Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19 2016 4:13 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says Smich wanted to distance himself from the gun, so he gave it to his friend Arthur to take it to his mom's.

May 19 2016 4:14 PM Adam Carter
Sachak again says on May 9, Smich "knew the police were coming for him," so he gave the gun to Millard. Smich again says that's wrong. "I never owned a gun. That's Dell's gun."

May 19 2016 4:15 PM Adam Carter
"No sir, you're not right at all," Smich says to Sachak with a sigh.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says he wanted to distance himself from the gun and that's why he told Arthur to move it to his mom's.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak: You gave a gun to Arthur to move to your mom's house? Smich: "Yes, I didn't want to be around it."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says Smich wanted to distance himself from the gun, so he gave it to his friend Arthur to take it to his mom's. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Smich is confused. Asks if he's now talking about May 11. Sachak says don't worry about dates-he doesn't want it rehearsed

Sachak says Smich knew on May 9 that police were coming for him so he gave it to Millard. Smich disagrees. #Bosma

"I never owned a gun," Smich says. Says it was Dell's gun. #Bosma

Sachak again says on May 9, Smich "knew the police were coming for him," so he gave the gun to Millard. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"I never owned a gun. That's Dell's gun. He had it the whole time," says Smich. Until Andrew dropped it off.

Smich again says that's wrong. "I never owned a gun. That's Dell's gun." #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
That's why he moved to Marlena's sister's house too, Sachak says. Smich expected police to show at mom's house

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Sachak: "If the police come I don't want to be in the same place as a gun, right?" Gun at Smich house, Smich at Elizabeth's apartment.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
"No sir, you're not right at all," Smich says to Sachak with a sigh. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s37 seconds ago
"Dell had a gun the whole time, it was his gun," Smich disagrees

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 33s33 seconds ago
Sachak and Smich very testy with each other. A lot of "Just answer my question" and "I think I did answer your question sir."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 22s22 seconds ago
Smich mentions that May 9 was when Arthur Jennings called Crime Stoppers. "Did I ask about Arthur Jennings?" Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1 Min.
Sachak and Smich very testy with each other. A lot of "Just answer my question" and "I think I did answer your question sir."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9s9 seconds ago
Does he remember a brief meeting with Millard at 30 Speers on May 10? Sachak says Millard told Smich the gig was up, he says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Sachak says he saw Dellen Millard on May 10. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 32s33 seconds ago
Sachak says on May 10, Millard visited Smich and said, "the jig is up." Smich says he doesn't remember that conversation, but saw him #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
May 10. Meeting at 30 Speers with Daly and Millard. Sachak suggests Millard said they're going to be arrested.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s47 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Millard told him police were at the hangar. Smich says he doesn't recall the conversation.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18s18 seconds ago
"You saw Dellen Millard on the 10th?" Sachak says Millard sees Smich hours before his arrest and says "I'm going down."

May 19 2016 4:16 PM Adam Carter
Smich mentions that May 9 was when Arthur Jennings called Crime Stoppers. "Did I ask about Arthur Jennings?" Sachak says.

May 19 2016 4:17 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says on May 10, Millard visited Smich and said, "the jig is up." Smich says he doesn't remember that conversation, but saw him.

May 19 2016 4:19 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says Millard then told him he dropped the gun off at Matt Hagerman's. Smich says no.

May 19 2016 4:20 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says that's why Smich called Michalski. He says Smich said "get the thing from Matt Hagerman." Smich says that's not what happened.

May 19 2016 4:20 PM Adam Carter
"Ironically, you did get it back," Sachak says. "Unfortunately," Smich counters.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s40 seconds ago
Millard told Smich the truck had been seen in the hangar & he expected to be arrested. He was, hours later. Smich doesn't recall

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s28 seconds ago
Sachak asks if Smich recalls asking Millard "where's the gun Dell? Where is the gun?" He says no. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s36 seconds ago
Smich says Brendan Daly was there, he would've had to go down to let Millard into the building. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s41 seconds ago
Do you remember asking, where is the gun, Dell, where is the gun? Smich doesn't

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s23 seconds ago
Smich says Millard came to 30 Speers, Daly was there. Can't remember what they talked about, says Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Millard told him he dropped the gun off at Matt's. Smich says no sir. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 41s42 seconds ago
Sachak says Millard then told him he dropped the gun off at Matt Hagerman's. Smich says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 47s48 seconds ago
Dell told him he dropped it off at Hagerman's, Sachak says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
Smich called Michalski that night, he agrees. Told him to get the drugs out of the house.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11s12 seconds ago
Sachak says that's why Smich called Michalski. He says Smich said "get the thing from Matt Hagerman." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s35 seconds ago
Sachak says Smich asked Millard: Where's the gun.?" Millard said he dropped it off at Matt's? Smich says no.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 44s44 seconds ago
Sachak says he knows he's going to deny it but Michalski testified that Smich also told him to get "the thing" from Matt Hagerman. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s27 seconds ago
Smich says that's not what happened.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 46s47 seconds ago
Smich says that's not what happened. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s38 seconds ago
Millard tells him to get "the thing" from Matt. And "Mark Smich ends up with the murder weapon that you say is buried," says Sachak.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 42s42 seconds ago
"Ironically, you did get it back," Sachak says. "Unfortunately," Smich counters. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s39 seconds ago
A Michalski testified that Smich wanted drugs & the "thing" that Matt had. Smich says he just wanted drugs. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s58 seconds ago
Sachak suggests the gun comes back to him. In a "circle." Smich says "unfortunately" the gun did then come to him. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 53s54 seconds ago
"Dell came over, Brandan Daly was there, and that conversation would've have taken place," says Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Smich says that conversation with Dellen wouldn't have taken place because Brendan Daly was there. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 21s22 seconds ago
Sachak says Smich decided to give the gun to Arthur and to leave it at Smich's mother. Smich says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 42s42 seconds ago
"Ironically, you did get it back," Sachak says. "Unfortunately," Smich counters. #TimBosma #Bosma

A little slip up there. How could he get it back if he never had it?

I honestly had no idea that this kind of questioning for this amount of time would be permitted. I don't think I've ever seen or heard anything quite like this. I understand that DM is fighting for his life but I actually believe this is beginning to do more harm than good for his client. Man oh man!

It's grueling, slogging and I'm not sure of the point.

I have seen another side to MS and quite frankly I get it...my God I get it. He's a bad guy. He hit his girlfriend, he uses foul language, he's a career criminal, drug dealer, thief etc. etc. He's guilty of a lot of things and he was there the night TB was murdered. He had the gun. He's lying and telling stories. Maybe he did shoot but we are NEVER going to know. WE GET IT!

If Sachak thinks he's going to get MS to admit that he shot TB he is sorely mistaken. That is not going to happen.

I'd love to get a sense of what the mood is like in the courtroom cause I'm pretty fried. I can't imagine how the jury is coping.

ALL MOO. My rant is over! :)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s21 seconds ago
When Arthur takes toolbox to Smich's mom's house, Sachak asks if he wasn't concerned his mom would open the toolbox and find the gun. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
Smich tells Arthur to take the gun in unlocked toolbox over to Smich house to hide it, says Sachak.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
Sachak asks if the thought occurred to Smich that his sister or mother might have come across the gun. Smich says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 41s41 seconds ago
Smich says he was afraid Millard "could pay somebody or do something to his family." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s26 seconds ago
"To get him to pay somebody to do something to my family or me," says Smich. Sachak says this is the first jury has heard about this.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
Smich says Millard had access to a lot of resources. Could have threatened his family. Didn't feel safe in his home. #Bosma

I have always said this exact same thing. People with access to money are powerful. I agree with this completely but not because its MS. Money buys things and people. Stay on their good side and they are your best friend. Cross them and be prepared. All MOO

May 19 2016 4:22 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says Smich decided to give the gun to Arthur and to leave it at Smich's mother. Smich says no.

May 19 2016 4:23 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks if the thought occurred to Smich that his sister or mother might have come across the gun. Smich says no.

Sachak has officially numbed my brain this week. I feel like he is just spinning his wheels and getting nowhere.

Goodman has to shut this down at some point right? Please say yes.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
Sachak asks again what Daly was saying when Millard came by the apt on May 10. Smich doesn't recall. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
When Smich, Millard, Daly together May 10 at Speers, what were they saying? Smich can't recall. Even though this was last time he saw Dell.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 58s58 seconds ago
Smich says he was talking to Daly on May 10 when Millard came over to the apartment before his arrest. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 57s57 seconds ago
Smich insists Daly was there. Says there was no conversation about a gun. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s49 seconds ago
Smich: "There was no conversation about no gun." #bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 45s45 seconds ago
Sachak asks Smich what Daly was saying on the 10th when Millard and Smich were there. Smich says he can't recall. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
"I just know that Dell came over and he left after that." #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 44s44 seconds ago
Smich doesn't remember his last conversation with Millard before his arrest.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19s19 seconds ago
Court is looking at photo of Smich's various cell phones. Jury has seen this before. May 13 he cancels a phone number.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 44s44 seconds ago
Sachak now showing a photo of Smich's four phones. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
Sachak puts up photo of the phones seized from Marlena's sister's apartment. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
Sachak asks which phone Smich directed Marlena to cancel after Dellen's arrest. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15s16 seconds ago
3 days after Millard arrest Smich cancelled the phone Millard was paying for. Looking at photo of seized phones

What if Smich honestly felt afraid because he'd witnessed Millard killing his part time lover, Laura Babcock? How would they handle that in this type of trial? It would be a legitimate point but obviously any mention of Babcock is not allowed.
I wish he'd blurt that out! Because I'm wondering if that's the truth. He already helped clean up another murder. IMO

May 19 2016 4:26 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks Smich what Daly was saying on the 10th when Millard and Smich were there. Smich says he can't recall. "I just know that Dell came over and he left after that."

May 19 2016 4:27 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now showing a photo of Smich's four phones.

May 19 2016 4:28 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now asking where the SIM cards are for the phones. He's done this already.

May 19 2016 4:29 PM Adam Carter
Smich again says he doesn't know where the SIM cards are. "You asked me the question the other day sir," Smich says.

May 19 2016 4:30 PM Adam Carter
"Just like we don't have a gun, we can't get any information from [that phone]," Sachak says. Smich says there's no "valuable information" on that phone.

May 19 2016 4:31 PM Adam Carter
Sachak has been through this line of questioning about the phones before, but is doing it again.

May 19 2016 4:32 PM Adam Carter
Sachak again asking where the SIM cards are. Smich says he doesn't know.

Mr Smich, I sentence you to 25 years.......

Less 3 years for time served and 22 years for time spent on the stand with Mr Sachak.

You are free to go ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member