Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The use of the word chop makes it pretty clear to me that MS wasn't talking about getting garbage in the incinerator.

Instantly made me think of the music video of MS holding the bloody clever.

Ok, I admittedly haven't seen Fargo, but am I the only one who thinks the idea of using a woodchipper to dispose of a body is the dumbest thing ever? Wouldn't you just be spraying DNA evidence everywhere? And it would never, ever be cleanable. I think this is just fantasy on the part of people who saw Fargo.

(I refuse to google this for plausibility, as I'm sure there have been many horrible accidents and I don't want to know about them.)

"You needed a target to kill, and you needed a target to incinerate it. And that's why, Mr. Smich, it took as long as it did," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

"That Eliminator, so chillingly referred to as a BBQ, was in fact, the last piece of the puzzle," Fraser says. "That was not part of the plan, sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Smich very quietly agrees Bosma's remains were burned.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM
Smitch is attempting to answer "quietly" re burning TB's body? Is that Smitches attempt to feign reverence in an attempt to influence the jury? Too little too late in my opinion.

Do you remember quotes from your favourite song or movie that you would recognize in an instant? To me, his remembering "search and destroy" is to the same effect. JMO

Haha..Ya, 12 plus years later I still remember "fire in the hole" from a game my ex played. I don't play video games but remember that clear as day. I don't remember much of anything else he said lol but that line stuck. But I don't think he used that line outside of his game talk.

It seemed to me that the clip of them walking into the hangar said a lot about them. DM walked in confidently, MS was looking behind him (paranoia?). IMO

Well it may be that he was just being a good employee watching DM's 6. I believe those are MS' words at some point in the texts. I got your six......i..e. watching for a threat to DM's back.

Pretty sure they got the idea from the movie Fargo. I would bet $1M on it. I can just see the psychopath DM laughing at that point in the movie, and I can see the demented gears in his brain going "Aha! Gotta get one of those!".

Agreed .... and if you notice DM said they could get the smaller one (incinerator) but it would require some chopping

I know I'm behind in commentary, but if the tempo of their stroll on video is how the Crown is going to nail MS, then I worry that they aren't going to be much more effective than NS.

The stroll reference was merely to say we have you on film and you don't look rattled or forced at all IMO. So making MS out to be a cold-blooded-liar.

Haha..Ya, 12 plus years later I still remember "fire in the hole" from a game my ex played. I don't play video games but remember that clear as day. I don't remember much of anything else he said lol but that line stuck. But I don't think he used that line outside of his game talk.

Yup I know that one lol and I'm not a gamer AT ALL!

I wonder if these were presented only in legal arguments before. These are powerful and incriminating, not to mention, creepy. I can just see them driving around grabbing people, putting them in the van and incinerating them. Glad they are off the street!!!!

Or planting bomb in someone's base and running away. Those texts are disturbing especially when they clearly weren't talking about video games. Not what we are being shown anyways.

But I think I get the "joke"....white modified van and bombs.

Well it may be that he was just being a good employee watching DM's 6. I believe those are MS' words at some point in the texts. I got your six......i..e. watching for a threat to DM's back.

From what I saw on the hangar video, MS only momentarily looked over his shoulder to see Pedo who followed them seconds later.

All MOO.

Ok, I admittedly haven't seen Fargo, but am I the only one who thinks the idea of using a woodchipper to dispose of a body is the dumbest thing ever? Wouldn't you just be spraying DNA evidence everywhere? And it would never, ever be cleanable. I think this is just fantasy on the part of people who saw Fargo.

(I refuse to google this for plausibility, as I'm sure there have been many horrible accidents and I don't want to know about them.)

Maybe started out as fantasy, but they put it into action. Who knows how far they went with it.

Smich online, googling incinerators. Chopping... bodies
You don't chop garbage. MS is as guilty and sick as DM.
Crown has a long list showing MS involvement. MOO

I was away but trying to find the context of this in regards to the tweet: Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont
June 6, 2012. Smich to Millard: "I'm lookin at a mobile one right now. Some chopping wood be necessary."

I don't think the reference to "chopping" was about garbage OR bodies. I think the reference was to chopping (modifying) the mobile unit itself. Exactly the way SS eventually did for the Eliminator by modifying a trailer specifically for it.

moo

There was one on "Forensic Files", real life - yeah the perp was busted on DNA

Thats what I thought as well. That it would be very messy and hard to clean. That'd be stupid on their part and IMO, more disturbing then incinerator use.

<rsbm>

Wasn't a fantasy to Willy Pickton.

Respectfully, I hadn't heard of this case, but there doesn't seem to be any primary source about the wood chipper (in a quick google), just a lot of rumors. It sounds like a publication ban may be part of the reason.

Either way, in THIS case I think I'll have to agree to disagree with people who think the woodchipper was anything other than another stolen toy--otherwise there would have been blood/DNA evidence all over it. I believe that DM and MS were dumb. I don't believe they were THAT dumb.

Obviously if we hear more on other cases, I'll have to eat my words, but that's where I stand for now.

I think the woodchipper came into the picture to provide the means to an end.

But then I think, that another idea came to the forefront, and they went with the Eliminator instead.

However one looks at it, it's diabolical and sick.

MOO

Enough benefit of the doubt!

<modsnip>

How many times in the year of the incinerator existence was it used for garbage?
How many times did they use the SS made incinerator for garbage?

We know it was used a least once for cremation.

Just the fact that SS, MS, CN, AM, and MM had different interpretations of DM's new red neck BBQ purpose, raises flags with me.

I agree with Fraser, MS was not researching the incinerator for garbage disposal.

MOO

Agreed .... and if you notice DM said they could get the smaller one (incinerator) but it would require some chopping

Doesn't sound like it would be a good "pet cremation" model either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Respectfully, I hadn't heard of this case, but there doesn't seem to be any primary source about the wood chipper (in a quick google), just a lot of rumors. It sounds like a publication ban may be part of the reason.

Either way, in THIS case I think I'll have to agree to disagree with people who think the woodchipper was anything other than another stolen toy--otherwise there would have been blood/DNA evidence all over it. I believe that DM and MS were dumb. I don't believe they were THAT dumb.

Obviously if we hear more on other cases, I'll have to eat my words, but that's where I stand for now.

Google "Helle Crafts". She was the Danish Flight Attendant, murdered by her husband, whose case was on Forensic Files I mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member