Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we are reminded of why no one likes lawyers. Just throwing everything at the wall and alternating between using peoples testimony to prove DMs innocence and then calling them liars.

I know. It is really pissing me off that Pillay is focusing on Marlena Meneses at the moment.

"Her lies are calculated and designed to protect Mr. Smich," Pillay says. Pillay says Smich told her to cancel the phone, she said otherwise.
by Adam Carter 2:58 PM

Pillay also pointing to the fact that Meneses wanted Millard's weed, even after knowing Smich was involved somehow. "Her reaction is, 'lets get all of Dell's weed, so we can get high, and make some money,'" Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

Pillay says her evidence of Millard and Smich "celebrating" the morning after Bosma's death was a lie.
by Adam Carter 3:02 PM

Do we know if MS may have put the cut out carpet temporarily in the back of the truck while DM was out getting gas?

MOO

Thats a good point as we know they were keeping the floor clean with a tarp. Putting the carpet in the truck bed makes perfect sense.

Pillay now moving on to the reasons for buying the incinerator. Schlatman said he understood it was for the pet cremation business, while Noudga said it was to melt metal.
by Adam Carter 3:03 PM

Smich also testified Millard said he wanted to get into the pet cremation business, but Pillay says Smich has a powerful motive to "play the Dell game."
by Adam Carter 3:04 PM

I just realized something. I have a captive audience. LOL

WTH does Pillay mean by 'play the Dell game"?

Pillay says the Crown will assert that Millard bought the incinerator just to burn a body, but that that's implausible. "It was acquired out in the open and there was a paper trial created through the company." He says if Millard was doing it to burn a body, he would have done it "off the books."
by Adam Carter 3:05 PM

Pillay says lots of people knew that Millard had an incinerator.
by Adam Carter 3:06 PM

"It was acquired out in the open and there was a paper trial created through the company." Pillay says. #TimBosma #Bosma

A paper trail that he was attempting to dispose of.

"Why would Mr. Millard let all these people see this device if the only reason he acquired it was to burn the body of someone whose truck he wanted to steal? It makes no sense."
by Adam Carter 3:07 PM

Pillay says there's also proof that Millard had many "diverse interests," and that shows that he could have wanted to get into pet cremation.
by Adam Carter 3:09 PM

Yeah...like murder.

"They could all be true," Pillay says about the reasons Millard gave for having an incinerator.by Adam Carter 3:09 PM

Pillay says Millard wrote the letters to Noudga thinking no one else would ever read them.
by Adam Carter 3:10 PM

So Pillay is sticking with the pet cremation business? There wasn't one piece of evidence to back that up.

"Why would Mr. Millard let all these people see this device if the only reason he acquired it was to burn the body of someone whose truck he wanted to steal? It makes no sense."
by Adam Carter 3:07 PM

I've often asserted that all these people knew exactly what Millard was doing with that incinerator, just no way to prove it. Certainly CN, AM, MM, and SS anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member