Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millard's defense team spent almost the entire trial trying to establish how rich he was and could just buy a truck. Now they are admitting it was to scope and steal. Personally they've done themselves no favors as their entire defense has gone in circles and I am kind of confused at what they are trying to accomplish here. To me it establishes yes he planned it all not because he needed to he just did things because he can.

Got to give Pillay a bit of credit as he picks some dirt from DM and transfers it onto MS ... not saying I believe him but remember he is talking to the jury and trying to sway them away from the "Dellen did it all story"

I suppose the most he can gain is an equal sentence for both accused because there remains doubt who actually did what.

Who decides when this ends today, the Judge or Pillay? I know they said a day for each but what if Pillay isn't finished?

He'll continue tomorrow if necessary. Each side is expected to take 1 day for their closing argument, and Friday is available to provide some cushion room. I think I heard a reporter say the judge wants to give his charges to the jury on Monday and Tuesday next week.

Millard's defense team spent almost the entire trial trying to establish how rich he was and could just buy a truck. Now they are admitting it was to scope and steal. Personally they've done themselves no favors as their entire defense has gone in circles and I am kind of confused at what they are trying to accomplish here. To me it establishes yes he planned it all not because he needed to he just did things because he can.

Exactly. the fact that he was stealing floor polishers without knowing what it was, and trailers without knowing what was in them showed that it was more the thrill than the prize. When you think about it, he didn't even need the truck. Would have cost more in gas, but his red truck was perfectly fine.

Nicole Lampa ‏@nicolelampa
Side note: Both Millard and Smich listening intently to Pillay's closing. @CTVKitchener #Bosma

Yep, DM and MS are both there. I think the original poster was asking about DM's mom (MB)....now that she is legally allowed to attend I think people are curious if she was going to....seems that the answer is no....MOO

sorry....who is "they"? I saw a tweet to SC and she said that she didn't think MB was there.....

ETA - went back and looked for the tweet, but it's apparently too far back. It was during their lunch break....

Here it is:

[video=twitter;737703499681566720]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/737703499681566720[/video]

Court now resuming.
by Adam Carter 3:37 PM

Pillay now looking at texts from April 27, when Millard texts Smich "figure out BBQ situation for this week."
by Adam Carter 3:38 PM

"BBQ in a text message does not always mean the incinerator," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:39 PM

Pillay says there is an actual barbecue that happens that week, held at Maple Gate.
by Adam Carter 3:39 PM

Pillay now showing messages between Millard and Michalski about a barbecue at his house around that time.
by Adam Carter 3:40 PM

Pillay says the barbecue happened on May 1, 2013.
by Adam Carter 3:42 PM

Sounds like DM is acting just as he did the first day of this Trial. Star of the show.
My guess, is he wont be all giddy come the next few days, hopefully years!
Just like a little spoiled kid.

Pillay now showing pictures of ribs from that night.
by Adam Carter 3:43 PM

"It has nothing to do with the incinerator," Pillay says, saying the hangar and incinerator weren't prepared at all, and therefore there was no planning.
by Adam Carter 3:44 PM

"In the aftermath of Mr. Bosma's death, chaos and disorder ... governed Mr. Millard's conduct," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:47 PM

Pillay says Millard was worried he'd be blamed, even though he didn't kill Bosma.
by Adam Carter 3:47 PM

Lots of people could identify him, Pillay says. His prints were also on the Tumanenko truck.
by Adam Carter 3:48 PM

"He couldn't just dump the Bosma truck and run, it had his print on it ... unfortunately, he was ensnared in Mr. Smich's mess."
by Adam Carter 3:49 PM

Millard was reacting "moment to moment" and created a "deeper and deeper hole for himself," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

Pillay says Millard's decline is best exemplified when he left the Bosma truck in his mother's driveway. "You don't leave the truck that is being sought by every police force in the province in your mother's driveway," Pillay says. This shows he wasn't planning, he adds.
by Adam Carter 3:51 PM

Pillay now saying Smich's account of what happened makes no sense.
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM

Pillay says according to Smich, Millard killed Bosma for his truck after identifying himself to two witnesses.
by Adam Carter 3:53 PM

Pillay says they "couldn't possibly know" there was no GPS in the Bosma truck, because they didn't have time to check.
by Adam Carter 3:54 PM

Pillay says Millard had "exacting standards" and he was "cautious" when planning a theft.
by Adam Carter 3:55 PM

Pillay says there's also proof that Millard had many "diverse interests," and that shows that he could have wanted to get into pet cremation.
by Adam Carter 3:09 PM

Yeah...like murder.

"They could all be true," Pillay says about the reasons Millard gave for having an incinerator.by Adam Carter3:09 PM

Pillay says Millard wrote the letters to Noudga thinking no one else would ever read them.
by Adam Carter 3:10 PM

yup could have, but aren't... are they? very diverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members