Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, does anyone think it's possible that a murder wasn't actually planned, but just happened?

Nope this was all planned. They figured that they'd have more time before he was reported missing and there wouldn't be this much attention on this as there was. By the time police started focusing on it as a missing person the body would be gone, evidence all cleaned up, truck painted, VIN swapped and interior changed out to leather.

They figured the police would treat it the same as LB.

The phrase it 'just happened' never fails to amuse me. The weather happens....a trip on a rug happens.....but a murder.
Geez, somewhere in a murder surely there has been some human cognitive effort. Just the act of being prepared or equipped to commit a murder should make it clear that murders don't just happen.

I'm so glad that Dungey and the Crown are giving their closing arguments after this joke of one. Those will make much more sense.

Curious, does anyone think it's possible that a murder wasn't actually planned, but just happened?

No. They both say this was a scoping mission, so why do they have at least one gun? Why is the mission an all nighter if successful? Their intent was always to kill Bosma, drive to the farm and spend the night incinerating him.

Nope this was all planned. They figured that they'd have more time before he was reported missing and there wouldn't be this much attention on this as there was. By the time police started focusing on it as a missing person the body would be gone, evidence all cleaned up, truck painted, VIN swapped and interior changed out to leather.

They figured the police would treat it the same as LB.

DM and MS never considered that someone in LE would be close to the Bosmas either.

If you look at their past history of petty crime and stealing (and that doesn't include the alleged murders of WM and LB), I don't think Tim's murder just happened. I think they thought they were invincible (especially DM) and that they'd have more time to clean up, get their stories straight if needed and would be fine. Let's not forget he had a farm and likely thought it would be easy to cover it up with the farm and money at his disposal.

Court now resuming. Jury being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

I think the fact that you're even asking the question shows that Pillay is effective so far. Call me crazy, but I have to wonder - if even for a moment - if the murder was in fact planned or if planned, perhaps it was the way it went down that deviated from the plan? But whenever I question things, I am led back to the convenient incinerator that had no legitimate purpose other than to dispose of human beings including TB! I believe the murder was planned by both accused - together - and that only the timing of TB's actual murder may have caused a glitch in their plan and that was only because TB was killed inside the vehicle.

All MOO.

No, I don't think so. While there might be several elements to what actually happened that were not "according to plan", I think DM wanted someone to end up in the incinerator. It is difficult to believe they "accidentally" killed TB and immediately came up with the plan to use the incinerator and then executed that plan so calmly. Who would be able to do that without having thought about it before? MOO.

"Calmly" probably is not the right word. But I'm thinking about how deliberate their actions seemed in going to get the Eliminator and tow it to the hanger, how they appear on the video from the hanger, in the video picking up MM the next morning, about how MM reported they were happy, about how DM texted CN about "mission digestion".

MOO

Pillay now resuming.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

"The hangar was integral to the aftermath of this incident," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

That's where the incineration happened and the truck was stripped, Pillay says. There was no power, tools or water at the farm.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

I wonder if they brought a loaded gun(s) on the Bobcat and wood chipper missions, too. Just in case a murder might happen.

Pillay says it's "clear" that Millard wasn't planning to use the hangar like this, and shows there was no planning.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

Pillay says that Millard didn't tell his employees not to go to work until early on May 7. "These messages show that Mr. Millard didn't not turn his mind to the need to call off his employees until 5:57 a.m."
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

It's clear that he's figuring things out as he goes along."
by Adam Carter 11:05 AM

I don't think it would ever have functioned in a closed trailer, would it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it would. (Not that Pillay's argument about this holds any sway)

Somebody linked to this mobile cremation company many, many threads ago: http://www.mobilepetcremation.com.sg/about.php

Looks like their incinerator is enclosed. I'm sure venting the exhaust properly is key.

I wonder if they brought a loaded gun(s) on the Bobcat and wood chipper missions, too. Just in case a murder might happen.

Yes and when they scoped out a security guard on one of their missions - was anyone armed in case the security guard caught them?

All MOO.

Pillay says if Millard was planning a murder, he would have ensured that the hangar was free for a couple of days to clean up.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

"He did not plan to kill anyone on May 6," Pillay says.

Less than an hour before the Bosma test drive, Millard is texting with Schlatman and doesn't say anything about not going to the hangar," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

I think the fact that you're even asking the question shows that Pillay is effective so far. Call me crazy, but I have to wonder - if even for a moment - if the murder was in fact planned or if planned, perhaps it was the way it went down that deviated from the plan? But whenever I question things, I am led back to the convenient incinerator that had no legitimate purpose other than to dispose of human beings including TB! I believe the murder was planned by both accused - together - and that only the timing of TB's actual murder may have caused a glitch in their plan and that was only because TB was killed inside the vehicle.

All MOO.

I don't think he's effective at all, in that his closing isn't changing what I've already considered over the years. I have wondered if the gun came out as a scare tactic and then accidentally went off during a struggle or a panic (that does happen), but then I think about all the other evidence, as well as the charges for DM's dad and LB and then I throw those thoughts out the window.

"Calmly" probably is not the right word. But I'm thinking about how deliberate their actions seemed in going to get the Eliminator and tow it to the hanger, how they appear on the video from the hanger, in the video picking up MM the next morning, about how MM reported they were happy, about how DM texted CN about "mission digestion".

MOO

Sorry to quote myself here, but the thread is moving so fast!

Also, what about DM texting with 3 different women and flirting while the Eliminator was incinerating TB!

Pillay says if Millard was planning a murder, he would have ensured that the hangar was free for a couple of days to clean up.

"He did not plan to kill anyone on May 6," Pillay says.

Less than an hour before the Bosma test drive, Millard is texting with Schlatman and doesn't say anything about not going to the hangar," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

Telling people way a head of time would have raised some eyebrows and people asking questions that he likely didn't want to answer. A last minute don't come in make it seem like a surprise and he just go the info himself. Less questions from everyone involved.

Pillay says this "proves beyond question" that Millard had no intention to murder.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

Pillay now showing a timeline of the events and the fact that Millard didn't let the workers know earlier they didn't need to come to work.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Pillay now saying the failure to conceal the Bosma truck shows there was no plan.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member