Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only guess is that they needed a discrete area to stop. Oak Park Rd may not be that discrete, but it is a long, straight road with very little traffic at night and you can see well in advance if anyone's coming toward you. If they did in fact take the 403 through Brantford and exit at Paris Rd, Oak Park Rd is among the few side streets before you get to Paris. It could have been an impromptu decision to pull over and perhaps move the body into the truck bed. I dunno. IMO there are so many possible explanations and not enough evidence to say one way or the other. They were probably improvising and making decisions on the fly, so it just played out the way it did.

I noticed from the photographs that for a truck box that was supposedly washed out recently, The box of Tims Ram looked pretty muddy to me. That luminal could be high-lighting a long past hunting trip.

. "If his intention was to murdrer for this truck, he wouldn't have left a picture on a screen for all to see."
by Adam Carter 10:01 AM

I tried standing on my head, closing my eyes, in an attempt to make sense of this... here we go...
Pillay is saying his client DM is innocent, because the evidence of premeditation and planning that DM left in the open, that implicates DM?

OK, not working, still makes zero sense. I'm back on my feet, eyes open again. Convict on the evidence Jury.

Pillay says. "... It makes no sense at all."
by Adam Carter 10:07 AM
RSBM
Pillay, you don't need to tell the Jury this was a senseless murder. That is well established. But at least we finally agree on a point.

I'm still not buying that he was that desperate for a truck. He also wanted it before JV went to New Mexico to pick up the dune buggy. That didn't happen and he ended up taking the red truck. If worse came to worse, the red truck could still go to Baja as well. The trailer would still need to be finished on time.

The circumstances weren't very good that night either. Even if it was nighttime, there were two eye witnesses standing right in the driveway. Maybe taking a chance on the theft with those witnesses seeing them, but murder? When a truck disappears or doesn't come back, it's one thing. When the owner doesn't come back either, LE looks at things a lot faster and closer.

Whatever the underlying motives were, the evidence suggests a clear escalation and intent to carry out "the mission". It starts around the end of April 2013. Smich writes "it's almost mission time" followed by a smiley. They are both aware that the time has finally come. The mission is imminent.

The next day they go to Waterloo together to figure out the BBQ situation. In the following days there are more computer searches for a 3500. Calls for test drives start being made. Everything is more or less in place. They are intent to see this mission through.

Araujo and Palmilli didn't work out. Igor was too risky. Bosma wasn't the best bet either, but they were running out of options so they took what they could get.

Here is a tweet from Susan Clairmont ... She is repeating what Pillay said in his close.

49e50c4e3385281e45b139e709382b9b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. These tweets were in regard to the IT test-drive, however, it seems that if SC's reporting is correct, Pillay said he used the satchel at the TB residence as well? Was that an error, and if so, was the error on SC's part or RP's part?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont
Satchel shows he wasn't trying to conceal identity. Also had Ambition tattoo exposed. "A powerful source of identification."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews
If Millard intented to kill Igor Tumanenko, there would be some sort of attempt to conceal his identity. Especially his tattoos. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP
Pillar " he used that name with multiple owners" Spent an hr w Tumanenko. didn't conceal his i.d. or his very distinctive tattoos.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
If Millard intended to kill Tumenenko, there would have been something about an attempt to conceal his ID, he says. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC
"He touched different areas of the vehicle. No gloves," Pillay says. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
Satchels were part of his signature look. #Bosma

Shows Millard was not trying to conceal his identity. He used a satchel at Bosma residence, pulled out satchel in front of police later.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC
Pillay also points out MIllard didn't try to disguise himself when he went on the test drive with Tumanenko. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews
Millard wore jeans and a short sleeved shirt and carried a satchel, which helped ID him, Pillay says. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
He wore short sleeves, jeans, a satchel. He was not trying to conceal his identity, Pillay says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
The Tumenenko test drive lasted an hour. That's a long time to be in someone's presence, Pillay says. #Bosma

Interestingly, RP also points out:

"All he had to do was wear long sleeves. But he didn't...It's the tattoos that came back to Mr. Millard at the end of the day."

But yet, the murder did not happen on THAT day, it happened on the next day, at which time DM DID wear long sleeves. He is making a point that the murder was not planned for the day prior. But what does that have to do with TB's murder and its planning? So much for *that* theory RP!!

Curious, does anyone think it's possible that a murder wasn't actually planned, but just happened?
No. Likewise, I don't believe the purchase of the incinerator "just happened" either.

Thats a good point as we know they were keeping the floor clean with a tarp. Putting the carpet in the truck bed makes perfect sense.

I think they put the tarp down after hosing the truck down to protect the floor from the black spray paint they used. You can see the cans lying nearby.

At one point early in the trial I marked where all the cell towers were located, and I believe it was Tim's phone that had pinged off a tower near Colborne St. This suggested that they took Hwy 2 (which is south of the 403 and runs parallel to it) to Brantford, drove straight through the downtown area, and then took Brant Ave to Paris Rd and back onto Hwy 2, then turned south on Oak Park Rd where the Bobcat dealership is located. This would have been a 26 minute drive at night without traffic. But it would have been rather brazen to drive through a downtown area with a bullet hole in the window and a dead body in the passenger side. Tough call.

I've been thinking about that too.Hwy 2 is a good alternate route. What you said or even Wayne Gretzky Pkwy to Powerline and across. Someone had made a downtown sighting originally. The timing was off (10:10 pm). Nevertheless.

I tried standing on my head, closing my eyes, in an attempt to make sense of this... here we go...
Pillay is saying his client DM is innocent, because the evidence of premeditation and planning that DM left in the open, that implicates DM?
LOL, when I heard that, I thought Pillay must be hoping no one on the jury remembers the Shafia case, where one of the convicted had on his laptop Google searches for "how to commit a murder" and "where to commit murder" among other incriminating things. Too bad his lawyer didn't stand up in court and say that those incriminating searches were proof of innocence because who would leave such stuff on their computer if they were guilty?

So as not to discuss another case, I'll just link to this, but it's a striking parallel (with the opposite result to what Pillay is seeking).

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/inside-the-shafia-killings-that-shocked-a-nation/

Scroll down to the photo of the car being raised, and the Google search part is in the 6 or so paragraphs above it. The whole story is ...well don't read it at bedtime. Pillay is in error if he thinks stupid behaviour is indicative of innocence. There are plenty of stupid moves made by the manifestly guilty.

My belief is they wanted to control traffic. You got a dead guy in the passenger seat, you have the Yukon covering the rear, but the last thing you want is anybody driving beside you. I assume that the road they took is probably more rural, one lane in each direction, just safer. The body is moved at the bobcat making it safer to drive on multi lane roads.

but he can still get to the farm on a 2-lane from Bobcat.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by meterclicks
"Opting to build an open trailer makes no sense at all" if Millard was planning to use it to incinerate a body," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

Pillay says Millard also could have put a tarp on the device to hide it from plain view, but didn't.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

"If this was a planned and deliberate murder, why not have a tarp?" Pillay says. "It would most certainly occur to the calculated murderer."
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

bbm Maybe because he was short on tarps?

Interestingly... today I was driving down the road.. okay, so for the past 4 months it seems that most thoughts that go through my head can somehow be related to this case, it's bizarre. There was this truck towing what appeared to be a wood chipper, which had a tarp tied around the top of it. I wondered why someone would *put* a tarp around a piece of machinery.. because to me, it looked like perhaps there might be something to hide.. I see woodchippers being trailed behind trucks at various times, and never see them tarped, until today. Must have been a calculated murderer, should have called the police!

ETA: so my point being.. of *course* he's not going to tarp that monstrosity to bring even more attention onto himself lugging it down the road in darkness with a body inside. Get a grip RP!

I've never understood how they got stuck on that field which is why I posted several days ago that we must be missing something. I wondered out loud whether some evidence had been suppressed and we would find out something after the jury was sequestered. I am guessing that we are going to find out about some evidence that was disallowed. MOO

I wouldn't be surprised if he were knocked out and restrained there. The neighours heard enough commotion the canines and marine divers were brought in.

Just say, "how does the truck handle on farmland, I have a farm," and enter field, or say, "there's my buddy," DM & TB get out to change car seats and whammo. IMO speculation,

That's where DM's lawyer said they stopped and DM was freaking out because Tim had a phone. I expect that's about the time SB started calling/texting Tim and DM heard the phone.

Just mentioning, SB didn't call until 10:20. billandrew's spreadsheet "May 6 10:20 pm Approx. time Bosma's wife calls him, call goes straight to voicemail."[/B]

Pillay says "good common sense" shows the "absurdity" of Smich's story.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

Pillay says the shooting in the truck turns it into a crime scene, and then the "cost outweighs the benefit."
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

He says the shooting destroys the object that Millard is seeking.
by Adam Carter 3:57 PM

RBBM
I understand that Pillay is doing his job and that his role is part of the "justice system".

For some reason I can't quite understand the BBM portion caused me to feel deep sorrow.
Does he (Pillay) understand that a wonderful innocent human being was murdered and incinerated?
As I've stated I've no idea why this one portion upset me...Pillay is speaking about cost and benefits regarding his client while the Bosma family is suffering beyond comprehension.
I've no idea how Sharlene is keeping it together. If I could be half the woman that she is, I'd be fortunate.

"It was acquired out in the open and there was a paper trial created through the company." Pillay says. #TimBosma #Bosma

A paper trail that he was attempting to dispose of.

It WAS stashed away in the barn back in Sept. I don't call that out in the open.

"Sept 5 ??
Millard texts Smich: "Let's reach Waterloo, pickup your girlfriend, move the BBQ into the barn (need some things..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hb6kEtpLa8cHCVorBuy4yqfHymGvhfHeM6s8QMWGVW8/pubhtml

I think he did this all so it was easier to blame someone else. "I was set up" card. I will never believe in my life that someone on either side (Smich/Millard) Is so actively willing to do to what they did after the fact because they were just helping a buddy out "I got your back no big deal"

... they were in love :heartbeat:

"They show Mr. Millard's descent into desperation. It's clear, I suggest, he was in significant mental decline, and Miss Noudga was a lifeline for him," Pillay says.

(it's called being deranged and having no sleep after committing murder and coming off oxy at the same time.)

"Don't take it from me, take it from SAY10, the genius," Pillay says, playing Smich's rap video.
by Adam Carter 4:19 PM

"The Crown has not established that Mr. Millard had any motive to commit murder," Pillay says. "That he would throw it all away to murder for a truck is incomprehensible."
by Adam Carter 4:20 PM

Pillay says Millard was not struggling financially.
by Adam Carter 4:22 PM

AM gave the motive--he did it for a thrill.

O/T where is Snooperduper? Haven't seen this poster for awhile. TIA

anyone in contact with snooper? Not like him/her to disappear, they were one of the main media tweeters for us here. Come back snooper,we miss you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange