Bosma Murder Trial 06.1.16 - Day 57 - Closing Arguments Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just recalling SB saying they wanted to unload the car because it constantly needed repairs, spent $10,000 in repairs, so a) wondering if that was the same case for DM's red RAM and b) why steal an older vehicle, why not a brand new one? Maybe that's been answered.All the more reason to believe it doesn't add up.

I think he just wanted the engine in that vehicle (cummins), old ... new ... didn't matter, he had to have it.

I'm wondering how time will be calculated. Like if they get 25 yrs for this murder, don't they subtract the 3 already served? So when does time for the next murder start being calculated from?

Murder 1 does not include time served ... murder 2 and lower does.

Dungey said Millard was a rapper too. He may have had a way with words, but he was more like a bizarro Shakespeare who wrote a few cringey rhymes to Noudga. Does anyone else find the idea of Millard rapping absolutely ridiculous?

"Cringey" is the word, spot on. Actually I find the whole "ghetto" dialect that we see coming from the two defendants in their text messages Cringey -- trying to act so hip from their cushy middle class parents' homes in suburbia. Their sudo gangster act, trying so desperately to be cool. Acting as if they had dealt with strife , poverty and adversity. Sounding stupid and spoilt. As if anyone ever needed a "Chrome piece" to survive in North Oakville (or anywhere in Oakville). Wonder how the little lord Faunterloys would have done dropped into some inner city area.
Perhaps they will have more opportunity to practice their lexicon in prison. Wonder if it will bring them credibility there or just laughter.

Was just recalling SB saying they wanted to unload the car because it constantly needed repairs, spent $10,000 in repairs, so a) wondering if that was the same case for DM's red RAM and b) why steal an older vehicle, why not a brand new one? Maybe that's been answered.All the more reason to believe it doesn't add up.

IMO DM was getting antsy and time was running out. And let's not forget DM asked "Should I steal from the a-hole or the nice guy?" To me the whole thing was planned in advance.

I think he just wanted the engine in that vehicle (cummins), old ... new ... didn't matter, he had to have it.
also he had a full time mechanic to cater to vehicles so repair bills would be irrelevant

I'm wondering how time will be calculated. Like if they get 25 yrs for this murder, don't they subtract the 3 already served? So when does time for the next murder start being calculated from?
My understanding the years before a trial is counted as double. Then the remaining years. So 6+19. But I have been known to be wrong. Lol

I wonder if DM will have the same council for the LB and WM cases. I could see him throwing a tantrum if he is convicted in Tim's murder and that seems likely. I know in the letters he alluded to representing himself in those cases. After this he probably thinks he can do a better job when in reality this should show him even the best lawyers have trouble.

MS would be smart to keep Dungey for the LB case but who knows.

Apparently DM has hired a different lawyer for the WM case, Peter Boushy, and he says he is representing himself in the LB case.

Dungey will be representing MS in the LB case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My understanding the years before a trial is counted as double. Then the remaining years. So 6+19. But I have been known to be wrong. Lol

I've never heard of the "years before a trial are [is] counted as double"rule in Canada before, but I also may be wrong.

Apparently DM has hired a different lawyer for the WM case, Peter Boushy, and he says he is representing himself in the LB case.

Dungey will be representing MS in the LB case.

Yeah I'm just curious if DM sticks to what he says. Especially since he changed lawyers earlier in the Bosma case. I just wouldn't be surprised if he gets mad and decides to represent himself in both cases.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s29 seconds ago
Dungey also mentions Schlatman in his "cast of characters" and their "labyrinth of lies." Schlatman "hears no evil, sees no evil..."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s14 seconds ago
He references Shane Schlatman who he says also lied to police. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
Schlatman lies to police by saying he doesn't know where red truck is. He hid it behind friend's house.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 24s25 seconds ago
What about Shane Schlatman, Millard's mechanic, who sees and hears no evil? Dungey says

RSBM BBM
I dont recall ever reading this, anyone else??? It kind of surprised me, it just illustrates moreso to me how much SS must've known.
Why this guy was never charged, I'll never understand. I know AJ stated he regrets not doing more, but to have his daughter married to this man and have this example for a father figure for his grandchildren?? What a disgusting excuse for a man. MOO

Dungey clarified this issue when MS took the stand in his opening statement. There was never any mention it was this case, and the confusion came from assumptions made because it was in the media after he was arrested for TB's murder.

MOO

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. I'm pages behind so I'm not sure if it has been completely cleared up. The confusion seems to only be answered with people's own opinions/assumptions and nothing concrete seems to have been confirmed.

It was my understanding the MS had two different breaches. The breach for contacting AS (the no contact order from the graffiti charge) was for their contact when MS got him to collect the drugs and toolbox for him after DM's arrest. But there was a second breach charge for MS for contacting his girlfriend while he was in jail and that breach occurred between April 10 and July 31 of 2014.

Mark Smich was charged Monday by Det. Mark Carbone of the Toronto police homicide unit. Documents filed with the courthouse in Etobicoke say the alleged breach of recognizance happened between April 10 and July 31 of last year while Smich was in custody at the Toronto West Detention Centre.

There is a court order banning the publication of the girlfriend's name.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5262706-co-accused-in-bosma-murder-case-faces-new-charge/

RSBM BBM
I dont recall ever reading this, anyone else??? It kind of surprised me, it just illustrates moreso to me how much SS must've known.
Why this guy was never charged, I'll never understand. I know AJ stated he regrets not doing more, but to have his daughter married to this man and have this example for a father figure for his grandchildren?? What a disgusting excuse for a man. MOO

Yes, I remember this from testimony ... Will try to find it ...

ETA: Couldn't find it ... Perhaps was in Schlatman's testimony, maybe in cross?

ETA: Found it ... Dungey cross of Schlatman on April 4 ... Adam Carter tweets:

93f1fdecc8062626763a5556567b02fd.jpg

Has anyone ever found any information on Dungey? I was curious about the lawyers and so I was doing a little digging.
I really can't find much about him whereas the other have websites or information on them.
I was wondering who else he represented, being in the business so long, I'm sure he would have to have a few under his belt.
Interesting how MS would find him. Like do you just "call a lawyer" and hope for the best?
Thankfully I've never need a lawyer obviously lol

"
I hear what you are saying brightii .... and from day one I have suspected those thoughts are from within the occult , and I believe that evil spirit runs throughout this whole escapade , and I believe it originated in Smich , and Dellen was a willing participant who could enable it.

I have put my neck on the chopping block three years ago for saying the same thing and I stand by it to this day . A lot of folks do not grasp this was deeper than a truck theft or a thrill kill.
"

Great to know where you guys are coming from.
That will sure cut down on my reading load.
Thanks. Oreck.

Has anyone ever found any information on Dungey? I was curious about the lawyers and so I was doing a little digging.
I really can't find much about him whereas the other have websites or information on them.
I was wondering who else he represented, being in the business so long, I'm sure he would have to have a few under his belt.
Interesting how MS would find him. Like do you just "call a lawyer" and hope for the best?
Thankfully I've never need a lawyer obviously lol

http://www.metronews.ca/news/hamilton/2013/05/27/the-tim-bosma-case-in-focus.html

ETA:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-who-is-who-1.3425638

Thomas Dungey, defence lawyer

Toronto-based lawyer Thomas Dungey is representing Mark Smich. In 2011, Dungey defended Michael Hall, who was found guilty of second-degree murder for lighting his best friend on fire. Dungey also defended a Toronto man who was sentenced to time served in the road rage death of a Brampton man in 2008. Jennifer Trehearne is Smich's co-counsel.

HTH

http://www.metronews.ca/news/hamilton/2013/05/27/the-tim-bosma-case-in-focus.html

ETA:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-who-is-who-1.3425638

Thomas Dungey, defence lawyer

Toronto-based lawyer Thomas Dungey is representing Mark Smich. In 2011, Dungey defended Michael Hall, who was found guilty of second-degree murder for lighting his best friend on fire. Dungey also defended a Toronto man who was sentenced to time served in the road rage death of a Brampton man in 2008. Jennifer Trehearne is Smich's co-counsel.

HTH

Thanks, I've read a few articles, I was hoping for a more formal website like Pillay. But nothing.
I'll check these out !!

"Cringey" is the word, spot on. Actually I find the whole "ghetto" dialect that we see coming from the two defendants in their text messages Cringey -- trying to act so hip from their cushy middle class parents' homes in suburbia. Their sudo gangster act, trying so desperately to be cool. Acting as if they had dealt with strife , poverty and adversity. Sounding stupid and spoilt. As if anyone ever needed a "Chrome piece" to survive in North Oakville (or anywhere in Oakville). Wonder how the little lord Faunterloys would have done dropped into some inner city area.
Perhaps they will have more opportunity to practice their lexicon in prison. Wonder if it will bring them credibility there or just laughter.

Yes, I've postulated that MS was "fronting" until it got real.

I believe in one of DM's letters he outright admits he won't survive in gen pop. I believe he used the word "pansy" to describe himself. (No offense intended, I believe that was his actual word choice.)

RSBM BBM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-schlatman-1.3519311

See page 2 of A/C's tweets for SS's testimony on cross by TD about moving the red Ram for DM to SS's friend's house.

All MOO.

IMO DM was getting antsy and time was running out. And let's not forget DM asked "Should I steal from the a-hole or the nice guy?" To me the whole thing was planned in advance.

Agreed, the way he worded this question to AM,it was clear he planned to steal one of these two vehicles. With the first test drive didn't go well, it was down to TB and that was the truck he was taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back