Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay says "good common sense" shows the "absurdity" of Smich's story.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

Pillay says the shooting in the truck turns it into a crime scene, and then the "cost outweighs the benefit."
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

He says the shooting destroys the object that Millard is seeking.
by Adam Carter 3:57 PM

Pillay says Millard was worried he'd be blamed, even though he didn't kill Bosma.
by Adam Carter 3:47 PM

Lots of people could identify him, Pillay says. His prints were also on the Tumanenko truck.
by Adam Carter 3:48 PM

"He couldn't just dump the Bosma truck and run, it had his print on it ... unfortunately, he was ensnared in Mr. Smich's mess."
by Adam Carter 3:49 PM

And yet he didn't go to police or tell on MS for the last 3 years while he's been rotting in jail? Ya, right.

Pillay also says Smich's evidence about his own conduct makes no sense.
by Adam Carter 3:58 PM

Pillay pointing out now how Smich didn't try to escape Millard in his story, and instead follows him to the farm after Bosma's death.
by Adam Carter 3:59 PM

"He could just drive away," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:59 PM

Like DM said in one of his letters to CN. If he can't beat the charges there is always trailer visits.

Not something an innocent person would consider less than a year after being arrested. DM has lied to everyone, so when did he stop?

MOO

He also says that Smich could have fled when Millard was towing the incinerator, but again doesn't.
by Adam Carter 4:00 PM

Pillay now saying that Smich also had Millard -- who he alleges was a lunatic --- take him to pick up the woman he loved. "This story is now fully in fantasy land," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

Pillay now pointing out how Smich put aside a supposed fear of Millard and went back to the hangar with him, and didn't call police.
by Adam Carter 4:05 PM

Don't know why they'd talk about MS not getting away from DM. The exact same situation applies if MS shot out of the blue.

Don't know why they'd talk about MS not getting away from DM. The exact same situation applies if MS shot out of the blue.

Think he touched on that reason by suggesting that DM thought he needed to clean up because his PAWS were all over this.

MOO

"Mr. Smich's account conflicts with the evidence of five witnesses," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:05 PM

Smich says Smich's account conflicts with details from Rick Bullman (about the truck and the SUV coming out of the field), Wayne De Boer (about his face being covered), Christina Noudga (about speaking to her on May 10)
by Adam Carter 4:07 PM

Pillay says Smich called Noudga.
by Adam Carter 4:09 PM

Smich's account also conflicts with Michalski (about the toolbox being brought to him) and Brendan Daly (about Smich saying the gun was his.)
by Adam Carter 4:10 PM

Pillay says that the physical evidence in the case conflicts with Smich's account too. Now going back over the video stuff from this morning.
by Adam Carter 4:11 PM

Pillay says "conveniently" Smich said he was in another vehicle.

Adam Carter 4:11pm

Pillay says that the physical evidence in the case conflicts with Smich's account too. Now going back over the video stuff from this morning.

BBM :gaah:

Pillay says according to Smich, Millard killed Bosma for his truck after identifying himself to two witnesses.
by Adam Carter 3:53 PM

Pillay says they "couldn't possibly know" there was no GPS in the Bosma truck, because they didn't have time to check.
by Adam Carter 3:54 PM

Pillay says Millard had "exacting standards" and he was "cautious" when planning a theft.
by Adam Carter 3:55 PM

Couldn't possibly know? It's a simple yes or no question to Tim.
"Hey, this thing have GPS? "
What's to check?

Pillay says "conveniently" Smich said he was in another vehicle.

What time did MS text MM that he was busy because he was driving?

MOO

I don't necessarily agree and I do live out here. The other week I was walking down Mckenzie road and heard gunshots, both times it made me jump. I also heard one near my house on the weekend that had me looking around. My husband is also a hunter. And the last thing I wanted to point out is it was after dusk, no hunting allowed at that time and so if you're familiar with the sounds and such, you would still be wondering why such a sound would happen at that time of the evening since its against the law to hunt when the sun is going down. And no matter what, a dog will always jump. Even hunting dogs do.

My 17 yr old daughter doesn't agree either, she used to hear every single gun shot :) Me and hubby? Just got used to it. So I suppose it's a subjective thing.

Millard was reacting "moment to moment" and created a "deeper and deeper hole for himself," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

Pillay says Millard's decline is best exemplified when he left the Bosma truck in his mother's driveway. "You don't leave the truck that is being sought by every police force in the province in your mother's driveway," Pillay says. This shows he wasn't planning, he adds.
by Adam Carter 3:51 PM

Pillay now saying Smich's account of what happened makes no sense.
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM
It was IN a trailer - hidden OUT of sight! lots of people have trailers it's not like he drove TB's truck there out in the open for all to see. wth and The DELL GAME

"Why does he go through all of this trouble - most significantly, why get rid of the gun?
by Adam Carter 4:12 PM

Pillay now playing the audio from when Smich testified, when he says repeatedly he doesn't remember where the gun is.
by Adam Carter 4:13 PM

"Gun-burying induced amnesia. That's what Mr. Smich had at that time. How convenient," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:14 PM

Pillay now showing another photo of Smich smiling at his sister's wedding.
by Adam Carter 4:14 PM

Pillay now showing another one of Smich's lyric sheets. "I'm running from the cops, outta them spots, over them fences"
by Adam Carter 4:15 PM

"This is where Mark Smich's mind was prior to the day of his arrest," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:16 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member