Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich says he has no idea how Millard shot #TimBosma. He wasn't there.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
"So you have no idea what gestures or movements took place before Mr. #Bosma was shot," Sachak suggests. He agrees.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"You have absolutely no idea what gestures were used according to your version of events," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
Smich says his conclusion was that Millard shot #Bosma while driving. Sachak says he can't know any gestures made in truck during shooting

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Smich: "I can only come to certain conclusions about after, when he pulled over to the side of the road," says Smich.

Smich says he could only come to "certain conclusions" after they pulled over on the side of the road. #Bosma

Sachak asks how far Smich parked the Yukon behind the Bosma truck when they stopped. He says "relatively close." #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich can't know how the casing got to the back seat, he agrees. How far did he park the Yukon behind the Bosma truck at Bobcat? Not sure

Sachak asks how close Smich parked behind the Yukon when they pulled over. "Relatively close," he says. Can't say how many feet. #Bosma

Millard comes out of truck. Yukon parked "relatively close" behind says Smich. "He swerved off, I swerved off behind him."

He comes out with a gun in his hand? "Yes he was putting it away in his satchel." #TimBosma

When Millard got out, Smich says he saw him putting the gun into his satchel. #Bosma

Smich says when Millard got out, he saw him putting a gun into his satchel. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says he believes Millard shut off Bosma's truck before he got out. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks if the truck engine was running. Smich says he believes Millard shut it off. Sachak suggests he'd have to use his hands for that

Millard was putting a gun into his satchel, says Smich. "I believe he shut off the vehicle." Sachak establishing Millard would have to...

Smich agrees.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Smich denies this. " Dels actions a lot of people r suffering right now. Since my incarceration I've been taking positive steps so I 1/2

Sachak asking if Millard would have to "use his hands" to put a vehicle in park. #TimBosma #Bosma

"You pull over, Millard shuts off vehicle, right?" Yes. Must have used hand to turn key and move to park and open the door, Sachak says.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Smich; "I don't have to be involved w a lunatic like him again. " @AM900CHML

"Mr. Millard chooses to put the gun away while you look at him as opposed to as in the confines of the truck," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

...put truck in park, open door..."It just so happens you saw him do that..." ie put gun into satchel. Smich says: "What's going on?

Smich says Millard said he was taking the truck when he got out. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak wonders how Smich could have seen Millard put a gun in his satchel during that time. "What did he say to you?" He's taking the truck

Sachak suggests that Millard chooses to put the gun in his satchel while Smich watched, vs. while "in the confines of the truck."

Smich says when Millard got out, he saw him putting a gun into his satchel.
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

Smich says he believes Millard shut off Bosma's truck before he got out.
by Adam Carter 12:42 PM

Sachak asking if Millard would have to "use his hands" to put a vehicle in park.
by Adam Carter 12:42 PM

Seriously Mr S? It only takes ONE hand to throw the truck into park! It wasn't standard, it was automatic! I can do it with a coffee in my hand for petesakes!

I'm sorry, but this is just getting rediculous!

Smich says he didn't want to be involved in this. "And he told me I'm already in it," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:48 PM

"I'm on the side of a dark road with a crazy person who just killed a man," Smich says. Sachak asks if he asked "how and why" he shot the man. Smich says no, Millard told him to change the plates.
by Adam Carter 12:48 PM

Sachak says he could have said no. "He has a gun!" Smich says, his voice rising.
by Adam Carter 12:49 PM

Sachak now asking "did he threaten to kill you?" In a patronizing tone.
by Adam Carter 12:49 PM

‏@susanclairmont I said what the **** is going on?...And he said 'You're already in it.'."

IF. And that's a big IF MS story is true, I can see why MS would be scared, paranoid, help, bury the gun, etc. IMO DM probably reminded him he's in too deep to go back now.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says Millard said "I'm taking the truck." #Bosma

Millard said "I'm taking the truck," according to Smich. "He walked to the back of the Yukon and he proceeded to grab stuff from the back

"Mr #Bosma is dead in the truck. Help us with these crucial events," Sachak coaxes."

Smich says Millard walked to the back of the Yukon to grab stuff. Sachak asks if he asked him why he had the gun. #Bosma

Smich says Millard then went to the back of the Yukon and grabbed some stuff. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says he didn't question the gun because it "happened so fast." #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says no, it happened so fast. Sachak says video shows they were there 10 mins. Smich says he's talking about this first exchange.

Did Smich ask Millard what was going on? "When I approached Mr #Bosma's vehicle, that's when I freaked out," says Smich

of the Yukon." Sachak asks if Smich asked questions. Smich: "When I approached Mr. Bosma's vehicle, that's when I freaked out."

"When I approached Mr. Bosma's vehicle, that's when I freaked out," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"When I approached Mr. #Bosma's vehicle, that's when I freaked out," Smich says.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak trying to poke holes in Smich's version of events now. "Did you say 'buddy, why do you have a gun'" #TimBosma

'Right away I was confused and I asked what was going on. And he said 'I'm taking the truck.'" #bosma

Sachak asks if Smich asked where the truck owner was when Millard told him "I'm taking the truck." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
"He said, I'm taking the truck, I'm taking the truck," Millard got a flashlight and maybe something else from the Yukon, Smich says.

Smich says "he looked crazy at that point. I was in a...confusion right three. Everything happened so fast right there."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak: did you ask 'where's the owner of the truck?' #TimBosma

"Sir, he looked crazy at that point. I was in confusion right there and everything happened so fast right there."

Sachak asks if Millard was drooling, if he was jumping up and down and yelling. "Absolutely not," Smich says. #Bosma

Sachak asks if Millard was "drooling out of his mouth or yelling." Smich agrees his eyes were bulging, more or less. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks if his eyes were bulging out of his head. Smich says yes. #Bosma

"I was at uh, confusion right there and everything happened so fast." Smich says. Sachak wants to know how Millard looked like lunatic

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich said Millard looked crazy. Sachak asks "was he jumping up and down and drooling?" Smich says no. #TimBosma

"He did not say that sir, I felt threatened from what just happened."
by Adam Carter 12:50 PM

Smich says he did change the plates. "He'd done this before on other missions," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:51 PM

Sachak says the truck colours are different, and the years are different.
by Adam Carter 12:52 PM

I have one but a dually, my buddy down the road has one identical to TB'S, another one has a dark blue one identical to TB's, neighbors down around the corner have a white one, 2 employees of the first friend mentioned have black ones (one chromed out, one with black wheels) My dad bought a new blacked out version last year(he use to be a FORD guy) Ram is a very popular truck, IMO, the best made trucks to date.

Thanks CJPRINCESS - so it wouldn't be uncommon for other similar looking vehicles to drive by that area. All of my friends in rural canada have flashy big pick up trucks (and cant seem to park them in the city ahahaha)

He wouldn't have just heard it, he also would have seen it flash and would have known what happened, if his story were true.

Music, engine, would easily cover the sound, gun doesnt make a flash everytime it fires

He wouldn't have just heard it, he also would have seen it flash and would have known what happened, if his story were true.

not necessarily. Millard is left handed so would be firing across his body or head, blocking a direct view from behind (maybe also blocked by seats, etc. It's possible the flash lit up the interior of the truck briefly, but MS wouldn't necessarily have seen it.

Seriously Mr S? It only takes ONE hand to throw the truck into park! It wasn't standard, it was automatic! I can do it with a coffee in my hand for petesakes!

I'm sorry, but this is just getting rediculous!
I thought he was going to hit on gsr, or lack there of, on the shifter.

Added: which would make sense anyways because shifters are on the drivers right side but DM likely had the gun in his left hand.

I don't think he did. A blurry black pickup passed by. Big deal. I wouldn't be convinced that is TBs truck in the video either if the Yukon wasn't following it. Not enough to send a guy away for life anyway.

It is a big deal if the murder actually happened in the Trinity Road vicinity, by MS in the timeframe Sachak is pointing out. Some sleuthers already had that theory. Bascially saying, they went north on Trinity--took him somewhere to commit murder, then returned to get the Yukon on Book Road, then U turned and headed out. Plausible. IMO

"Sir, there's not too much logic that was coming from Mr. Millard," Smich says. "There's not too much logic when a killer is testifying," Sachak says. Smich says again that's incorrect.
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

Smich says they never searched for a specific year model. He's starting to sound a little rattled.
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

Sachak now pointing out the difference between Millard's truck and Bosma's truck.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

Sachak asks again if he asked him what he meant by 'taking the truck.' Smich says no, he got out of the vehicle at that point. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak asks if Dell was drooling? No. Eyes bulging? Yes. Smich says he got out of the Yukon and went to #Bosma vehicle.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Red, bulging eyes is a pretty close description, Smich agrees.

Smich says Millard walked back toward the truck and he followed.

"That's when I seen the bullet hole in the window, and Mr #Bosma lying head first on the dash."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
"I saw the bullet hole in the window and Mr. #Bosma laying on the dash."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says he didn't want to be involved in this. "And he told me I'm already in it," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
Smich says he freaked out and said "what the ****'s going on...I don't want to be involved in this." #Bosma

One of the things that makes DM's story (being told through his defense) sound so full of poop, are his letters to CN about changing his defense depending on what disclosure provided. That alone tells me he was prepared to lie like a rug, depending on what evidence LE uncovered. If you're innocent of a crime, you don't craft your defense on what evidence comes up. You don't need to, you just tell the truth.

Plus... "oh no!" and "let's call an ambulance!" SERIOUSLY? From the same guy charged with LB and WM's deaths? Um... no.

Smich says changing the plates was for cameras. Sachak says "doesn't it seem odd" that Millard would put different plates onto a truck with separate model, make and colour numbers.
by Adam Carter 12:55 PM

Smich says no matter what, they "share similar characteristics."
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

"I'm saying to you, that would be very odd or suspicious for a police officer," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

@susanclairmont Sachak asking if it makes sense to put red truck plates on black truck with a dead man in it?

They already took Tim's life at this point. Pretty sure these 2 don't have any sense. It's like yesterday when Sachak asked MS why DM would allow him to drive his car without a license...as if DM is some beacon of society who follows the law.

In my way of thinking, I would have crafted my story around what actually happened rather that Plaxton's testimony. Just because Smich stayed in the car 10 minutes longer doesn't mean he killed him. He could have hilled him in one minute or twelve minutes, doesn't make a difference, so why lie?

His lie, aka SM's story, is to protect his butt making him look innocent. He has a lot to gain by people believing his story. Saying you would craft your story around "what actually happened" how do you know what actually happened, based on what? MS's testimony?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 7m7 minutes ago
"I freaked out" Smich said when he saw #TimBosma dead. "I don't want to be involved in this."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
Smich says he freaked out when he saw #TimBosma. "I'm on the side of the road with a crazy person who just shot a man."

Smich says Millard told him "you're already in it." #TimBosma

Smich says Millard told him "you're already in it." He says Millard said "don't worry" and told him to change the plates. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
I said what the **** is going on?...And he said 'You're already in it.'."

"he said don't worry, go grab the plates." Smich says he switched out the plates because Millard told him to.

Smich says he has a gun, he just killed a man, and they're on a dark road. "I was terrified." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
"I'm on the side of a dark road with a crazy person who just killed a man," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks if Millard pointed the gun at him. Smich says no. Sachak asks in many ways of Millard hurt or threatened him.

Did he post the gun at you? Sachak asks. "I felt threatened enough with what happened," Smich said. #TimBosma

"Did he point the gun at you? Did he hit you with it? Did he punch you? Did he knee you? Did he kick you? Sachak goes on."

"I felt threatened sir," Smich says. #Bosma

Sachak asks if he asked "how and why" he shot the man. Smich says no, Millard told him to change the plates. #TimBosma #Bosma

"Did he say 'I'll kill you?'" Sachak asks. Smich says he did not. #Bosma

..I'm on the side of a dark road with a crazy person who just killed a man....I was scared and terrified."

Smich insists he felt threatened. "He was loud and forceful."

He says Millard was "loud and forceful" as he told him to change the plates. #Bosma

Sachak says he could have said no. "He has a gun!" Smich says, his voice rising. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak: Did he point gun at you? "I felt threatened enough." Did he punch you, kick you, threaten to kill you? "No."

Smich says Millard was wiping off a phone. #Bosma

Sachak now asking "did he threaten to kill you?" In a patronizing tone. #TimBosma #Bosma

Millard, after doing something in the vehicle, was wiping off a phone, Smich says. Smich was changing out license plates.

Sachak asks what the logic is of changing the license plates. Smich says that's what he told him to do and he didn't want to ask Qs. #Bosma

"He did not say that sir, I felt threatened from what just happened." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8m8 minutes ago
Smich's voice raised during this. Says Millard told him to change license plates. "At that point I didn't want to ask any questions sir."

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 8m8 minutes ago
Sachak taking smich through aftermath. Smich following..scared of DM. "Told me to change plates. I asked WTF is going on?"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Why change the license plates? Sachak asks. "Excuse me? Smich asks incredulously. "He asked me to" #TimBosma

"You don't think it's a bit odd he would choose to do that?" Sachak says. Smich says he was scared and not thinking about it. "And people do change the colour of their vehicles."
by Adam Carter 12:57 PM

"Maybe he was trying to use me and set me up," Smich says. "Ahh, the blame the Dell game," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:58 PM

Now lunch break. Back at 2:15 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:59 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads