Bosma Murder Trial 06.1.16 - Day 57 - Closing Arguments Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your words are so true and deeply touching ... Words in perfect order. And ones which I am certain we all feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you MrsThreadgoode. You're so kind, and your posts are always informative and respectful, and they often uplift my spirits. I appreciate your thoughtful contributions to the discussions here very much. I'm sure we all do! :)

All MOO.

first post, have been following the trial the whole time though. One thing that has stuck with me that I haven't seen raised much is Dungey's suggestion that Bosma was shot in the neck:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-the-latest-terrible-evidence-in-bosma-trial/

Don't believe it has been brought up again at all in the trial

Welcome! So glad that you posted!

You are correct. After Dungey suggested this possibility in cross, it hasn't been raised again that I am aware of.

I thought that Dungey might have mentioned it again in his close.

I don't think anyone will ever know the truth.

ETA: sorry ... I should have read further ahead before posting, lol. I see that you have received much better responses to your post up thread.

Very happy to welcome you, though!

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Molly Hayes has written an article about the Bosma trial for this month's Walrus magazine. The Vilest Form of Evil ...

http://thewalrus.ca/the-vilest-form-of-evil/

"It has been more than three years since Tim Bosma left his home—taken by strangers who’d come to test drive the pickup truck he was selling online—and was killed. Over a truck. Sharlene Bosma has realized she has now been without him longer than she was married to him."

Wow. What a well written yet heart-wrenching article.

I was choked up for all of it and then when I read about his dad breaking down in the car and asking why, I lost it.

This is all so *advertiser censored***** unfair and sick that humans can be so evil to cause this much pain to each other.

TD compared him to rap 'artists' ! And rap 'artists' to violent opera creators!

Well, Roman Catholics didn't accept actors and theatrical performers until very recently. Is there a good opera where nobody is killed or kills him/herself?

To me there's two things that crush any doubt for MS getting found not guilty of murder:
1. MM saying he was in a celebrating mood when they picked her up.
2. BD saying he told him it was his gun

Both of them would be pro MS if anything and have no reason to lie.

In terms of 1st or 2nd degree - I'm of the believe that you either think they both planned it or there was no plan at all. Saying DM planned it without MS is just implausible. All it would take is MS not going along with it and DM is completely pooched with no way out of it (and he can't just kill MS if he wouldn't go along with it, MM knew they were out together and police would be on him in about 5 minutes). If you think one planned it without the other - I'd need you to do some serious convincing to make that seem at all plausible to me.

I'm of the belief this was 1st degree and planned. It would be a wild coincidence that the guys who snap and murder someone also just happen to have an incinerator to get rid of the body and decided to bring a loaded gun on a scoping test drive.

Wow. What a well written yet heart-wrenching article.

I was choked up for all of it and then when I read about his dad breaking down in the car and asking why, I lost it.

This is all so *advertiser censored***** unfair and sick that humans can be so evil to cause this much pain to each other.

The original article was actually written a couple years ago, and the this is kind of a custom recycling. Perfect timing. It made me cry two years ago, and even though it wasn't new tonight, it made me cry again. Even when you try really, really, really hard not to lose sight of what this trial is about, and what happened and what it cost people, most especially Timothy Bosma, you can drift. I'm grateful for such a potent reminder.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I'm wondering if MS is right or left handed? If he was sitting in the back seat, directly behind TB with DM driving, then the only way I could believe him to be the shooter is if he had the gun in his left hand and swung around with it to fire at close range. Based on the blood evidence and broken out window I don't think he could have done it with the gun in his right hand unless he was seated in the rear behind the driver (DM). DM could have shot with his right hand from the driver's seat but likely not with his left hand. If the truck was moving when TB was shot then I think it is less likely that DM was the shooter as it would have been more risky for him to draw the gun from his satchel or clothing while also steering. If the truck was stopped in the field then I suppose anything is possible. Regardless of who was the shooter I think both DM and MS planned the robbery together and should both be found guilty!

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I'm wondering if MS is right or left handed? If he was sitting in the back seat, directly behind TB with DM driving, then the only way I could believe him to be the shooter is if he had the gun in his left hand and swung around with it to fire at close range. Based on the blood evidence and broken out window I don't think he could have done it with the gun in his right hand unless he was seated in the rear behind the driver (DM). DM could have shot with his right hand from the driver's seat but likely not with his left hand. If the truck was moving when TB was shot then I think it is less likely that DM was the shooter as it would have been more risky for him to draw the gun from his satchel or clothing while also steering. If the truck was stopped in the field then I suppose anything is possible. Regardless of who was the shooter I think both DM and MS planned the robbery together and should both be found guilty!

I dont know. But MS could have easily switched seats from where he originally got into the truck, I don't think you can get an answer based on that.

He has been seen writing with his right hand. DM has been using his left hand

":
I think he has a good chance (guesstimate at 25%) of AATF. I actually do believe the part of his testimony that Millard killed Bosma around Bobcat and that Smich was in the Yukon at that time. It all boils down to planning for Smich. Again, for me there is no doubt that Millard was planning for the murder. Was Smich aware of the plan, or really thought it's scoping?

For Millard it all boils down to finding a BF who's gonna protect him from other potential BFs in jail for at least the following 25 years.
"

I agree with you Don.
----Don't hand me scoping.----
Sane burglers don't SCOPE a Dodge 3500 with a chipped key.
The motor doesn't start without the chip.
They don't just come back later and hot wire like they did in the 90's
They had a plan.
And that was to murder him and take his chipped key.

I hate to think about your final statement, but I think he deserves it.

DM+MS=M#1

Thank you MrsThreadgoode. You're so kind, and your posts are always informative and respectful, and they often uplift my spirits. I appreciate your thoughtful contributions to the discussions here very much. I'm sure we all do! :)

All MOO.

Oh, my, brightii, you have made my day. I can't thank you enough for your kind and thoughtful words. You are much too kind to me!! I feel fortunate to be able to express my thoughts amongst such fine, insightful people who welcome discussion, varying perspectives, impart their knowledge, and share such deep emotion and respect for the Bosma family. [emoji258]

The matter of who shot TB will never be known in my opinion. It's not like we're going to be able to figure it out from clues. Some important elements of the crime will remain unknown, like the time DM and MS entered and left the field, the route they took on the test drive, how many sightings of TB's truck and the Yukon were passing at SuperSucker - and when was TB killed, where and by whom, who put TB in the incinerator - one or both of the accused, etc. etc.

The missing puzzle pieces can't really ever be discovered. It's too late. We just have to choose to believe the most credible story to arrive at a conclusion. The puzzle is incomplete, but with each of the three versions presented, we can see most of the picture, so now it's time to make a choice within the limitations of what we know and what we never will.

Even if DM had taken the stand and directly told his version of the truth, what would that change? We'd still have three disparate versions of what happened to TB and why, and what happened after his murder and why. The time for speculating about all the possibilities is done IMO because it won't change the outcome of the trial. Whatever the jury decides will be the best indicator of a truth that most closely resembles the actual truth. It's the best we can hope for IMO, and as hard as that may be to accept, we'll have no other choice but to accept that a lot of mystery surrounding this terrible crime will linger on.

All MOO.

I was pleased to see Dungey call out SS today. Finally somebody put on the record what they thought of the lying ! All good from my vantage point!

Just glad that chop-shop, thievery business has been broken up.

I wonder if DM will have the same council for the LB and WM cases. I could see him throwing a tantrum if he is convicted in Tim's murder and that seems likely. I know in the letters he alluded to representing himself in those cases. After this he probably thinks he can do a better job when in reality this should show him even the best lawyers have trouble.

MS would be smart to keep Dungey for the LB case but who knows.

Was just recalling SB saying they wanted to unload the car because it constantly needed repairs, spent $10,000 in repairs, so a) wondering if that was the same case for DM's red RAM and b) why steal an older vehicle, why not a brand new one? Maybe that's been answered.All the more reason to believe it doesn't add up.

I wonder if DM will have the same council for the LB and WM cases. I could see him throwing a tantrum if he is convicted in Tim's murder and that seems likely. I know in the letters he alluded to representing himself in those cases. After this he probably thinks he can do a better job when in reality this should show him even the best lawyers have trouble.

MS would be smart to keep Dungey for the LB case but who knows.

I'm wondering how time will be calculated. Like if they get 25 yrs for this murder, don't they subtract the 3 already served? So when does time for the next murder start being calculated from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!