DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak asks if while inside he asked his mother to call 911. He did not. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak says the thought "must have come to him" then to call 911. Smich says the thought didn't cross his mind because he was scared. #Bosma

Smich says that didn't cross his mind because everything that went down that night. Sachak suggests he was safe at home. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Wasn't even safe in his own house, says Smich. "Because Dell had a gun." #bosma

"I wasn't safe because Dell had a gun and he had just killed someone," he says. #Bosma

Smich says he understands he should've done this a long time ago and it does sound right so that's why he's sitting here now.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
"I'm taking ownership for my actions, as a man should, an innocent man. The only way to get the truth is through me..."

Smich: "I understand I should have done this a long time ago...Taking ownership and responsibility for my actions."

He says the only way they'll get the truth is from him.

"If you want stories you can ask your client Walt Disney over there," Smich says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
"If you want to ask your client Walt Disney over there..." Judge calls for afternoon break. #TimBosma

Justice Goodman says let's take the afternoon break. #Bosma

Says only answers will come from him. #Bosma Not from "Walt Disney over there."

Smich says he's sitting here now and testifying as an innocent man. #TimBosma #Bosma

"If you want stories, you can ask your client Walt Disney over there," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Judge orders break. #Bosma

Now taking the afternoon break. Back in 20 mins. #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Smich says he's taking reponsibility as a man and if Sachak wants stories he can ask his "client Walt Disney over there." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Jury on break. #Bosma

"If you want stories, you can ask your client Walt Disney over there," says Smich.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 8m8 minutes ago
Smich. I am sitting here now testifying as an innocent man. If u want stories. U can ask your client Walt Disney over there." @AM900CHML

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 8m8 minutes ago
Stunning comment. Judge shuts it down .@AM900CHML

I spit out my coffee....

BBM - he had 3 yrs to make it up.

True. But he is very quick to answer random questions you couldn't rehearse in your head for three years.
Sachak's line of questioning at this point didn't give any warning he was going to throw in a, "Where was the dog?", question. So for him to answer that the dog was scared and staying away from him has a ring of truth IMO.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 10 Min.
Smich. I am sitting here now testifying as an innocent man. If u want stories. U can ask your client Walt Disney over there." @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16 Min.
He says the only way they'll get the truth is from him.

"If you want stories you can ask your client Walt Disney over there," Smich says.

There are at least a couple of issues with that. One is the timing, which was said to have been confirmed at the time, even though not in the officer's notes. The time also matches up with cellphone pings in Ancaster. The second is that for whatever reason, these views of other vehicles driving past Supersucker were disregarded by the expert. If DM's defence found this to be such an important point in his defence, they were certainly welcome to bring in their own expert witness to further examine these vehicles to see if they did indeed match TB's truck, but yet they did not. On top of DM not testifying in his own defence, they also chose to not call *any* defence whatsoever, choosing instead to count on 'reasonable doubt'. They seemed to be happy to leave that one alone until such time as MS chose to take the stand, when now they are making issue with it. I'm sure the point would have been made in closing arguments, but how much impact can it have if they didn't think it worthy to even have an expert second opinion take a look at these additional vehicles?

I don't think DM had made up his defence at that point so he didn't know he was going to use that evidence.

Randomname, I believe that was in regards to going back to the hanger to put TB truck into the trailer.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
On way to hangar they are in truck together. What did they talk about? "I was scared," says Smich.

She clarified in response to a question....was LEAVING the hangar on the way back to Oakville.

Things I'm having trouble with here... I don't believe the DM camps' assertion that TB was shot in a veh going 100 plus on the 403. I've made that drive many times. Gut says no.

And NS has gotta be a little careful here because every time he makes sarcastic comments about why MS would ever go along with DM if he was so shocked and this wasn't the part of the plan... I remember that this is exactly what would have to be true for DM. Even more so really because DM continued to try and clean up the mess even without Smich - involving CN, using his incinerator, hiding truck at his mom's. Nah, don't buy it.

@HefCHCHNews Physically impossible for Millard to put #Bosma in incinerator by himself, Sachak says. He was bigger & fitter back then, Smich says.

I disagree with Sachak here - I actually think DM could've lifted Tim on his own. Rigor mortis usually sets in between 2-6 hours as well.

I know people have been a bit frustrated by the amount of times Pedo has been mentioned in this case, but the comment of the dog being terrified of his owner that night really struck a cord with me. A few of you mentioned the book "A Stranger Beside Me" about Ted Bundy and even that author mentions how she should have paid more attention to how much her dog disliked Bundy. If Pedo truly was almost always with DM, in the hanger video I would assume he would have been at his side. My dog is always with me, and if I am walking, she is at my heels. So for MS to say Pedo was scared of DM that night and then in the video, Pedo is trailing that far back - it seems very "telling" in my opinion.

IMO, he's trying to show the jury he is innocent of killing TB. Most guilty people look away from the jury.

MOO
unless they've been coached well by their lawyer in the fine art of 'appearing innocent' MOO Just as I'm sure his lawyer had him practice the first time he was to say Tim Bosma's name out loud in court (pause, lower voice, act respectful and remorseful...)

I DO hope Smich IS remorseful and is turning his life around AWAY from crime...but the whole convenient amnesia with the burying of the gun, makes me doubt that too....

And I'm sure Crown will bring us full circle and most of us will be on board again that a 1st degree murder charge for both MOO

Things I'm having trouble with here... I don't believe the DM camps' assertion that TB was shot in a veh going 100 plus on the 403. I've made that drive many times. Gut says no.

And NS has gotta be a little careful here because every time he makes sarcastic comments about why MS would ever go along with DM if he was so shocked and this wasn't the part of the plan... I remember that this is exactly what would have to be true for DM. Even more so really because DM continued to try and clean up the mess even without Smich - involving CN, using his incinerator, hiding truck at his mom's. Nah, don't buy it.

Agreed. DM is a manipulator. Even in jail he tried to manipulate. And I would actually buy DM telling MS "you're already in it now."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Court back in session. No jury in yet. #TimBosma #Bosma

@HefCHCHNews Physically impossible for Millard to put #Bosma in incinerator by himself, Sachak says. He was bigger & fitter back then, Smich says.

I disagree with Sachak here - I actually think DM could've lifted Tim on his own. Rigor mortis usually sets in between 2-6 hours as well.

I fall firmly on the side of 'either guy could have managed it alone, but maybe MS less so depending on his shoulder".

But the thing is--if NS says DM can't have lifted Tim on his own ...

That means MS couldn't have lifted him on his own ...

Which means that in NS/DM's versions of events, DM would still have HAD to help get Tim into the incinerator.

And he didn't call the police.

I guess it's really just 'mutually assured destruction' from here on out.

When being asked why he didn't call 911 or just run, Smich should point out that he was a drug dealer and semi dependant on Millard. Turning him in would have big consequences for himself.

May 19 2016 3:38 PM Adam Carter
Court back in session. No jury in yet.

May 19 2016 3:40 PM Adam Carter
Jury now being recalled.

unless they've been coached well by their lawyer in the fine art of 'appearing innocent' MOO Just as I'm sure his lawyer had him practice the first time he was to say Tim Bosma's name out loud in court (pause, lower voice, act respectful and remorseful...)

I DO hope Smich IS remorseful and is turning his life around AWAY from crime...but the whole convenient amnesia with the burying of the gun, makes me doubt that too....

And I'm sure Crown will bring us full circle and most of us will be on board again that a 1st degree murder charge for both MOO

I agree - outside the line of questioning, It seems TD is also very good at preparing people for the Stand. Having been through a line of questioning before - I can tell you he probably ran through thousands of questions with Mark - all while yelling ect just as he is facing now.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 39s40 seconds ago
Jury now being recalled. #TimBosma #Bosma

I fall firmly on the side of 'either guy could have managed it alone, but maybe MS less so depending on his shoulder".

But the thing is--if NS says DM can't have lifted Tim on his own ...

That means MS couldn't have lifted him on his own ...

Which means that in NS/DM's versions of events, DM would still have HAD to help get Tim into the incinerator.

And he didn't call the police.

I guess it's really just 'mutually assured destruction' from here on out.

Exactly, he's berating Smich for not calling 911, but his client didn't either... and he actually had a phone.

And what about DMs texts to CN that the mission was a success Mr Sachak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste