Smich says he doesn't recall how long it took to remove the truck's seats. Smich says "time wasn't on his mind." #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich can't say how long it took to remove the seats out of the truck. He says Millard grabbed tools, he doesn't know what they're called.

Smich agrees he helped Millard remove the seats. How long did that take? Smich doesn't recall. Smich says they used socket wrench.

"Like a socket type of wrench tool," he says. #bosma

He used "a socket-sort of wrench-tool," to remove #TimBosma seats, Smich says. They put interior pieces and cleaning supplies in bags.

Then Smich puts the stuff into garbage bags--the interior that had been stripped, the supplies... #Bosma

Smich agrees that he helped package up the carpets and cleaning supplies into garbage bags. #TimBosma #Bosma

Package carpet, cleaning supplies in garbage bags, suggests Sachak. Smich agrees. Then put them into back of red truck. Who? "Both of us."

Smich says they both then placed these things in the back of the red truck. #Bosma

Smich says they both put the bags into the back of Millard's red truck. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks how they both did it. Smich says he doesn't recall exactly how or who was grabbing what. #Bosma

The "garbage" went into Millard's red truck. Both put them in. How? "I recall we were putting stuff in back, I don't recall exactly how."

Smich: "I recall that we were putting stuff in the back. I don't recall who was grabbing what." #bosma

Sachak says he's going to summarize the things Smich says he did since the Bobcat of Brantford stop. #Bosma

Sachak is offering a summary for the jury: You changed the license plates with a screw driver? Smich says it was a dime.

Sachak summarizes all the things Smich says he did: changing the plates, stripping the truck, etc. #TimBosma #Bosma

Just to clarify here, I posted (#211) asking if another video exists. I remember a completely different video that was clearer, in a parking lot and from a completely different angle. It was confirmed that I imagined that (following the case so intensely, I dream about [emoji2]). Sorry if this caused a controversy. I was not referring to the bobcat video.

Perhaps you're referring to videos pointed to the hangar.

May 19 2016 3:04 PM Adam Carter
Sachak makes a mistake about who owned which truck, Smich points it out and looks at the jury. "Go ahead, look at the jury, I know you're trying to communicate something," Sachak says.

May 19 2016 3:05 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says the plan was if the scoping mission went well, Smich, Millard and other would come back later with other people and steal the truck with a trailer. Smich says no.

May 19 2016 3:06 PM Adam Carter
Smich says Millard was happy he got the truck on the way home at the end of the night.

Is there any courtroom etiquette/rule about a defendant looking at the jury?

[
Sachak asks Smich how long Millard was gone for gas. Smich repeatedly says he doesn't know, Sachak keeps asking anyway. #TimBosma #Bosma[/COLOR]

Rsbm THIS is my problem with NS. He's asked the question. The answer was given. Whyyyyy is the constant over and over and over and over again being allowed.

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

He swapped out the plates (using a dime, Smich says). They drove to the farm. Closed the gate, opened barn door. Attached eliminator.

You drove to the farm. You closed the gate after entering. You opened the barn door. You attached the incinerator to the #Bosma truck

Sachak lists things Smich admits to doing: changing Bosma license plates; drove to farm; opened barn door; attached incinerator;

"You closed the barn door after the incinerator." Smich says that wasn't the chronology. He doesn't want his words to get confusing, he says

Sachak asking the qustions in this summary out of order. #TimBosma #Bosma

Closed barn door. Closed gate once they left the farm. Drove to the hangar. Washed the car at the hangar. Cut out seat belts.

Smich says he doesn't want to say something incorrectly because he's being asked out of order. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says he's going out of order. Sachak says don't worry about that.

Closed barn door; opened gate on way out of farm; closed gate; drove from farm to hangar; washed truck; cut seatbelts; cut carpets;

Smich closed the gate when both cars out of farm. Drove to hangar. Washed the car. Cut out seatbelts. Cut the carpets with Xacto knife

He cut the carpets out. Helped remove the seats. Packaged all the stuff. Placed it into the red truck.

You helped remove the seats from the #Bosma truck. You packaged all the stuff. You and Dellen placed all packaged stuff into the red truck

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
"You did all of that even though you had a sore left shoulder that night," Sachak says. "Yes sir," Smich says. #Bosma

Smich says he used his other side.

lots of commentary from AC today.....MOO

Maybe NS should call an expert for their opinion for what people do, can do, or have done, in a state of shock. I think trying to discret someone when you're not an expert on the topic just makes it looks like he's reaching. IMO

Exactly. NS's questions come across as so disingenuous because he's well aware (even if not a psychologist) that accomplices throughout history have tagged along in the aftermath of a crime despite numerous opportunities to 'do the right thing'. Heck even entire nations have done it through history. And obviously his own angelic client did not turn in MS if it was in fact MS who did the shooting.

May 19 2016 3:07 PM Adam Carter
"The conversation would have revolved around what is to take place next," Smich says.

May 19 2016 3:08 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he used Millard's phone in an attempt to get a hold of his girlfriend because his phone was dead.

May 19 2016 3:10 PM Adam Carter
Smich says they stopped on the way to his mother's house to get his girlfriend's phone number as his phone was dead.

May 19 2016 3:11 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says the thought "must have come to him" then to call 911. Smich says the thought didn't cross his mind because he was scared.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 17 Min.
Sachak asks where the dog was. Smich says he the dog was "afraid of [Millard] that night too and didn't want to be around him." #Bosma

That seems an important answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member