Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. NS's questions come across as so disingenuous because he's well aware (even if not a psychologist) that accomplices throughout history have tagged along in the aftermath of a crime despite numerous opportunities to 'do the right thing'. Heck even entire nations have done it through history. And obviously his own angelic client did not turn in MS if it was in fact MS who did the shooting.

Excellent point.

Shannon Martin
@ShannonMartinTV
Smich "That's why Im testifying on the stand as a man, an innocent man. If you want stories, ask your client over there, Walt Disney" #Bosma

Dang, son.

May19 2016 2:53 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks where the dog was. Smich says he the dog was "afraid of [Millard] that night too and didn't want to be around him." (Sorry, quote is not working on my phone well)

IMO I don't know if anyone could make this up on the spot. This is very telling that the dog sensed "evil" on its owner at that point. I doubt MS made this up and therefore leads me to believe more of what he says. In the video, the dog is clearly behind and not next to DM.

May 19 2016 3:13 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he's sitting here now and testifying as an innocent man. "If you want stories, you can ask your client Walt Disney over there," Smich says.

Goodman cautions him. "Thank you for showing who you really are," Sachak says.

Now taking the afternoon break. Back in 20 mins.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
"You did all of that even though you had a sore shoulder," Sachak says. "Yes sir," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
All this, even though he had a sore left shoulder, in excruciating pain, Sachak says, in disbelief. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
"You'd agree with me pulling the trigger requires one finger," Sachak says. "You'd agree with me."

"Pulling a trigger requires one finger," Sachak wants Smich to agree.

"It'd require I guess one finger sir," Smich agrees. #Bosma

Smich says he used his other side. Sachak says, "You'd agree with me that pulling the trigger requires one finger," Sachak says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
"You did all that even though you had a sore shoulder?" Smich says he used his "other side."

"You can hold a Walther PPK with one hand," Sachak says. "I'd assume so," Smich says. #Bosma

Sachak suggests he was able to do a lot of things with his right hand that night. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Sachak says "Pulling a trigger requires one finger." Sachak says Smich managed to do a lot of things with his right hand that night.

Smich managed to do a lot of things with his right hand that night, Sachak says. Cutting, lifting, cleaning.

Smich: "Obviously my left hand would be operational but it wouldn't be doing as much work as my right hand would be."

"Obviously my left hand would be operational but it wouldn't be doing work as my right hand would be," Smich says.

"I've had this problem for quite some time, sir," Smich says he's used to accommodating his injury. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
Smich corrected Sachak again, in name use. "Go ahead, look at the jury. I made a mistake, I know you have something to communicate."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
Sachak misspoke and Smich corrects him. He tells Smich "go ahead look at the jury, I know you're trying to communicate something."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Sachak makes a mistake about who owned which truck, Smich points it out and looks at the jury. #TimBosma #Bosma

Judge tells them to move along

"Go ahead, look at the jury, I know you're trying to communicate something," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak misspeaks and refers to Bosma's red truck. Smich corrects him.

MS does pay attention....I'll give him that....several times he has caught unintentional (in my opinion) mistakes by NS....MOO

Sachak stops and tells him to go ahead and look at the jury to drive home his mistake. Judge tells Sachak to move on.

Plan was to winch #Bosma truck into the trailer, says Sachak. Smich says no.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
The real plan was to winch, drag the #Bosma truck onto the trailer, if it was safe to do so, Sachak suggests. Smich disagrees

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak says the plan was if the scoping mission went well, Smich, Millard and other would come back later ... #TimBosma #Bosma

...with other people and steal the truck with a trailer. Smich says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says the red truck was already in the hangar that night. #Bosma

Sachak suggests the plan was to go back with others and winch the truck into the big trailer. Smich says no.

Smich says Millard was happy he got the truck. #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says Millard was happy he got the truck. Smich claims he wasn't. #TimBosma

On way to hangar they are in truck together. What did they talk about? "I was scared," says Smich.

huh?

From what I can see all NS is doing is trying to ensure MS goes down for this too at this point. Exactly as the letters indicated. Except one major thing he didn't consider is that he'd be going down too. The way NS is spinning right now is that DM's fate is decided and MS is up in the air, so let's make sure MS is going down. So far I haven't seen anything to disprove the evidence for DM's part in all this. Jmo

Yeah that's pretty much all Sachak can do IMO. Especially since no evidence was called on his side with DM. But Sachak isn't really hinting or implying any plausible reasoning as to why DM could be innocent. The doubt he's creating with MS isn't strong enough to free DM IMO. The idea of stealing the truck, the DNA, the video, incinerator, farm, CN, jail letters, etc meant he was always toast IMO. I suppose he can only ask so much without implicating his own client.

What I do find annoying about Sachak is sometimes when he asks questions he asks them as if DM is some upstanding citizen when we already know he isn't. i.e. "Why would DM let you drive his vehicle without a license?" He poses questions as if the jury and everyone else is going to forget the testimony about drug dealing, theft, etc.

Sachak asks where the dog was. Smich says he the dog was "afraid of [Millard] that night too and didn't want to be around him." (Sorry, quote is not working on my phone well)

IMO I don't know if anyone could make this up on the spot. This is very telling that the dog sensed "evil" on its owner at that point. I doubt MS made this up and therefore leads me to believe more of what he says. In the video, the dog is clearly behind and not next to DM.

BBM - he had 3 yrs to make it up.

Animals can definitely be like this and sense things IMO. I know my dog can.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
Smich says on drive home Millard was happy he got the truck. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Driving to oakville smich says millard was happy he got the truck. They discussed what to do next. @AM900CHML

Sachak asks if Smich told Millard he put him in a horrible mess. Smich says the conversation revolved around what would take place next.

Millard was happy with theft of the truck on the drive home, Smich says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
"The conversation would have revolved around what would take place next," says Smich. "I can't remember the exact words."

"The conversation would have revolved around what is to take place next," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I can't recall exact words," Smich says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak asks why Smich didn't ask why did you put me in this mess. Smich says they talked about their next steps. #TimBosma

Smich contacted Marlena using Dell's iPhone. His was dead. Sachak asks what Dellen said. Smich doesn't think he said anything.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
Smich tried to reach Marlena with Millard's phone. "Were you not concerned this raving lunatic might snap at you?"

Sachak asks if he thought this "raving lunatic would snap on you for asking to borrow his property?"

Smich says no, Millard needed his help. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Smich used Dell's iphone to try to contact Marlena. Couldn't reach her. Smich thinks he left her a message.

"No sir, it looked like he needed my help," Smich says. He needed to get hold of Marlena.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
"We're you concerned that this raving lunatic would snap on you if you borrowed his property?" Sachak asks about Smich using Millard's phone

Smich says he used Millard's phone in an attempt to get a hold of his girlfriend because his phone was dead. #TimBosma #Bosma

we must be on break :) twitter count stopped increasing....

BBM - he had 3 yrs to make it up.

True but in this case I'm not sure he'd have any way of knowing during cross he'd be asked about the dog. Of course he could've definitely thought up answers all day in jail but on the flipside who knows when it's a detail like that.

On way to hangar they are in truck together. What did they talk about? "I was scared," says Smich.

huh?
Video evidence shows on way to hangar (after murder), they were in separate vehicles...
NS must be suddenly jumping to next day.... I find NS' thought patterns and questions / logic hard to follow...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Sachak asks which phone was dead. Smich says he's not sure which one he had--either the Samsung or the LG. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 11m11 minutes ago
"No, it looked like he needed my help," Smich says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Sachak asks how many phones he had with him that night. He says just one--one or the other. #Bosma

On the way home they stopped at Smich's mother's house to get Marlena's number. #Bosma

Smich says they stopped on the way to his mother's house to get his girlfriend's phone number as his phone was dead. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11m11 minutes ago
Smich isn't sure which phonehad with him that was dead. Had one phone with him, he says. Smich stopped at his mother's house on way home.

Smich says he had to stop at his mother's house to get Marlena's number, because she was at her sister's. Went to his room

He says he went inside to the room where the phone was and the iPad. He needed to get ahold of her. #Bosma

Smich says he knew she didn't expect him to have been gone that long. #Bosma

Smich needed to pick her up "because I was with her all the time" Smich says Marlena was expecting him. Did he call 911? No

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11m11 minutes ago
Smich says he called her at sister's to tell her he and Dell were coming to get her.

Randomname, I believe that was in regards to going back to the hanger to put TB truck into the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState