Bosma Murder Trial 06.1.16 - Day 57 - Closing Arguments Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of everything that has been presented, this is where I get stuck, but the Crown is adamant that this is where it happened. I wonder if they will elaborate or make a further point on this in their closing submission?

irc, the Crown only suggested that place in a final cross-examination.

"They would have had tire tracks. They would have seen something ... there's no indication trucks went back there."
by Adam Carter 10:18 AM

Dungey says Bullman would have heard voices, too. But he didn't.
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

"There's no forensics. No blood. No clothing. No shell casing. No broken glass. The Crown has no evidence whatsoever of their theory."
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

Not hearing the shot in the field doesn't really bother me, but the lack of evidence transfer to the Yukon does.

Whoever drove the car changed his clothes before entering the car. Wait, where were gloves found?

"Even the dumbest of thieves would know if you kill someone one or two minutes away from his residence and you'd been seen ... it's only a matter of time until they find you."
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

That's why the theory doesn't make sense, Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

"We know that Mr. Millard incinerated Mr. Bosma. That's not refuted by his counsel," Dungey says. But if there was a plan, wouldn't Millard have had it at a place where it was functional ahead of time? "He wouldn't have kept it at the farm," Dungey says, if there was a plan to commit murder that night.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

"No one planned to kill Mr. Bosma that night. Mr Millard killed Mr. Bosma for a reason we will never know. Something happened."
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

"If it was planned, it would have been planned a lot better than this," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

If Millard and Smich were planning to kill a person and steal a truck, would they have told everyone? No, Dungey says. But they did.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

"It was open for everyone to know that Millard was going to steal a truck, and Mr. Smich would be of assistance."

"I don't care if you're the dumbest of thieves, you'd have more sense that to let everyone know," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

"You're not going to plan to kill someone and then let everyone know you plan to steal a truck," Dungey says. "It doesn't make sense."

"The whole cross-examination from Mr. Millard's counsel was nothing but smoke and mirrors ... they didn't call any evidence to support it," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 9:54 AM

Dungey also points out the Crown didn't call any reply evidence either, after Smich testified.

"If Mr. Smich was lying, why wasn't there reply evidence to show it?"

What about the extra truck videos?

"No one planned to kill Mr. Bosma that night. Mr Millard killed Mr. Bosma for a reason we will never know. Something happened."
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

"If it was planned, it would have been planned a lot better than this," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

If Millard and Smich were planning to kill a person and steal a truck, would they have told everyone? No, Dungey says. But they did.

Both of the defendants were legends in their own minds. The Grand Theft Auto in real life makes so much sense.

Dungey says that Meneses testified that Smich told her he'd be back in a couple of hours. Why would he do that if there was a plan to kill? Dungey asks.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

"It doesn't make sense to me, but you will decide."
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

Dungey says the Crown's theory that Millard and Smich stopped at Bobcat of Brantford to "reposition the body" also makes no sense.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

"If you killed him in the Bullman field, no one's there, no one could see," Dungey says. Why not position the body then?
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

"You don't stop right on the side of the road to reposition the body," Dungey says. "It's illogical."
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

Dungey again says there's no evidence to support that theory. "This case has to be decided on evidence and evidence only."
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

Dungey now moving on to when the phones were shut off.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

Dungey says there's no vehicle to support that Smich shut off his phone at the same time as the Bate phone because he was in the truck. "Mr. Smich's phone happened to die."
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

If it had been planned, "surely" Millard would have been smart enough to turn his own phone off, Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Now taking a 15 minute break.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

I saw something this morning that was new to me:

Lisa Hepfner 23m
Bullmann went into the field, Dungey recalled, and the grass was 4-5 feet tall. It hadn't been tramped down.

IMO, the plan to steal a truck was in the works for a year or more. However the plan to kill was also planned, but it was not a specific murder, but rather a plan to set up a killing system. A system that allows them to "take it at the source". DM did not buy the Eliminator for just one mission. DM was not having the van modified to be their search and destroy vehicle for just one mission. The gun was also going to be used for multiple missions.

This was part of DM's intention for rolling out his $100,000/month missions.

IMO, the evidence shows that they were planning a serious change to what missions mean. The killing system was to be in place for when the situation required it, and this was their first attempt at using it for a theft mission. They went to Mr. Bosma's both knowing that the system they put in place could be used if needed. And the results of this first go was a disaster.

MOO

Well Dungey seems to be doing a good job as we all expected he would.

I saw something this morning that was new to me:

Lisa Hepfner 23m
Bullmann went into the field, Dungey recalled, and the grass was 4-5 feet tall. It hadn't been tramped down.

Never seen 5 foot high grass in my life so I'm assuming thats an exaggeration?

"It was open for everyone to know that Millard was going to steal a truck, and Mr. Smich would be of assistance."

"I don't care if you're the dumbest of thieves, you'd have more sense that to let everyone know," Dungey says.

"You're not going to plan to kill someone and then let everyone know you plan to steal a truck," Dungey says. "It doesn't make sense."

I don't understand this reasoning at all. At that point in time, DM would believe that the theft and murder would go off without a hitch, with nothing to tie him back to it, thinking it could only be tied to Lucas Bate. And his "friends" that saw it never did come forward to the police of their own volition, and more than likely never would have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't Mr Bullman say the field had been used by some people as a place to dump their trash? I would think this would render any evidence inadmissable unless it had finger prints, GSR, or DNA on it. I would also think they would have brought water along to do a light clean up and just haul everything back in the pickup to keep the Yukon evidence free. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966