Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute agoWhat other missions were they doing at that precise time? "I can't be specific, we've done so much stuff together, so..." Smich fumbles

The scrawny little MS is starting to crumble under pressure from Crown Fraser...

May 24 2016 2:26 PMSmich says he buried the gun because he couldn't sell it.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:24 PMSmich says he "couldn't sell all of it" in the amount of time, and there was a "lot going on" during that period.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:24 PMFraser says the 2 pounds of pot Smich got from Millard's house was worth about $5K. Smich says he'd make less selling it in bulk.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:23 PMSmich refers to himself as a petty drug dealer. "I wasn't no big time drug dealer," Smich says.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:22 PMSmich says it's not necessarily "part of the drug culture" to have a gun. "Depending on your involvement in drugs, I can somewhat agree."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:21 PMSmich says it can be "dangerous at times."

May 24 2016 2:26 PMSmich says he buried the gun because he couldn't sell it.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:24 PMSmich says he "couldn't sell all of it" in the amount of time, and there was a "lot going on" during that period.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:24 PMFraser says the 2 pounds of pot Smich got from Millard's house was worth about $5K. Smich says he'd make less selling it in bulk.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:23 PMSmich refers to himself as a petty drug dealer. "I wasn't no big time drug dealer," Smich says.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:22 PMSmich says it's not necessarily "part of the drug culture" to have a gun. "Depending on your involvement in drugs, I can somewhat agree."

May 24 2016 2:36 PMSmich says that refers to Millard "having a BBQ." "No it doesn't, Mr. Smich," Fraser says.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:36 PM"He's telling you that he's headed to Waterloo to figure out the BBQ situation this week, and he picks you up," Fraser says. Smich isn't sure if he went with Millard.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:35 PMShortly after, Millard is texting Shane Schlatman and asking "where is the big generator."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:34 PMNow a text from April 27, 2013. Millard texts Smich: "Headed to Waterloo, figure out BBQ situation for this week."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:33 PMFraser again asks what other mission that could refer to. Smich says he isn't sure. "We've done so much together."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:31 PMSmich says he doesn't know if this is referring to stealing a 3500. "We had lots of stuff we would do," he says.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:30 PM"This is you expressing to Mr. Millard, it's almost time," Fraser says. Smich says yes, "there were many missions."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:29 PMNow texts from April 26, 2013. Smich writes to Millard, "It's almost mission time. ;)."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:29 PMSmich says he introduced Millard to Isho through drugs, and that he knew about Millard buying a gun from him.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:28 PMFraser suggests that Smich was "immersed in drug culture" and was "very comfortable with guns."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:27 PMSmich had said he wanted cash to go talk to a lawyer. Smich says he searched for a lawyer around May 10, but he didn't go to one. Also didn't go to the police.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:26 PMSmich says he believes he sold less than a pound of that weed.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

May 24 2016 2:41 PMSmich again says there were "many missions."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:41 PMNow texts fro May 2, 2013. Millard writes: "I gotta be in Waterloo tomorrow morning, planning on checking you before 4 pm, work on the mission." Fraser says this is the 3500 mission.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:38 PMSmich says there "was a BBQ that week, I believe on May 1."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:38 PM"When he says headed to Waterloo ... he is telling you, Mr. Smich, his partner in crime, that we have to go figure out the incinerator thing," Fraser says, pointing out the following messages to Schlatman are about the incinerator.

May 24 2016 2:43 PM"Ok, it's fireworks tomorrow night," Smich texted back. Fraser says this refers to running the mission, but Smich says it was for actual fireworks. Frser points out that fireworks typically happen on Victoria Day weekend, not early May.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:42 PM"It was happening that weekend, and you knew it," Fraser says. Smich says he knew after looking on the computer with Millard, he knew about test driving a 3500.

May 24 2016 2:38 PMSmich says there "was a BBQ that week, I believe on May 1."
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

Well that's a very specific memory from MS and yet he can't recall the day or date he hid the gun.

All MOO.

Oh boy...."tomorrow it's fireworks" means actual fireworks, according to Smich.

:rolleyes:

I'm going to try and bring in Molly Hayes tweets from this aft. I find she and Adam Carter are the best, if you can only keep up with two. No offense to others, everyone's coverage is excellent!

Sorry for the delay, I'm new.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27m27 minutes ago
Smich says he never asked why he bought it. Fraser suggests that's because he knew why he bought it. #Bosma

Smich later took a photo with the gun. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28m28 minutes ago
Fraser asks Smich about Feb 2012, when Isho sells a Walther PPK to Dellen Millard for $2200. "That's what it looks like," Smich says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30m30 minutes ago
We are back. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26m26 minutes ago
Fraser says Smich did not give up his drug dealing. Smich says he was a "petty drug dealer...I wasn't no big time drug dealer." #Bosma

Fraser says "it's not uncommon for drug dealers to flash some lethal force and say don't mess with me." #Bosma

Fraser suggests drugs and guns often go hand in hand. Smich says he "somewhat" agrees with that. #Bosma

Smich says Millard "did what he wanted." He adds he was involved in the drug game so... "I don't know how to explain it."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28m28 minutes ago
Fraser suggests he was "immersed in the gun culture." his best friend bought one from his other friend. Smich researched. Took photo with it

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29m29 minutes ago
"If you're just stealing a truck. You don't need a gun," Fraser says. Smich agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29m29 minutes ago
"What did you think your friend was doing when he bought a handgun and (ammo)?" Fraser asks. Smich doesn't know. #Bosma

May 24 2016 2:43 PM"Ok, it's fireworks tomorrow night," Smich texted back. Fraser says this refers to running the mission, but Smich says it was for actual fireworks. Frser points out that fireworks typically happen on Victoria Day weekend, not early May.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

May 24 2016 2:42 PM"It was happening that weekend, and you knew it," Fraser says. Smich says he knew after looking on the computer with Millard, he knew about test driving a 3500.

BBM - BOOM!!!!! Great job Fraser

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24m24 minutes ago
Fraser suggests he wanted to sell the gun though (and then ultimately buried it) to get rid of the murder weapon.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24m24 minutes ago
Fraser suggests he had lots of experience selling drugs, but no experience selling guns. Smich agrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25m25 minutes ago
He did sell some of the drugs, but he's never said how much (vs how much they smoked). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25m25 minutes ago
Smich has testified before he wanted to sell those drugs (and the gun) to make money for a lawyer. #Bosma

Fraser suggests that would potentially be worth $5,000. Smich says he's not exactly sure on the amount he had. #Bosma

Fraser and Smich are now debating prices of weed, and what the 2 lbs that "landed in his lap" after Millard's arrest would've been worth.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21m21 minutes ago
But Smich insists he introduced Millard and Isho for drugs not guns. #Bosma

Fraser asks if Smich can agree he at least knew about the gun sale between Isho and Millard. Smich agrees afterwards yes. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22m22 minutes ago
Back to guns. Fraser suggests Smich was comfortable researching, photographing, rapping about guns etc. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22m22 minutes ago
So he buried the gun, he agrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23m23 minutes ago
"I didn't think police would believe me and I didn't want to get charged for something I didn't do." He says. #Bosma

Smich says in that time he searched for a lawyer but didn't ultimately go to one--or to police. #Bosma

Smich believes it was less than a pound that he sold. Can't say for sure. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
Now onto April 27, 2013. More texts btwn Smich/Millard. At one pt Millard says "headed to Waterloo, figure out BBQ situation for this week."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18m18 minutes ago
Smich can't say. "Like I said, mission was a very common thing between us. We did lots of missions." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19m19 minutes ago
Fraser says he's been able to rhyme off other missions. "I'm asking you, if it's not the 3500 you're talking about (here)...what is it?"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20m20 minutes ago
Fraser suggests they're referring to the 3500. Smich says he's not sure. "I cant even remember all of them there's so many." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20m20 minutes ago
Fraser suggests this is him saying to Millard that it's almost time. Smich says there were many missions. #Bosma

Next texts. April 26, 2013. Smich texts "it's almost mission time...;)" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Now onto Thurs. may 2. Millard writes "I gotta be in Waterloo tomorrow morning, planning on checking you before 4pm, work on the mission."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
Fraser again argues this is a reference to the incinerator. Smich says there was a barbecue on, he believes, may 1.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
Fraser is suggesting that Smich is going with Millard on this trip. suggests there are no messages that suggest he's not. Smich agrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Fraser says he's having a barbue at Maplegate--not Waterloo. Fraser argues it's a reference to preparing the incinerator for that wk. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
Smich says the BBQ has to do with Millard having a BBQ that week. "No it doesn't," Fraser says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
then we see texts between Millard and Schlatman about the generator. #Bosma

Smich says the incinerator had to be moved because people were coming over to look at the hangar or to work there.
by Adam Carter 12:08 PM

Sorry I am a little behind today but this stood out to me.

If the incinerator *was* for burning garbage than why the need to hide it from people visiting the hangar??

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
Smich then messages about his plans for the weekend. Tells Millard to link him the next day.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Fraser argues that's a reference to the mission. Smich says it was to actual fireworks. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Smich's reply (on May 2) to Millard is: "ok it's fireworks tomorrow night."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
"It was happening that weekend, and you knew it," Fraser argues. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Smich says again it could be other missions. Fraser suggests it's a reference to the 3500--this is just days before May 6. #Bosma

Fraser suggests that would potentially be worth $5,000. Smich says he's not exactly sure on the amount he had. #Bosma

Did MS mean the actual amount, or the amount according to the 'tricky' scales?

MOO

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Smich says he was doing stencils with graffiti at this time, and the gloves were for that. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Smich says he needed gloves for painting, and the "orange guy" is Oxycodone. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Smich also writes: "Can u bring me gloves and tape and maybe an orange guy?" #TImBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Now looking at texts from Friday, May 3. Smich writes: "can marlena reach and chill with pedo while we do our thing?" #TimBosma #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice