Bosma Murder Trial 06.1.16 - Day 57 - Closing Arguments Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said 4-5 ft tall and from this video, it looks like some of the vegetation in the field is that tall. It's not unusual to find weeds on my property that are taller than I am (5' and change).

[video=youtube;uqI1vTVGLVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqI1vTVGLVk[/video]:

Sorry if this was already said but wasn't that video remake done in June?

Dungey apologizes for "jumping around a bit," but says he doesn't "rehearse his stuff."
by Adam Carter 1:32 PM

Dungey now talking about when Bosma's truck was in the hangar, out in the open. "Are these the actions of an innocent man, or a man who is delusional? A man who thinks he can get away with anything and everything?"
by Adam Carter 1:33 PM

Dungey says we know it's not true that the truck was "ruined" when Bosma was shot in the truck.
by Adam Carter 1:34 PM

Sorry if this was already said but wasn't that video remake done in June?

Good point. It's not mentioned in the video's description. I don't know when they searched the field but recall they didn't interview Bullman right away.

Did the Police visit the hanger prior to AJ calling crime stoppers? I thought it was the other way around.. I believe DM had enough time to move Tims truck out of there before the police arrived.

AJ called and reported the VIN. He called back a while later and got confirmation of the fact that it was Tim's truck, but would not provide the truck's location to Crimestoppers. He told Shane he called, Shane told Dell, Dell fired AJ and moved the truck. The next day police arrived, presumably via the ambition tattoo line of investigation. AJ contacted police sometime after that.

"He's turning the Bosma truck into a truck that won't be recognized," Dungey says. "Are these the actions of a man who is innocent?"
by Adam Carter 1:35 PM

Dungey now talking about Millard's text to Shane Schlatman where he says he can't stop thinking about what "that family is going through" around the same period Noudga is giving Millard oral sex.
by Adam Carter 1:36 PM

"How he feels for the Bosma family? He's having oral sex in the car. He's getting rid of the Eliminator," Dungey bellows. "We're to believe that he feels sympathy?"
by Adam Carter 1:37 PM

"This is a cold, calculated individual. He doesn't care at all about the Bosmas," Dungey says. "I find it rather appalling."
by Adam Carter 1:38 PM

"Look into the mindset of what we're dealing with here," Dungey tells the jury.
by Adam Carter 1:39 PM

"To me? A cold hearted killer. Simple as that, folks. He doesn't care about anyone."
by Adam Carter 1:39 PM

"He's turning the Bosma truck into a truck that won't be recognized," Dungey says. "Are these the actions of a man who is innocent?"
by Adam Carter 1:35 PM

Dungey now talking about Millard's text to Shane Schlatman where he says he can't stop thinking about what "that family is going through" around the same period Noudga is giving Millard oral sex.
by Adam Carter 1:36 PM

"How he feels for the Bosma family? He's having oral sex in the car. He's getting rid of the Eliminator," Dungey bellows. "We're to believe that he feels sympathy?"
by Adam Carter 1:37 PM

Brutal for the Bosma family to hear it this way, but it's a strong and valid point.

Dungey says it doesn't make any sense unless there's something "twisted and wrong" here.
by Adam Carter 1:40 PM

Millard is looking skyward in the courtroom as Dungey talks about him wrecking his excavator. "We're dealing with someone who has been out of control for a long time," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 1:41 PM

Dungey says his client is a "petty thief" at this point in his life, going along with stealing because he needs money. "He's no altar boy. But he's not twisted and demented as I say Mr. Millard is."
by Adam Carter 1:43 PM

Dungey apologizes for "jumping around a bit," but says he doesn't "rehearse his stuff."
by Adam Carter 1:32 PM

I don't get it. How can jumping around all over the place possibly be better advocacy than presenting a concise, organized, easy to follow argument. If you have to apologize for not rehearsing, perhaps you should have rehearsed. A man's freedom may very well hang in the balance. If I was Smich, I would not be impressed.
JMO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
#Bosma jury is back. Dungey apologizes for "jumping around" in his closing arguments. Says if he wrote everything down we'd be here days.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Dungey tells the jury he's sorry for jumping around. Says that's good because if he followed the script we'd be here for days. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11m11 minutes ago
Dungey has a very informal way with the jurors. They seem to respond to that.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
Think of how Milard acted when the #TimBosma truck was on the tarp in the hangar, Dungey says to jury.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Dungey focuses on the actions of Millard after #Bosma was killed. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
Are his the actions of an innocent man? Or a man who is delusional and thinks he can get away with anything and everything?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Murder in the truck did not murder truck, says Dungey. Schlatman says Millard always strips the trucks. Always takes out carpeting.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
Millard always strips his trucks, Dungey says. Millard told Schlatman he bought the truck with no carpets or seats.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Millard planned to have the #Bosma truck painted, and asked his mechanic to take the windshield out of his red truck to switch VIN #s

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
Millard wants truck painted red. Sends Schlatman to take windshield out to transfer VINs.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Millard directed Shane Schlatman to get a windshield remover so he could swap VINs with his other truck. He told Schlatman he bought it.

"He's turning the #Bosma truck into a truck that won't be recognized," says Dungey.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Are these the actions of an innocent man? Dungey asks. Even more disturbing, says Dungey, is a text between Millard & Schlatman

Dungey says what finds disturbing are the texts btwn Millard and Schlatman the night of May 9. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
Millard was with Noudga that day, May 9th, moving the incinerator and #TimBosma truck. & giving Millard fellatio, Dungey recalls

Later a text chat between Millard and Schlatman while Noudga is giving Millard "pleasure, fellatio, oral sex," Dungey reminds jury.

These were sent around the same time that Noudga said she was giving him oral sex, Dungey points out. #Bosma

The text was about the truck, Dungey says. Schlatman suggests he call police. Millard says he feels for the #Bosma family.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
The texts are about the truck, about how he can't stop thinking about the #Bosma family.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8m8 minutes ago
Text is about truck maybe being stolen. Millard text is about how he feels bad for the #Bosma family.

At the same time Millard is moving the eliminator, truck and gun, "and we're supposed to believe he feels sympathy?"

"We're to believe he feels sympathy?" Dungey says--as he drives to move the truck, drop off the toolbox. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV [video=twitter;738021995133186048]https://twitter.com/PeterAkmanCTV/status/738021995133186048[/video]
More long stares into the gallery by Dellen Millard. Looking for a while at group of #Bosma family/supporters. Not sure why he would.

Maybe looking for some facial reactions of these closing arguments to some people he has started to recognize by now. (?)

Dungey says Millard's counsel has said how distraught Millard was. "Do his actions look like a man digging a hole, or a man who looks completely in control?
by Adam Carter 1:45 PM

Dungey says Millard doesn't seem distraught at all in his texts to Michalski the day of the murder. Says things are "swell."
by Adam Carter 1:47 PM

Dungey also pointing out how Millard told Michalski after that he "got the truck." "Is this a man distraught ... or is this the cold killer?" Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 1:48 PM

"This is a cold calculated individual. He doesn't care at all about the Bosma's or the #Bosma family," Dungey says.

"This is a cold, calculating individual. He doesn't care about the Bosma family." Dungey finds it "rather appalling" that this is sympathy..

..he's feeling for the Bosma family while he's getting oral sex from Noudga. "Try to look into the mindset of what we're dealing with here."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
"what kind of a personality are we dealing with here?" Dungey says. "To me, a cold hearted killer. He doesn't care about anybody." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
ha ha ha who gives a damn? Steal from a guy in the middle of the day? A wood chipper, a bobcat... something is a little twisted here.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
"He doesn't care, he's Mr. Millionaire...who cares about you the average guy." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Does it exonerate my client? No. My client is a petty drug dealer. He goes along because he needs money. He's no altar boy...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Dungey says this doesn't exonerate his client--his client is no boyscout. "But he's not twisted and demented as I say Mr Millard is." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
But he's not sick twisted and demented like I say Millard is, Dungey says. Smich doesn't have hangars, apts, planes, buildings.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Dungey says Smich was paid pennies to do petty thefts, and thought he was on another theft that night. #Bosma

There's no evidence Smich was supposed to get the Cadillac for stealing the truck, but for all the other stuff he'd done for Millard in past

Smich doesn't even have a driver's license. Dungey says the Cadillac and this idea of him driving to Calgary is a red herring. #Bosma

The Cadillac is a red herring, Dungey says. Smich didn't have a license, how was he going to register it and take it to Calgary?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Dungey making issue out of fact Millard team threw "red herring" out about Smich's missing red hoodie. Smich said it was at MapleGate.

He says the red sweater Smich was grilled about (the one he wore that night, and doesn't know where it is) is another red herring. #Bosma

The red hoodie is a red herring too, Dungey says. Smich was asked where it was on the stand and said he thought he saw it in disclosure pics

Smich knew that from disclosure. Millard team never went back to the issue.

Dungey also tells the jury there's no evidence to support the suggestion that Millard got the gun from Smich, before giving it to Hagerman.
by Adam Carter 1:50 PM

"Millard had the gun the whole time."

Dungey says the jury also can't consider the Crown's position on what happened with the gun.

He says its like they're dealing with "split personalities" with Millard. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Dungey suggests to the jury that Millard has a split personality. #TimBosma

Meneses was worried May 6, because she was expecting Smich back early. She gets hold of Michalski & he calls Millard.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
This is during the murder & aftermath, Dungey says, but what does Millard say to Michalski? "Swell."

Millard texts Michalski on night of the murder. Says things are "Swell."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
"Is this a man distraught?...So shaken up he doesn't know what to do?"

"Is this man distraught?" Dungey asks. "This is a cold calculated murderer."

Michalski described Millard as "acting normal" on May 7. Millard told him, "I got the truck." Is this a man who is distraught? Dungey asks

Night of May 7. Michalski says Millard is normal. Millard tells him: "I got the truck." Dungey asks "Is this a man who is distraught?"

"Or is this the cold killer, who got the truck?" Dungey says Millard also told Meneses he got the truck.

"Or is this the cold killer?" He'd also told Meneses that morning, "I got the truck." Dungey says that's all Millard cared about.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Dungey calls Millard "a cold hearted killer." #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey again pointing out Millard team has no evidence to support their scenario. They said Millard gets gun from Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey says another evidence-less "suggestion" from Millard is that he got the gun from Smich. Dungey says not true. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
No evidence that Millard got the gun from Smich either, Dungey says. "Millard had the gun all the time." #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"We're not dealing with someone who's rational," Dungey says. "We're dealing with someone who's been out of control for a long time." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
No evidence of that, says Dungey. "And you can't consider it at all." Also can't consider Crown theory of gun.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Crown suggested Millard talked to Smich about what to do about the gun when he stopped in Oakville May 10, just before arrest. Not evidence.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey tells jury NO evidence Millard gave gun to Smich. Suggestions aren't evidence. Smich never agreed to it.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey says there's no evidence about what happened afterwards with the gun. #Bosma

Dungey now talking about the Plaxton video report. Dungey says Pillay's version of that is "nothing more than a theory."
by Adam Carter 1:53 PM

"Mr. Smich testified. He said it didn't happen that way ... where is the evidence of this?"
by Adam Carter 1:54 PM

Dungey now asking where it is exactly Millard's lawyers got their information saying the video timestamp there was over three hours off.
by Adam Carter 1:55 PM

Did anyone else catch this when Mark was testifying?:

when DM lawyer was talking about the gun. At the end, he said something about how MS got the gun back and MS said unfortunately yeah I did. So he admitted that he had the gun, and then got it back... No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95