Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay says contrast that with a a message Millard sent to Schlatman where he said he "can't stop thinking about what that family is going through." At that, Bosma's mother is shaking her head in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Pillay says Smich in the box showed that he is a "calculating and dangerous manipulator."
by Adam Carter 4:18 PM

"This is no dimwit ... this is a very calculating and cunning man with a gun."

"Don't take it from me, take it from SAY10, the genius," Pillay says, playing Smich's rap video.
by Adam Carter 4:19 PM

"The Crown has not established that Mr. Millard had any motive to commit murder," Pillay says. "That he would throw it all away to murder for a truck is incomprehensible."
by Adam Carter 4:20 PM

Pillay says Millard was not struggling financially.
by Adam Carter 4:22 PM

I have very strong feelings about this trial and what has transpired. I am having a very difficult time listening to this regurgitation of lies and blame. I can't wait for the Crown to put some sensibility and truth back into the equation. I feel dirty listening to all of this again. MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 38s38 seconds ago
Everyone who worked for the company got paid. Expenses were paid. Pillay cites all the equipment, vehicles at the hangar. #Bosma

IMO Pillay was doing a better job at stirring up some doubt when he was focusing on this being an accidental and unplanned shooting. So DM had money....didn't stop him from stealing other stuff. Clearly didn't do this because he HAD to......

Pillay says the Crown's allegation that Millard was hurting financially and killed for a truck "defies common sense."
by Adam Carter 4:23 PM

"He had no shortage of money," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:23 PM

Even though we've seen text messages, etc to the contrary

Pillay says Millard had a desire to get a Dodge 3500, but it wasn't a pressing need.
by Adam Carter 4:25 PM

I'm still convinced that the message "figure out BBQ situation for this week" referred to the incinerator. Here's the context from the timeline:

2.png

Also, nobody testified that Millard ever showed any signs of distress after Bosma was murdered, and he never hinted to Noudga that things didn't go as planned. In fact, it was quite the opposite: "Gonna be an all-nighter", "Stage 1 complete", "Refreshed and ready for the next stage of mission digestion." Pillay did not address any of this. He only suggested that Meneses was lying when she said Millard had a celebratory mood in the truck the next day.

Further, if Millard was so disturbed and frustrated with Smich, I doubt he'd still be calling him "bro" as he did in the days following the murder. Their little bromance continued until Millard got arrested. Smich never became "treacherous Mark" until it was time to pin the blame on him. JMO.

IMO, Pillay has done a good job in discrediting Smich's story, but he hasn't swayed me to cast any doubt on his client's guilt.

Everyone who worked for the company got paid. Expenses were paid. Pillay cites all the equipment, vehicles at the hangar. #Bosma

IMO Pillay was doing a better job at stirring up some doubt when he was focusing on this being an accidental and unplanned shooting. So DM had money....didn't stop him from stealing other stuff. Clearly didn't do this because he HAD to......

He's throwing everything he's got at the wall and hoping something will stick. Might as well get it all out there because it's now or never. I can't stand it.

Kitchen sink strategy at this point. Throw everything and anything at the wall and hope something sticks.

Pillay again says Smich wanted that Cadillac, and needed to get the truck so that Millard would give it to him.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Pillay again says Smich was desperate, and brought his gun because he was broke.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM

Millard had nothing to hide, nothing to fear, and nothing to conceal, Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:28 PM

I trust and hope the Crown refutes a lot of the garbage Pillay is throwing out to the jury.

"No motive, no plan, no deliberation, no attention to kill, no attempt to conceal his identity. Mr. Millard is not guilty," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:29 PM

Pillay thanks the jury. He's done.

That's it for today. We'll resume tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m.
by Adam Carter 4:30 PM

The dismissive comment "What truck?" that DM texted to SS right after DM expressed phoney concern for TB's family says it all. Clearly DM was concerned only about the potential jeopardy he was in!

Does Pillay think the jury will forget or overlook the context of DM's callous comments?

All MOO.

Thankfully that's over with. Now onto Dungey tomorrow. It will be very interesting.

Pillay says contrast that with a a message Millard sent to Schlatman where he said he "can't stop thinking about what that family is going through." At that, Bosma's mother is shaking her head in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Pillay says Smich in the box showed that he is a "calculating and dangerous manipulator."

"This is no dimwit ... this is a very calculating and cunning man with a gun."

That "can't stop thinking about what that family is going through" was a bit too far. How can any living human being not have visceral disgust for that obvious lie? Whatever you believe Millard did, that message to Shane was utter CYA BS. A truly disgusting lie, then and now.

Pillay also points out MIllard didn't try to disguise himself when he went on the test drive with Tumanenko.
by Adam Carter 10:13 AM

"He touched different areas of the vehicle. No gloves," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:13 AM

Millard also didn't try to conceal his tattoos. "Mr. Millard, remarkably, did nothing to cover his tattoos," Pillay says. They were eventually used to ID him.
by Adam Carter 10:14 AM

Umm, didn't he draw a BOX frame around it and doodle over the lower case to be capital letters? I'd say that is trying to conceal. Just he was so self absorbed he couldn't cover it over with a differnt word.

ETA: Sorry if this was said, just trying to get caught up.

If DM was blindsided by MS's action, why did he move forward with being bold with the vehicle in the hanger? Not only did he not hide evidence before and during the mission, he also allowed it to be on display in the hanger starting on the 8th.

If he was innocent, just putting the truck in the trailer for several days immediately after would have aligned better than leaving it in the hanger and arranging the morphing and paint job. Lack of hiding evidence is a very poor excuse when it comes to Dellen the Felon.

MOO

"No motive, no plan, no deliberation, no attention to kill, no attempt to conceal his identity. Mr. Millard is not guilty," Pillay says.

Pillay thanks the jury. He's done.

I'm not a drinker.....but I'll take whatever straight up right now !

Did anyone hear anything surprising today? Does anyone believe that Pillay's close helped DM one iota?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member