Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillay is blowing some holes in MS story , but to what advantage for DM ???? .... maybe he is just trying to make sure DM does not get a harsher sentence than MS (if that was even possible)

I suppose he's thinking if he can blow enough holes in MS's version of events for the jury, they'll believe it was MS that shot Tim without DM's knowledge and/or planning of a murder in the first place. MS gets 1st, DM gets a lesser sentence. But I have a feeling Dungey is going to blow Pillay out of the water, and then the Crown is going to throw them both under the bus. Even still, all along I've always thought the Crown had more against DM than MS, but we'll see.

There's no evidence of where he was shot anywhere, yet he was shot.

That said, I'm not sure why the crown gave out a theory when they did. Just seems like something that could be doubted when you aren't sure where it happened, just that it obviously did happen.

Oddly google says 28 min drive on back roads to Brantford Bobcat. Google must be wrong. Besides we are guessing the route they drove. What is Pillay's point?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SS2Bobcat (2).jpg
    SS2Bobcat (2).jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 193
Oddly google says 28 min drive on back roads to Brantford Bobcat. Google must be wrong. Besides we are guessing the route they drove. What is Pillay's point?

attachment.php

At one point early in the trial I marked where all the cell towers were located, and I believe it was Tim's phone that had pinged off a tower near Colborne St. This suggested that they took Hwy 2 (which is south of the 403 and runs parallel to it) to Brantford, drove straight through the downtown area, and then took Brant Ave to Paris Rd and back onto Hwy 2, then turned south on Oak Park Rd where the Bobcat dealership is located. This would have been a 26 minute drive at night without traffic. But it would have been rather brazen to drive through a downtown area with a bullet hole in the window and a dead body in the passenger side. Tough call.

And as many who have commented here before, when you live in an area like this, you DO hear gunshots on a regular basis and they become part of the background noise all the time. You hear it so often you don't even notice it after a while. But since it happened inside Tim's truck, the sound would be considerably muffled, as opposed to being outdoors.

My head immediately skipped to the undetermined boom sounds at the Bobcat. Probably not what he way going for.

And you've got a driver without a licence that has never driven a highway before.

How do we know that he has never driven on a highway before? Did MS not have his accident on a highway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could be although could also just be car doors closing.

It was just as the vehicles came into view, so pre-door closing, unless you mean other vehicles that were not on camera. The proximity of the railway tracks offers potential explanations as well. Just thought it was funny that Pillay's point that sounds must be present made me immediately think of Smich's account and the Bobcat.

I never understood why the Crown decided to put forth the theory that TB was shot in that field. It doesn't matter where he was shot. Everyone agrees that he was shot so instead of guessing, the Crown should have admitted that only MS and DM know exactly where the shooting occurred and then pointed to the evidence that shows that they both planned the murder.

By claiming that it was in a field and nobody nearby heard it, they only weakened their case and opened a crack that the defence will try and widen into reasonable doubt.

JMO

attachment.php

Last weekend I drove by Brantford Bobcat and for the life of me, I can not figure out why DM would have stopped there. Or even drove that route.

Attachments

• 2r.jpg
    2r.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 195
And as many who have commented here before, when you live in an area like this, you DO hear gunshots on a regular basis and they become part of the background noise all the time. You hear it so often you don't even notice it after a while. But since it happened inside Tim's truck, the sound would be considerably muffled, as opposed to being outdoors.

I think DM may have used a silencer. He could have carried that in the satchel as well as the gun. IMO

FYI: Will need someone to pick up Adam when court returns from lunch please & thank you :)

I'll repost in 20 if I can do it. I'm working on something at work that I have to get done today. If I'm able to take over, it might be intermittently and I'm only free up to 3:00 pm.

Thanks for managing the live tweets solos this AM.

I suppose he's thinking if he can blow enough holes in MS's version of events for the jury, they'll believe it was MS that shot Tim without DM's knowledge and/or planning of a murder in the first place. MS gets 1st, DM gets a lesser sentence. But I have a feeling Dungey is going to blow Pillay out of the water, and then the Crown is going to throw them both under the bus. Even still, all along I've always thought the Crown had more against DM than MS, but we'll see.

Exactly it, believe him or believe me or believe the crown. The fact that Millard never got on the stand and said this himself makes his story a little hard to believe though.

I don't necessarily agree and I do live out here. The other week I was walking down Mckenzie road and heard gunshots, both times it made me jump. I also heard one near my house on the weekend that had me looking around. My husband is also a hunter. And the last thing I wanted to point out is it was after dusk, no hunting allowed at that time and so if you're familiar with the sounds and such, you would still be wondering why such a sound would happen at that time of the evening since its against the law to hunt when the sun is going down. And no matter what, a dog will always jump. Even hunting dogs do.

Last weekend I drove by Brantford Bobcat and for the life of me, I can not figure out why DM would have stopped there. Or even drove that route.

My only guess is that they needed a discrete area to stop. Oak Park Rd may not be that discrete, but it is a long, straight road with very little traffic at night and you can see well in advance if anyone's coming toward you. If they did in fact take the 403 through Brantford and exit at Paris Rd, Oak Park Rd is among the few side streets before you get to Paris. It could have been an impromptu decision to pull over and perhaps move the body into the truck bed. I dunno. IMO there are so many possible explanations and not enough evidence to say one way or the other. They were probably improvising and making decisions on the fly, so it just played out the way it did.

Exactly it, believe him or believe me or believe the crown. The fact that Millard never got on the stand and said this himself makes his story a little hard to believe though.

Last thing I want to do is side with DM's team, but not taking the stand is his right. Very important fact is that it is the prosecutions responsibility to show guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Millard not telling his story directly is not a negative thing. MS told his story, without providing any evidence to back it up, and just went for sympathy.

MOO

I don't necessarily agree and I do live out here. The other week I was walking down Mckenzie road and heard gunshots, both times it made me jump. I also heard one near my house on the weekend that had me looking around. My husband is also a hunter. And the last thing I wanted to point out is it was after dusk, no hunting allowed at that time and so if you're familiar with the sounds and such, you would still be wondering why such a sound would happen at that time of the evening since its against the law to hunt when the sun is going down. And no matter what, a dog will always jump. Even hunting dogs do.

Very good point. I was an avid big game hunter, and still today I notice any gun shots, and I live and cottage in remote areas of Northern Ontario. This would be something that even if folks are used to, would remember in the immediate post days of the crime.

MOO

My only guess is that they needed a discrete area to stop. Oak Park Rd may not be that discrete, but it is a long, straight road with very little traffic at night and you can see well in advance if anyone's coming toward you. If they did in fact take the 403 through Brantford and exit at Paris Rd, Oak Park Rd is among the few side streets before you get to Paris. It could have been an impromptu decision to pull over and perhaps move the body into the truck bed. I dunno. IMO there are so many possible explanations and not enough evidence to say one way or the other. They were probably improvising and making decisions on the fly, so it just played out the way it did.

My belief is they wanted to control traffic. You got a dead guy in the passenger seat, you have the Yukon covering the rear, but the last thing you want is anybody driving beside you. I assume that the road they took is probably more rural, one lane in each direction, just safer. The body is moved at the bobcat making it safer to drive on multi lane roads.

Very good point. I was an avid big game hunter, and still today I notice any gun shots, and I live and cottage in remote areas of Northern Ontario. This would be something that even if folks are used to, would remember in the immediate post days of the crime.

MOO

Does anybody know if Tim hunted? I know we saw the luminal pic of the truck bed, but was that ever confirmed to be Tim's blood? Could it have been deer blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl