Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown is doing a great job on this cross-examination. If it's anything like their examination in chief, they are saving the best parts for last.

Sorry I am a little behind today but this stood out to me.

If the incinerator *was* for burning garbage than why the need to hide it from people visiting the hangar??

Good point! Especially since DM's defense team spent oodles of time and effort to persuade the jury of his innocence because DM always left everything out in the open.

All MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 43s44 seconds ago
...then whichever the best area was, they'd steal it. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 51s52 seconds ago
Smich says they'd test drive it, make sure there's no GPS, make sure Millard liked it, and ... #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says there was supposed to be more than one appointment, but the one Millard liked the most would be the one they'd take. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says again they had multiple appointments. If Dell liked one and the conditions were right, they'd to back to steal.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 38s38 seconds ago
"Not much of a plan...he made you guys," Fraser says (suggesting that Igor is the one who ID'd them and got them arrested).

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Fraser points out re: change of clothes, (and not wanting to be recognized if they went back to steal) that they showed their faces. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"It's not much of a plan is it, when you're showing your face," Fraser says. #TimBosma #Bosma

In Smich's previous testimony, he said they brought a change of clothes so they wouldn't be recognized if they came back. #Bosma #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 22s22 seconds ago
"...Mr. Millard, and then ultimately to your arrest," Fraser says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 34s34 seconds ago
"It was the fact that you showed yourself to him that showed to the arrest of ..." Fraser says #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5s5 seconds ago
"...going to be the victim, but he was a little too much for you to handle," Fraser says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 16s16 seconds ago
"The reason you didn't care about showing your face, is because Igor Tumanenko was ..." Fraser says #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s17 seconds ago
Fraser suggests the real reason he needed a change of clothes was because it would be a "bloody mess." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
"And that's why (your plan) doesn't make sense," Fraser says. "Unless you were going to kill him."

Fraser asks, if Igor's truck goes missing, "what is the first thing he says? It was those two guys who were in my truck." #Bosma

Someone here said before (Abitcountry? - sorry I can't recall which poster for sure) that DM could have asked when he called the truck owners if the truck had GPS. If this was such an important feature that could get them caught, why wouldn't they find out before actually going to all the bother of a test drive and then trying to find out. Just seems so ridiculous.

All MOO.

DM said to AM in the presence of MS around 5:00 pm on the 5th that the mission was a failure because MS was sick, and I hope Fraser can go there. This indicates that the mission was not just scoping, because the scope with IT was a success.

MOO

In those messages, Smich is talking about his arm hurting. #TimBosma #Bosma

Now looking at texts from May 6, when Bosma disappeared. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
"The change of clothes is for if it became a bloody mess, and that's exactly what happened," Fraser says. #TimBosma #Bosma

The next day too, Marlena tells him she doesn't want him to go. But Smich was "all in," Fraser suggests. He was going.

The night of May 5, Fraser says, he went home and told Marlena of their plan to steal a truck. She tried to convince him not to.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 44s45 seconds ago
Millard texts Smich that day, "eta 8 pm." #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich agrees he was still planning to steal the truck, even though his girlfriend was dead set against it. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3s3 seconds ago
Fraser suggests Bosma was their last option after Tumenenko and Palmili (who slept through their call). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 48s48 seconds ago
Now seeing texts between Smich and Millard on May 6. At 7:36pm Millard writes "eta 8pm." #Bosma

I was one of the few on here who was still holding out that MS may not have known of the plan to kill.

I can officially say that doubt is now gone in my mind. Today it has been shown that he knew, IMO.

Fraser now talking about Millard and Smich walking up the Bosma driveway about two hours late. It's 9 p.m. #TimBosma #Bosma

Fraser suggests the description given of Smich at #Bosma house was hanging back in shadows. He was 'sketchy.'

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 32s33 seconds ago
Smich agrees that Bosma would have found it weird, and that Tumanenko said something similar the day before. #TimBosma #Bosma
e
"He must have been wondering what's going on," Fraser says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Fraser says the description of Smich was that he looked "sketchy." Smich agrees. #TImBosma #Bosma

Fraser says Millard was running late on May 6 for test drive. They got there after 9pm. #Bosma

Smich agrees with Fraser that Mr. Palmili "may think it was his lucky day." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 45s45 seconds ago
Smich says there were plans like that, but a vehicle would be moved or something like that. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 52s52 seconds ago
"Mr. Smich, why not steal it the old fashioned way? You scope, you smash the window, you hot wire it and drive away?" Fraser says. #Bosma

Fraser asks why they didn't just steal a truck "the old fashioned way." #Bosma

Smich argues he wouldn't have necessarily known it was them, they wouldn't have necessarily gone back the same day to steal it. #Bosma

Crown suggests that again they showed their face--which again doesn't make sense "unless you were taking him out." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says even Igor said he thought it was strange that they walked there, and that Dell just said they walked or something.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Fraser suggests #Bosma could've had same feeling. "He must've been wondering what was going on."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
Taking the afternoon recess. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s21 seconds ago
"You two pulled it off, until you got caught," he says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
Smich says factors changed, like a truck would suddenly be parked in a garage etc. But Fraser argues their plan was more than that. #Bosma

"No sir, we were just supposed to scope the vehicle and then steal it afterwards," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"The two of you pulled it off, until you got caught," Fraser says. #TimBosma #Bosma

I was one of the few on here who was still holding out that MS may not have known of the plan to kill.

I can officially say that doubt is now gone in my mind. Today it has been shown that he knew, IMO.

100% agree with you. I thought the same but definitely no longer.

I really cant at this point, Fraser cross seems like were going in circles...same questions but with more emotion.

Now the afternoon recess. Back in 20 mins. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says he doesn't know if he would be. #TimBosma #Bosma

Fraser says Bosma must have been on "high alert" driving away with them. Sharlene Bosma is crying in court. #TimBosma #BOsmma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody